PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Griffen Injury

angelopetraglia
28-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Was at the ground. Did not see him do it. Hearing reports that it looked bad when he did it. He tried to shake it off, but then obviously put it on ice.

What are the reports?

Will he play next week?

Absolutely shocking for us. After Cooney went down, if there was one player that we could not afford to lose it was Griffen.

Throughandthrough
28-08-2010, 11:33 PM
looked bad on tv, knock to the knee.

Was in agony when he came off.

angelopetraglia
28-08-2010, 11:35 PM
looked bad on tv, knock to the knee.

Was in agony when he came off.

But then they let him come back on, so you would think it could not be structural as they would not take that chance in a nothing game. Hopefully just a knock and he comes up. Any official line from the club?

Throughandthrough
28-08-2010, 11:40 PM
got hurt again when he came back on; it was the second one i was talking about.

LostDoggy
29-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Listening to MMM on the way home they made mention of it and the the doc hinted that he's in doubt for next week, where Lake & Williams should def play with their concerns.

stefoid
29-08-2010, 12:10 AM
yeah. shit.

Remi Moses
29-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Take it with a massive grain of salt that Rocket inferred that Griffen would have come back on if it was a final.Vision of him after the game with no crutches or ice on the knee.
Fingers crossed

angelopetraglia
29-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Also saw the footage on the fifth quarter. He was limping, but didn't look that despondent and had no ice or crutches. Hopefully he comes up. But even if he does, you would doubt he is going to be 100%.

FlightoftheCallanWards
29-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Im bloody praying to be honest. Cannot afford to lose him! Looked very down when Higgins came down to the fence to ask him how he was. Just continued walking into the rooms. Hopefully Eade's words were true

dog town
29-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Just the way he was walking after the game suggested he will be playing to me. Williams will play but if his patella is shifting around as was suggested then it will be under severe duress. That will also have an impact on his agility and turning circle.

Jasper
29-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Early indication was Grif redamaged an area behind his patella which was not right after he dislocated the patella (kneecap) a couple of years ago. If he plays, it may be with the aid of a jab, think it was his left knee so hopefully his kicking won't go like Murphy's knee and kicking post jab in last couple of finals series.

ledge
29-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Just the way he was walking after the game suggested he will be playing to me. Williams will play but if his patella is shifting around as was suggested then it will be under severe duress. That will also have an impact on his agility and turning circle.

Williams has a turning circle?:D

Go_Dogs
29-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Just can't take a trick at the moment. Hopefully no structural damage, and he can get stuck into some rehab this week to see him through a few more games. A win against Collingwood and a week off to rest some bodies is needed.

Bumper Bulldogs
29-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Just can't take a trick at the moment. Hopefully no structural damage, and he can get stuck into some rehab this week to see him through a few more games. A win against Collingwood and a week off to rest some bodies is needed.

Yes I think he will need a super game against Cloke next week. They had his knee strapped with ice for approx 30 mins then removed that to let him walk around.

I must tell you all I felt sick with Griff off, Roughy off then Williams laying on the ground with a Knee. the good news was that Williams and Roughy did come back and play.

The Coon Dog
29-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Isn't it this time of year everyone injured is photographed in a hypobaric chamber?

ratsmac
29-08-2010, 11:23 PM

Thats all, easy. Who said this finals stuff is hard. Haha just kidding. I like your enthusiasm. Sorry I am very pessimistic at the moment, not only because of injuries but the form of even the fit players is concerning.

Bumper Bulldogs
30-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Did anyone get an update with good news on how Griff's pulled up?

I haven't heard anything on the news..... Looks like an omen we are flying under the radar again.

LostDoggy
30-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Read that the swelling is quite bad. Knee cap is fine. Might have to do surgery. Didn't say if surgery was to help it heal faster to cos it is worse then expected.

1eyedog
30-08-2010, 10:45 PM
I may well be wrong with this but it sounds like a jarred knee to me. These can take three weeks to recover from. I predict Griff will have a jab on wednesday if the swelling is still bad and then a pain relief jab on Saturday night to play. You really don't do additional structural damage with these injuries. The next step is hope we win and he gets two weeks to come good for the Prelim.

Can anyone please tell me whether Cooney is definately a non-starter even if we make he GF?

The Coon Dog
30-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Can anyone please tell me whether Cooney is definately a non-starter even if we make he GF?

Yup, if it was the season proper he'd be out for 10 weeks.

Go_Dogs
31-08-2010, 09:02 AM

This may have been covered elsewhere, but is it similar to Reiwoldt's injury?

Mofra
31-08-2010, 10:07 AM
This may have been covered elsewhere, but is it similar to Reiwoldt's injury?
Damage to the tendon for Cooney - much worse than just a tear of the muscle.

1eyedog
31-08-2010, 02:21 PM

Okay thanks

bornadog
31-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Still a 50/50 on Griffen.

soupman
31-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Damage to the tendon for Cooney - much worse than just a tear of the muscle.

Is this something which could become on going? As in a recurring injury?

jazzadogs
01-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Is this something which could become on going? As in a recurring injury?
Depends on the initial management. If they treat it properly, don't rush him, they should be able to heal the tendon to a point where the increase in risk would be extremely minimal at worst.

LostDoggy
02-09-2010, 11:06 PM
I would normally say did you hear the dribble Sam Newman said on the Footy Show tonight.

This time I hope and pray it is not dribble, he reckons we are pulling a fluffy with Ryan Griffen's injury and he actually trained at an oval away from preying eues and trained the house down.

Wouldn't it be great if there was some truth in it !

Knowing Sam's record our luck it is just BS !

Mofra
03-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Actually saw that just before going to bed. I had a shit day and figured I may as well end on a highlight :)

always right
03-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I would normally say did you hear the dribble Sam Newman said on the Footy Show tonight.

This time I hope and pray it is not dribble, he reckons we are pulling a fluffy with Ryan Griffen's injury and he actually trained at an oval away from preying eues and trained the house down.

Wouldn't it be great if there was some truth in it !

Knowing Sam's record our luck it is just BS !

"Drivel":) Then again...Sam is a senior citizen.

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 11:17 AM
He is listed to play anyway...so they would make a match up for him reagrdless.