jazzadogs
23-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Thank the Lord.

LostDoggy
23-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Was his beard cleared too? :D

chef
23-08-2010, 05:37 PM
This result is surprising, I was starting to think that god must really hate us.

choconmientay
23-08-2010, 05:37 PM
awesome news :) One less thing to worry about.

LostDoggy
23-08-2010, 05:44 PM
So, there is a football God who sometimes answers my prayers - ;)

bornadog
23-08-2010, 05:45 PM
The MRP (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/100961/default.aspx)

THE MATCH review panel has offered Geelong's James Podsiadly a two-match sanction for a high bump on Carlton midfielder Bryce Gibbs, if he accepts he will not only miss the Cats' round 22 clash against the Eagles, but the first qualifying final against St Kilda.

Geelong's Josh Hunt also faces a two-match ban and Collingwood's Leigh Brown has also been cited.

Podsiadly's carry-over points - from a striking charge earlier in the season - boost his charge to three weeks, but this can be brought back to two if he lodges an early guilty plea.

Gibbs had his head over the ball when he was bumped by Podsiadly late in the first half of the Cats’ win over the Blues at Etihad Stadium on Friday night.

Although he was momentarily dazed by the collision, Gibbs played out the rest of the game.

Podsiadly, who finished the game with four goals, later apologised for his clumsy effort.

In its report, the MRP found the contact was of medium impact and was negligent.

Hunt faces a two-game ban after being booked for engaging in rough conduct against Carlton’s Jarrad Waite.

With an early guilty plea he can have the penalty reduced to one match.

Brown has been offered a one-week suspension for his high contact on Adelaide defender Graham Johncock, which took place early in the final quarter of the Magpies’ win on Saturday night.

The Collingwood utility collected Johncock with an arm to the head and a downfield free kick was paid as a result.

Johncock was slow in getting to his feet, although he played out the game.

Brown’s carry-over points mean he will spend a week on the sidelines even if he lodges an early guilty plea.

The situation could open the door for Josh Fraser to finally play his 200th game.

Sydney Swans defender Paul Bevan can accept a reprimand if he pleads guilty to engaging in rough conduct against Bulldogs midfielder Ryan Griffen, while the match day report laid against West Coast’s Beau Waters for a similar offence against North Melbourne’s Leigh Adams was thrown out.

Bulldogs ruckman Ben Hudson has also been cleared of wrongdoing, despite the MRP reviewing his bump on Swans youngster Daniel Hannebery during the last quarter at the SCG.

The panel found the contact was made to Hannebery’s left shoulder and body, and not to his head.

The Underdog
23-08-2010, 05:46 PM
This result is surprising, I was starting to think that god must really hate us.

He does, he's just less powerful than the Beard.

bornadog
23-08-2010, 05:51 PM

I was never worried as the replay clearly showed he didn't bump him anywhere illegal

aker39
23-08-2010, 05:57 PM

Why, it was a late bump to his chest. Down the field free kick was all it deserved.

PS - Sorry bornadog had already said the same thing.

chef
23-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Why, it was a late bump to his chest. Down the field free kick was all it deserved.

PS - Sorry bornadog had already said the same thing.

Only because you never know what you are going to get with the MRP(and we seemed to be cursed).

Sedat
23-08-2010, 06:13 PM
God might have it in for us but the MRP absolutely love us going on the last 2 weeks.

LostDoggy
23-08-2010, 06:36 PM
God might have it in for us but the MRP absolutely love us going on the last 2 weeks.

Nah, it's just Fate's whimsical way of toying with us. You can't leave the punters with no hope, otherwise, they would just resign themselves to their fate. Give them a glimmer of hope, then snatch it cruelly away: that's how you really kick them in the guts.

jazzadogs
23-08-2010, 07:33 PM
I must say I'm surprised Waters got off. He mostly got him in the shoulder, but still collected a fair bit of his head.

LostDoggy
23-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I would have rested Huddo this week and put Will and Roughy in to duke it out.

azabob
23-08-2010, 08:35 PM
I would have rested Huddo this week and put Will and Roughy in to duke it out.

He missed the Geelong game, that was his rest.