PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Suns Signings

soupman
01-09-2010, 11:17 AM
The first two signings for the new club have been made official.

Nathan Bock and Nathan Krakouer.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/101646/default.aspx

Scraggers
01-09-2010, 11:19 AM
No surprises there ... I suppose we have have to wait until after the finals to hear officially about the ones that matter

chef
06-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Another signing will be announced tomorrow at 11am.

Campbell Brown, come on down.

MrMahatma
06-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Any teams already had B&F nights?

divvydan
06-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Sandra Sully says it's Brown (http://twitter.com/sandra_sully) and well, who could possibly say no to her?

AndrewP6
06-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Any teams already had B&F nights?

Yep...

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8170&highlight=fairest

The Coon Dog
06-09-2010, 09:24 PM
It could be Campbell Brown (see Campbell Brown set to sign with Suns (http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/campbell-brown-set-to-sign-with-suns-20100906-14xtk.html))

or

It could be Michael Rischitelli (see Suns set to announce signing of Lion midfielder (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/suns-set-to-announce-signing-of-lion-midfielder-20100906-14xy4.html)).

Rocco Jones
06-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I think it will be Brown over Rischitelli for two reasons.

1- The Hawks have just been knocked out of the finals, so it makes sense for him to announce it now

2- Brennan is also on the GC radar and they might be weighing up which Lion to sign as a free agent.

Greystache
06-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Could be Brent Stanton, I know most Essendon fans hope it is. :D

Greystache
06-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Hutchy just announced on FC it's Rischitelli

AndrewP6
06-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Hutchy on Footy Classified just said the next announcement will be Rischitelli. Mentioned him being disgruntled after being offered up for trade.

EDIT": Beat me to it Greystache!

LostDoggy
07-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Hutchy's mail is usually spot on, so we will see at 11am.

I think he is one of the very few that believes Ablett isn't going anywhere, or that was his opinion 4-5 weeks ago last I heard, so that'll be interesting to see if his instincts are right.

The Coon Dog
07-09-2010, 11:14 AM
GOLD COAST SUNS SIGN RISCHITELLI (http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news-and-media/news/)

Bumper Bulldogs
07-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Hutchy's mail is usually spot on, so we will see at 11am.

I think he is one of the very few that believes Ablett isn't going anywhere

My mail is that Ablett's is going and that is why he broke up with his partner earlier on in the year. This has come from a good source.;)

LostDoggy
07-09-2010, 08:33 PM
My mail is that Ablett's is going and that is why he broke up with his partner earlier on in the year. This has come from a good source.;)

Ok....Im not saying he is staying I've always had my opinion firmly on that he's leaving. But he's now back with her..maybe he's going to stay for that reason?

Bumper Bulldogs
12-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Ok....Im not saying he is staying I've always had my opinion firmly on that he's leaving. But he's now back with her..maybe he's going to stay for that reason?
Time will tell, it's going to be interesting once the finals are done and dusted. it should be straight after the Geelong B&F.

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Time will tell, it's going to be interesting once the finals are done and dusted. it should be straight after the Geelong B&F.

Word ive heard is that Lauren won't go the GC. Doesn't mean he wont though..

bornadog
12-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Word ive heard is that Lauren won't go the GC. Doesn't mean he wont though..

Plenty of gorgeous girls up there and when you get $2 million for season one and $1.5 every year after, why wouldn't you go.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 03:15 PM
September 14, 2010

Hawthorn hard man Campbell Brown has turned down a new contract with the Hawks and will join fledgling AFL franchise Gold Coast Suns for the 2011 season.

The 2008 premiership star told the Hawks on Tuesday he would not be extending his current deal with the club.

Link (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27700446-23211,00.html)

bornadog
14-09-2010, 03:27 PM
September 14, 2010

Hawthorn hard man Campbell Brown has turned down a new contract with the Hawks and will join fledgling AFL franchise Gold Coast Suns for the 2011 season.

The 2008 premiership star told the Hawks on Tuesday he would not be extending his current deal with the club.

Link (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27700446-23211,00.html)

Suns To announce tomorrow at a press conference.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 03:33 PM
As far as i am aware, these are the confirmed players.

Nathan Bock, Nathan Krakouer, Michael Rischitelli, Karmichael Hunt, Campbell Brown, Daniel Harris, Daniel Stanley & David Swallow.

Obviously, there will be VFL players from this year included.

Bulldog Revolution
14-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Good contract for Campbell

Hawthorn clearly were not going to match anywhere near this type of deal for him

I think they rightly realise his powers are in decline

Bumper Bulldogs
18-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Have been told that the reason that Andrew Mackie from Geelong is not playing the last couple of weeks is that he has done a deal to move to Gold Coast next year.

bornadog
18-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Have been told that the reason that Andrew Mackie from Geelong is not playing the last couple of weeks is that he has done a deal to move to Gold Coast next year.

That was a rumour by a caller on SEN during the week. If true then Bomber Thompson is a fool.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-09-2010, 08:57 AM
That was a rumour by a caller on SEN during the week. If true then Bomber Thompson is a fool.

Yes cut your nose of .....

I wonder what Rocket would have done?

Mantis
18-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I wonder what Rocket would have done?

There is persistent rumours that Harbrow is off to the GC next year and he is still in our side, so I guess that answers your question.

Sockeye Salmon
18-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Cos GC would much rather prefer Mackie to Gary Ablett....

azabob
18-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Cos GC would much rather prefer Mackie to Gary Ablett....

SS don't let the facts get in a way of a good story, especially since this is the internet and all. ;)

chef
18-09-2010, 03:53 PM

Isn't he still in the first year of a four year contract?

He got dropped because he was playing like crap and with Taylor being in the same kind of form over the past month Bomber wanted Lonergan in the side as insurance. That's my take on it anyway.

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Was reading on another forum, about a press conference being called for 9am tomorrow.

Anyone hear this?

bornadog
19-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Was reading on another forum, about a press conference being called for 9am tomorrow.

Anyone hear this?

Time to change your user name

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 04:07 PM

I suggest CW14..might be too close to the b&w-reference though

jazzadogs
19-09-2010, 04:09 PM
LP42? Or LP10, LP06? CW06?

Maybe wait a while...

comrade
19-09-2010, 04:09 PM
I suggest CW14..might be too close to the b&w-reference though

What about JB32?

:D

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 04:30 PM
I already have a new user name picked out, if in fact he does go.

Desipura
19-09-2010, 05:40 PM
What about JB32?

:D
Are you back on him?

comrade
19-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Are you back on him?

No, I was being ironic.

GVGjr
19-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Are you back on him?

He's been dumped big time :)

soupman
20-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Add Harbrow to the list.

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 01:24 PM
I already have a new user name picked out, if in fact he does go.

Is there going to be a press conference at 2pm to announce your new nickname? ;)

Scraggers
21-09-2010, 07:58 PM
With the Dockers signing Mundy for four years and the Eagles signing Lynch for one year (both touted over here as going to GCS) who else is there to chase ???

IMO Ablett must be gone ... Can anyone else think of any names that have been brought up that have not declared their intentions or re-signed ??

EasternWest
23-09-2010, 02:18 PM
With the Dockers signing Mundy for four years and the Eagles signing Lynch for one year (both touted over here as going to GCS) who else is there to chase ???

IMO Ablett must be gone ... Can anyone else think of any names that have been brought up that have not declared their intentions or re-signed ??

I've thought for ages that Ablett is going, but now I'm not as sure. I'm stating the obvious of course, but my theory is he's waiting for their B&F to announce. If he's staying, he'll do it on the night to rapturous applause. Leaving, there's no way he'd do it that night.

Just my take.

Greystache
23-09-2010, 02:35 PM
I've thought for ages that Ablett is going, but now I'm not as sure. I'm stating the obvious of course, but my theory is he's waiting for their B&F to announce. If he's staying, he'll do it on the night to rapturous applause. Leaving, there's no way he'd do it that night.

Just my take.

A popular line of thought is he cherishes individual awards more than most and thinks if he announces he's leavng before their B&F is announced it might reduce his chances of winning it. Another theory is GC want to wait for the Titans to be eliminated from the NRL premiership race before announcing his signing for fear it will be lost among the Rugby League headlines.

Personally I think that latter is the key driver, it just happens to suit Ablett's own agenda being the former. Just my two cents worth.

EasternWest
23-09-2010, 03:05 PM
A popular line of thought is he cherishes individual awards more than most and thinks if he announces he's leavng before their B&F is announced it might reduce his chances of winning it. Another theory is GC want to wait for the Titans to be eliminated from the NRL premiership race before announcing his signing for fear it will be lost among the Rugby League headlines.

Personally I think that latter is the key driver, it just happens to suit Ablett's own agenda being the former. Just my two cents worth.

I can't agree with this. I think he's a very good team player. A self interested player wouldn't have bothered putting in the performance he did in that PF when they were being spanked.

Otherwise, your Titans statement might have some merit.

Greystache
23-09-2010, 03:10 PM
I can't agree with this. I think he's a very good team player. A self interested player wouldn't have bothered putting in the performance he did in that PF when they were being spanked.

I think he is very very concerned about his standing in the scheme of things, individual awards are a huge part of that, you could see he was nearly suicidal when he missed out on Brownlow votes in games he felt he should poll, and in the 2008 GF he only looked truly devasted when they announced the winner of the Norm Smith and it wasn't him. I take his game in the PF final as part of that, I think he would take great pride in the media talking about how outstanding he was (which he was) in a game where his team mates were poor.

1eyedog
23-09-2010, 03:14 PM

But this just adds to Ablett the brand? It's all about perspective and Ablett performing on that night could still be taken to mean....'look at me Gary Ablett, the best player in a team going down'.

Ablett has way too much pride in himself not to give his all, no matter who he is playing for, doesn't mean he is a team orientated player, he just never wants to look bad. I was told his father refusing to play in the Drouin senior grand final as a 16 year old because he couldn't start on a wing (pers comm. K. Adams Drouin police Officer at the time who's son was also playing in that game).

The Ablett's don't give a shieser about anyone but themselves. Junior is gone, I agree he is waiting to get the BF out of the way so he doesn't have to front his team mates. He is hopeless at confrontation, especially in regard to his peers but also in regard to public opinion.

Sockeye Salmon
23-09-2010, 03:37 PM
The AFL have carefully staged managed the Suns announcements all along.

There is no way they will release anything grand final week, they want maximum effect.

EasternWest
23-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I think he is very very concerned about his standing in the scheme of things, individual awards are a huge part of that, you could see he was nearly suicidal when he missed out on Brownlow votes in games he felt he should poll, and in the 2008 GF he only looked truly devasted when they announced the winner of the Norm Smith and it wasn't him. I take his game in the PF final as part of that, I think he would take great pride in the media talking about how outstanding he was (which he was) in a game where his team mates were poor.

Hmmm. I don't mind a person acknowledging that individual awards are important to them. As I said in another thread, I'd rather see Ablett be disappointed about missing out than seeing Chris Judd leaning back in his chair smirking like the cheshire cat.

I disagree on the PF. He did everything in his power to win. Even after a lot of his mates lay gown.

But this just adds to Ablett the brand? It's all about perspective and Ablett performing on that night could still be taken to mean....'look at me Gary Ablett, the best player in a team going down'.

Ablett has way too much pride in himself not to give his all, no matter who he is playing for, doesn't mean he is a team orientated player, he just never wants to look bad. I was told his father refusing to play in the Drouin senior grand final as a 16 year old because he couldn't start on a wing (pers comm. K. Adams Drouin police Officer at the time who's son was also playing in that game).

The Ablett's don't give a shieser about anyone but themselves. Junior is gone, I agree he is waiting to get the BF out of the way so he doesn't have to front his team mates. He is hopeless at confrontation, especially in regard to his peers but also in regard to public opinion.

I can't agree with you on that one. I don't believe Ablett plays without team goals at all. One example was a great piece of play in the third q of the PF when he took a few on and ran into fifty. He would have been perfectly entitled to take the shot, but he hit Steve Johnson with a beauty off the side of his boot.

Not sure what Ablett senior has to do with it. Not doubting your word, just that I don't see a correlation.

Still, we'll have to agree to disagree. Your entitled to your opinion, I just mostly disagree and vice versa. No sweat.

w3design
23-09-2010, 03:59 PM
One of the HUN journo's has called it for Garry

Can anyone else hear that? Think its champagne corks popping somewhere in south Queensland. They're celebrating something. 15 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/ClarkyHeraldSun/status/25281951214

Bulldog4life
23-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I think this is my first rumour ever....one of the poor unfortunates who don't have any contacts.:)
A personal friend of our family who works with Lauren Phillip's mother and is good friends with her as well told us earlier in the week that Gazza is definitely going. For what its worth I thought I'd pass it on.