PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive Saints data stolen

Scraggers
01-09-2010, 01:49 AM
TOP-secret information about St Kilda's finals campaign has been stolen during a break-in at the club's headquarters.

Laptop computers containing sensitive data were swiped in the raid on the Saints' Moorabbin base on Sunday night.

Victoria Police last night confirmed it was investigating but refused to elaborate on the items stolen.

It's understood the thieves focused on the IT department, which housed computers and cameras used by football staff.

The timing of the burglary, just days out from the club's qualifying final with Geelong at the MCG on Friday night, has rattled the Saints.

St Kilda coach Ross Lyon is understood to be furious ... (read more) (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sensitive-saints-data-stolen/story-e6frf9jf-1225912531410)

Scraggers
01-09-2010, 01:53 AM
I've got inside information on this one ... appearantly the Saints plan to over-possess the ball and try not to score any goals, and the video camera had footage of Reiwoldt impersonating Kieran Perkins singing out "kick it to me ... kick it to me" :rolleyes:

ratsmac
01-09-2010, 09:13 AM
I've got inside information on this one ... appearantly the Saints plan to over-possess the ball and try not to score any goals, and the video camera had footage of Reiwoldt impersonating Kieran Perkins singing out "kick it to me ... kick it to me" :rolleyes:

Haha, My thoughts exactly. You forgot to mention to have Kosi wonder aimlessly around the forward line and occasionally knocking himself out. I could go on....

Twodogs
01-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks Scragger. Some of the comments are priceless!

Cyberdoggie
01-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I can't believe this to be true.

Any smart business would make sure that their assests have data encryption installed to protect sensitive data.

You don't even need to spend money to install the software, it comes with most laptops as a download option for basic encryption.

Remi Moses
01-09-2010, 01:13 PM

Apparently after viewing the sensitive information the thieves were arrested asleep on the laptops

AndrewP6
01-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I heard word that one computer labelled "Nick" contained hours of footage of Greg Louganis and Chantelle Newbery in action.

LostDoggy
01-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I heard word that one computer labelled "Nick" contained hours of footage of Greg Louganis and Chantelle Newbery in action.
I love it !

Desipura
02-09-2010, 09:16 AM
I heard a virus was caused when viewing some foootage of a "peak squeak".

Sedat
02-09-2010, 10:49 AM
St Kilda wouldn't want all that sensitive information on all the local high school hotties they will be targeting in the off-season getting into the wrong hands.

The Adelaide Connection
02-09-2010, 05:44 PM

Ross Lyon was most upset that details of Riewoldt's special finals training have been revealed:

AndrewP6
02-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Ross Lyon was most upset that details of Riewoldt's special finals training have been revealed:

I very rarely LOL, but this time I seriously laughed out loud. Great stuff.

LostDoggy
03-09-2010, 01:29 PM

Amongst others, this was very funny.