PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Krakouer

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I was reading some articles a little while back about this bloke, and how it is more then likely he will get picked up in the upcoming draft.

He is playing really good football, and i have heard (not 100% sure) that he could go close to winning the Sandover Medal. The guy is 27 years old right now & hasn't looked out of place when playing recently for both Swan Districts & apparently an intra club match at the WCE.

So i thought i would ask a couple of questions, and see what peoples reactions are to him.

Considering we are looking for small forwards who could add a bit of spark & dash, should we take a punt and put him on the list?

What would his worth be? and do you think an AFL club will actually go for him?

mjp
05-09-2010, 04:24 PM
We should draft him.

He is playing amazing footy - had 51 possessions two weeks ago. If he was in our squad he would be starting in the centre square this week.

LostDoggy
06-09-2010, 09:47 AM
He wont be available by the time we get our first 'live' pick.

mjp
06-09-2010, 10:07 AM
He wont be available by the time we get our first 'live' pick.

Really? What makes you so certain?

Swans aren't even convinced he will be selected at this stage, so I am curious where your confidence comes from.

Mofra
06-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Swans aren't even convinced he will be selected at this stage, so I am curious where your confidence comes from.
You'd know better than us - age aside, what are the major reservations about him? Character?

aker39
06-09-2010, 11:57 AM

Maybe from here

We should draft him.

He is playing amazing footy - had 51 possessions two weeks ago. If he was in our squad he would be starting in the centre square this week.

Desipura
06-09-2010, 12:01 PM
It has been reported today that the Suns have first access to delisted players and Krakouer is one that is generating interest along with Robert Campbell.
Suns could then trade any delisted player they pick up to another club. There wont be many good recycled players left after the Suns get to them.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Chris Pike
September 14, 2010

Andrew Krakouer's dream return to WAFL football this year was rewarded as he won the Sandover Medal as the former Richmond player shows that he has an AFL future if any club is willing to take a punt on him.

Krakouer dominated the season for Swan Districts averaging almost 27 possessions a game, kicking 34 goals and helping Swans to finish second on the ladder and now into this Sunday's grand final against Claremont.

Krakouer won the award as the WAFL's fairest and best player in 2010 as he polled 44 votes from throughout the season with the voting given by umpires on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis with six best on ground honours, two four votes and two threes.

Link (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/krakouer-claims-sandover-medal-looks-to-draft-20100914-15a17.html)

ratsmac
14-09-2010, 10:27 PM
I'd take him. We need some speed and some goal nous. He has already done and apprenticeship and would be ready to go. I agree, I don't think he would still be there for our first pick. We would be forced to have to use our early picks on little wally or libba anyway I think.

Scraggers
15-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Don't forget he played seven seasons with Richmond ... Averaged 10 disposals, 2 marks, and 1 goal per game until he was delisted in 2007.

At which point he went to jail for GBH.

He's had a great season for the Black Ducks ... West Coast have declared their interest in him, and in my opinion, they can have him. Not for me thanks :(

Scorlibo
15-09-2010, 08:51 AM
I would like to see him back in the AFL, was quite good to watch when he was with Richmond, even if there wasn't much to watch. Jail time turns me off him for the Doggies.

Topdog
15-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Also don't forget Rodan was crap at Richmond. Richmond have a special ability to ruin players careers.

Mofra
15-09-2010, 09:09 AM
May well be gone before we have a chance to get him anyway.

Desipura
15-09-2010, 09:14 AM
May well be gone before we have a chance to get him anyway.

If I were WCE, I would arrange for Gold Coast to pick up Krakouer and trade a WCE player to the Suns in exchange for Krakouer.
WCE are on the lookout for a goalsneak. Saves them from having to pick up Krakouer with one of their early picks.

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 11:54 AM
If I were WCE, I would arrange for Gold Coast to pick up Krakouer and trade a WCE player to the Suns in exchange for Krakouer.
WCE are on the lookout for a goalsneak. Saves them from having to pick up Krakouer with one of their early picks.

That is not even possible. You have to do all your trades and finalise them before the draft.
The only way that could happen is for Krakouer to play 1 year at GC.

Desipura
15-09-2010, 11:55 AM
That is not even possible. You have to do all your trades and finalise them before the draft.
I suggest you do some research

Sockeye Salmon
15-09-2010, 12:04 PM

Desi is right.

As a previously delisted player, GC could list Krakouer before the trade period and then he is treated the same as any other player.

There was also a bit of talk about Josh Toy - who GC have listed as a 17yo - wanting to come back to Melbourne and GC could trade him as well if they so chose.

The Pie Man
15-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Also don't forget Rodan was crap at Richmond. Richmond have a special ability to ruin players careers.

Haha that they do :D

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I have re-read Desi post, and I mis-read the pick-up part.

As you have said SS, that deal could work out that way.

My appologies Desi, I read it that you meant GC should pick-up Krakouer in the Draft then trade.

Scraggers
19-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Bump

Just kicked the winning goal for Swan Districts in their grand final win over Claremont ... And he won the Simpson Medal (WAFL version of Norm Smith)

mjp
19-09-2010, 07:55 PM
... And he won the Simpson Medal (WAFL version of Norm Smith)

Just got back from an amazing game. Both sides kicked the 'winning' goal several times - incredible end to end footy. Krakouer must have had the footy 40 times and kicked 4 by my count...

Best game of footy I have seen all year.

Scraggers
19-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Just got back from an amazing game. Both sides kicked the 'winning' goal several times - incredible end to end footy. Krakouer must have had the footy 40 times and kicked 4 by my count...

Best game of footy I have seen all year.

Agreed ... Watched it on TV ... Fantastic game !!

Krakouer did get 4 goals ... So did Coliglio (16 years old)