PDA

View Full Version : Rhys Palmer, possible move?

LostDoggy
27-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Heard talk about him moving away from Freo on SEN today, Tim Watson was saying that he heard Palmer is on the outer at the Dockers. Definitely has all of the talent in the world, but seems to be in & out of the side this year. I reckon there would be plenty of clubs willing to take up his services, especially Gold Coast.

Only 21 years old & a recent NAB Rising Star winner, but has struggled a lot since and the knee injury obviously didn't help.

Anyone see him moving away from Freo?

chef
27-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Heard talk about him moving away from Freo on SEN today, Tim Watson was saying that he heard Palmer is on the outer at the Dockers. Definitely has all of the talent in the world, but seems to be in & out of the side this year. I reckon there would be plenty of clubs willing to take up his services, especially Gold Coast.

Only 21 years old & a recent NAB Rising Star winner, but has struggled a lot since and the knee injury obviously didn't help.

Anyone see him moving away from Freo?

No, I can't see them trading him and I wouldn't want him at the Dogs as he has one of the worst disposals in the league.

Is he contract for next year?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-08-2010, 07:02 PM
No, I can't see them trading him and I wouldn't want him at the Dogs as he has one of the worst disposals in the league.

Is he contract for next year?

Not sure about contract status, but agree another one we would neither be interested in or who would assist us in our areas of deficiencies.

If he were to seriously want to leave Freo, ordinarily you would suspect he may be in the frame for the Eagles -being a WA boy- however they already have a surplus of one paced midfielders who are suspect users of the ball.

Desipura
27-08-2010, 07:18 PM
I'd rather Robert Palmer.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-08-2010, 07:20 PM

and even though he's dead, he's still probably as quick as Rhys.

Desipura
27-08-2010, 07:21 PM
A dead eye dick one might say

divvydan
27-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Had heard that he likes to play hard off the field as well, possibly having some impact on his ability to rehab well from injuries. I know it's not really financially possible but I'd love another Fremantle player who's out of contract and that's David Mundy.

LostDoggy
27-08-2010, 09:24 PM
The chap cannot kick. He is a poor man's Shaun MacManus.

I would take Q. Lynch if we are talking drafting. Though I know many wouldn't.

Twodogs
28-08-2010, 10:06 AM

A dead eye dick one might say

C'mon guys, three posts in and no-one has said that he'd be simply irrestistable!

Bulldog4life
28-08-2010, 11:39 AM
C'mon guys, three posts in and no-one has said that he'd be simply irrestistable!

He must be he's in the final of Dancing with the Stars!

soupman
28-08-2010, 12:31 PM
I would take Q. Lynch if we are talking drafting. Though I know many wouldn't.

Why?

We have an abundance of tall forwrads pushing through for more gametime, Jones, Grant and Hall make up a pretty solid tall contingent for next year and Panos and hopefully Cordy will be coming through. Lynch atm isn't getting agame for the bottom side in the AFL. I wouldn't want him, even on minimum wage. Waste of a spot on our list.

Desipura
28-08-2010, 02:15 PM
working beautifully Twodogs!:D