PDA

View Full Version : Come On Johnno!

Twodogs
04-09-2010, 07:43 PM
A lot of people have been slagging Johnno off. I'm guilty of writing him off for this game-I just dont why he is playing.

Please, please prove me wrong Johnno!

Bumper Bulldogs
04-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Please, please prove me wrong Johnno!

Prepare yourself Twodogs. I think he will be out to shove it up us all. He is a true campion and will give it everything as he knows at the very very best he has only one more season ahead of him.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Prepare yourself Twodogs. I think he will be out to shove it up us all. He is a true campion and will give it everything as he knows at the very very best he has only one more season ahead of him.

I really hope his body is well enough to hold up through what hopefully will be a physical contest. We really can't afford him to go lame midway through the game like he did a couple of weeks ago.
He deserves to end his career not with the spectre of constant injury restricting him to performances that aren't up to the super high standard he has set for his long career.

Greystache
04-09-2010, 10:55 PM
He's embarrassed himself tonight and hurt the team in the process.

Rance Fan
04-09-2010, 10:59 PM
He should show leadership and retire

comrade
04-09-2010, 11:03 PM

Won't happen.

chef
04-09-2010, 11:03 PM

Yep and Hahn should follow suit.

becmatty
04-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Johnno needed to play tonight in order to get some match fitness and conditioning. He wasn't up to it, but will be better for the run and hopefully has three matches left in him to go out in style, as the true champ he is.

I don't think it is constructive to continue this debate.

comrade
04-09-2010, 11:11 PM

Definitely won't happen.

Rance Fan
04-09-2010, 11:11 PM

And Eagleton!

comrade
04-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Johnno needed to play tonight in order to get some match fitness and conditioning. He wasn't up to it, but will be better for the run and hopefully has three matches left in him to go out in style, as the true champ he is.

Why not?

His performance is having a detrimental effect on a team we all pay good money to support. Don't tell us what to do just because you can't handle reading some (reasonable) criticism.

LostDoggy
04-09-2010, 11:13 PM
He's injured, Slow, out of form.
Not only is he costing the Dogs games, he is Embarrassing himself and hurting his reputation.

Dry Rot
04-09-2010, 11:18 PM

After tonight, we have only one game to go. He should retire on Monday.

Dry Rot
04-09-2010, 11:19 PM
He's injured, Slow, out of form.
Not only is he costing the Dogs games, he is Embarrassing himself and hurting his reputation.

Agreed. GONE!

Doc26
04-09-2010, 11:23 PM
What has been shown up again and again is how sub standard our match committee and for that matter our football operations are in list management, team selection and strategy when compared to the top teams. The fact that our football operations might even consider the likes of Hahn and even Johnson going around again is laughable.

Rance Fan
04-09-2010, 11:24 PM
GONE...like 2010!

mighty_west
04-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Just as sad watching Johnno go downhill very quickly, as much as it was with Chris Grant, his time is up....:(

Dry Rot
04-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Just as sad watching Johnno go downhill very quickly, as much as it was with Chris Grant, his time is up....:(

My concern is the rapid decline of the Class of '99.

Greystache
04-09-2010, 11:32 PM

Tonight was a final, A FINAL!

Seriously, you've got no idea!!

Greystache
04-09-2010, 11:34 PM

My concern is they're the core of our team and have been serial big final failures their whole careers.

Sedat
04-09-2010, 11:38 PM
The only thing sadder than seeing Johnno getting the bronx cheers was seeing Hahn's comical efforts at one on one defending against the might of Leigh Brown.

Johnno vs Higgins in a foot race could go all night. Our forward 50 is the slowest, least accountable forward group in the competition. Addison at least shut Harry O out after half time but it was a hour too late.

Also good to see Boyd really clamp down defensively on Swan. Especially love both he and Cross go 3rd man up

mighty_west
04-09-2010, 11:41 PM

There will most likely have to be some kind of clean out either way, Johnno, Mitch & Eagleton showed tonight that they are pretty much done, Aker has already gone, but we do have some good kids coming through, some that perhaps should have got a game tonight.

Timmy Callan worked his guts out, but he hasn't played a game all season, and will most likely be delisted at the end of the year, yet he gets a finals game, plus we just can't carry both Callan & Addsion in the same side imo, if Wood was fit to play, would have much rather he played anyway, even if it was wet, he was excellent at a soaked AAMI Stadium.

With losing so much experience this year, this really is a crunch draft & trade period for us.

mighty_west
04-09-2010, 11:42 PM
My concern is they're the core of our team and have been serial big final failures their whole careers.

I think a few hard calls may be needed, and i'm not talking about players just about done!

Greystache
04-09-2010, 11:47 PM
I think a few hard calls may be needed, and i'm not talking about players just about done!

Agree completely, but will will we? Looking at our team selection you'd have to think we'll be conservative and do nothing.

becmatty
04-09-2010, 11:48 PM

Again Greystache, you resort to personal cracks.

The MC selected Johnno. The coach just said in the press conference that he will play next week.

Its is you that is the one who has a view that differs from the professionals who are paid to make the right decisions. I agree with the club's stance and although Johnno was disappointing tonight, he should pay next week and will be better.

I am bored by having to listen to your weekly personal insults. I think its time you found a new forum or start showing some respect.

comrade
04-09-2010, 11:54 PM

The MC selected Johnno. The coach just said in the press conference that he will play next week.

Its is you that is the one who has a view that differs from the professionals who are paid to make the right decisions. I agree with the club's stance and although Johnno was disappointing tonight, he should pay next week and will be better.

I am bored by having to listen to your weekly personal insults. I think its time you found a new forum or start showing some respect.

I respect Greystache's opinions so your comments aren't reflective of the rest of the forum.

The professionals you refer to just lead our team to a 10 goal loss and have repeatedly failed in big games against the best teams. I don't think questioning them is such a bad thing right now.

mighty_west
04-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Agree completely, but will will we? Looking at our team selection you'd have to think we'll be conservative and do nothing.

You only have to look at Collingwood [it pains me saying that] to see they way they have backed their kids in, Ben Reid was hack forward last year FFS, Macaffer was a plodder, Goldsack was constantly heckled by his own supporters, Mitch Brown did his job with their big key defender out etc etc.

Then on the flipside, we all know which players aren't getting the job done time after time in big finals!!!!!

anfo27
04-09-2010, 11:57 PM
What has been shown up again and again is how sub standard our match committee and for that matter our football operations are in list management, team selection and strategy when compared to the top teams. The fact that our football operations might even consider the likes of Hahn and even Johnson going around again is laughable.

Great post Doc, this is the biggest problem we have

GVGjr
05-09-2010, 12:02 AM

The set-up on the match committee is a poor one. You can't just have 3 assistant coaches and the head coach selecting the side.
The 3 assistants would basically be looking at selections from their own perspective not what's necessarily the best for the team.

They need a chairman of selectors and the Williamstown coach right in the selection process.

becmatty
05-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I respect Greystache's opinions so your comments aren't reflective of the rest of the forum.

The professionals you refer to just lead our team to a 10 goal loss and have repeatedly failed in big games against the best teams. I don't think questioning them is such a bad thing right now.

There is a difference between questioning a decision or opinion, and resorting to insults.

Unfortunately WOOF has a small membership base and an even smaller one for active members. I am not surprised with the way a few regulars speak to other supporters.

Dry Rot
05-09-2010, 12:05 AM

Then I hope there are no pics on this thread. :D

Greystache
05-09-2010, 12:15 AM

You're right, I'll ignore your irrelevant posts in future. Unless however your posting about an under 14 game where you kicked 8 goals because that was gold!

aker39
05-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Johnno is the laughing stock of the league at the moment. Collingwood were taking the piss out of him.
There is only won way for him to regain some dignity and that is to retire this week, for the good of the club.
Our mc should be ashamed for playing him, along with Eagleton, Hahn and a clearly unfit Higgins.
One last thing, if Gia is made captain of our club, them we have big problems with the leaders of our club.

Rance Fan
05-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Greystache - spot on!

Aker - Agree Gia captain would be a bad move also

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 01:38 AM

No way becmatty, I'm with Greeyscale on this one too ...... he's not alone.

Jonno was an embarrassment tonight .... he couldnt keep up and his disposal was terrible. Father time has come and he is in denial.

Unfortunately our match committee should hang their heads too because whilst they are hoping for a fairytale ending, they are also abusing their responsibility in sending out the best team to represent our club.

immortalmike
05-09-2010, 03:49 AM
I think it is interesting that the same people that called for Scotty West to get another year (because we owed it to him apparently) despite having a medical condition that would not have gotten any better, are the same people who have asked for Brad Johnson's head.

Me I'm taking a wait and see stance, if the doctors and medicos say his injury will heal and can guarantee a full recovery over the post-season then by all mean give Johnno another year as it is owed to him as much as anyone. If however there is any significant lingering doubt then he should retire and get a heroes send off. What he should not be doing is playing at half fitness while we have other players also playing at half fitness especially in a final.

To be honest though if Johnno does retire it's going to be hard to be as passionate for the Dogs without the last Footscray player ever playing for them. They'll always have my support but...sigh.

Bumper Bulldogs
05-09-2010, 08:43 AM
A mixed bag for me as i love the bloke, I can see him still providing value to this side in the upcoming finals. The issue is we just don't know how the leg is and under what duress he is playing under.

For me I would still play him as I thought early on in the game he did cover Shaw well and stop his drive off 1/2 back. the issue was he continually went to ground and his disposal was poor.

If we remove Mitch for Wood and Eagle for Hooper that leaves Higgo and Jonno. not sure that Jones, Hill, Stack would give you more than these blokes. the up side is that they should be better for the run and perform better again next week.

As for Jonno he cant captain next year and as long as games are performance based I wouldn't mind him going one more year. If the rumors are true about Stach, Hill, Everitt, Harbrow all going we may just need another year as our talls are coming on better than any smalls we have.

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 10:30 AM

There is a difference between questioning a decision or opinion, and resorting to insults.

Unfortunately WOOF has a small membership base and an even smaller one for active members. I am not surprised with the way a few regulars speak to other supporters.

You're right, I'll ignore your irrelevant posts in future. Unless however your posting about an under 14 game where you kicked 8 goals because that was gold!

This stuff is better than a soap opera.

Desipura
05-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Get it right, it was a lazy 11.

Desipura
05-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Johnno is the laughing stock of the league at the moment. Collingwood were taking the piss out of him.
There is only won way for him to regain some dignity and that is to retire this week, for the good of the club.
Our mc should be ashamed for playing him, along with Eagleton, Hahn and a clearly unfit Higgins.
One last thing, if Gia is made captain of our club, them we have big problems with the leaders of our club.

Quote for quote, I agree with everything you have said, 100%!

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Definately HM ;)

Personally I think Williamstown would have done a better job.

A few years ago we were the fastest team in the league!!!!
Over the last few years we were the Best at nearly everything.

Could someone tell me WTF has happened this year.

I hate to say it but I think we will go out in Straight Sets.

As for Gia being Captain, he couldn't hold a lollipop and direct a school crossing :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 12:31 PM

Definately HM ;)

Personally I think Williamstown would have done a better job.

A few years ago we were the fastest team in the league!!!!
Over the last few years we were the Best at nearly everything.

Could someone tell me WTF has happened this year.

I hate to say it but I think we will go out in Straight Sets.

As for Gia being Captain, he couldn't hold a lollipop and direct a school crossing :rolleyes:

I ment the banter between users.
But the team is a bit of a soapy too.

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 12:49 PM
CAPTAIN SELFISH! Its about the club winning a flag Jonno, not you:mad:

Topdog
06-09-2010, 10:50 AM

Whilst the insult was not needed GS is 100% spot on. That was a FINAL!

TO hear Eade come out this week and say Johnno was in good form before the injury is an insult to supporters. I honestly can't believe he said Johnno was playing well against Sydney before his injury.

BulldogBelle
06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Delusion of adequacy.

Just heard on SEN a Collingwood supporter bagging Eade as he showed no compassion or common sense by playing Johnno. Johnno looking like an old man in pain.

Must sack Eade and Johnno and James Fantasia and Leon Cameron and Paul Williams and Chris Maple for their stupid strategies and tactics over the last 3 years. The responsibility for ths year's play of Johnson has to be tied around some-one's neck.

Johnno is deluded as he obviously thinks that he is still good enough to play AFL. Johnno wants to play next year. He has not announced a retirement.

Desipura
06-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Delusion of adequacy.

Just heard on SEN a Collingwood supporter bagging Eade as he showed no compassion or common sense by playing Johnno. Johnno looking like an old man in pain.

Must sack Eade and Johnno and James Fantasia and Leon Cameron and Paul Williams and Chris Maple for their stupid strategies and tactics over the last 3 years. The responsibility for ths year's play of Johnson has to be tied around some-one's neck.

Johnno is deluded as he obviously thinks that he is still good enough to play AFL. Johnno wants to play next year. He has not announced a retirement.
Before you embarrass yourself further, read the other posts about Johnno announcing his retirement.

EasternWest
06-09-2010, 07:29 PM

Some members on this forum find it disrespectful when others consistently misspell players names. They find it even more disrespectful when they're just told to "get over it".

Respect is a funny thing :rolleyes:.

westbulldog
07-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Eagleton, Johnson, Hahn and Higgins do not deserve to play against Sydney based on their insipid and embarassing performances against Collingwood. In particular, players not fully fit should not be selected - are we slow learners ?
In my mind only Griffen, Hudson, Lake and Picken had a red-hot go against Collingwood, the rest were collectively not worth 3/5 of 5/8.

Sockeye Salmon
07-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Eagleton, Johnson, Hahn and Higgins do not deserve to play against Sydney based on their insipid and embarassing performances against Collingwood. In particular, players not fully fit should not be selected - are we slow learners ?
In my mind only Griffen, Hudson, Lake and Picken had a red-hot go against Collingwood, the rest were collectively not worth 3/5 of 5/8.

Like Griffen?

Mantis
07-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Like Griffen?

The Griffen talk in hindsight seems to be all piss and wind.

Desipura
07-09-2010, 12:06 PM

Like Griffen?
To be fair to Westbulldog, some players can play with injuries and other cannot. Also depends on the extent of the injury.

Curly5
07-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Any faint chance we can all get over our horror of Johnno playing next Saturday night, and just get behind him for possibly the last time?

Ghost Dog
07-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Maybe....but not for four quarters. Brad, we love you, but time stops for nobody. Thanks for everything you have done.