PDA

View Full Version : Skinny Everitt

Go_Dogs
15-07-2007, 11:57 AM
In 2 games I think he's become just about the best player to debut this season, he's certainly moved ahead of Addison from last night's performance too. He has translated his game over to the quicker pace and higher intensity very well and I thought he was a very solid 2nd game contributor last night, much as he was last week. Although not yet of a physical size to hold down a KP, he's got so many other attributes that it doesn't matter at all. He almost has the package to potentially become a midfielder such is his weaponry.

He's been super impressive so far, let's hope it continues.

bulldogtragic
15-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Didn't know much about him when we drafted him other than others wanted others because someones phantom draft had Andrejs at pick 40ish.

But as soon as he hot here i loved his attitude and seeing his skills first hand and aggression to the contest, i can see exactly why Clayotn and Eade went straight for him.

I think he is going to be a very good player for us. After the game he looked close to Cooney, i can only hope all our young kids bond very closely together and want to stick together.

bornadog
15-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Didn't know much about him when we drafted him other than others wanted others because someones phantom draft had Andrejs at pick 40ish.

But as soon as he hot here i loved his attitude and seeing his skills first hand and aggression to the contest, i can see exactly why Clayotn and Eade went straight for him.

I think he is going to be a very good player for us. After the game he looked close to Cooney, i can only hope all our young kids bond very closely together and want to stick together.

It was great to see Skinny combining with Williams, Higgins etc, it really was a glimpse into the future.

This kid is so composed and a great disposer of the ball and took a couple of good grabs as well.

Dry Rot
15-07-2007, 01:35 PM
IIRC he was drafted as a defender, but looked quite at home up forward. Must run in the family.

Twodogs
15-07-2007, 01:46 PM
The Doctor was very keen on him.

Mofra
15-07-2007, 03:49 PM
How long will it take for him to start taking the kick ins? Composed, long kick, strikes it beautifully - already he is one of the best kicks in the team.

Strangely, the reports of his junior games all said he rarely got more possies than 12-18 per game, yet he had 14 last night on reportedly limited gametime.

Bulldog Revolution
15-07-2007, 03:51 PM
In 2 games I think he's become just about the best player to debut this season, he's certainly moved ahead of Addison from last night's performance too. He has translated his game over to the quicker pace and higher intensity very well and I thought he was a very solid 2nd game contributor last night, much as he was last week. Although not yet of a physical size to hold down a KP, he's got so many other attributes that it doesn't matter at all. He almost has the package to potentially become a midfielder such is his weaponry.

He's been super impressive so far, let's hope it continues.

Yep he has looked like super athletic, and given hes only in his first year, he'll have heaps of improvement left in him athletically as his core etc gets stronger. Hes also a very nice kick, it always seems to spin well etc. But his leap, aerial ability and feel for the game seem very solid.

Addison is not in great form, and wasn't great last night but has played some good games this season. He needs a spell at W'bee to get his confidence back up.

Go_Dogs
15-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Agreed that Addison has played some good games and roles this year, I've been very impressed with his attack. He's probably played more games this year than most anticipated, so good on him and no reason why he can't press for selection again if his form at Werribee demands it.

Dry Rot
20-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Was ABC radio's Dog player of the night.

Interesting.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-07-2007, 12:59 AM
Was ABC radio's Dog player of the night.

Interesting.

I would agree.

He worked hard, ran the lines all night, kept his feet unlike most Bulldogs players, had good poise & skills plus finished with 2 very good goals.

Johnson was OK too, but yeah, I think Everitt was our best.'

Boyd got a lot of it but his disposal is woeful, he turns it over too much. West shouldn't of been out there.

Williams did some nice things too.

Dry Rot
21-07-2007, 01:12 AM
I would agree.

He worked hard, ran the lines all night, kept his feet unlike most Bulldogs players, had good poise & skills plus finished with 2 very good goals.

Johnson was OK too, but yeah, I think Everitt was our best.'

Boyd got a lot of it but his disposal is woeful, he turns it over too much. West shouldn't of been out there.

Williams did some nice things too.

Pretty rare to see 2 young talls in our best.

Wonder if Everitt will end up a forward?

The Bulldogs Bite
21-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Pretty rare to see 2 young talls in our best.

Wonder if Everitt will end up a forward?

All depends how much Everitt fills out.

It'll be an interesting career to follow. He's played pretty well in his first few games, and for a first year KPP, that's a good effort considering they take a while to develop.

I fear he may be another Hargrave/Wight type, in that he doesn't add too much bulk, but is very mobile. IF this is the case, it'd probably allow Hargrave to move to a wing or HF, meaning we play Harris at FB, Williams at CHB and Everitt as the 3rd defensive tall.

If he fills out, I think he'll either play at CHB or CHF, as he's good in traffic and doesn't get lost on the ground. He does have a nice leap on him and is agile, so perhaps CHF may favour him in 3 or so years time.

What do others think?

bulldogtragic
21-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Very excited for Andrejs. I have seen enough to have been on his bandwagon from pre-season. But i havent seen enough of his kicking for goal to form a strong opinion about moving forward. But his field kicking ix excellent and he has height, agility and speed. Murphy does it well. No reason Andrejs couldn't. I'd like to think we can move players around rotating Hargrave to the wing, Andrejs or Harris forward. Flexibility is the key and Andrejs has that, and lots of it.

Go_Dogs
21-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Was very impressed with him last night, as I was with Tommy Gun. A 3rd gamer getting BOG for us? That would have to be some sort of record. Well done to the Andrejs, terrific job mate.

bornadog
21-07-2007, 01:33 PM
I think both Everitt and Williams showed us a glimpse of the future, they still make alot of mistakes but that is natural for players that have both played less than ten games between them. Everitt's first goal last night, running down the wing and then kicking a long goal was spectacular.

LostDoggy
21-07-2007, 02:47 PM
He's played both games as an outside receiver and able to run. He'll start to come under closer scrutiny and won't be given the freedom of the last 2 games. What we've found out is that he has skills and potential but we knew that anyway because he was our first pick. Encouraging but a long way to go.

LostDoggy
21-07-2007, 02:55 PM
He's played both games as an outside receiver and able to run. He'll start to come under closer scrutiny and won't be given the freedom of the last 2 games. What we've found out is that he has skills and potential but we knew that anyway because he was our first pick. Encouraging but a long way to go.

I think you have nailed that perfectly. We should all be pleased with the way Everitt has progressed in the 2nds for the early part of the season and now 3 encouraging games in the seniors but the is still a big question mark on how he will perform when he starts being placed under increased scrutiny by opposition teams.

He is a brilliant mover, great kick and makes the right decisions but we shouldn't place to much hope on him just yet.