PDA

View Full Version : Open Training - 1st Semi

bornadog
06-09-2010, 11:40 AM
The next training session will take place on Friday 10th September at 10:30am, Whitten Oval.

The boys need all the support they can get. I am sure they are just as disappointed that we are playing in another semi instead of straight to the prelim.

So come on sooky lala's get out there and rev them up.:D

Mantis
06-09-2010, 11:49 AM

You told us to rev them up last week.... that worked a treat. :rolleyes:

Sockeye Salmon
06-09-2010, 09:57 PM
The next training session will take place on Friday 10th September at 10:30pm, Whitten Oval.

The boys need all the support they can get. I am sure they are just as disappointed that we are playing in another semi instead of straight to the prelim.

Holy crap. I'm glad it's not a school night.

I know we are playing a night game on Saturday but shouldn't the players still have an early night?

The Coon Dog
06-09-2010, 10:40 PM

I know we are playing a night game on Saturday but shouldn't the players still have an early night?

First time I've laughed since Saturday night.

LostDoggy
06-09-2010, 11:18 PM
See you there Im going to get there in the morning to get a good seat

bornadog
06-09-2010, 11:51 PM
You told us to rev them up last week.... that worked a treat. :rolleyes:

Yeah and two men and a dog showed up, piss weak. Go over to Collingwood and there will be 10,000 there because they are passionate.

Mantis, 50 years of going to the footy and I can name maybe 12 years or so we have been in finals, so thats what 38 years of seeing no finals action and I was too young to go to the last GF. I am going to enjoy it while I can even though I know we are an outside chance of winning.:)

Remi Moses
07-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Gee tad harsh most work during the day and some of us work nights!
The old 5 o'clock session was a little easier for 99 % of the population

AndrewP6
07-09-2010, 12:38 AM
I'd be there but for a little thing called work... and the tyranny of distance!

Mantis
07-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Yeah and two men and a dog showed up, piss weak.

Congratulations for being able to slot in training around your work, unfortunately I and others aren't that fortunate.

Go over to Collingwood and there will be 10,000 there because they are passionate.

They will be there because they are unemployed.

The Coon Dog
07-09-2010, 09:46 AM

I was wondering whether someone would come up with that one.

LostDoggy
07-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Congratulations for being able to slot in training around your work, unfortunately I and others aren't that fortunate.

Me neither. IF we make the GF I've begged & pleaded for the Friday off to go to the parade, but can't do this week. :(

Love it!! :D

bornadog
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM

Copied from WB website, which has also been corrected.

Twodogs
08-09-2010, 10:30 AM

You need a different job.

Greystache
09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I've taken tomorrow as annual leave so I'll head down to training to have a look. I'll probably ride my bike so if any woofers see a tall guy in his late 20's with a bike (and no moustache) come over and say hello.

LostDoggy
09-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Yeah and two men and a dog showed up, piss weak. Go over to Collingwood and there will be 10,000 there because they are passionate.

Mantis, 50 years of going to the footy and I can name maybe 12 years or so we have been in finals, so thats what 38 years of seeing no finals action and I was too young to go to the last GF. I am going to enjoy it while I can even though I know we are an outside chance of winning.:)

Did you count me as one of the men or the dog because of my part-time collar?

Ditto for the rest as well!

bornadog
09-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Did you count me as one of the men or the dog because of my part-time collar?

Ditto for the rest as well!

See you tomorrow then;)

Ozza
10-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Have had a few reports from Whitten oval over the phone;

Lake pretty sore
Johnson moving well
Morris running around like a 2 year old colt
Skills not too flash!
Hooper never misses shots on goal
Easton Wood and Andrejs Everitt taking hangers on the big pads
Mitch Hahn having lots of shots at goal (maybe plays fwd.)

mighty_west
10-09-2010, 01:13 PM

Lake pretty sore
Johnson moving well
Morris running around like a 2 year old colt
Skills not too flash!
Hooper never misses shots on goal
Easton Wood and Andrejs Everitt taking hangers on the big pads
Mitch Hahn having lots of shots at goal (maybe plays fwd.)

Thanks Ozza, seems like Morris may be back next week then [if we win off course], great news.

comrade
10-09-2010, 01:26 PM

Skills not too flash!

Bodes well for the weekend :o

Why is it that our skills degenerate to embarrassing levels when any sort of pressure is applied?

It's the biggest disappointment for me this year.

LostDoggy
10-09-2010, 02:05 PM
The way Morris went I would say he would play next week.

bornadog
10-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Bodes well for the weekend :o

Why is it that our skills degenerate to embarrassing levels when any sort of pressure is applied?

It's the biggest disappointment for me this year.

* I was there today and I thought they looked pretty sharp. PLenty doggies fans there today, in fact the largets I have ever seen at training.

* Ran into a couple of woofers who rarely post these days.

* Scott West, Dimma, Foster, Libba, Hawk were all there.

* Hall, Hahn and Hooper worked together on crumbing off Hall. The ball was kicked high up to Hall and he was punching it down to them so they can crumb and shoot for goal. I thought this was great as Hall isnot a pack mark and if he is swamped by the SWans defenders, then there is a plan of some sorts.

* Roughy was being tested with a few of the medicos standing next to him while he went through a few drills picking up the ball etc.

* The main training on the ground was kicking and running, tackling drill like a pseudo game. Morris was out there and did look pretty good. I thought players were hitting targets and skills were sharp.

* After training the players went straight back in and din't meet the public. I think they are more focused this week.
* Missy and Ayce were out there walking around, not training. Ayce still has a sling on his left arm. Missy talked to people along the fence and signed autographs.

A few people I was talking to said they wouldn't mind seeing us lose so it can be a wake up call to get rid of players. Sorry, I can't endorse that. If we don't make a grand final then a review still needs to take place so we can work out what players are required at the club to take us to the next step.

Bulldog Revolution
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the training insights

A few people I was talking to said they wouldn't mind seeing us lose so it can be a wake up call to get rid of players. Sorry, I can't endorse that. If we don't make a grand final then a review still needs to take place so we can work out what players are required at the club to take us to the next step.

completely agree with you here

If it were to happen I would hate losing, absolute detest it, this is another opportunity for a prelim which is a stones throw from a premiership.

We do need to review what has gone right and wrong in 2010 so that we can plan to improve in 2011

EasternWest
10-09-2010, 02:39 PM
* I was there today and I thought they looked pretty sharp. PLenty doggies fans there today, in fact the largets I have ever seen at training.

* Hall, Hahn and Hooper worked together on crumbing off Hall. The ball was kicked high up to Hall and he was punching it down to them so they can crumb and shoot for goal. I thought this was great as Hall isnot a pack mark and if he is swamped by the SWans defenders, then there is a plan of some sorts.

* Roughy was being tested with a few of the medicos standing next to him while he went through a few drills picking up the ball etc.

* The main training on the ground was kicking and running, tackling drill like a pseudo game. Morris was out there and did look pretty good. I thought players were hitting targets and skills were sharp.

* After training the players went straight back in and din't meet the public. I think they are more focused this week.
* Missy and Ayce were out there walking around, not training. Ayce still has a sling on his left arm. Missy talked to people along the fence and signed autographs.

Thanks BAD. I can't come at this at all. I never, ever want to see my team lose, and I think taking an "I hope they lose, serves them right" attitude makes no sense at all.

Win or lose a thorough 2010 review needs to be completed, no doubt. But I still want to win. In fact I want to steamroll Sydney, I want to steamroll St Kilda and I want to steamroll whoever we play in the GF. I never, ever, ever want to lose.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I was impressed with Morris, he looked very sharp. Only he would know how his back feels, especially in contests, but I'd almost be surprised if he didn't play next week - assuming we win tomorrow night.

Wood was practicingleaping and marking - he can seriously jump.

bornadog
10-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I was impressed with Morris, he looked very sharp. Only he would know how his back feels, especially in contests, but I'd almost be surprised if he didn't play next week - assuming we win tomorrow night.

Wood was practicingleaping and marking - he can seriously jump.

Yeah he got up so high I was scared he was going to hurt himself:p He is an impressive athelete.

SlimPickens
10-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah he got up so high I was scared he was going to hurt himself:p He is an impressive athelete.

Wonder how his leap compares to Goodesy?

LostDoggy
10-09-2010, 04:16 PM

Why oh why couldn't I get today off work?! :D

bornadog
10-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Why oh why couldn't I get today off work?! :D

Next week;)

LostDoggy
10-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Was great to see so many people watching training today, i didnt get to see much training cause i was helping in the bbq, but i did notice Scott Wynd there as well.....

AndrewP6
10-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks BAD, sounds good.. this bit interested me:

Would be interested to know if this has been done at training throughout 2010, one thing I reckon has been sorely lacking.

Remi Moses
10-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Seriously can't believe some of our supporters hope we lose so we'll get rid of some!!
I've got trust in the List Management side of things that they know.

ledge
11-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Wouldnt some go whether we win or lose, cant base a career on one game can you?

MrMahatma
11-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Would've thought that Eagle & Johno are both going. Hahn - who knows. I guess a few guys who may be seen as on the edges are going to be hoping for a good game.

LostDoggy
11-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks BAD, sounds good.. this bit interested me:

Would be interested to know if this has been done at training throughout 2010, one thing I reckon has been sorely lacking.

It has, I've seen it a few times when the full kist has trained together.

LostDoggy
11-09-2010, 09:37 AM
I hope we also practised the art of a forward leading up the ground (with other players creating space behind) so we can kick the ball over his head for someone like Hooper to be so positioned as to run onto it by outpacing his opponent.

azabob
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Would've thought that Eagle & Johno are both going. Hahn - who knows. I guess a few guys who may be seen as on the edges are going to be hoping for a good game.

Wouldn't be suprised if the MC ask both Hahn and Eagleton to play again next year.

Both should retire at years end.

Desipura
11-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Very concerned about tonights game. Lake & Williams looking very proppy at yesterdays training (Lake could hardly walk, let alone run). Williams grimacing with pain was also not good.
I cant recall one player coming out on the front foot and saying anything about tonights game. like we are going to go into tonights game to pay respect to a true legend.

Leon Cameron was our spokesperson and hardly instilled any confidence in me. Sounded like he was trying to be positive by mentioning we still want to win the premiership, sounded more like a throw away line then any sureness to his comment.
Things are too quiet for my liking, hope we let the football do the talking.

LostDoggy
11-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Very concerned about tonights game. Lake & Williams looking very proppty at yesterdays training (Lake could hardly walk, let alone run). Williams grimacing with pain was also not good.
I cant recall one player coming out on the front foot and saying anything about tonights game. like we are going to go into tonights game to pay respect to a true legend.

Leon Cameron was our spokesperson and hardly instilled any confidence in me. Sounded like he was trying to be positive by mentioning we still want to win the premiership, sounded more like a throw away line then any sureness to his comment.
Things are too quiet for my liking, hope we let the football do the talking.

I dont think we are in a position to talk ourselves up Desi and im glad the boys havnt said anything much rather see them focused. The time for talk is over and we will get our shot at the Saints soon enough. We are all concerned because our confidence is just about shot but in 12 hours Ill be drunk and still singing our song and the final star will just about be in place. :)

LostDoggy
11-09-2010, 07:45 PM

Peter Foster sat behind us at a game against Hawthorn a couple of years ago. We were getting touched up and he was just a pain in the backside.

In the end, the people around us were getting so annoyed with his negative comments (especially about Cooney) that some asked him to leave if he wasnt going to support the team instead of continual bagging.

Changed my opinion of him after that ..... so am suprised he went and supported the team yesterday.