PDA

View Full Version : I'm Shooting Bambi

Remi Moses
05-09-2010, 01:12 AM
With a heavy heart for the betterment of our finals progress Johnno has to retire!
It's just pains me to see one of our greats struggle so badly.
Let's be honest you don't get a fairytale ending all that often and Brad's become a liability:(

AndrewP6
05-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Hate to say it but I'm inclined to agree. Don't think it'll happen though...

Remi Moses
05-09-2010, 01:41 AM
It's a no brainer he can barely get into a jog and it's unfair to see him battle.
It's time to put the clubs potential progress ahead of a liability.Just look at Adelaide with their greats not going out on their own terms,it's sad but the club comes before the individual.

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Disagree. I expect to get shouted down for defending a club legend but we have no flag chance this year and Johnno deserves to go out on his feet. Unpopular stance I know.

Remi Moses
05-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Disagree it's not about Brad it's about progressing in the finals and Johnno's a liability to our side!Did Simon Goodwin, Tyson Edwards go out on their own terms

Dry Rot
05-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Disagree. I expect to get shouted down for defending a club legend but we have no flag chance this year and Johnno deserves to go out on his feet. Unpopular stance I know.

If you think that we'll go out in straight sets to the Swans no matter what we do (and I think we will) then I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

AndrewP6
05-09-2010, 02:01 AM

Sadly, he's having trouble staying on his feet.

LostDoggy
Sadly, he's having trouble staying on his feet.

Pay that.

Dry Rot
Disagree it's not about Brad it's about progressing in the finals and Johnno's a liability to our side!Did Simon Goodwin, Tyson Edwards go out on their own terms

No, but Hahn and Eagleton were picked to play tonight against the best team of 2010 (by H&A ladder position).

Something is wrong here?

Greystache
05-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Put a fork in him.

Sadly knowing our MC he'll play next week assuming he can make it down the players race.

Dry Rot
05-09-2010, 02:13 AM
The sad thing about all this is that I don't hold the MC accountable for a wrong call on the older players at the end of last season.

They rolled the dice and that's OK but it didn't work.

My problem is that it was obvious a while ago THIS YEAR that it didn't work, and they should have adjusted accordingly.

MrMahatma
05-09-2010, 02:41 AM
That's the problem with our club. He's an individual. So we do what's best for 'him' not the team. Whether we can win the flag or not, what gives us the best chance either this year or next, or the one after? Playing Johno? Or playing Moles/Jones/Hill/Everitt/Hooper et al...

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2010, 02:49 AM
I find it a little irritating that Johnno keeps putting his hand up to play when he probably knows he shouldn't, but maybe that's just the aftermath of another QF smashing.

Remi Moses
05-09-2010, 03:34 AM
That's the problem with our club. He's an individual. So we do what's best for 'him' not the team. Whether we can win the flag or not, what gives us the best chance either this year or next, or the one after? Playing Johno? Or playing Moles/Jones/Hill/Everitt/Hooper et al...

I agree entirely I think it's a point Chris Grant alluded to at the 07 B+F we laud the individual over the actual team.I think the only player they made the wrong call on was Eagleton. You couldn't envisaged Hahn,Aker,or johnno going off the cliff

Topdog
05-09-2010, 09:05 AM
The sad thing about all this is that I don't hold the MC accountable for a wrong call on the older players at the end of last season.

My problem is that it was obvious a while ago THIS YEAR that it didn't work, and they should have adjusted accordingly.

I don't think you will find anyone disagreeing with that.

GVGjr
05-09-2010, 10:16 AM

I see it the other way. We have been too passive on list management over the last 2 seasons and we should have taken a longer term approach last season rather than putting so much faith in an older list.

It's hard to adjust during the season when you don't have the options. The hard call should have been made on Eagleton and Akermanis at the end of last year.
We are going into compromised drafts and now need to make a number of changes.

Mantis
05-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I find it a little irritating that Johnno keeps putting his hand up to play when he probably knows he shouldn't, but maybe that's just the aftermath of another QF smashing.

I don't think Johnno knows any other way.

He has played his whole career in a banged up state and has always been able to perform, but father time has caught up and given him a big whack, but Johnno's mentality is that he just has to push through.... The only way he will not play is if he is tapped on the shoulder, it was the same with Scott West.

comrade
05-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't think Johnno knows any other way.

He has played his whole career in a banged up state and has always been able to perform, but father time has caught up and given him a big whack, but Johnno's mentality is that he just has to push through.... The only way he will not play is if he is tapped on the shoulder, it was the same with Scott West.

The coach has already said that he will play next week, if his body is ok. I'm hoping this is the loophole Rocket uses to tap him on the shoulder and allow Johnno to save face, rather than have to drop him for form reasons.

To watch a Club champion get bronx cheered in the biggest game of the year was just ****ed and he shouldn't have been out there.

Desipura
05-09-2010, 10:50 AM
The coach has already said that he will play next week, if his body is ok. I'm hoping this is the loophole Rocket uses to tap him on the shoulder and allow Johnno to save face, rather than have to drop him for form reasons.

To watch a Club champion get bronx cheered in the biggest game of the year was just ****ed and he shouldn't have been out there.
Johnno was a favourite of mine, I dont want to remember him for getting the bronx cheers from the majority of the crowd (including our own). It was sad and embarassing at the same time watching him trying to get into O'Briens head and then staging for a free that clearly was not there.
At his best he was a player who ran his opponent ragged and was very strong contested mark who kicked a number of bags to win us games. Leave now Johnno, before I forget how good you actually were........
Its quiet sad that he wont play off in a grand final, its no shame, he is not alone.

craigsahibee
05-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the memories Brad, but it's time.

SlimPickens
05-09-2010, 01:33 PM
The Bronx cheer was very ordinary last night. Sadly tho it is time for Johnno it would be great for him to put his hand up and give a go to a young bloke

AndrewP6
05-09-2010, 01:38 PM
The Bronx cheer was very ordinary last night. Sadly tho it is time for Johnno it would be great for him to put his hand up and give a go to a young bloke

Agreed, unfortunately... although I'm certain if we weren't up against the classless, repugnant, undignified morons that are Collingwood fans, the response wouldn't have been as bad. Any shred of respect I may have had for those "people" is gone for good. Not only the Bronx cheers, but in my area, there was constant derision of our players, applauding errors, and even cheering as players went off injured (particularly when Lake hurt his arm)...

Disgusting.

Flamethrower
05-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Agreed, unfortunately... although I'm certain if we weren't up against the classless, repugnant, undignified morons that are Collingwood fans, the response wouldn't have been as bad. Any shred of respect I may have had for those "people" is gone for good. Not only the Bronx cheers, but in my area, there was constant derision of our players, applauding errors, and even cheering as players went off injured (particularly when Lake hurt his arm)...

Disgusting.

That is why they are known as The Filth. I hope they lose the Grand Final by 1 point after the siren thanks to an interchange infringement.

bornadog
05-09-2010, 01:51 PM
That is why they are known as The Filth. I hope they lose the Grand Final by 1 point after the siren thanks to an interchange infringement.

I hope they don't make the GF

LostDoggy
06-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I hope they don't make the GF

If I didn't hate them enough before Saturdays game, I certainly do now. I love Brad Johnson and to hear what they were doing just breaks my heart. :(

Definately barracking for Geelong in the preliminary final. :D

Remi Moses
06-09-2010, 04:01 PM
We can't complain to much we gave them stick in 06.
They'd boo Mother Teresa if she was playing against Collingwood

LostDoggy
06-09-2010, 05:21 PM

Now that is a funny thought but yes go Geelong in the prelim... if they get there..

bornadog
06-09-2010, 06:48 PM
If I didn't hate them enough before Saturdays game, I certainly do now. I love Brad Johnson and to hear what they were doing just breaks my heart. :(

Definately barracking for Geelong in the preliminary final. :D

It might be Freo:D

LostDoggy
06-09-2010, 09:01 PM
It might be Freo:D
If so it will be Freo I reluctantly barrack more, anyone playing Collingwood even St.Kilda.

LostDoggy
06-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Not many Dog players go out to pasture playing fit like Smith and Garlick did, its a shame that West/Johnno didn't have that chance.

Go dogs..............

Sockeye Salmon
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I'd be fascinated to know how many on here calling for Johnno's head were bagging the club for pushing Scott West out?

GVGjr
07-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I'd be fascinated to know how many on here calling for Johnno's head were bagging the club for pushing Scott West out?

It was never that West should have played on it was more about the insulting way that he was sacked. He just needed more time than he was given. I'm glad Johnson was not subjected to the same.

Mofra
07-09-2010, 02:01 PM
It was never that West should have played on it was more about the insulting way that he was sacked.
IIRC he rushed out of the meeting after he was told it was all over, so the way we wanted it to go didn't eventuate anyway.

mighty_west
07-09-2010, 02:16 PM
IIRC he rushed out of the meeting after he was told it was all over, so the way we wanted it to go didn't eventuate anyway.

Perhaps Westy should have been told a few weeks prior to start looking for a future after footy and set up a press conference at a later date, both club & player didn't handle things as they could have been imo, Westy obviously couldn't let go.