PDA

View Full Version : Coaching changes suggestion

ReLoad
05-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I would like to suggest some potential coaching changes.

Firstly Rocket stays, I can give you a myriad of good reasons why, but the fact is we do NOT have any money to pay him out.

Leon Cameron to depart, sadly our midfield has taken serious steps backwards in its application and consistency, they simply also do not and cannot shut down an opposition midfield, leon has been with us for a while now, we need fresh ideas in the area.

Paul Williams to depart, Our forward line even taking in the massive game plan changes to our forward line is now totally dysfunctional, we dont score nearly as often as we used to with our mosquito fleet and we cannot damage teams with rapid fire goals. Yes this is related to the players we have no longer kicking goals (when did gilbs last kick a goal?)

Peter Dean to stay, our backline is fantastic, we are rock solid down back and they have really gelled as a unit, our points against us has dropped dramatically even considering the extreme pressure they are put under by a defunct midfield defensive unit.

and a suggestion:

Dean Laidley, get him in the squad, his tactical nous is amazing, I had the privilege of hearing him speak one day about opposing team analysis, and the guy is a gun. get him to run opposition team planning sessions and task him with the duty of giving players "jobs" on the opposition. Get him in our coaches box!

Id throw in a Smokey like getting someone like Robert Harvey (from the blues) or even someone like Mark Riccutto from interstate to hand a glass of concrete so we can harden the hell up.

craigsahibee
05-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Aren't we interested in Simon Goodwin if he wants to put his hand up to be an assistant coach?

You do make some very good points, particularly the midfield issues.

Laidley would be a fantastic asset in the coaches box, just not sure if we have the financial resources to get him to the Whitten Oval. Maybe combine his role as mid-field/opposition coach which may free up Leon to take up the role of Forward coach and Paul Williams to move on.

Great post Reload.

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Rocket should step aside and not take the money for next year. He is a disgrace for playing Jonno and all his other half baked injured mates. He has has done it all year and now it has bitten him on the arse big time. The fish rots at the head:mad:

azabob
05-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Aren't we interested in Simon Goodwin if he wants to put his hand up to be an assistant coach?

Great post Reload.

I think that was more media talk than anything.

We were playing Adelaide that week and Fantasisa (ex crows) was asked the question if he thought Goodwin would be a good coach.

azabob
05-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Good post Reload.

Not sure we have the cash for Laidley - he may even get a senior job.

Yes Williams and Cameron to step aside for two outsiders prefereably with a harder edge and at least one of them has just retired in either 2009 or 2010.

SlimPickens
05-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Some changes have to be made especially with the midfield. I'm wondering why no one has thrown up Scott West as a possibility, IMO he has done a fantasstic job at Melbourne with a young group.

SlimPickens
05-09-2010, 01:26 PM
and a suggestion:

Dean Laidley, get him in the squad, his tactical nous is amazing, I had the privilege of hearing him speak one day about opposing team analysis, and the guy is a gun. get him to run opposition team planning sessions and task him with the duty of giving players "jobs" on the opposition. Get him in our coaches box!

Excellent call

AndrewP6
05-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Good post Reload.

Not sure we have the cash for Laidley - he may even get a senior job.

This...

Scorlibo
05-09-2010, 03:05 PM
I would like to suggest some potential coaching changes.

Firstly Rocket stays, I can give you a myriad of good reasons why, but the fact is we do NOT have any money to pay him out.

Leon Cameron to depart, sadly our midfield has taken serious steps backwards in its application and consistency, they simply also do not and cannot shut down an opposition midfield, leon has been with us for a while now, we need fresh ideas in the area.

Paul Williams to depart, Our forward line even taking in the massive game plan changes to our forward line is now totally dysfunctional, we dont score nearly as often as we used to with our mosquito fleet and we cannot damage teams with rapid fire goals. Yes this is related to the players we have no longer kicking goals (when did gilbs last kick a goal?)

We have just about the best stoppage midfield in the competition, so to sack Leon Cameron would be a HUGE call. They need to go harder the other way, but really this is made a very hard task with the amount we turn the ball over.

Our forward line definitely needs to be reshaped, start from scratch with new faces, have them form connections as the back line have done. Whether that requires a new coach I'm not sure.