PDA

View Full Version : Interesting spin

LostDoggy
03-09-2010, 11:48 PM
After tonights match where StKilda won, this leaves "the other half" a little perplexed. The winner of the Dogs v Coll game will almost certain meet Geelong in a Prelim. Where the looser has a real chance of heading through the saints to a Granny. Not writing off StKilda but I would rather play them in a prelim than Geelong. Any thoughts???

LostDoggy
03-09-2010, 11:55 PM
After tonights match where StKilda won, this leaves "the other half" a little perplexed. The winner of the Dogs v Coll game will almost certain meet Geelong in a Prelim. Where the looser has a real chance of heading through the saints to a Granny. Not writing off StKilda but I would rather play them in a prelim than Geelong. Any thoughts???

Agreed. Cats will be hungry to play another Granny, so I'd rather play saints than the Cats in the Preliminary.

LostDoggy
03-09-2010, 11:56 PM
St Kilda are a very good team, it seemed as though many had written them off. They made the Grand Final last season, i wouldn't want to face them in a prelim, especially with how well Riewoldt is playing.

It all depends on how we turn up on the night, i feel if we give everything & are on song, then we can match it with anyone.

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Again, I don't want to bash on the Saints cause they are a great side, all I'm getting at is the Saints side of the bracket would be the easier path IMO.

ReLoad
04-09-2010, 12:12 AM
What really showed up tonight was how wet footy will affect our game.

Geelong really snapped and woke up when the rain came and lucky for them, Saint kilda's talls totally domainted up until that point.

So i'd suggest that we realistically need to sit on top of the wobbles midgets more than ever now, Davis and Didak are they keys now, if we can keep them to a goal each we will go a long way towards winning.

Its also is going to show that fancy handballs are nothing, so we need to be kicking to leading players, and no cute stuff. Direct down the corridoor footbal will let us win.

On a more important note, thank god we are sitting undercover.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-09-2010, 12:22 AM
I'd rather play St. Kilda in a prelim over the other two.

Still - I hope we beat Collingwood tomorrow night.

Bumper Bulldogs
04-09-2010, 08:16 AM
It doesn't matter who you play we should be able to beat anybody to win. i think this is what is wrong with this club at times we look to see who and what is the easier road. you don't think Geelong sit back and say if so and so lose that's good for us, we would rather play so and so.

It's about time we get some spine and just look forward to the challenge and getting top a Grand final.

Bulldog Joe
04-09-2010, 09:03 AM
After the St Kilda win I would rather play Geelong in a Prelim.

That would mean we have had a week off after beating Collingwood.

I want a flag and that means we probably need to beat all three in September.

FlightoftheCallanWards
04-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Plus if we can win tonight, whose to say Hawthorn will not get up against Geelong next week. The week off will be vital so my preference would be:

Hawks>>>Cats>Saints

All hypothetical though and Im just worried about tonight.

Desipura
04-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Cats will be knackered after playing the Saints then qiuet possibly the Hawks (a tough game if it goes this way) then has to front up again in a prliminary final. I'd rather play the cats in a prelim.

Mofra
04-09-2010, 11:16 AM
I think the week off is more important. We have a few niggles which will be helped by an extra week of rest.

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Play who ever. Last year we all wanted to play Geelong in the first QF. Lets just play the game and win! Not matter who the opposition

Raw Toast
04-09-2010, 11:23 AM
I think the week off is more important. We have a few niggles which will be helped by an extra week of rest.

This. If ever a team was going to benefit from the week off, surely it would be us!

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 12:21 PM
It doesn't matter who you play we should be able to beat anybody to win. i think this is what is wrong with this club at times we look to see who and what is the easier road. you don't think Geelong sit back and say if so and so lose that's good for us, we would rather play so and so.

It's about time we get some spine and just look forward to the challenge and getting top a Grand final.

Yea Id be all for the cliches and sticking my chest out saying bring it on to any team if we had a full team. But the facts are we dont and with our key injuries we are going to need every bit of luck we can get, so if that means we have to dodge teams to get there then so be it. The Hawks result will decide for me what I hope to happen tonight. If the Hawks win I will gladly wish for a win tonight and have a week off, then watch them smack each other to death and wait for whoever is left. Even if it was Geelong after two massive weeks they would be at their weakest in the Prelim and beatable, and the Hawks we can beat. But if the Dockers win then I do not want Geelong in a Prelim period!

Although it would be Fooloish to think beating the Swans would be a Gimme, we could and should win. Therfore Getting my wish and playing the Saints in a Prelim. Yes they looked good but out of the top three its our best chance.

I prayed for three things at the start of the week.

1. Saints win
2. Rain and lots of it
3. Im saving that for the Prelim

Our stars are aligning Bulldogs! :D

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Yea Id be all for the cliches and sticking my chest out saying bring it on to any team if we had a full team. But the facts are we dont and with our key injuries we are going to need every bit of luck we can get, so if that means we have to dodge teams to get there then so be it. The Hawks result will decide for me what I hope to happen tonight. If the Hawks win I will gladly wish for a win tonight and have a week off, then watch them smack each other to death and wait for whoever is left. Even if it was Geelong after two massive weeks they would be at their weakest in the Prelim and beatable, and the Hawks we can beat. But if the Dockers win then I do not want Geelong in a Prelim period!

Although it would be Fooloish to think beating the Swans would be a Gimme, we could and should win. Therfore Getting my wish and playing the Saints in a Prelim. Yes they looked good but out of the top three its our best chance.

I prayed for three things at the start of the week.

1. Saints win
2. Rain and lots of it
3. Im saving that for the Prelim

Our stars are aligning Bulldogs! :D

Thats what my head says, but when that ball is bounced and the games on the line Ill be cheering louder than anyone regardless of other results if there is 40 seconds to go and we are streaming down the middle ill be blowing the stands roof off!!!!!!!!! :D:D

craigsahibee
04-09-2010, 12:58 PM

Well said.

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 01:48 PM

Why single out just our club? Every other club and every opposition supporter would be doing the same in our position! (that rhymed and I didn't intend to do it ;) )

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Well it won't be the AFLs Coll v Geelong GF.
I'm tipping a StKilda v Geelong rematch.