PDA

View Full Version : Tackling - disgusting stat on On The Couch

Topdog
07-09-2010, 10:09 AM
We had a group of 11 players that managed to lay a total of 9 tackles between them on the weekend.

In that list were Harbrow, Gilbee and Hargrave who laid a total of 0 tackles.

2 defenders and a defender playing in midfield managed to not lay a tackle for the entire match even though the ball lived in our defensive half. Disgraceful.

LostDoggy
07-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Quite disgusting indeed.

And we actually out-tackled Collingwood 58-55

bornadog
07-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Quite disgusting indeed.

Thats the way the game was played. We played a similar style last year in round 22 when both sides only had less than 40 tackles each. This time it didn't work

Topdog
07-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Quite disgusting indeed.

Yeah I believe 3 of our players got 22 tackles.

Desipura
07-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Thats the way the game was played. We played a similar style last year in round 22 when both sides only had less than 40 tackles each. This time it didn't work

Stats will show that the tackle count goes up in finals.

chef
07-09-2010, 11:44 AM

Yep, it was Cross, Boyd and Picken. Gia and Eago also had 5 each.

LostDoggy
07-09-2010, 11:45 AM

Thats right. Cross 8, Boyd 6, Picken 6.

3 players picking up a third of our tackle count, not good enough.

bornadog
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Stats will show that the tackle count goes up in finals.

thats the trouble, they didn't.

The Pie Man
08-09-2010, 12:34 AM
The vision they showed of Boyd, Cross, Shaggy & Picken all pointing at eachother to pick up Swan at the stoppage and no-one does was the worst bit. That was embarassing.

Really embarassing. :(

Mantis
08-09-2010, 08:56 AM
The vision they showed of Boyd, Cross, Shaggy & Picken all pointing at each other to pick up Swan at the stoppage and no-one does was the worst bit. That was embarassing.

Really embarassing. :(

We would have the highest number of finger pointers in the game and it isn't just in the midfield, it's all over the ground.

The Pie Man
08-09-2010, 10:11 AM
We would have the highest number of finger pointers in the game and it isn't just in the midfield, it's all over the ground.

Yep, there's evidence to support that (Boyd/Gilbee verbal earler this year another example)

And then no-one wants to do what the other guy is asking either - in the vision shown, Swan has 3-5 metres on his nearest Bulldog, and he collected posession from the stoppage with ease.

Mantis
08-09-2010, 10:28 AM
And then no-one wants to do what the other guy is asking either - in the vision shown, Swan has 3-5 metres on his nearest Bulldog, and he collected posession from the stoppage with ease.

Do you get the feeling that it is a bit of 'If you won't push yourself to pick him up why the hell should I?'

The Pie Man
08-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Do you get the feeling that it is a bit of 'If you won't push yourself to pick him up why the hell should I?'

It would explain the attempt at instruction being largely ignored. Disappointing, but not something that can't be fixed... though they are running out of time

anfo27
08-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Tackling has been a problem for years.

I heard Boyd talking about tackling last week and he said 'its not about how many tackles you lay, its more about the intent to tackle'. Thats what people say when they can't tackle.

Sockeye Salmon
08-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Tackling has been a problem for years.

I heard Boyd talking about tackling last week and he said 'its not about how many tackles you lay, its more about the intent to tackle'. Thats what people say when they can't tackle.

Crap. Even if you don't lay a tackle, putting pressure on the guy with the ball and forcing him to rush his disposal is just as important but it doesn't get counted as a stat.

1eyedog
08-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Crap. Even if you don't lay a tackle, putting pressure on the guy with the ball and forcing him to rush his disposal is just as important but it doesn't get counted as a stat.

Yes it does, it's just not an individual one. It's called a turnover.

Grantysghost
11-09-2010, 10:24 AM
I thought the fact we penetrated Collingwood's defensive kick in zone 3 times out of 22 was an amazing illustration of the game. Only once did we get into our forward 50 from a kick in.