PDA

View Full Version : The Bulldog 3rd Quarter

AndrewP6
28-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Received mine today... about to have a look through...

G-Mo77
28-08-2010, 01:27 AM
And?

........haven't got mine yet. Will have to wait until Monday :(

AndrewP6
28-08-2010, 01:39 AM
And?

Will add more as I read more....am also watching the Ben Cousins doco again (multi-tasking is hard work!)

Smorgo gives thanks to the 34,955 members, and a plug for the Bulldog for Life membership option. Rocket gives mostly positive comments on the group, in particular the young Pups. He mentions our "mostly healthy list" - obviously written before the last week ;). Article on Briza, about his life away from footy. Briza tells of how he was into lots of sports as a kid, including netball (he clarifies it as "mixed netball" :D)

AndrewP6
28-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Interesting pictorial article on the Dogs fitness team behind the scenes. Features head honcho Bill Davoren and his team at the Rd 15 game, details the various activities that are used up to and during the game.

Surprising the HOF event only got one page. :confused:

Good piece on what some players are doing or have done to prepare for life post-football. Good to hear Tim Callan has numerous certificates and qualifications (he may need them soon!). We know about Willllbur, Ayce...Crossy has a B. Exercise Science, James Mulligan is studying the same, Boydy has a B.Comm and is halfway through his MBA. Smart lads!

LostDoggy
28-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Interesting pictorial article on the Dogs fitness team behind the scenes. Features head honcho Bill Davoren and his team at the Rd 15 game, details the various activities that are used up to and during the game.

Surprising the HOF event only got one page. :confused: :confused::eek:

Gotta be be a stuff up somewhere in editing if they could only get one page, surely both sides! :rolleyes:

AndrewP6
28-08-2010, 02:18 AM
:confused::eek:

[/B]
Gotta be be a stuff up somewhere in editing if they could only get one page, surely both sides! :rolleyes:

Nope, just the one. With instructions to go to website for more :eek: . In the words of Caro, BAD CALL BULLDOGS!

The Bulldogs Central brochure features Shaun Higgins, Callan Ward and Tim Callan (gotta find something for him to do!;) )

chef
28-08-2010, 07:35 AM
And?

Me neither G-Mo77, us country folk have to wait a little longer.

Dogs 24/7
28-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I got mine and it's not one of their better efforts. For those who haven't received it yet I don't think you are missing out on that much.

jazzadogs
28-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I definitely would have liked to see a bit more on the Hall of Fame event. As much as I've read and heard a lot about it, they could have had a brief write-up about each inductee, or something along those lines. Pretty poor, but I don't really expect much.

Murphy'sLore
28-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Agree, disappointing to see so little coverage of the HOF. For some reason our computer can't get Bulldogs TV, so I'm doomed never to see this wonderful speech of Bob Murphy's. I would have loved to read a transcript.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, there are typos throughout (Vietnman? Myamar?) and punctuation appears to be a foreign concept.

The Brian Lake article gave me a few chuckles. Very dry humour.

LostDoggy
28-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Agree, disappointing to see so little coverage of the HOF. For some reason our computer can't get Bulldogs TV, so I'm doomed never to see this wonderful speech of Bob Murphy's. I would have loved to read a transcript.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, there are typos throughout (Vietnman? Myamar?) and punctuation appears to be a foreign concept.

The Brian Lake article gave me a few chuckles. Very dry humour.

Make sure you have Microsoft Silverlight installed, or you wont be able to play any videos on any of the AFL sites. You need to remember that the AFL are about 10 years behind other elite sports.

LostDoggy
29-08-2010, 01:57 AM
its a little thin.

Scraggers
02-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Me neither G-Mo77, us country folk have to wait a little longer.

I'm still waiting ... It seems interstate folk have to wait until the fourth quarter before we receive the third quarter

Cyberdoggie
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
its a little thin.

Perhaps it's just my perception but i've been noticing that there is less and less each review.

At least less in terms of articles to read.

LostDoggy
02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm still waiting ... It seems interstate folk have to wait until the fourth quarter before we receive the third quarter

Funny. :D I'm still waiting for mine too. :)