PDA

View Full Version : The next 7 weeks and sleeping at night

firstdogonthemoon
18-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Wondering if people would be so kind as to share their predictions for the rest of the season. I am not entirely comfortable with my own limited understanding of how we will go as it looks kind of bleak. And then there is Rohan Connolly.

Here are my predictions.

Geelong - Oh dear
West Coast - um
St Kilda - noooooooo
Melbourne - Well its kind of like a sort of you know...
Adelaide - aagh!
Hawthorn - eek
Kangaroos - you %##@#!!!

Cyberdoggie
18-07-2007, 04:40 PM
i'm tipping us for a win against geelong,
basically cos i think we are fairly even sides head to head even if they are on top of the ladder. The difference is we need to win this one and they don't. Also they haven't lost for a while and some of their players may be thinking "finals" around this time.

we'll smash west coast, they are junk at the moment
saints are a problem
melbourne are always a problem
adelaide over there will be tricky
we'll beat hawthorn again
and the last one is 50/50, which means i'll tip us.

Sockeye Salmon
18-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Geelong - miles clear on top and firmly focused on the finals already, ripe for the taking
West Coast - are playing like poo. Might be a chance to rest a few before the real stuff starts. We'll win easily.
St. Kilda - any finals chance they might have had will be long gone. Disheartened and will roll over.
Melbourne - are second bottom for a reason.
Adelaide - Over there they may give us some competition but I expect we'll win a close one.
Hawthorn and North are both crap but haven't realised it, I might send them an email to remind them. Once they find out they're no good i wouldn't expect them to put up much of a show.

bornadog
18-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Geelong - WIN,
West Coast - WIN
St Kilda - We have lost the last three at the dome against this mob - Loss
Melbourne - WIN
Adelaide - Loss
Hawthorn - WIN
Kangaroos - At TD - WIN

but I am the eternal optimist

That would give us 15 wins - one less than my start of season prediction and maybe fourth spot;)

firstdogonthemoon
18-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Geelong - miles clear on top and firmly focused on the finals already, ripe for the taking
West Coast - are playing like poo. Might be a chance to rest a few before the real stuff starts. We'll win easily.
St. Kilda - any finals chance they might have had will be long gone. Disheartened and will roll over.
Adelaide - Over there they may give us some competition but I expect we'll win a close one.
Hawthorn and North are both crap but haven't realised it, I might send them an email to remind them. Once they find out they're no good i wouldn't expect them to put up much of a show.

So you have us winning the next 7!

Excellent.

Go_Dogs
19-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Let's hope your right SS, I'm becoming increasingly confident about tomorrow night for some reason. I was up sick all of last night though, perhaps I'm delirious.

Bulldog Revolution
19-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Geelong - loss - we just haven't been solid enough to honestly tip us, but I am hopeful the squad will fire under the lights of friday night footy - I haven't been able to go for a few weeks and am really excited to see us in action.

WC - win - but hard fought win, the eagles will lift over the next few weeks on the back of the port debacle

St Kilda - season defining win, its been a long time since we beat them and its time

Melbourne - win - convincing victory against a group whose wheels have fallen off

Adelaide - loss - same as geelong, we just haven't been solid enough to tip an aami win, but the crows have been up and down all year, so we are not without a shot, but can we kick enough goals against them?

Hawthorn - win - one of the games of the year, a nailbiting win on the back of a higgins snapped goal

North - win - too slick for north at the dome, they fight hard, but we have none of the mental lapses that cost us last time.

I am feeling optimistic: The key for me is winning 2 of the next 3 games and then beating the melbourne based teams at the dome.

To me it is unacceptable to be dropping games to Melbourne, Hawthorn and North at the Dome - completely unacceptable - I realise the Hawks and Kangas are good sides, but I cannot accept that we will lose to them.

LostDoggy
19-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm like Jim.
I don't think we will ever lose again anytime in the future ;)
How boring.

Raw Toast
19-07-2007, 01:06 PM

It's taken me ages but I've finally realised who you are - welcome to the board Mr Walker :)

LostDoggy
19-07-2007, 01:08 PM
It's taken me ages but I've finally realised who you are - welcome to the board Mr Walker :)

I thought it was Scooter but I might be wrong. It does sound like a Mr Walker p take though.
Whoever it is I agree. Never to lose again.

Heard that "both crap but haven't realised it yet" line before.

bornadog
19-07-2007, 01:36 PM
So you have us winning the next 7!

Excellent.

We have the capability, but do we have the excecution?

Sockeye Salmon
19-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I am in fact Scooter600x and I thought the "they're both crap but don't realise it" line was original. Oh well.

And I don't think there would be anything boring about winning every game forever.

**** the rest of them.

OK then. I'll give one other mob a chance once a year just for the intrigue.

Twodogs
20-07-2007, 09:00 AM
OK then. I'll give one other mob a chance once a year just for the intrigue.

Soft, mate.

firstdogonthemoon
20-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Soft, mate.

Soft?

How about all you people wandering into my nice thread and not bothering to put your heads over the line and your bodies on the ball and make any predictions for the next 7 weeks? That is soft - soft and squishy!

I am not doing this to be nice or make conversation, I am trying to work out if I should launch myself into a depressive fit and give up everything because we are going to be hounded from pillar to goal post between now and round 22, or If I should be wandering about and smugly mocking all my friends and relations.

Which I would do anyway. But still.......

Bulldog Revolution
20-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Soft?

How about all you people wandering into my nice thread and not bothering to put your heads over the line and your bodies on the ball and make any predictions for the next 7 weeks? That is soft - soft and squishy!

I am not doing this to be nice or make conversation, I am trying to work out if I should launch myself into a depressive fit and give up everything because we are going to be hounded from pillar to goal post between now and round 22, or If I should be wandering about and smugly mocking all my friends and relations.

Which I would do anyway. But still.......

Agreed

this is time capsule stuff and whilst I enjoy & hope for Sockeyes 10 straight - I presume it was just an oversight he left out the finals campaign

I think its time for people to pony up and lets see what happens so that when we do the end of year woof board awards we know exactly who the psychics are

Sockeye Salmon
20-07-2007, 03:33 PM
...put your heads over the line and your bodies on the ball ...

That should be "bodies on the line and head over the ball"...