PDA

View Full Version : Morris out for the season!

angelopetraglia
25-08-2010, 01:25 PM
According to Sam Edmund off Twitter: "Bulldog Dale Morris ruled out for the year now. What a shocking run the Dogs are having"

What ladder have we walked under?

Update: Now confirmed from Stevo from the Herald Sun: "Morris gawn: Dale Morris played last finals series with break in leg. He can't carry crook shoulder though. Ruled out for season. Ouch"

F%#$!

comrade
25-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Cooney and Morris out for the year heading into finals.

Wow.

Desipura
25-08-2010, 01:34 PM
It has been reported he has a cracked vertabrae, I wish him all the best in his recovery.

ratsmac
25-08-2010, 01:42 PM
It has been reported he has a cracked vertabrae, I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Yeah sounds serious, his health come first. Get well soon Dale.

Greystache
25-08-2010, 01:45 PM
F@#K ME!!

Could things get much worse? Now we just need Hall to get injured to complete the set! Williams and Hargrave are going to have to have the month of their careers if we're going to compete!:mad:

Murphy'sLore
25-08-2010, 01:47 PM
It'll be the fairy tale to end all fairy tales if we can get up from here.

Take care of yourself Dale and see you next year.

comrade
25-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Blood the kids and invest in our future. 2010 isn't our year and 2 finals would be invaluable for their development.

Greystache
25-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Confirmation-

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2010/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/101104/default.aspx

EDIT-
Barry Hall (corked thigh) and Brian Lake (conjunctivitis) both missed Wednesday’s training session, but are expected to be available this week.

You almost have to laugh!

LongWait
25-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Blood the kids and invest in our future. 2010 isn't our year and 2 finals would be invaluable for their development.

I'm with you on this Comrade. Play the 'future' team and just tell them to attack, attack. attack and roll the dice.

bornadog
25-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Confirmation-

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2010/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/101104/default.aspx

EDIT-

You almost have to laugh!

also included in that article:

Eade said Shaun Higgins was a chance to face Essendon on Saturday night, while Andrejs Everitt, Jordan Roughead, Will Minson, Josh Hill and Dylan Addison would be considered for selection.

choconmientay
25-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I can feel the pain :(

As for September ... 'All In' please.

jazzadogs
25-08-2010, 02:24 PM
What a joke. I think we will all see how important he is to the team over the next few weeks, without him there our backline will seriously struggle.

firstdogonthemoon
25-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Oh dear

Murphy'sLore
25-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Conjunctivitis -- that must have been Aker's pin in the eye. Ouch.

LostDoggy
25-08-2010, 02:46 PM
FDOTM = black cat walking across our season? My fault for betting on getting to the prelim?

Farkit, call the witch doctor, rub the lamp, someone remove the curse.

The Pie Man
25-08-2010, 02:53 PM
This is such BS

I do like comrade's thoughts on the situation though - we could even still pinch a win and play 3 finals which will be invaluable to Grant & Jones' development (and maybe Wood/Everitt)

We've still got a spine (Lake/Williams) a big forward (Hall) an elite clearance player (Boyd) with who I consider an elite ruckman (Hudson) so there's still elements to see us compete...but losing two All Australians for the finals is just such BS

Has Addison played finals for us before?

Ozza
25-08-2010, 03:12 PM
This is such BS

I do like comrade's thoughts on the situation though - we could even still pinch a win and play 3 finals which will be invaluable to Grant & Jones' development (and maybe Wood/Everitt)

We've still got a spine (Lake/Williams) a big forward (Hall) an elite clearance player (Boyd) with who I consider an elite ruckman (Hudson) so there's still elements to see us compete...but losing two All Australians for the finals is just such BS

Has Addison played finals for us before?

No Addison hasn't played a final before.

Oh - and we've lost 3 All Australians! Johno, Cooney and Morris.

comrade
25-08-2010, 03:22 PM
No Addison hasn't played a final before.

Oh - and we've lost 3 All Australians! Johno, Cooney and Morris.

Plus we have one playing under some serious duress - Lake.

LostDoggy
25-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Noooooooooooo!!!! :(

LostDoggy
25-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Fml.

Remi Moses
25-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Awful blow! Dare I say it a prelim would be a good result. Getting very P***** off at morons calling Sen talking About Aker getting Karma on this
If anyone here is that Mark idiot from Bacchus Marsh you are an idiot!!!!

The Bulldogs Bite
25-08-2010, 04:46 PM

What a shocking year.

As comrade said, play the kids.

The Pie Man
25-08-2010, 04:58 PM
This off Sam Edmunds twitter :

The run of bad luck the Dogs are enduring is staggering. Barry Hall has a corked thigh that is bleeding and is also no certainty this week.

mighty_west
25-08-2010, 05:00 PM

The run of bad luck the Dogs are enduring is staggering. Barry Hall has a corked thigh that is bleeding and is also no certainty this week.

Awesome.....:(

chef
25-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Shit. Bugger. Crap.

It just gets worse and worse.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-08-2010, 05:04 PM

I wouldn't mind resting Barry anyway.

This week isn't pivotal, although one could argue we need to find some confidence and form before the QF.

G-Mo77
25-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Morris has been our rock all season. If it was going to be tough without Coons for the rest of the season it's going to be even tougher without Morris.

It's someones chance to step up now.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm obviously no AFL tactition, but is there anyway that these massive personnel losses we've suffered this week can perhaps force Eade and Co to think outside the box, and perhaps surprise Collingwood with some different tactics that may unsettle their game plan?
If we had lost him earlier in the year and had to adopt different tactics, over a period of time other clubs could cotton onto what we were doing.
Am i being a naive optimist by thinking we can turn dissaray into a brief competitive advantage, by trying some innovative moves???.....although I am at a loss to think what such innovations could be.

I recall that Adelaide lost their most important key forward in Modra late in 97, and perhaps this forced them to think outside the box, and ultimately surprise teams who were unsure as to how they were going to play minus Modra.

Sockeye Salmon
25-08-2010, 06:02 PM
I recall that Adelaide lost their most important key forward in Modra late in 97, and perhaps this forced them to think outside the box, and ultimately surprise teams who were unsure as to how they were going to play minus Modra.

We could always bring in Darren Jarman but the risk would be that he would eat Jarrod Grant.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-08-2010, 06:06 PM
We could always bring in Darren Jarman but the risk would be that he would eat Jarrod Grant.

:D
not enough meat on Grant, maybe we could tip BBQ sauce on Dane Swan and he could eat him instead?

mighty_west
25-08-2010, 06:09 PM
:D
not enough meat on Grant, maybe we could tip BBQ sauce on Dane Swan and he could eat him instead?

Jarmans being eyeing off Leigh Browns rump!

Remi Moses
25-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Shane Ellen anyone?Aaron Keating?They had no Rucchito or Vardy in 97!

LostDoggy
25-08-2010, 06:21 PM
FDOTM = black cat walking across our season? My fault for betting on getting to the prelim?

Farkit, call the witch doctor, rub the lamp, someone remove the curse.

He!He! Thanks for helping me raise a smile.......Best wishes to the Glove on a speedy recovery! Probably good time to bring in some kids and give them a taste of finals footy??:confused:

LostDoggy
25-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Shit. Bugger. Crap.

It just gets worse and worse.

What he said!
I've shed a tear and felt sorry for myself, now I want Dale to have a full recovery and good health. I'm so sad that his season is over, he has been a rock this year. Cheers Dale :D
There are worse things happening in the world....I'm just having a bit of trouble thinking of what they are just at this minute. Still looking forward to the next few weeks, Go Dogs!

LostDoggy
25-08-2010, 07:46 PM
He!He! Thanks for helping me raise a smile.......Best wishes to the Glove on a speedy recovery! Probably good time to bring in some kids and give them a taste of finals footy??:confused:

Damn its hard being a dog. How is it possible? Cooney and Morris were also badly injured last finals series, the same 2 desperately required players.

I hear Rod is off to stonehenge to sacrifice a magpie to the pagan gods...

MrMahatma
25-08-2010, 08:48 PM
We're going to have to play kids by definition now - but I wouldn't be going into a finals series with the view "let's play him, he'll learn a lot for next time".

Agree there will need to be a tactical shift. This is a major blow and I don't think we can do it now. However, blokes need to stand up.

Who knows, maybe the Pies will lose two blokes in the first 15min against us and be down on rotations. Or maybe some of our under achievers will show what they can do.

On current form we're no chance without coon and Dale, but if guys play to their potential - who know..?

FrediKanoute
25-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Damn its hard being a dog. How is it possible? Cooney and Morris were also badly injured last finals series, the same 2 desperately required players.

I hear Rod is off to stonehenge to sacrifice a magpie to the pagan gods...

Happy to give Rod a lift and possible extend the trip to other venerable sites like Glastonbury Tor, Blarney Castle, Lourdes....even Mecca if I thought it would do any good.

Seriously though......you can't help bad luck with injuries and this year the rub of the green hasn't really gone our way. We have struggled to get our best players on the park. However, we have still finished fourth....albeit we are limping into the finals.....great oportunity now to let Grant, Wood, Jones get some finals experience.

Go_Dogs
25-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Terrible news hearing this on the way home tonight....we're going to need something very special to happen for us to have any say this finals series without 2 of arguably our 5 most important guys, Lake under a cloud of somewhat, Murphy having another indifferent year and Hudson beginning to show the effects of a big season.

Hopefully this misfortune leads to some great experience for the kids, and a real opportunity to test the waters with a few players before seasons end. If a few of the older blokes miss out, so be it. We really need one eye firmly on the future at this point, if not both.

jasopan
26-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Johnson, Cooney, Morris, Hall maybe, Wood...
all within the space of 3 weeks, ouch.

AndrewP6
26-08-2010, 12:31 AM
http://www.dvrbs.com/People/Fire/DennisMichael5.jpg

lemmon
26-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Jeez this hurts, you can feel the year just slipping away. What a waste, hope we go out swinging though. No lying down now lets give them a fright and see what happens.

LostDoggy
26-08-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm thinking its more bad luck for Morris and Coons who will miss out in playing in a Grand Final

P.s. Excuse my high hopes :D