PDA

View Full Version : GC 17 - Building a team from the backline?

GVGjr
01-09-2010, 09:44 PM
With Bock anchoring the CHB position and Krakouer and Harbrow providing the run from back line the pieces are starting to fill in nicely for the Gold Coast side. I know only 2 signings have been confirmed and I strongly suspect that Harbrow will go but it does highlight to me the importance of having a strong back six if a side is to become a good one. So far the GC side is well on track. I suppose we can also add Hunt to the defensive mix as well.

The Coon Dog
01-09-2010, 09:52 PM
And Campbell Brown.

LostDoggy
01-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Premiership teams are built around a solid backline, talk of Drummond moving also.....

Bock, Krakouer, Harbrow & Drummond is a pretty good start, interesting times ahead.

GVGjr
01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
And Campbell Brown.

If the rumors are correct another back man to the list.

Years back clubs filled the defensive positions with limited players but know they have to be able to run and provide some attacking flair.

comrade
01-09-2010, 10:05 PM
With Bock anchoring the CHB position and Krakouer and Harbrow providing the run from back line the pieces are starting to fill in nicely for the Gold Coast side.

A half back line of Krak, Bock and Harbrow is quite tasty. I know Clayton was all kinds of crazy over Krak in his draft year, so it seems he's assembling his own SuperCoach team up there.

GC will be very good, very quickly.

Pricks.

The Underdog
01-09-2010, 10:36 PM
A half back line of Krak, Bock and Harbrow is quite tasty. I know Clayton was all kinds of crazy over Krak in his draft year, so it seems he's assembling his own SuperCoach team up there.

GC will be very good, very quickly.

Pricks.

Maybe they can do a double header with Gold Coast United and play to 10,000.
They're going to blow more of the AFL's money in the next 2 year's than we have taken in the last 10.

Football wise they are going about it the right way though.

chef
02-09-2010, 06:24 AM
How's Coad been going at GC, is he a chance to fill the FB position?

Go_Dogs
02-09-2010, 08:09 AM
How's Coad been going at GC, is he a chance to fill the FB position?

From memory he suffered an injury at some stage in the piece this year. I think he's a good chance to play as a 3rd tall player perhaps in a similar style to Dale Morris.

Desipura
02-09-2010, 08:35 AM
You can have the strongest backline in the league, you still need a very good midfield that can rotate players thorugh there.
If they get Ablett, that will help but he needs a chop out from time to time. They need as many big bodies in the middle as they can get.
Then there are the forwards, other than Pavlich recently, not one forward has been mentioned that I am aware of.
It will take some time before they are a force, the average is 7 years before a new team wins their 1st premiership (Freo excluded). The Suns may do it in 5 years.

Mantis
02-09-2010, 08:46 AM
You can have the strongest backline in the league, you still need a very good midfield that can rotate players thorugh there.
If they get Ablett, that will help but he needs a chop out from time to time. They need as many big bodies in the middle as they can get.Then there are the forwards, other than Pavlich recently, not one forward has been mentioned that I am aware of.
It will take some time before they are a force, the average is 7 years before a new team wins their 1st premiership (Freo excluded). The Suns may do it in 5 years.

Harris will help as will Rischitelli (if if he signs), David Swallow already has an AFL ready body.

Add 1 or 2 more to the group and they are looking at an AFL standard midfield.

Scraggers
02-09-2010, 12:25 PM
If they get Ablett, that will help but he needs a chop out from time to time. They need as many big bodies in the middle as they can get.
Then there are the forwards, other than Pavlich recently, not one forward has been mentioned that I am aware of.

The gossip I here is he will sign with GC when Nathan is also offered a contract
(please note ... I highllighted gossip as I don't trust the source, but thought it was worth mentioning none the less)

jazzadogs
02-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Harris will help as will Rischitelli (if if he signs), David Swallow already has an AFL ready body.

Harbrow could be reasonably expected to move into the midfield as well.

LostDoggy
02-09-2010, 03:17 PM

David Swallow will win the rising star next season if he stays free from injury (IMHO) have watched him a couple of times this year and he just knocks up with the footy...and for a midfielder he knows how to find the goals...he plays a little bit like that bloke from Geelong everyone talks about all the time , i think his name is Ablett?::D:D