PDA

View Full Version : Finals Week 1

The Coon Dog
03-09-2010, 11:18 PM
I must say I was surprised that St.Kilda defeated Geelong tonight.

Reiwoldt was awesome early, gee he works hard. Milne showed that he must be watched all the time. A 5 minute lapse in the 2nd quarter by Josh Hunt & 3 goals later...

The AFL would now be thinking that their 'dream Grand Final' of Geelong & Collingwood is now in jeopardy.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-09-2010, 11:19 PM
The AFL would now be thinking that their 'dream Grand Final' of Geelong & Collingwood is now in jeopardy.

I absolutely love this, too.

Tired of hearing every Cat/Pie fan talk about facing one another in the Grand Final. As though nothing could stop either one of them.

Nothing better - aside from a Bulldogs win!

The Underdog
03-09-2010, 11:29 PM
I absolutely love this, too.

Tired of hearing every Cat/Pie fan talk about facing one another in the Grand Final. As though nothing could stop either one of them.

Nothing better - aside from a Bulldogs win!

I don't know. I can't think of too many things worse than a Pies-Saints GF, apart from Pies-Blues, but that won't happen.

AndrewP6
03-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Absolutely spewing... can't stand the Saints... not a massive fan of the Pussies, but hate the Aints.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-09-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't know. I can't think of too many things worse than a Pies-Saints GF, apart from Pies-Blues, but that won't happen.

Living down Geelong way makes my hatred for that club beyond comprehension.

I have no doubt they've got the dumbest, cockiest supporters of all time. Absolutely fantastic to see them whinge and moan about that free! ;)

The Underdog
03-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Living down Geelong way makes my hatred for that club beyond comprehension.

I have no doubt they've got the dumbest, cockiest supporters of all time. Absolutely fantastic to see them whinge and moan about that free! ;)

I don't know. I don't want to find out what Saints supporters are like if they win a GF. On the plus side, you know Pies supporters are the same, win or lose. They always think they're the best regardless of result.

Remi Moses
03-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Can't stop laughing at Stkilda fans crying up a river over Milne copping abuse.
This the club with the "Animal Enclosure"
What's the deal with Kosi?Starts like a house on fire then doesn't touch it!Personally still think the Cats can get through,they'll have the worry beads that Hawthorn don't win. Freo at Etihad ouch!

bornadog
03-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Can't stop laughing at Stkilda fans crying up a river over Milne copping abuse.
This the club with the "Animal Enclosure"
What's the deal with Kosi?Starts like a house on fire then doesn't touch it!Personally still think the Cats can get through,they'll have the worry beads that Hawthorn don't win. Freo at Etihad ouch!

The cats won't get through because they are now on our side of the draw.

Remi Moses
04-09-2010, 01:02 AM

Love your optimism
Just hope you're right

Remi Moses
04-09-2010, 01:04 AM
I don't know. I don't want to find out what Saints supporters are like if they win a GF. On the plus side, you know Pies supporters are the same, win or lose. They always think they're the best regardless of result.

They'll just become another club who
Have won more flags than us:(

Sedat
04-09-2010, 09:21 AM

A fair bit has happened since we last beat the Cats in a final. The Vietnam War came and went. JFK was assassinated by someone sitting on the grassy knoll. Man first laanded on the moon. Love your glass half full approach BAD :)

Saints were manic in their intensity in the first 2.5 quarters and should have been 50 points up . Then they gassed up big time. Lucky to hold on in the end.

Mantis
04-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Saints were manic in their intensity in the first 2.5 quarters and should have been 50 points up . Then they gassed up big time. Lucky to hold on in the end.

Geelong kicking 1.7 in the last qtr helped St.Kilda's cause.

At about the 20min mark in the last qtr the I50's were 15-1 in Geelong's favour. Geelong did everything right in the last qtr, except kick straight.

comrade
04-09-2010, 09:41 AM

At about the 20min mark in the last qtr the I50's were 15-1 in Geelong's favour. Geelong did everything right in the last qtr, except kick straight.

Just rams home the importance of taking your chances.

Sedat
04-09-2010, 09:44 AM

Very true. They were in sight of the finish line and staggered to it big time. Having said that, they missed 6-7 sodas in Q2 and Q3 to put it well and truly to bed. Cats looked awfully slow before the rains came.

Mantis
04-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Very true. They were in sight of the finish line and staggered to it big time. Having said that, they missed 6-7 sodas in Q2 and Q3 to put it well and truly to bed. Cats looked awfully slow before the rains came.

They certainly did.

Against us in rd 20 they looked super quick, but in the first 2 & 1/2 qtrs last night it looked like they were playing in concrete boots. Just shows how important defensive intensity is as St.Kilda's was awesome thru this period.

DOG GOD
04-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Who would the pies and dogs rather play in a pre-lim...saints or cats?

Any chance the game could be thrown tonight knowing the WINNER goes to Geelongs side of the draw? :)

Sockeye Salmon
04-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Just rams home the importance of taking your chances.

When Geelong do it the didn't 'take their chances'.

When we do it, we're mentally soft.

azabob
04-09-2010, 11:36 AM

I hear what you are saying, and I tend to agree.

Do people say that because Geelong have won the thing twice and we haven't?

Its always going to be the monkey on the back till we do it.

Flamethrower
04-09-2010, 12:06 PM
They certainly did.

Against us in rd 20 they looked super quick, but in the first 2 & 1/2 qtrs last night it looked like they were playing in concrete boots. Just shows how important defensive intensity is as St.Kilda's was awesome thru this period.

It just proves that there was something seriously wrong with us physically that night.

I was not surprised that St Kilda won. The one sided odds of the 4 games are ridiculous. Finals are even money affairs, especially between top 4 teams who have had nothing to play for for the past month.

Topdog
04-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Freo look on today. Up by 3 goals early.

KT31
04-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Freo look on today. Up by 3 goals early.

Saying Sandilands possible cruciate injury.

KT31
04-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Saying Sandilands possible cruciate injury.

Back on ground, bit of straping but just took a mark and and looks OK.

KT31
04-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Rioli hammy.

KT31
04-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Rioli hammy.

Down to the rooms and not good.
Xavier Ellis now very proppy and badly limping.

comrade
04-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Weren't we all meant to fear the dangerous Hawks? 1 goal in a half of footy?

KT31
04-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Does this vindicate Mark Harvey's desision, last time they played the Hawks, to rest his stars players ?

DOG GOD
04-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Couldnt believe hawks started as out and out favourites. I thought this was an easy game to predict. Maybe the bookies were fooled by the Hawks 100+ demolition against a WAFL 22 :)

Game over!!!

And watch the Dockers get killed next week against an angry cat line-up.

Hotdog60
04-09-2010, 05:24 PM
I maybe bias, but I think Skipper has been the better of the 2 ruckmen for the Hawks. I wonder if he'll get a elevation next year.

Dry Rot
04-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Does this vindicate Mark Harvey's desision, last time they played the Hawks, to rest his stars players ?

May vindicate it next week too.

Can Freo beat the tired looking Cats?

Remi Moses
04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Probably a reflection on the poor Hawks ruck division with Silvagni doing some ruck work.
Hawthorn surprisingly didn't come out all gunsblazing and the game just turned into a normal home and away match. Mundy was excellent,the media get it wrong again with Hawthorn being the dangerous sleeper!:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
06-09-2010, 12:27 PM

That's their archilles heel though, and they definitely have some guys who go soft at the head from set shots -- cost them a GF a couple of years ago. They're just lucky that they're good enough to usually manufacture enough shots to make up for that fallibility.

Mantis
07-09-2010, 08:59 AM
That's their archilles heel though, and they definitely have some guys who go soft at the head from set shots -- cost them a GF a couple of years ago. They're just lucky that they're good enough to usually manufacture enough shots to make up for that fallibility.

Who other than Cam Mooney do you categorise into this group?

chef
07-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Who other than Cam Mooney do you categorise into this group?

Tom Hawkins, but it's probably more down technique than being soft in the head.

Mantis
07-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Tom Hawkins, but it's probably more down technique than being soft in the head.

Tom Hawkins didn't play in the '08 GF.

chef
07-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Tom Hawkins didn't play in the '08 GF.

Fair enough, I should have read the whole quote and not just the highlighted bit:o.

Lonergan and Ottens missed some easy goals that day, but of their score that day(11.23) 11 of those behinds were rushed. So there goal kicking wasn't as bad as made out by the media.