PDA

View Full Version : "You just lost us the game"

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm still smiling to myself after hearing Mooney blab this out last night. What the umpire should have said was "No Cameron, You just lost the game!". I'm interested to hear from anyone out there who thinks the cats were hard done by?? And state your argument.

The Coon Dog
04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Was a clear in the back, umpire was right.

1eyedog
04-09-2010, 12:29 PM
No case to answer, paid 95% of the time, although the other 5% that is not paid is usually in the last quarter with a couple of minutes on the clock.

comrade
04-09-2010, 12:33 PM
No case to answer, paid 95% of the time, although the other 5% that is not paid is usually in the last quarter with a couple of minutes on the clock.

Yeah, in that respect it was a tad stiff, but was definitely in the back.

LOL at Mooney blaming the umpire after he missed so many shots and then infringed on Gwilt.

Flamethrower
04-09-2010, 12:49 PM
I didn't see it but apparently Mooney had another go at the umpires after the final siren and is in trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended considering his terrible record.

DOG GOD
04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Totally in the back. Unfortunate for the Cats but it was certainly there, and Mooney was only going off coz he knew it too.

mighty_west
04-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I didn't see it but apparently Mooney had another go at the umpires after the final siren and is in trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended considering his terrible record.

If he had a go at the umps after the game he might be in a bit of strife, but his comments at the time should only have been a 50 metre penalty.

Desipura
04-09-2010, 01:03 PM
If it was a home and away, there was a fair chance that the umpries would have paid a 50 metre penalty. Mooney lives in the same street as me. If we ever played off in the big one against the cats, it crossed my mind to go around his place about 1.00am in the morning of the grand final, loud music going in my car, ensuring he got no sleep at all!

jazzadogs
04-09-2010, 01:59 PM
If he had a go at the umps after the game he might be in a bit of strife, but his comments at the time should only have been a 50 metre penalty.
In a normal game, they also would have paid 50m against Ling for kicking the ball away.

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 02:09 PM

This is another thing that gets up me, a free kick is a free kick! It shouldn't matter wether it's a one point game, inside 50, or who the player is. I hate it when the umps don't pay something because it may result in a goal.

1eyedog
04-09-2010, 02:25 PM
[/B]

This is another thing that gets up me, a free kick is a free kick! It shouldn't matter wether it's a one point game, inside 50, or who the player is. I hate it when the umps don't pay something because it may result in a goal.

Umpires way to scared to blow the whistle at this stage of match for fear of retribution for influencing the result of the game, even though they directly influence it for 95% of it. Weak rabbits.

It is a strange thing, but no one remembers the free kick and goal halfway through the second quarter, but they'll remember it for a lot longer if it happens with 2 minutes on the clock with scores level.

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Just heard it called "highly controversial"!

LostDoggy
06-09-2010, 09:45 AM
First look, it seemed harsh. But on watching the replay, it was a freekick.

The only problem I had, was when that happend to us 24 hours later, it was no free kick!

LostDoggy
06-09-2010, 12:30 PM
I think it was a free kick too, but it shouldn't have been paid because it was St Kilda!! :D

Bulldog Revolution
06-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Umpire should have responded to Mooney that he was inability to kick straight that had cost them the game

EasternWest
06-09-2010, 05:33 PM
I would want that free kick paid one hundred times out of one hundred.

Shame for such a great game to rest on one "controversial" call, but it was a free kick. End of story.

ratsmac
06-09-2010, 06:13 PM
It was a free kick no doubt, but I would love to see this rule changed. I believe that a push in the back shouldn't be awarded if it is during a tackle. Who cares if you turn the player in the tackle when you tackled him from behind, if he was caught with the ball its his fault, and he should be penalised. I understand the push in the back rule in a marking contest or when you might be about to pick the ball up in a pack, but a technically wrong executed tackle is too harsh on the tackler. I would have loved to see Mooney's tackle called play on but because they pay it a free kick 90% of the time it was definatly a free kick IMO.

Sockeye Salmon
06-09-2010, 08:17 PM
It was a free kick no doubt, but I would love to see this rule changed. I believe that a push in the back shouldn't be awarded if it is during a tackle. Who cares if you turn the player in the tackle when you tackled him from behind, if he was caught with the ball its his fault, and he should be penalised. I understand the push in the back rule in a marking contest or when you might be about to pick the ball up in a pack, but a technically wrong executed tackle is too harsh on the tackler. I would have loved to see Mooney's tackle called play on but because they pay it a free kick 90% of the time it was definatly a free kick IMO.

This.

I hate it when someone chases flat out and throws himself at the ball carrier and then gets penalised for his momentum taking him forward - or even worse, the player gets caught so he throws himself forward and gets a free.