PDA

View Full Version : VU Research on Finals Footy

Raw Toast
29-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Victoria Uni (where I work), has set up a weekly footy blog and the first post is by Rob Aughey, a physiologist who works with VU and the Bulldogs. He discusses research looking at just what the increased intensity of finals footy means in terms of the running of players.

See http://www.vu.edu.au/professor-football for more.

Be interesting to see how this plays out in our game against the Pies.

Twodogs
30-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Interesting stuff.

Reading it makes me think how much we are going to miss Cooney over the next month.

Raw Toast
30-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Interesting stuff.

Reading it makes me think how much we are going to miss Cooney over the next month.

Indeed. I wonder if training for repeat accelerations has been part of our sluggishness these past few weeks?

LostDoggy
30-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Indeed. I wonder if training for repeat accelerations has been part of our sluggishness these past few weeks?

I had kinda assumed that we had not done as much preparation for the finals as we would have liked because the bronchial virus a few weeks out from september put a massive spanner in the works?

Raw Toast
01-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I had kinda assumed that we had not done as much preparation for the finals as we would have liked because the bronchial virus a few weeks out from september put a massive spanner in the works?

I'm sure we've done some kind of preparation but I agree that it might have been limited and I'm nervous about the running ability of the Pies. They've looked the fittest team this year imo.

My blogs now up at the same place, for those of you that might be interested ;)