PDA

View Full Version : Round 22

The Coon Dog
27-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Firstly, in hindsight a good decision by the AFL to implement a 'floating fixture' for round 22. Seems that sides higher up the ladder will get a reasonable rest leading into week 1 of the finals, more importantly a side finishing higher isn't disadvantaged in terms of a break against a lower opponent.

Freo just managed to hang on against a fast finishing Carlton to win by a goal after leading at 3/4 time by 29 points.

This means Freo host a home final next week against Carlton or Hawthorn.

The outcome of Brisbane v Sydney determines when we take on Collingwood. If Sydney win, we play Saturday night, if Brisbane win, we play on Friday night.

Remi Moses
27-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Freo throughly deserved it,although they did their best to butcher it.
How good a footballer is Stephen Hill!
Can someone tell us Eastern States types what that W hand sign is all about ?:confused:

AndrewP6
28-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Can someone tell us Eastern States types what that W hand sign is all about ?:confused:

Wankers? ;)

G-Mo77
28-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Really cut about that one. Decided to just go for the win in my footy tips rather than play conservative and go for a place.

Port better beat Richmond now or I'll have to settle for nothing.

Scraggers
28-08-2010, 01:33 AM

There is a show over here on channel ten called 'The Western Front' hosted by Tim Gossage and Lachy Reid. They have a competition where if you get spotted (particularly on another network) showing the 'W' for Western Front you can win a prize pack, with the best of the year winning $1000.

http://ten.com.au/images/wf-ws-512x288_rdax_288x162.jpg

Scraggers
28-08-2010, 01:40 AM
I think Carlton will take more out of that game than Freo. If it falls that they play them again next week, Carlton know that with three on the bench against a side with TEN players that were rested they cn get within 1 goal. Next week, no rested players vs 22 fit players

Remi Moses
28-08-2010, 02:29 AM
I think Carlton will prefer a trip to Sydney on basically a neutral ground than another 4 hr trip to Perth. Carazzo being injured hurt Carlton and basically left Hill untagged.How awful was Betts?

Remi Moses
28-08-2010, 02:32 AM
There is a show over here on channel ten called 'The Western Front' hosted by Tim Gossage and Lachy Reid. They have a competition where if you get spotted (particularly on another network) showing the 'W' for Western Front you can win a prize pack, with the best of the year winning $1000.

http://ten.com.au/images/wf-ws-512x288_rdax_288x162.jpg

Ughhhh ! Pretty cringey.We get Gossage here doing W.A games complete flog that bloke

chef
28-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Really cut about that one. Decided to just go for the win in my footy tips rather than play conservative and go for a place.

Port better beat Richmond now or I'll have to settle for nothing.

I'm 3 behind the leader and have decided to go for broke. Carlton was my first tip:(.

LostDoggy
28-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks Coon Dog for the informative post - you sure do know your stuff!;)

bornadog
28-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Firstly, in hindsight a good decision by the AFL to implement a 'floating fixture' for round 22. Seems that sides higher up the ladder will get a reasonable rest leading into week 1 of the finals, more importantly a side finishing higher isn't disadvantaged in terms of a break against a lower opponent.

Freo just managed to hang on against a fast finishing Carlton to win by a goal after leading at 3/4 time by 29 points.

This means Freo host a home final next week against Carlton or Hawthorn.

The outcome of Brisbane v Sydney determines when we take on Collingwood. If Sydney win, we play Saturday night, if Brisbane win, we play on Friday night.

Is it great to see that the Blues may have to travel all that way again next week:)

angelopetraglia
28-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Lets hope that the Hawks hit the Pies with everything they have today.

A good Saturday is hopefully going to look like this;

- Some very sore Collingwood boys after a bruising encounter
- A hammy or two to the Collingwood running machines e.g. Swan, Thomas, Shaw or Pendles will do
- A couple of Collingwood suspensions wouldn't hurt either e.g. Travis Cloke loses the plot again
- Didak's shoulder to take a turn for the worse
- No Bulldog injuries or suspensions
- Bulldogs to regain some touch and hardness

Missed anything?

LostDoggy
28-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Collingwood lose match by 50+ points & sap all confidence?

azabob
28-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Collingwood lose match by 50+ points & sap all confidence?

Think I'd prefer their winning streak to continue.

Flamethrower
28-08-2010, 02:33 PM

It looks like their goalkicking yips are continuing. 1.5 early.

LostDoggy
28-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Anyone who wants to watch the Geelong v WCE game, link below.

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4c2d4c2e2549c

DOG GOD
28-08-2010, 03:04 PM

Same here.

bornadog
28-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Hawks win and show Collingwood is vunerable.

Remi Moses
28-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Collingwood have been beaten
A)Is that good for us (lost a bit of form)
B)They've had their loss :(

chef
28-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Hawks win and show Collingwood is vunerable.

How shocking is their kicking for goal. Beams missed a fairly easy chance right at the end to win the game.

DOG GOD
28-08-2010, 05:07 PM
How shocking is their kicking for goal. Beams missed a fairly easy chance right at the end to win the game.

They'll probably come out and kick 21.4 next week knowing our luck.

Remi Moses
28-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Just some news for Brian Taylor is that he and Leon Davis can exchange nuptials in some parts of the world. Talk about true love:eek:

Remi Moses
28-08-2010, 05:23 PM
They'll probably come out and kick 21.4 next week knowing our luck.

Was thinking the same thing!
:p

comrade
28-08-2010, 05:27 PM
We now avoid playing Hawthorn in the second week of finals if we were to lose against Collingwood.

bornadog
28-08-2010, 05:39 PM
We now avoid playing Hawthorn in the second week of finals if we were to lose against Collingwood.

We will win;)

Sockeye Salmon
28-08-2010, 07:16 PM
St. Kilda had 469 possesions and kicked 5 goals!

Ross Lyon should be killed.

Remi Moses
28-08-2010, 11:15 PM
St. Kilda had 469 possesions and kicked 5 goals!

Ross Lyon should be killed.

I agree how should we have him whacked?Can't stand that smarmy p***k

AndrewP6
29-08-2010, 12:19 AM
I agree how should we have him whacked?Can't stand that smarmy p***k

Just read on AFL.com that he said they "backed off" against the Cows. Smarmy p***k indeed.