PDA

View Full Version : 1st Semi Final - Western Bulldogs v Sydney

Flamethrower
05-09-2010, 07:44 PM
MCG 7.20 pm Saturday September 11.

The AFL mustn't be anticipating much of a crowd as AFL Members can get 4 guest passes and Club members can buy one (1) ticket per membership plus four (4) additional tickets.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/101987/default.aspx

bornadog
05-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Be lucky to get 40,000

G-Mo77
05-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Be lucky to get 40,000

42,731 in 2008. Pretty much the exact same position we are in now.

bornadog
05-09-2010, 07:54 PM
42,731 in 2008. Pretty much the exact same position we are in now.

I was more confident in 2008 even though the Hawks crshed us, than I am this year. Swans aree in top form and did not lip into the finals like 2008.

Who will play on Goodes with no Morris? It may have to be either Lake or Williams as no one else has any size or strength to match him.

G-Mo77
05-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I was more confident in 2008 even though the Hawks crshed us, than I am this year. Swans aree in top form and did not lip into the finals like 2008.

I was pretty confident in 2008 also and like you not so much this year. :o

bornadog
05-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I was pretty confident in 2008 also and like you not so much this year. :o

I just hope supporters don't abandon the team and still go out and give some support. Its bad enoiugh we have to play this mob twice a year outside of Victoria. They are now in our teritory and we need to give them some crowd support, god knows they need every bit of help they can get.

comrade
05-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Sedat said in another thread that a straight sets exit may be beneficial for the Club in the long run.

I agree.

Better to play all the kids and lose, than grind out a win and paper over the cracks that 'valiantly' making a third prelim will cause.

Changes need to be made.

Greystache
05-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Sedat said in another thread that a straight sets exit may be beneficial for the Club in the long run.

I agree.

Better to play all the kids and lose, than grind out a win and paper over the cracks that 'valiantly' making a third prelim will cause.

Changes need to be made.

Agree- won't happen. We'll make minimal changes IMO, Wood in for Addison or something equally conservative. No lessons learned.

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 08:28 PM

I agree.

Changes need to be made.

Nope cant agree, wishing for a straight sets exit wont help anyone. Id much rather see the boys band together and have a crack Im not taking a top four finish for granted.

We can bloody beat the Swans, then give the Saints a mighty shake they are not as good as everyone says, two weeks off wont help them and they rely heavily on the two big forwards our defence can hold them. So stick strong Comrade this was the only path which we have a shot and I for one am backin us in!

Leave the lessons for another year Im preety sure Eade knows who needs to go and he doesnt need a straight sets exit to act.

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Agree- won't happen. We'll make minimal changes IMO, Wood in for Addison or something equally conservative. No lessons learned.

Yep, i think this is exactly how it will pan out.

LostDoggy
05-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Changes need to be made.

Agree, need some changes.
But alas Rocket assures us Brad Johnson will play against the Swans.

ReLoad
05-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Finishing in straight sets does nothing to help the club.

Finishing in a prelim is almost 100k more in AFL prize money payments. well worth the effort.

It also tells a better story to sponsors and corporates.

heaven knows to me if we beat the swans it will show some serious Guts and Determination given our current injury issues and just how well the swans are playing.

Throwing this game will do nothing for us, and will just make the pressure and media scrutiny worse.

Rocco Jones
05-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I just hope supporters don't abandon the team and still go out and give some support. Its bad enoiugh we have to play this mob twice a year outside of Victoria. They are now in our teritory and we need to give them some crowd support, god knows they need every bit of help they can get.

I do too bornadog but we have to understand WOOF has a very positive general view of the Dogs compared to our overall supporter base.

Whether it's right or wrong, the vast majority of fans I know or hear from at the footy are absolutely sick of us playing the same old guys who keep failing us. We will go in with virtually the same side as Saturday night, who could blame the non-tragics from keeping away?

SlimPickens
05-09-2010, 10:29 PM

Who will play on Goodes with no Morris? It may have to be either Lake or Williams as no one else has any size or strength to match him.

Why not try Easton Wood. He has the athleticism to go with Goodes and with Lake to give him a chop out if he plays deep forward. I think Wood would have a real crack if given the shot.

Hotdog60
05-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Why not try Easton Wood. He has the athleticism to go with Goodes and with Lake to give him a chop out if he plays deep forward. I think Wood would have a real crack if given the shot.

Bradshaw is a possibility, has played 2 reserve games with 80%games time and maybe an inclusion.

I like Wood on Goodes and Williams to Bradshaw (if he plays) and Lake to White.

Rocco Jones

I agree with the Wood call. Assuming he is fit, he seems our best option.

What about ROK?

I get the straight sets might see changes call but I think it might also really dent our playing group's confidence and start to bring a fig fall. Plus, I like winning more than losing as a general rule.

LostDoggy

Yep like it can only help Wood in his development

Hotdog60
05-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I agree with the Wood call. Assuming he is fit, he seems our best option.

What about ROK?

I get the straight sets might see changes call but I think it might also really dent our playing group's confidence and start to bring a fig fall. Plus, I like winning more than losing as a general rule.

Shaggy on O'Keeffe, ROK is apparently carrying some niggles and wasn't prominent on the weekend