PDA

View Full Version : Hand Knitted Footy Jumper

The Coon Dog
26-08-2010, 03:18 PM
My sister has just become a Grandmother & wants to do the right thing by her new Grandson & knit him his first Western Bulldogs footy jumper.

Anyone know where a pattern can be obtained for that?

The Underdog
26-08-2010, 03:45 PM
My sister has just become a Grandmother & wants to do the right thing by her new Grandson & knit him his first Western Bulldogs footy jumper.

Anyone know where a pattern can be obtained for that?

No, but be careful the AFL doesn't sue her for copyright infringement :p

mighty_west
26-08-2010, 04:49 PM
You could always cheat and get Sherwood Knitting Mills [if they are still around] to whip something up, identical knit to the olden day jumpers for under $50.

Mofra
26-08-2010, 05:36 PM
You could always cheat and get Sherwood Knitting Mills [if they are still around] to whip something up, identical knit to the olden day jumpers for under $50.
Really? Old school with a red collar? I'd love one of those!

Edit: Google gives us http://www.sherwoodfootball.com.au/football.html

Cheers M_W!

mighty_west
26-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Really? Old school with a red collar? I'd love one of those!

Edit: Google gives us http://www.sherwoodfootball.com.au/football.html

Cheers M_W!

Yep, they can make up any old design, collars, no collars, buttons up the top, sleeves, sleeveless etc, i got a 54 design made up a while back, cost me $35, oh and they whacked a 3 on the back as well, sew on off course, not the modern press on.

Just make sure you get fitted, i asked for a large, it is barely a small medium, never fit me.

The Coon Dog
26-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Not looking for a jumper from Sherwood. Looking for a pattern for a current jumper to be knitted for a new born baby.

Twodogs
26-08-2010, 07:28 PM
My mum had a pattern for the old tricolour 1950s style but because of her athritis she donated all her patterns to the op shop on the corner of willy rd and somerville rd-The one next to Macca's where the bustop to Highpoint is.

I'll go in tomorrow and see if they still have them Baz.

The Coon Dog
26-08-2010, 07:33 PM
My mum had a pattern for the old tricolour 1950s style but because of her athritis she donated all her patterns to the op shop on the corner of willy rd and somerville rd-The one next to Macca's where the bustop to Highpoint is.

I'll go in tomorrow and see if they still have them Baz.

Thanks Carl, but I don't want the pattern for an 'old' jumper, no idea where that thought came from. I am looking for the current one (with robodog on it).

There used to be some lovely old ladies after the fightback that used to knit them & Ces would sell them in the souvenir shop.

Twodogs
26-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks Carl, but I don't want the pattern for an 'old' jumper, no idea where that thought came from. I am looking for the current one (with robodog on it).

There used to be some lovely old ladies after the fightback that used to knit them & Ces would sell them in the souvenir shop.

For reasons that are too mundane to go into here I have seen heaps of knitting patterns but I've never seen one with the robodog on it.

LostDoggy
26-08-2010, 10:47 PM

I know a fair few of the rinse brigade (red, purple, pink as well as blue rinse) who'll be at the game on Saturday. They are amongst my biggest fans, they understand my need for follicle colourisation for some reason. ;)
They'll spread the word through the ranks. If they don't have it, they'll find it or even create it. Keep you posted.:)