PDA

View Full Version : Werribee this week

Sockeye Salmon
13-07-2007, 12:39 PM
I notice Steven Tiller, Travis Baird, Josh Hill and Damian McCormack are all playing seniors this week, along with regulars Will Minson, Wayde Skipper, Dylan Addison, Cameron Wight, Malcolm Lynch, Marty Pask and Cam Faulkner.

Only 11 listed players in the squad so no-one was left out due to the quota (don't think it applies this week anyway).

Power and Walsh are still injured.

McDougall, Stack, Hughes and O'Shea are playing reserves.

Go_Dogs
13-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Good to see Tiller earn a game in the seniors side, and hopefully Dmac can show a bit too.

GVGjr
13-07-2007, 01:18 PM
I could be heading down to watch this game. If I get there I will report back on both games.

bornadog
13-07-2007, 02:38 PM
I could be heading down to watch this game. If I get there I will report back on both games.

I will be interested in how Tiller goes, he has kicked a couple of goals in the past few weeks. I think he has potential.

Mofra
13-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Hopefully D-Mac & Tiller can get through unscathed. Both have shown a bit, despite injuries.

I guess McDougall in the 2nds still isn't a great sign.

bulldogtragic
13-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Doogs????

Just can't work out what to think about him.

bulldogtragic
13-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Very happy for Tiller too. Very happy.

GVGjr
15-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Went to the game today and while the 2nds had a impressive 100 point win the 1st's were very disappointing.

For the 2nds all the Doggies players performed well. Doogs was quiet in the 1st quarter but did well alternating between forward and ruck duties. he was probably at his best on the ball and kicked a couple of long goals.
O'Shea mainly battled against Stefan Marin and was pretty good. Got injured in the last minute of the game but was hobbling around OK after it. Stefan Martin was one of the real smokies at last years draft
Hughes was very classy and is too good to be playing in the 2nds. Stack moved very well.

I'll write a bit more later on but the firsts were a long way off playing well.

GVGjr
15-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Skipper was very good today and was holding his marks. Without Pods, Tiller was played at FF alongside of Barham however, it wasn't long before Barham was sent back to try and curb the rampant Zebras.
Minson was just a bit better than average today and gave his customary 50mtr penalty for mouthing off.
Faulkner was solid in the midfield but was a lone hand in there. The Bees players often missed him when he was out by himself or put him under a lot of pressure with poor handballs. He battled hard though.
Hill was classy at times but didn't do enough.
Tiller was OK in the forward line but was undersized.
Baird was quiet in the first quarter but got into the game better each quarter after that.
Wight tried hard but was beaten by Sautner before moving forward
Pask was undersized against Holland but tried hard.
McCormack was decent across half forward and on a wing.

bornadog
15-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Doesn't sound good at all.

bulldogtragic
16-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Doesn't sound like anyone wants to get promoted.

Go_Dogs
16-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Baird's form is pleasing, considering where he was at little over a month ago. Skipper has been trying hard all year in vain it seems.

How did Wight look up forward?

LostDoggy
16-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Surely you're kidding about Minson giving away a 50m penalty! For such a bright young man he's struggling to learn from that particular behaviour.

Go_Dogs
16-07-2007, 01:01 PM
He's an academic though, book smart.

Bulldog Revolution
16-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Tiller was OK in the forward line but was undersized.
Wight tried hard but was beaten by Sautner before moving forward

Tiller undersized physically or just not a key position player GVGjr?

Thats not good for Wight, Sautner is up there with Essendons A-Welsh & H Slattery as my most hated opposition players.

Sautner just strikes as a kn_b

LostDoggy
16-07-2007, 02:05 PM
BR I noticed your comments about Slattery and Welsh in a thread prior to the Essendon game, so I kept an eye out for them during the match. There was a lot of niggle between Higgins and Welsh, but Higgins seemed to be able to look after himself :) I think Slattery spent a lot of time of Johnno - 5 goals to Johnno.

GVGjr
16-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Tiller undersized physically or just not a key position player GVGjr?

Thats not good for Wight, Sautner is up there with Essendons A-Welsh & H Slattery as my most hated opposition players.

I don't think he is a KPP. At 191cm and lightly framed he also lacks a bit of athleticism required.

Bulldog Revolution
16-07-2007, 07:09 PM
BR I noticed your comments about Slattery and Welsh in a thread prior to the Essendon game, so I kept an eye out for them during the match. There was a lot of niggle between Higgins and Welsh, but Higgins seemed to be able to look after himself :) I think Slattery spent a lot of time of Johnno - 5 goals to Johnno.

At one stage in the first quarter Murpy got a free kick 30 out and the commentators complained it was "not a free kick", when you watch the replay you see Slattery drop his knees (it looked deliberately to me) into Murphys back when he had time and space to avoid it - basically it sums him up - he likes a cheap shot. That said I thought Slattery was ok for them on Saturday.

Welsh rightly recognises he has very little talent, he is an appalling kick, he can win a bit of the ball, but isn't particularly quick and I dont believe Essendon will ever be a good side with him in it. They used to play him backpocket but his kicking on the rebound gives them nothing and whilst he can find it a bit up forward but cant kick. If you saw them play Geelong the week before he found the ball up forward in the first quarter but was looking to lay the ball off even when 30 out directly in front. So hes decided to be an opposition niggler because he has no talent.

bornadog
16-07-2007, 07:10 PM

I noticed Pask got reported for hitting Sautner.

Bulldog Revolution
17-07-2007, 03:27 PM
I noticed Pask got reported for hitting Sautner.

Hed get votes in the best and fairest for me for that, and BOG if he broke his nose

Bulldog Revolution
17-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't think he is a KPP. At 191cm and lightly framed he also lacks a bit of athleticism required.

Do you think it is athleticism or could it be just not having played seniors for a while

In your considered opinion, does he look like he could make it GVGjr

Templeton31
17-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Hed get votes in the best and fairest for me for that, and BOG if he broke his nose

unfortunately Axes report on Bees website says he got a week's suspension instead. :D

LostDoggy
17-07-2007, 05:13 PM
At one stage in the first quarter Murpy got a free kick 30 out and the commentators complained it was "not a free kick", when you watch the replay you see Slattery drop his knees (it looked deliberately to me) into Murphys back when he had time and space to avoid it - basically it sums him up - he likes a cheap shot. That said I thought Slattery was ok for them on Saturday....

Yep, noticed the knees into Murphy's back and the commentators (Quartermain) denying that it was a free kick. They compared it as identical to a free kick Lucas should have got (but rightly didn't) from Morris later in the game. Morris kept his knees off Lucas' back and did everything he could not to infringe. Commentators = dolts.

GVGjr
17-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Do you think it is athleticism or could it be just not having played seniors for a while

In your considered opinion, does he look like he could make it GVGjr

I don't think he will make it as a KPP. If he can be used as a 3rd tall then it strengthens his chances. I'd like to stick with him to see how he goes without the consistent injuries but we may not have the room this year to maintain some of these guys that have yet to prove themselves. Lets see how he performs in the next few weeks at Werribee

LostDoggy
18-07-2007, 10:38 AM
unfortunately Axes report on Bees website says he got a week's suspension instead. :D

I just had a read of Atkins summary and it wasn't too flattering. The Bees might fall short of the mark again this year.