HB: Robert Murphy, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Ryan Griffen, Matthew Boyd, Liam Picken
HF: Jarrad Grant, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Daniel Giansiracusa, Barry Hall, Shaun Higgins
Foll: Ben Hudson, Daniel Cross, Callan Ward
I/C: Dylan Addison, Nathan Eagleton, Will Minson, Easton Wood

Emergencies: Tim Callan, Andrew Hooper, Brodie Moles

In: W.Minson , S.Higgins , E.Wood , B.Johnson
Out: B.Moles (omitted), A.Everitt (omitted), J.Roughead (shoulder), L.Jones (omitted)

jazzadogs
02-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Can't believe Johnno is in. Fairly confident it's not a positive move, but I love and revere him and hope that he proves me wrong.

Griffen a late out to be replaced by Moles, Johnson a late out to be replaced by Hooper?

The Coon Dog
02-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Interesting that of the 3 omissions, only Brodie Moles was named as an emergency.

angelopetraglia
02-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Very interesting indeed. Possible Tim Callan straight in for final from no where again? His toughness and commitment would be important on a wet and windy night.

Willy watchers, how has Tim Callan's form been?

LostDoggy
Our forward line looks slow, god I hope it rains. Can't blame Skinny if he packs his bags at the end of the season.

Mantis
Interesting that of the 3 omissions, only Brodie Moles was named as an emergency.

Would that have anything to do with the fact that the other 2 probably won't be suited by the wet/poor conditions?

dogman
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM

I think based on the wet conditions, the other 2 weren't suited. That's why we have Hooper, Callan and Moles as the emergency's.

bornadog
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Collingwood

B: Nick Maxwell, Nathan Brown, Alan Toovey
HB: Harry O'Brien, Ben Reid, Heath Shaw
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Dane Swan, Ben Johnson
HF: Alan Didak, Travis Cloke, Luke Ball
F: Dayne Beams, Chris Dawes, Steele Sidebottom
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
I/C: Jarryd Blair, Leon Davis, Brent Macaffer, Leigh Brown
Emg: Josh Fraser, Paul Medhurst, Tyson Goldsack

In: Johnson, Brown, Didak
Out: Josh Fraser, Tyson Goldsack, John McCarthy

No Presti

Sockeye Salmon
02-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Very interesting indeed. Possible Tim Callan straight in for final from no where again? His toughness and commitment would be important on a wet and windy night.

He was very good last week until Matthew Panos tried to move Tim's nose about 3 inches to the left.

bornadog
02-09-2010, 06:15 PM

Goes to ground too easily, I hope he doesn't play.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Goes to ground too easily, I hope he doesn't play.

This.

He'd spend more time on the ground in wet conditions.

Remi Moses
02-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Come someone send rocket the forecast for Sat. Night.
Way to top heavy!!

jazzadogs
02-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Come someone send rocket the forecast for Sat. Night.
Way to top heavy!!

They just dropped 3 talls and a small for 1 tall and 3 smalls/mediums.

Minson out for someone late?

dogman
02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Just looking at both line ups, I think as individuals we have a far more superior team. Even without Cooney and Morris out, we look to have a more potent and experienced team. Only if all these individuals could click, and play like a great team. Playing as a team is what Collingwood is great at.

The Coon Dog
02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Would that have anything to do with the fact that the other 2 probably won't be suited by the wet/poor conditions?

For sure, but I suppose I was surprised a bit that Everitt wasn't named as an emergency, particularly if we decide to take Minson out & go with just the one ruckman.

dogman
02-09-2010, 06:32 PM

After we got flogged by sydney in the clearances, I don't think Eade will play with only I Ruckman. With Williams playing on Cloke, he wont have the flexiblity.

SlimPickens
02-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Don't think Johnno will play which makes selection interesting. Out of the 3 em, you would think Hooper is the most likely.

Hopefully Griffen gets up but if not Moles will come in for him.

jazzadogs
02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
After we got flogged by sydney in the clearances, I don't think Eade will play with only I Ruckman. With Williams playing on Cloke, he wont have the flexiblity.
I agree, I just didn't understand how Remi thought we were top heavy, and was offering that as an option for him.

I would have thought, like TCD above, that Everitt would have been named emergency in case Minno is a late exclusion, as he (Everitt) can offer more around the ground.

LostDoggy
02-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Moles been one of our best in the wet this year? Granted we haven't played a lot of wet games, but still he's a great low level player.

bornadog
02-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Moles been one of our best in the wet this year? Granted we haven't played a lot of wet games, but still he's a great low level player.

He struggles to get possessions for a midfielder, average is around 15 per game.

Axe Man
02-09-2010, 06:48 PM

Amazing that in what would be just his 19th game for the club he could play in his 6th final!!!

LostDoggy
02-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Our forward line is way to slow.

angelopetraglia
02-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Amazing that in what would be just his 19th game for the club he could play in his 6th final!!!

His name is now Tim "Clark Keating" Callan.

bornadog
02-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Our forward line is way to slow.

I doubt Hahn will play forward, last week he played back with Harbrow up the ground.

GVGjr
02-09-2010, 07:06 PM

Picked for the conditions

GVGjr
02-09-2010, 07:08 PM

Quite good. Been copping a few knocks but bouncing back

ReLoad
02-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Well, to be honest this is the best team on paper we can field given our injuries.

realistically the dropping of talls is a good idea given the weather thats predicted, and lets hope were smart enough to play some serious direct football and let the wobblers dribble around the wings.

LostDoggy
02-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Hahn just struggles...

Jasper
02-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Well they were the changes I predicted. Can't say I am excited about Hahn and Eagle's presence, hope they can surprise me, and realistically the cupboard is bare. Would assume that Moles would come in for Griffen if he can't come up. Looks like Minson will play with no tall in the emergencies, makes sense given Williams is carrying and needs to follow Cloke. Gotta think Minno and Huddo have to absolutely smash Jolly, you'd reckon Jolly's nose is a bit sore...;-)

Go_Dogs
02-09-2010, 09:29 PM
For sure, but I suppose I was surprised a bit that Everitt wasn't named as an emergency, particularly if we decide to take Minson out & go with just the one ruckman.

I'd agree with that.

Having Everitt as emergency would just give us some more flexibility. Especially with Williams under a bit of a cloud with his patella it would be good to have seen Everitt retain his place in my view, or at least be named as an emergency. Seems he'll be moving on at years end from this point...

Besides that, fairly happy with the selections. Roughead's shoulder is too much of a liability in finals for mine, and Minson has been doing what he had to at the level below. Wood is a good inclusion for some more run and makes up for Moles going out.

Higgins and Johnson in should give us some more potency in the forward half which we'll need because goals are likely to be at a premium especially if the weather is poo.

Remi Moses
03-09-2010, 12:31 AM

Just think with the expected deluge that we'd go in with the one recognized and a swingman (Everitt?)Must TACKLE and get that contested footy back in our game to stand any chance.

Come On Dogs!!!

Chicago1
03-09-2010, 04:17 AM
So... should I be lighting this for tomorrow night?

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/westernbulldogs1/springrain.jpg :D

I'm leaving for Kansas City a few hours after the match to ride roller coasters. Hopefully it will be a happy 850km drive.

gohardorgohome
03-09-2010, 07:49 AM
My pediction is that Hahn will go well if it is wet. Stronger bodies generally have the advantages when the ball is on the ground.

Desipura
03-09-2010, 09:44 AM
This^^^^^^. If Minson does not play, I expect Hooper to play. Hudson will have to carry the load all by himself.

LostDoggy
03-09-2010, 10:06 AM
This^^^^^^. If Minson does not play, I expect Hooper to play. Hudson will have to carry the load all by himself.

Hudson cannot ruck on his own all night, particuarly in the wet. He averages 65% game time and to extend that to 100% is not on, given his build and fitness level.

Desipura
03-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Hudson cannot ruck on his own all night, particuarly in the wet. He averages 65% game time and to extend that to 100% is not on, given his build and fitness level.

Yes he can and has in the past. IMHO Minson and Huddo combo is too top heavy if it is pissing down.

bornadog
03-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Yes he can and has in the past. IMHO Minson and Huddo combo is too top heavy if it is pissing down.

Don't agree Desi, can't do it with one ruckman. If Everitt was in he could do some relief work, but its not going to work with just Huddo.

comrade
03-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Don't agree Desi, can't do it with one ruckman. If Everitt was in he could do some relief work, but its not going to work with just Huddo.

We'd be forced to use Williams for a chop out. We know how well that didn't work against Sydney.

Minson has to play now that Everitt has had a line put through him.

Desipura
03-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Bornadog, you may be right re Minson, he did kick 4 goals against the pies off the top of my head.
Also gives Huddo a chop out.

Mofra
03-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Just think with the expected deluge that we'd go in with the one recognized and a swingman (Everitt?)Must TACKLE and get that contested footy back in our game to stand any chance.
I agree on the need for a swingman, I get the feeling Hahn will play mostly back and Lake will pop forward at stages.
We have Murphy as a plan B, I suspect Harbrow will run through the middle to give us a bit of the leg power that we will need.

I have to admit I'm very surprised that Callan and Hooper would be named as emergencies, ahead of Everitt.

Hotdog60
03-09-2010, 11:49 AM
If Will is drop and we go into the game with one ruck, who is the wobbles 2nd ruck option?

Desipura
03-09-2010, 11:49 AM
If Will is drop and we go into the game with one ruck, who is the wobbles 2nd ruck option?
Leeroy Brown, thats when Williams could ruck

Hotdog60
03-09-2010, 12:04 PM

What if Mitch follows Brown into the ruck, Mitch gives away 5cm, but has the great average of 0.3 hit outs a year and Brown 1.7. This gets back to people thinking Mitch has little purpose either forward or back now days and it will be wet and the stronger body of Mitch might help contest. Tommy is taller than Brown so that would be the advantage.

1eyedog
03-09-2010, 12:22 PM

Who would play on Cloke? Lake? Then Hahn to Dawes in the goal square?

1eyedog
03-09-2010, 12:24 PM

What's more concerning to me is Williams having to give a chop out to the Huddo, we are terribly exposed in the back half as it is, even if it's in the slop. Sorry, not sure how to group posts.

LostDoggy
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I think we should leave Will in, we have already downsized with Jones and Everitt. My only change would be Hooper for Johnno.

always right
03-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Mitch Hahn would be thinking that the forecast conditions have been sent down from above....literally.

Mitcha
03-09-2010, 02:38 PM
My feeling is that if any or either of Wood, Johnson or Griffen fail to get thru training today Everitt will come into the squad of 25. Then Saturday if conditions are as bad as expected I would think that Everitt then comes into the final 22 to give us a bit more flexability and to help in the ruck if Minno is the one to miss out.

comrade
03-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Mitch Hahn would be thinking that the forecast conditions have been sent down from above....literally.

He would have played anyway.

LostDoggy
03-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Take this for what its worth..

Mark Stevens on Twitter
(SteveoHeraldsun)
One out: Very strong mail that there will be one late change at Dogs. Just a matter of who

Johnno? Griff? :confused:

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
I reckon Johno, i don't think he is anywhere near ready to go.

ReLoad
04-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Ok, its time to call in the short term memory loss police.

Question: What did we learn about the loss against the swans?
Answer: We cannot go in with 1 ruckman. and that Williams (who gave away 4 free kick ruck infringements) is NOT a ruck option.

So please get over it.

As for the late out, I reckon ist Johnno, and the weather wont help him much either, so id suggest in comes Moles.

Mantis
04-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I reckon Johno, i don't think he is anywhere near ready to go.

Is this based on anything other than a gut feel?

angelopetraglia
04-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Twitter update:

StevoHeraldSun

One and only: Bank on Dogs making one late change. Mail getting hotter. Will Pies bring in a small for tall?

comrade
04-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Minno? Surely not, with Everitt not named.

azabob
04-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Minno? Surely not, with Everitt not named.

Perhaps we are going to cop the fine? Wood, Griffen, Williams and Johnson are all under injury clouds could be anyone of those?
Perhaps they think Williams is a better ruck option than Everitt?

comrade
04-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Perhaps they think Williams is a better ruck option than Everitt?

He might be in pure rucking terms, but we're already down a key defender (Morris) and we need Williams to mind Cloke - all night.

It didn't work against Sydney, so I can't see it working against Collingwood.

If there is a late out, I hope it's Johnno. I think he'll really struggle with the conditions tonight.

jazzadogs
04-09-2010, 02:56 PM
I love Johnno, but I don't want him to play. He has not been able to put in a full game for this entire year, and the conditions will make it even harder for him.

Hooper in for Johnno would make me happy. I haven't seen Hoops play, but if he can live up to reports of defensive pressure, good hands and good goal sense, then he's going to offer more than Johnno could.

As I said in an earlier post, I would love it if Johnno played and proved me wrong, but I think that the odds are low. This is all a gut feel, but I can't see how he's going to miraculously recover from something which has affected him all season.

azabob
04-09-2010, 03:09 PM
He might be in pure rucking terms, but we're already down a key defender (Morris) and we need Williams to mind Cloke - all night.

It didn't work against Sydney, so I can't see it working against Collingwood.

If there is a late out, I hope it's Johnno. I think he'll really struggle with the conditions tonight.

Totally agree with you. Completly throws out our defence.

Also hope it's Johnson, if it is him who do you want to come in?

I think moles will come in.

comrade
04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Also hope it's Johnson, if it is him who do you want to come in?

Moles or Hooper. Probably Hooper, though it's very unlikely.

bornadog
04-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Twitter update:

StevoHeraldSun

One and only: Bank on Dogs making one late change. Mail getting hotter. Will Pies bring in a small for tall?

I predict Medhurst in.