PDA

View Full Version : Eade: Dogs no underdogs

Hotdog60
31-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Rodney Eade concedes the football world has all but written off his Western Bulldogs, but he doesn't regard his team's underdog status as a potential positive ahead their qualifying final at the MCG against minor premiers Collingwood.

With injury queries over several stars and coming of heavy losses to finals rivals Geelong and Sydney in the past three weeks, the Bulldogs are $4.00 rank outsiders for Saturday night's match.

Eade is perfectly entitled to argue that the world is against the Dogs, but it's a card he's reluctant to play.

MORE (http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/dogs-no-underdogs-97711)

AndrewP6
31-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Interesting he says the aim is to bring the ball in quickly " to Barry"... thought he may have mentioned that he's not the only one down there.

azabob
31-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Interesting he says the aim is to bring the ball in quickly " to Barry"... thought he may have mentioned that he's not the only one down there.

Not sure he needs to say anything else does he? He wouldn't exactly come out and say our plan is x.

AndrewP6
31-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Not sure he needs to say anything else does he? He wouldn't exactly come out and say our plan is x.

I was more thinking he might've mentioned that Baz isn't our only option.

chef
31-08-2010, 08:26 PM

If Presti's out he will be our best option(especially if N.Brown is on him), but only as long as the rest of the defenders are made accountable.

Cyberdoggie
31-08-2010, 10:02 PM

I don't think they want to tell everyone.

If we keep the focus on Barry it helps to keep the focus away from our young players, Grant and Jones.

Hotdog60
31-08-2010, 10:06 PM
The bit I found interesting was that Rocket said he wouldn't play anyone in the finals if they are not 100% fit.

We shall see.

Sockeye Salmon
31-08-2010, 10:46 PM
The bit I found interesting was that Rocket said he wouldn't play anyone in the finals if they are not 100% fit.

We shall see.

We will go in with half a dozen guys struggling for fitness - just like every other team in the finals. The judgement call is knowing when the niggles are a bit too much.

LostDoggy
31-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Will be an interesting inclusion to the outcome if the ground is wet and its raining.

Remi Moses
31-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Underdogs Overdogs who cares?

Desipura
01-09-2010, 09:54 AM
It was interesting. I immediately thought he said that so the opposition pay extra attention to Bazza and therefore less pressure on the remaining forwards.

Desipura
01-09-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't think they want to tell everyone.

If we keep the focus on Barry it helps to keep the focus away from our young players, Grant and Jones.
Sorry, I should have just pasted this ^^^^

mjp
01-09-2010, 11:17 AM

We shall see.

I thought it was a dig at Collingwood who have several key players - Presti, Didak - coming back in but still under a cloud.

comrade
01-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I thought it was a dig at Collingwood who have several key players - Presti, Didak - coming back in but still under a cloud.

If it was a dig, the fact that we'll probably play Lake, Griffen, Williams and possibly Johnno makes it pretty hilarious.