PDA

View Full Version : Young Hawk Travis Tuck treated for drug overdose

The Coon Dog
30-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Mark Buttler - Herald Sun - 30 August

HAWTHORN footballer Travis Tuck has been treated for a drug overdose after being found unconscious in the street.

Tuck – the son of Hawk legend Michael Tuck - was found by patrolling police in Berwick, at about midnight last Friday.

He was slumped in a vehicle parked in Lyall Rd.

Alarmed officers immediately called for an ambulance to help the stricken Tuck.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/young-hawk-travis-tuck-treated-for-drug-overdose/story-e6frf9jf-1225912060153)

LostDoggy
30-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Not good, hopefully the club can help him get his life in order.

AndrewP6
31-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Sad someone else has landed themselves in strife...this is down the road from my work - the place will be abuzz today.

bornadog
31-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Third strike and he is going to be out. Embarrassment for his famous father.

anfo27
31-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Third strike and he is going to be out. Embarrassment for his famous father.

I wouldn't have thought he has anything to be embarrassed about. he finds himself in a position that a lot of parents do and i would of thought he would be more concerned for the health of his child than being embarassed.

I would be embarassed if my son was Fevola or Aker.

AndrewP6
31-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't have thought he has anything to be embarrassed about. he finds himself in a position that a lot of parents do and i would of thought he would be more concerned for the health of his child than being embarassed.

Great point.

The Coon Dog
31-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Three drug strikes for Hawthorn's Travis Tuck

Michael Warner - Herald Sun - 31 August

THE AFL tribunal will sit tonight to decide a penalty for Hawthorn's Travis Tuck, the first AFL player to register a third positive drugs test.

Tuck, 23, was found unconscious in a car at midnight last Friday and treated by paramedics for a suspected drug overdose.

The incident constituted a third strike under the AFL's illicit drugs policy, which orders counselling for players after a first and second positive test.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/three-drug-strikes-for-hawthorns-travis-tuck/story-e6frf9jf-1225912456398)

comrade
31-08-2010, 07:34 PM
A Hawthorn player registers three strikes?

Shock horror.

Desipura
31-08-2010, 07:36 PM
A Hawthorn player registers three strikes?

Shock horror.
The other 2 players I am aware of have lets say a bit more ability than Travis.

GVGjr
31-08-2010, 10:15 PM
All, According to reports, Travis Tuck has been confirmed as a player that has reached the 3rd strike of the AFL's drug policy and this can be discussed as it is now a known fact.
Please do make make references to rumors of other players.

LostDoggy
31-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Any news on the hearing?

AndrewP6
31-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Any news on the hearing?

None yet. Watching Fox Sports, waiting on word to come through.

The Coon Dog
31-08-2010, 11:10 PM
12 week suspension, but can play VFL after 8 weeks. Suffering clinical depression.

AndrewP6
31-08-2010, 11:14 PM
12 week suspension, but can play VFL after 8 weeks. Suffering clinical depression.

Beat me to it! 5 grand fine too...

EDIT: Fine was wiped due to "special circumstances"

Hawks apparently angry that they only found out 48 hours ago that Tuck has been receiving medical treatment for his clinical depression. Amazed that this info wasn't known.

Or is it late and I misunderstood that?

GVGjr
01-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Hawks apparently angry that they only found out 48 hours ago that Tuck has been receiving medical treatment for his clinical depression. Amazed that this info wasn't known.

Or is it late and I misunderstood that?

That's my understanding of it. It's hard for Tucks employer to show a duty of care when they were kept in the dark until the last couple of days.

Go_Dogs
01-09-2010, 08:03 AM
^^^ Agree GVGjr.

I thought that Nathan Thompson thing brought more light to this issue, but it seems that the clubs and players still need to find better ways to work together. It's a tough one though, because I'm sure not getting selected etc can probably add to his depression.

It's a scary illness. Hopefully footy is the furthest thing from his mind and he and his family can concentrate of getting him better.

Bulldog Revolution
01-09-2010, 08:45 AM
That's my understanding of it. It's hard for Tucks employer to show a duty of care when they were kept in the dark until the last couple of days.

Do we fully believe that they knew nothing? and that this is a complete shock to them

But I do take your point, but Tucks medical confidentiality is his individual right, and its hard to sacrifice that because clubs have not always handled these issues or players well

Scraggers
02-09-2010, 12:03 PM

Whilst I feel for Travis and his family at this time, why did he only get half a season suspension; when Ben Cousins who received no (drug) strikes gets one year.

Apparently being found slumped over the steering wheel with drug paraphernalia next to you is not 'bring the game into disrepute' ??