PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary Final - WOOF Selection Table

becmatty
11-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Yeeeeehhaaaaaaaaarrrrrr!

Great win!

Now, let us turn our attention to St Kilda.

In: Morris (if fit)

Out: Addison or Hahn

comrade
11-09-2010, 11:23 PM
In: Morris, Jones
Out: Addison, Hahn

Eagleton lucky that Moles didn't have a big one.

Rance Fan
11-09-2010, 11:36 PM
In: Morris, Everitt
Out Hahn, ..?

Saints will run off our forwards so Hahn out.
Addison to stay as defensive forward on Gram
Who goes to Goddard... Everitt?

Hotdog60
11-09-2010, 11:41 PM
In: Morris, Everitt
Out Hahn, ..?

The only thing is from reports Everitt didn't do himself any favors today.

cambo
11-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Out: Grant Hahn
In Moles Morris

Oh the blood pressure and heart rate! boy that was scary but a bloody good feeling at the end. Well done boys!!! please please please be at the top of your game next week!
I have faith i booked my flights from WA to Melb 4 weeks ago to watch our beloved dogs in the GF

boydogs
11-09-2010, 11:44 PM

Wood I reckon

Out: Addison
In: Morris

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-09-2010, 11:47 PM
In: Morris, EverittOut Hahn, ..?

What makes you think Everitt will come back in?

From the VFL report today not to mention his recent performances I don't think he will come close to being selected.

Throughandthrough
11-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Eagleton was a solidcontributor in the last quarter tonight. Definitely got right amongst it.

Deserves another game for mine, for sure.

I cant see the glove being fit enough to beselected, especially with the position he plays. Sadly.

boydogs
11-09-2010, 11:54 PM
I cant see the glove being fit enough to beselected, especially with the position he plays. Sadly.

Has he really missed that much training? It's not a soft tissue injury we are talking about here, which stops you from maintaining your fitness levels

Throughandthrough
11-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Has he really missed that much training? It's not a soft tissue injury we are talking about here, which stops you from maintaining your fitness levels

I meant that if his back is still a bit "tender", the hardest thing would be to play with his arms above his shoulders punching or marking. But i hope i;m wrong...

Rance Fan
11-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Oh didnt hear how Everitt went.
Just need some height, run and presssure up forward against the Saints.
Will we get that from Hahn, Johnno, Baz, Gia, Grant...??
Maybe Wood up forward will do the job, esp. against Goddard.

Nerves....just glad we won a close one!

Swoop
12-09-2010, 12:04 AM
What did people think of Daniel Cross' bump on Jude Bolton? Personally I didn't think there was much in it, both players got low, had eyes for the football and it looks like contact was made to the shoulder first. Also you could argue that there was a last minute change of direction caused by the Swan team mate pushing Bolton.

Will the match review panel look at this incident and if so, should we be concerned?

Throughandthrough
12-09-2010, 12:20 AM
What did people think of Daniel Cross' bump on Jude Bolton? Personally I didn't think there was much in it, both players got low, had eyes for the football and it looks like contact was made to the shoulder first. Also you could argue that there was a last minute change of direction caused by the Swan team mate pushing Bolton.

Will the match review panel look at this incident and if so, should we be concerned?

Wasn't really clear on TV for mine, but the Sydney Cheer Squad correction the Commentators thought it was ok, so i'll take that.

NB lol at the Swans kicking a goal, then being 7 points or so behind, and one of the Commentators declaring that Sydney had taken the lead...

Scorlibo
12-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Out: Hahn

Out Hahn

Oh come on are you guys serious? Are you blind? Surely you noticed how important one Mitch Hahn was to our revival in the third and fourth quarters? His power runs and long kicking, his desperation in close? He was played in position and well and truly showed his value to the team. There is no chance of him being dropped after tonight.

stefoid
12-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I saw Hooper leading a few times, but 172cm guys shouldnt be leading for the ball with a guy hard on his hammer. Did he rove a ground ball or lay a tackle all night? Im happy for him, but the MC is being sentimental enough already. We need 22 contributers to have a hope against the saints.

Would give Jones another go maybe, and drop Hooper.

We need ball users, who can we bring in that can use the ball?

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Out: Hooper

Mantis
12-09-2010, 12:33 AM

He will play.

Doc26
The only thing is from reports Everitt didn't do himself any favors today.

I've been one that has been keen for Andrejs's to be given more of a go by the MC.
However he was very ordinary today against the Bullants. His lack of intensity to get himself into the game stood out. On that performance he's undeserving.

Scorlibo

Ditto. Morris will be playing injured, but it at the moment it seems riskier to play an untried player on Riewoldt than to play an injured player on Riewoldt.

boydogs
12-09-2010, 12:34 AM

I'm sure it will be looked at but I can't see him being suspended. Addison's hit on Kirk was worse IMO, cut his face open

I meant that if his back is still a bit "tender", the hardest thing would be to play with his arms above his shoulders punching or marking. But i hope i;m wrong...

Fair call

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 12:37 AM
He will play.

What makes you so sure?
But I o hope you are right.

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Ditto. Morris will be playing injured, but it at the moment it seems riskier to play an untried player on Riewoldt than to play an injured player on Riewoldt.

Thought Hooper looked a little off the pace & lost out there tonight, in patches.

Not sure about taking him into a prelim, i think he has something more to offer down the track though.

Mantis
12-09-2010, 12:40 AM
What makes you so sure?

It's like the mafia.... I received the 'nod'.

Raw Toast
12-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Oh come on are you guys serious? Are you blind? Surely you noticed how important one Mitch Hahn was to our revival in the third and fourth quarters? His power runs and long kicking, his desperation in close? He was played in position and well and truly showed his value to the team. There is no chance of him being dropped after tonight.

We must have been watching another game. Hahn's desperation and intensity was wonderful but he really lacked composure with the ball for mine, his decision-making was poor, and for all his trying he couldn't keep up with any of his opponents which meant Sydney often had a free player coming out of defense.

I'd bring Morris in and drop Hahn. If Morris doesn't come up I'd bring in Jones or Moles. I've been a very big fan of Mitch's but this is no time for sentiment as another poster mentioned, and I really struggle to see how he can keep his place in the team.

I don't think I'd make any other changes (unless of course something is forced). From what I've heard and read, no one impressed enough at Williamstown to take Eagleton's place, and that was a very important match for Willi.

IMO opinion no one other than Hahn needs to be dropped, and those below have not used their opportunities to shine at the lower level. Grant was awful for the first half (on top of last week) but he came into the game in the second half, did some important things, and is super important for our structure and flexibility imo. I think he'll be better for the run.

Mantis
12-09-2010, 12:44 AM
I wouldn't be taking Hooper in next week. He was ordinary (no less ordinary Grant, but Grant has prior form)

Doc26
12-09-2010, 12:44 AM

Yes he did get involved in a few important passages of play in the second half but over the four quarters Hahn was poor. He is off the pace of the game and noticed the Swans would often play through him when given the opportunity.

The Doctor
12-09-2010, 12:48 AM
In: Morris, Moles

Out: Hooper, Hahn

Hooper is out of his depth at this stage. Moles in for him to offer some extra run. Hahn was better but still struggling.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2010, 12:50 AM
I wouldn't be taking Hooper in next week. He was ordinary (no less ordinary Grant, but Grant has prior form)

I agree with this. Good on the lad for getting a taste of finals foot, but if we had've lost I think several of us would've lamented the risky decision to debut him in a big game.
Who comes in for Hooper, if Morris is given the okay by the surgeon to play, i can't see it being a straight swap for Hooper. We will need another forward who has some toe. Would it be almost as big a risk as the Hooper call to bring in Jones?
And if not Jones for Hooper- then who? Moles?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2010, 12:52 AM

Hooper is out of his depth at this stage. Moles in for him to offer some extra run. Hahn was better but still struggling.

I just can't see Eade pulling the pin on Hahn at this stage, he's stuck with him this far I'm just not sure he'll do it now.

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 12:55 AM
I just can't see Eade pulling the pin on Hahn at this stage, he's stuck with him this far I'm just not sure he'll do it now.

Spot on.

The Coon Dog
12-09-2010, 01:05 AM
If Morris plays & I was Lyon, I'd get Kositschke to cannon into the back of him very early on & do it often. Dale, if he plays must be prepared for this.

boydogs
12-09-2010, 01:08 AM
I saw Hooper leading a few times, but 172cm guys shouldnt be leading for the ball with a guy hard on his hammer. Did he rove a ground ball or lay a tackle all night? Im happy for him, but the MC is being sentimental enough already. We need 22 contributers to have a hope against the saints.

Would give Jones another go maybe, and drop Hooper.

We need ball users, who can we bring in that can use the ball?

Thought Hooper looked a little off the pace & lost out there tonight, in patches.

Not sure about taking him into a prelim, i think he has something more to offer down the track though.

I thought Hooper was good. Not involved enough, but I loved his willingness to chase and contest. Kicked an important goal, you couldn't say he was overawed. Jarrad Grant seemed too meek and mild tonight for mine, he would be the first forward I would drop if Jones, Everitt or Hill stood up for Willy but they didn't

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Out: Hooper, Cross (Suspended)

boydogs
12-09-2010, 01:12 AM
I saw Hooper leading a few times, but 172cm guys shouldnt be leading for the ball with a guy hard on his hammer.

Don't see why not, has good acceleration and got 2 frees from his opponent having to manhandle him to prevent him from marking or winning the ball

We do need a crumber down there which is not his forte, but nothing wrong with leading up IMO

The Coon Dog
12-09-2010, 01:13 AM

If Cross is suspended the game is officially soft, was bumped into Bolton.

G-Mo77
12-09-2010, 01:14 AM

I don't know I thought he did OK. Didn't get a hell of a lot of possessions but did some pretty good things. He's another guy who has no respect for his body and that is something I would like to have in the team.

What is Crossy getting suspended for Arkie? No way Moles gets back in after his performance today.

Doc26
12-09-2010, 01:16 AM

I thought there was enough to indicate he would be OK.

For one Cross rebounded off Jack immediately prior to his hit on Bolton.

bornadog
12-09-2010, 01:27 AM
I acn't believe posters are calling for Moles to come in, no thank you.

Out; Hooper

I would prefer if Hahn was dropped but I can't see the MC doing it. I would bring in Jones for Hahn.

AndrewP6
12-09-2010, 02:19 AM

I'd think the risk of further damage through impact would be a greater danger than his overall fitness.

boydogs
12-09-2010, 02:25 AM
I'd think the risk of further damage through impact would be a greater danger than his overall fitness.

I agree with that

Remi Moses
12-09-2010, 02:55 AM

I Agee

KT31
12-09-2010, 03:01 AM
I Agee

Think Hoopers pace wou;d be great against the Saints.
In Morris
Out Hahn

Scorlibo
12-09-2010, 03:09 AM
We must have been watching another game. Hahn's desperation and intensity was wonderful but he really lacked composure with the ball for mine, his decision-making was poor, and for all his trying he couldn't keep up with any of his opponents which meant Sydney often had a free player coming out of defense.

I'd bring Morris in and drop Hahn. If Morris doesn't come up I'd bring in Jones or Moles. I've been a very big fan of Mitch's but this is no time for sentiment as another poster mentioned, and I really struggle to see how he can keep his place in the team.

We really must have, I thought Mitch's work to keep his feet and drive the ball forward was nothing short of heroic at times, when the game got so gritty. He showed the tremendous value he holds in tight, and against St Kilda this will be super important.

Yes he did get involved in a few important passages of play in the second half but over the four quarters Hahn was poor. He is off the pace of the game and noticed the Swans would often play through him when given the opportunity.

If I were to rank the 22 from tonight, over the four quarters:

1 - Murphy
2 - Cross
3 - Hall
4 - Griffen
5 - Hudson
6 - Harbrow
7 - Boyd
8 - Gilbee
9 - Ward
10 - Giansiracusa
11 - Hargrave
12 - Picken
13 - Hahn
14 - Eagleton
15 - Johnson
16 - Addison
17 - Wood
18 - Minson
19 - Lake
20 - Williams
21 - Hooper
22 - Grant

I think that's a pretty honest assessment. If Hahn slots comfortably into the middle of the pack, why is everyone on his back instead of the 10 odd players below him? (And this happens regularly)

I thought there was enough to indicate he would be OK.

For one Cross rebounded off Jack immediately prior to his hit on Bolton.

And the contact wasn't with the head, and the ball was in the immediate vicinity, and Cross was going for the ball and simply carried his momentum into the oncoming player. There's no case to answer for.

Jasper
12-09-2010, 08:10 AM
We really must have, I thought Mitch's work to keep his feet and drive the ball forward was nothing short of heroic at times.

I do agree there were players who were just as poor as Hahn, Addison's turnovers were critical (and was he playing on Malceski, if so he did not go close to shutting him down). Grant was poor, as was Hooper, but they both stood up at critical points to kick goals. Hooper's goal, (and Murphy's move fwd) turned the game....

And what did Mitch do under pressure?

Did your rose coloured glasses allow you to see the bit of play deep in the last quarter where Eagle handballed to Hahn who promptly panicked and handballed straight to a Sydney player and nearly cost us a goal...?

I imagine you didn't see the amount of times Sydney played through Mitch's (and Johnno's) man and run it out of the backline??

Personally thought Minson played well. he clunked a few marks, he didn't turn it over much, and laid game saving tackle (without giving a free) in the last quarter. Lake did his job,Eagle wasn't that bad...you're rankings are a bit off....

Not that it matters, the only person who loves Mitch more than you is Eade and that's what matters..

What I hope:

In: Morris (if fit)

MC

Oh and I watched a fair bit of the Willi game, Stack and Hill are a long way off. Roughead got smashed by Jacobs, and Everitt was patchy...so really Eade doesn't have many options. Although I seriously question Eade's ability to develop different personalities which has resulted in the cupboard being so barren.

Bumper Bulldogs
12-09-2010, 08:35 AM
For me I would drop Addison and Hooper and bring in Morris and Moles.

I think that Mitch is good for us at 1/2 forward and should be the lock in forward and allow Murphy to do this thing around the ground.

The smoky is do we drop Grant for Jones. he has looked shell shocked the last two weeks and not getting his hands on it or laying tackles. Jones would have more defensive pressure than Grant.

Good win and bring on the saints.

comrade
12-09-2010, 08:36 AM
14 - Eagleton: He's selected as a linebreaking midfielder so not a like comparison. Moles breathing down his neck
15 - Johnson: He probably shouldn't be playing either but he's not going to be dropped
16 - Addison: Form hasn't been great and should make way if Morris is fit
17 - Wood: Destroyed TDL who has been in good form. Definitely played a more effective game than Mitch
18 - Minson: Ruckman
19 - Lake: Carrying, but critical to our structure
20 - Williams: Carrying, but critical to our structure
21 - Hooper: First gamer. Small forward so not really a like comparison
22 - Grant: Overwhelmed to this point but has an attribute in short supply in our forward 50 - pace

Most of the above players are either irrelevant comparisons or required components of our structure.

As far as Mitch's place in the team (based on your rankings), he was our second worst mid-sized/third tall with the only 'like' player who had a similar game to him being Johnson (though he was much better this week). We all know he isn't going to be omitted, therefore Mitch is first in line.

We need a third tall who can chase and harass, split the St Kilda defence and actually clunk a few. Mitch has the mobility of a sub par KPP in a mid sized forwards body. A few blocks here and there aren't enough.

To say he was critical in the 2nd / 3rd qtr fightback is selling the efforts of Boyd, Murphy, Cross, Gia etc way too short and makes you come across as a close Hahn relative.

Liam Jones must come in.

Mantis
12-09-2010, 08:38 AM
In: Morris, Moles, Jones

Out: Hooper, Hahn, Eagleton

BulldogBelle
12-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Most of the above players are either irrelevant comparisons or required components of our structure.

As far as Mitch's place in the team (based on your rankings), he was our second worst mid-sized/third tall with the only 'like' player who had a similar game to him being Johnson (though he was much better this week). We all know he isn't going to be omitted, therefore Mitch is first in line.

We need a third tall who can chase and harass, split the St Kilda defence and actually clunk a few. Mitch has the mobility of a sub par KPP in a mid sized forwards body. A few blocks here and there aren't enough.

To say he was critical in the 2nd / 3rd qtr fightback is selling the efforts of Boyd, Murphy, Cross, Gia etc way too short and makes you come across as a close Hahn relative.

Liam Jones must come in.

Great post Comrade. You are spot on. Seemingly we are the ONLY top 4 team that has a predominately "Best 22" attitude to selection, and it needs to change. Hoopers selection was a great example of what we should be doing. Certainly not "best 22" at this stage, but best small pacy forward pocket that that play a very specific roll.

The Underdog
12-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Out: Hahn, Hooper

My reasoning is simple.
I'm not a huge fan of Moles but we are already carrying Johnson as a defensive liability when the opposition are moving the ball downfield and he's not going to be dropped. We can't afford Hahn as well. I think we need fit runners and while Moles was average in the Willy game, he's clearly the only midfielder capable of coming into the team at this point.
I think we need the extra flexibility and run.
I need to watch the game back again but our lack of depth means Eagleton gets the chance to fail again in a big game next week. Throwing Hooper in against the Saints in a Prelim is probably too big an ask.

comrade
12-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Out: Hahn, Hooper

My reasoning is simple.
I'm not a huge fan of Moles but we are already carrying Johnson as a defensive liability when the opposition are moving the ball downfield and he's not going to be dropped. We can't afford Hahn as well. I think we need fit runners and while Moles was average in the Willy game, he's clearly the only midfielder capable of coming into the team at this point.
I think we need the extra flexibility and run.
I need to watch the game back again but our lack of depth means Eagleton gets the chance to fail again in a big game next week. Throwing Hooper in against the Saints in a Prelim is probably too big an ask.

Good reasoning and I'd be comfortable if those were the selections.

Mantis
12-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Good reasoning and I'd be comfortable if those were the selections.

We need more height & strength in attack than what those selections will give us.

comrade
12-09-2010, 09:48 AM
We need more height & strength in attack than what those selections will give us.

Jones can clunk marks and would help to split the defensive unit but we also need as much running power as possible, which means we yet again give Eagleton a get out of jail card.

If the MC keep Eagleton (which is likely), who goes out for Jones if Hahn is out for Morris, and Hooper is out for Moles?

Mantis
12-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Jones can clunk marks and would help to split the defensive unit but we also need as much running power as possible, which means we yet again give Eagleton a get out of jail card.

If the MC keep Eagleton (which is likely), who goes out for Jones if Hahn is out for Morris, and Hooper is out for Moles?

Minson? We need to take a risk and I believe Jones must play.

A forwardline of Hall & Grant as our tall forwards will get torn apart by the St.Kilda defence.

Anyway Eagleton shouldn't play. He has been woeful in our 2 most recent games against St.Kilda and his field kicking was shoddy at best last night.

GVGjr
12-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Is anyone concerned that Grants 2 finals performances have been very poor?

EasternWest
12-09-2010, 10:29 AM

The biggest concern for me is that Kennelly ran him ragged. It was a great move from Eade to switch Gilbee on to him late in the game.

It's been a long year for Jarrad, and I think it's catching up to him. He looked better in the second half and I'd imagine they'll keep the faith with him. Would like to see him get his hands on the ball early next week. Looks like he's very conscious of the fact that it's finals footy, rather than just applying himself to doing what he's done well all year.

Mantis
12-09-2010, 10:32 AM

Yep, it's a massive concern. He just looks lost out there at present.

The Coon Dog
12-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Yep, it's a massive concern. He just looks lost out there at present.

Almost overawed.

ReLoad
12-09-2010, 10:52 AM
No Change.

Willy was rubbish today, nobody on our list even remotely pretended they wanted to be selected for the seniors.

Its pretty obvious we have some trade bait flying around at Willy.

mighty_west
12-09-2010, 11:04 AM
No Change.

Willy was rubbish today, nobody on our list even remotely pretended they wanted to be selected for the seniors.

You don't want Dale Morris back in?

The Coon Dog
12-09-2010, 11:07 AM
No Change.Willy was rubbish today, nobody on our list even remotely pretended they wanted to be selected for the seniors.

I thought Jones was OK.

That's a problem too, likely to get SFA for the lot of 'em.

mighty_west
12-09-2010, 11:10 AM
IN : Morris, Moles
OUT : Hahn, Eagleton

Whilst Moles can butcher the ball, he is a bit more inside than Eagleton, his job is done, Nathan is best for the "easier games" that allow us to use our run.

Hahn, wtf was he doing there last night?, he looked to be in no mans land for most of the game, he was indecisive & no mobility what so ever, i fear he will be kept for his hard body in a tight game v Saints, but i just think he will get exposed big time.

Morris in is a no brainer.

Mofra
12-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I almost agree, but I think Jones worked hard and took a couple of fantastic marks.
He would split the Saints defence and give Hall a one-out with Zac, and lets be honest here - if Hall doesn't kick 4 or 5 we don't have a hope.

Desipura
12-09-2010, 11:31 AM
In: Morris & Jones
Out: Addison & Hooper

Flamethrower
12-09-2010, 12:14 PM
We need another target across CHF. Liam Jones would give us this as well as being able to put pressure on the St Kilda half back line - if we leave it to Johnno, Merlin and Mitch like last night, Gilbert, Fisher, Goddard and others will destroy us (and Baz will be triple teamed). If Roughy was fit, he would have been an option for this role too, but after watching him closely yesterday he just isn't right.

If Morris is ok he must come in because Tom Williams will get smashed by Riewoldt - Tom hates playing on leading forwards - Goodes made him look silly last night.

Ins: Liam Jones, Dale Morris (if fit)

Out: In the gun depending on match ups - Mitch Hahn, Dylan Addison, Andrew Hooper, Nathan Eagleton.

The other Bulldog players who represented Williamstown yesterday were very disappointing and really didn't do themselves any favours in terms of promotion. Brodie Moles is the only other player who may come in if the MC want another hard nut around the ball, but this is one area where we don't lack numbers.

SlimPickens
12-09-2010, 12:16 PM
In: Morris, Moles, Jones

Out: Hooper, Hahn, Eagleton

Like this, although i would try to keep Hooper in. Will be a lot of high balls going into our forward line. Reckon Hooper would be handy at the feet of Bazza and Jones.

LongWait
12-09-2010, 12:19 PM
In: Morris, Jones
Out: Hahn, Eagleton

Yeah...like that's gonna happen!

My reasoning is that we lack another forward marking option to Hall who can also place defensive pressure on the Saints' rebounding half-back. Hahn can't deliver that - Jones might. Eagleton's kicking was/is now absolutely pathetic and without this going for him, he is a liability. The gut-busting running is rarely sighted now and so without consistent penetration and accuracy in his kick, Eagleton makes way for Morris, who is an automatic selection if fit enough.

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Lakey on TSFS saying he thinks Morris has a 70% chance to come back.

I can't see more than 1-2 changes. And unfortunately I can't see Hahn/Eagleton coming out of the side.

Mantis
12-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Lakey on TSFS saying he thinks Morris has a 70% chance to come back.

I can't see more than 1-2 changes. And unfortunately I can't see Hahn/Eagleton coming out of the side.

If that's the case I can't see us winning.

azabob
12-09-2010, 12:57 PM
If that's the case I can't see us winning.

Do you honestly believe Eagleton and or Hahn will be dropped?

The problem is Moles did not much in the VFL, the only hope is they drop Hahn for Jones but I don't think they will.

They should but they won't.

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 12:58 PM

I dont want Hooper to go out I wanna see them guns pump the air again!

Morris comes in and the final star will have aligned. I have been waiting for a shot at the Saints for weeks and finally I get my wish. OOHRAH THE FFC!

Mantis
12-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Do you honestly believe Eagleton and or Hahn will be dropped?

The problem is Moles did not much in the VFL, the only hope is they drop Hahn for Jones but I don't think they will.

They should but they won't.

I hope the MC are brave enough to make the tough call.

Hahn should have had his final chance last night and didn't take it.

G-Mo77
12-09-2010, 01:19 PM
I hope the MC are brave enough to make the tough call.

Hahn should have had his final chance last night and didn't take it.

I agree Hahn was very poor in the first half but thought his second half was pretty good. Eagleton as well.

Rocco Jones
12-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I think the MC are so sold on Hahn that they will look for any form of validation to keep him in. He was played well the last two times we have played the Saints, one being a prelim. That will be enough to keep him in.

Mantis
12-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I agree Hahn was very poor in the first half but thought his second half was pretty good. Eagleton as well.

Eagleton's field kicking was very poor, even under minimal pressure. The pressure will increase next week and I can't see it improving.

Hahn didn't touch it up forward and it will get no easier against St.Kilda's miserly defence, Hahn just doesn't have the pace to get seperation on the lead or to apply pressure... Stick a fork in him.

bornadog
12-09-2010, 01:34 PM

Morris will be having a medico check up this week to ensure his back is ok. If it is ok, he must come in.

divvydan
12-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Is Jones fit enough to play? Noticed he copped a bit of an injury in the VFL game, seemed to be hobbling around somewhat with an upper leg injury. Not sure how he pulled up after the game.

ReLoad
12-09-2010, 01:46 PM

Of course I do as long as there is Zero chance of him doing more damage to himself.

Realistically given his injury and just how hard he is at it, with his unrelenting throwing himself into contests, i dont think its a good thing.

We all know how the saints play and they will do everything to get into him, at every opportunity.

Scorlibo
12-09-2010, 01:59 PM

I'm concerned at his performances but I'm not convinced it's because of finals. You can see his confidence and intensity ebb and flow during a game, and probably as a result of his 6 goals against Essendon, he's received more attention, less of the pill and he's also dropped his intensity dramatically. However, in the latter part of last night's game he appeared to lift that intensity, kick a great goal, set up another and lay a very important tackle. He looked like he was getting some confidence back.

I just hope he can pull a few tricks out of the bag against St Kilda.

bornadog
12-09-2010, 02:08 PM

I dont want Hooper to go out I wanna see them guns pump the air again!

Morris comes in and the final star will have aligned. I have been waiting for a shot at the Saints for weeks and finally I get my wish. OOHRAH THE FFC!

I thought Addison played well last night, even though he made a few errors, he threw himself at everything, just ask Captain Kirk.

LostDoggy
12-09-2010, 02:39 PM
In Morris Jones
Out Hahn Hooper

Cant drop Addison was very good last night

Doc26
12-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Eagleton's field kicking was very poor, even under minimal pressure. The pressure will increase next week and I can't see it improving.

Hahn didn't touch it up forward and it will get no easier against St.Kilda's miserly defence, Hahn just doesn't have the pace to get seperation on the lead or to apply pressure... Stick a fork in him.

It's a shame his (Eagleton's) delivery by foot is so poor as unlike some at his age he hasn't lost the same level of pace. He too often just seems to bang it on the foot without first spotting someone up and thinking about his delivery to them. I feel it's more laziness than poor skill but either way it hurts us terribly with his tendency to turn the ball over. For too long he undoes his good work in gaining running possession to have the ball back in the hands of the opposition.

Mitch's inclusion is just too perplexing for me to rationalise. Fortunately alcohol exists to deaden the pain.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2010, 06:32 PM
IN: Morris, Jones, Moles
OUT: Hahn, Addison, Eagleton

- Addison is unlucky. He did some good things, but he also made some bad errors. I'd like to keep him in the side, but I'm not sure who else they could drop. Possibly Hooper, but I wouldn't mind backing the kid in again.

- Hall, Grant, Jones and Hooper gives us a better structure. Nice blend of attack and defensive pressure.

- Moles to replace Eagleton, who as others have said, was woeful under minimal pressure at times.

- Pray for Morris to get the all clear!

Doc26
12-09-2010, 06:58 PM
IN: Morris, Jones, Moles
OUT: Hahn, Addison, Eagleton

- Addison is unlucky. He did some good things, but he also made some bad errors. I'd like to keep him in the side, but I'm not sure who else they could drop. Possibly Hooper, but I wouldn't mind backing the kid in again.

- Hall, Grant, Jones and Hooper gives us a better structure. Nice blend of attack and defensive pressure.

- Moles to replace Eagleton, who as others have said, was woeful under minimal pressure at times.

- Pray for Morris to get the all clear!

In: Morris, Maybe Jones
Out: Addison, Hahn

Unfortunately I still don't believe Moles has done enough to displace Eagleton. Moles doesn't get enough of it nor use it well enough when he does although arguably this may still be a better combination of Eagleton getting a lot of it and turning it over as many times. Still Eagleton for mine although I wouldn't lose sleep if the MC did see it in their wisdom to look for a better match up as Nathan is very much at the fringe this week.

I love Addison's attitude and desire but I'm haunted by the thought of him disposing it. With his tenacity, and although too late for this season, maybe the MC could try to reinvent him into a tight in and under type rather than endeavouring to play the role of a defensive negater that also requires him to clear it efficiently otherwise his opportunities will remain limited. Either way for Dylan to stay at this level he needs a shift in role which suits his limitations. I'd say if Morris is Ok then he comes in for Dylan.

I can live with giving Hooper another crack. Structurally at least it's a good option. Hopefully after game 1 he might be more familiar with the pace required, our game plan and to impose himself that much more.

And yes I 've started my prayers for a Morris return.

Curly5
12-09-2010, 07:02 PM

I'm concerned about Williams and Lake. Did Williams just have a shocker, or is there something wrong with him? Lake is below par as well, although he managed ok last night. I thought Hahn did enough, as did the Eagle.

divvydan
12-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Thought Williams was genuinely poor in covering Goodes at times but I did notice at one point that he had quite a large device under his jumper strapped around his waist. Suspect that was related to the hit he took last week or otherwise a longer running hip or back issue.

AndrewP6
12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm concerned about Williams and Lake. Did Williams just have a shocker, or is there something wrong with him? Lake is below par as well, although he managed ok last night. I thought Hahn did enough, as did the Eagle.

Both he and Lake are sore, and playing under duress..

Bulldog Revolution
12-09-2010, 09:22 PM
I thought Addison played well last night, even though he made a few errors, he threw himself at everything, just ask Captain Kirk.

I agree, his courage was superb.

Two of first quarter kicks resulted in Hall goals as well as kicking one himself.

I thought it was a game in which he showed clearly that his kicking. Sure he still miscues a few but he's actually being more attacking and getting more penetration with his kicks and .

I cant see anyway he will be dropped on Saturdays performance

EasternWest
12-09-2010, 11:02 PM

Wow. I thought Tom was pretty good last night, particularly as banged up as he is.

Bulldog Joe
12-09-2010, 11:48 PM
In Morris Jones
Out Hahn Hooper

Cant drop Addison was very good last night

Absolutely agree on Addison.

He is the player I would assign to Goddard. Has the size to go with Goddard, regardless of any role Goddard takes.

Goddard must be stopped!!!!
Even having someone who can assure every disposal is under pressure would go a long way to winning the game.

Bulldog Joe
12-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Wow. I thought Tom was pretty good last night, particularly as banged up as he is.

Williams was ok BUT he did have 2 VERY serious concentration lapses that allowed Goodes easy marks on the lead.

Not suggesting him as an out, but he needs to bring 100% concentration against The Saints.

Amazed at a few suggestions, but really Hooper has to be the first out and Grant is relying on credits accumulated to retain his place.

Hooper and Grant were the 2 most ineffective performers on the ground, although both made some contribution.

For me

I would also support Jones for Grant as a viable change. Also need to see how everyone pulls up so that those selected can get through. Hope the problems for Williams and Lake are diminishing as they are both important and if both play at their best, they give the side a real chance.

Sedat
13-09-2010, 12:16 AM
In - Morris
Out - Hahn

Eagleton or Moles is a marginal call - the incumbent probably did enough in the 2nd half last night to win that selection battle. If we wanted to sacrifice a small for a tall, I'd consider Jones for Hooper.

Hahn was so dreadful last night if doesn't bear thinking how the Saints will exploit him next week.

Jasper
13-09-2010, 12:24 AM
In - Morris
Out - Hahn

Hahn was so dreadful last night if doesn't bear thinking how the Saints will exploit him next week.

Hahn is like the gimp in Pulp Fiction, everyone goes through him and exploits the hell out of him...

Remi Moses
13-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Goddard feasts on us in a big way! Must be stopped ,possibly Addison mat be assigned to that role.Thought DFA was good last night.
For mine in. Morris out . Hahn (To use the words of the immortal Jack Dyer "He's where the ball ain't")

becmatty
13-09-2010, 02:57 AM
Hahn is like the gimp in Pulp Fiction, everyone goes through him and exploits the hell out of him...

And the MC is like Bruce Willis, coming to the rescue, when he is on his knees and struggling.

MrMahatma
13-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Not easy this week. I'd drop Hahn and bring in Morris definitely.

Thought Addison had a great 1st quarter and really banged in hard for 4 quarters. There was a passage of play on the wing in the last (I think) and Addison just went and went and went - 3 or 4 really good efforts that resulted in the footy going over the boundary - Swans would've had an easy take away if not for that.

His disposal can't be dicey - but it can be good too. He brings a lot to the table with his intensity which is something we need in spades against the Saints.

Curly5
13-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Out of all the alternatives, Hahn is going to be more value in a final. The under-performing Moles, Everitt and Jones would be chewed up by the Saints.

Ozza
13-09-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm really surprised at all the calls for Addison to be dropped. I definitely don't have a history of being an Addison fan - but have thought he has gone ok in the finals and he could play another important defensive role.

Morris for Hahn is glaringly obvious...

Interested in people's thoughts on Hooper. He gave us a spark with the goal he kicked, but in reality he had 5 kicks and probably one other notable effort where he dived on the ball and Hall and Gia got involved for a goal. I'm not against him playing again - I like the kid. But Jones may be more suited this week - as St.Kilda will drop numbers back and if Jones can take a contested mark or two for the game it could be a huge bonus.

Mofra
13-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I would keep Addison in - he seems to play better when given a task, and I'd be happy to see him get a crack on Goddard. He actually bobs up for the odd goal which makes Goddard a little more accountable.

I would also keep Grant in - I keep the faith in is hands, and think he might have found a little more in the second half, really seemed to benefit from Murphy playing forward.
I would have Jones in for Hahn - Jones splits the tall defenders away from Hall (Hall vs Zac one out is a win for us) and can take a grab. His defensive pressure is much better and was the only Bulldogs-listed player at Willy that pushed his case for selection.

The other out is tough - I'd love to keep Hooper in (especially whilst Minno rests forward), but Morris is more important and I don't want to scarifice a runner. Ideally Hooper would stay in & Gia would play more midfield, but somone needs to make way for Morris. I'd keep Eagle in because his run will be important, and I don't think Moles did enough to justify selection with his Willy effort.

Out: Hahn, Hooper (sadly)
In: Jones, Morris

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:35 PM
I also thought that Addison proved his worth against the Swans. He is as tough as we have and his contests are second to none - we will need him to be going full pelt against the saints and i agree that he would be a prime candidate to line up on Goddard.

His contest against Kirk was fantastic and was a real turning point for us.

Mantis
13-09-2010, 12:39 PM
I'd keep Eagle in because his run will be important, and I don't think Moles did enough to justify selection with his Willy effort.

I hoped the same in last year's PF, but he had just 9 touches and was a complete non-factor. Eagleton was a much better player last year as he was a better kick, and could run quicker and for longer.

He was also terrible against St.Kilda earlier this year and was dropped from the team after this game... There is just nothing in regard to his current form that makes me think that he will have a positive influence on the result of this weeks game.

I understand that Moles probably won't do much better and his form isn't super, but he did do some very good things against the Saints in the NAB Cup GF and the little bit of extra pace he has could be vital.

It would be a brave call to make this decision, but I hope it's one they make.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I hoped the same in last year's PF, but he had just 9 touches and was a complete non-factor. Eagleton was a much better player last year as he was a better kick, and could run quicker and for longer.

He was also terrible against St.Kilda earlier this year and was dropped from the team after this game... There is just nothing in regard to his current form that makes me think that he will have a positive influence on the result of this weeks game.

I understand that Moles probably won't do much better and his form isn't super, but he did do some very good things against the Saints in the NAB Cup GF and the little bit of extra pace he has could be vital.

Yes the Eagle has proved time and time again that he never gets a kick against the good sides but they wont drop him because the alternative Moles hasnt proved himself yet. If we had a full team he wouldnt get a game but this week he will

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:55 PM
In Morris Jones
Out Hahn Eagleton

for me but probably

In Morris
Out Hooper

Mofra
13-09-2010, 01:02 PM

I'm not convinced by Moles' form though. His disposal under pressure is not great and given he had a chance to push for senior selection, I'm not sure he did enough on the weekend. Would be great if we had another runner we could consider, I just don't think we do.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 01:19 PM
I dont think Moles should be brought in and I definitely don't think we should drop Grant, that would be bad, we need to show confidence in him because if he gets a whiff against the Saints he could make a big difference. Most of our goals against the saints seem to come when we have the ball coming over the top of the defenders and someone quick running on to it.

Mantis
13-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm not convinced by Moles' form though. His disposal under pressure is not great and given he had a chance to push for senior selection, I'm not sure he did enough on the weekend. Would be great if we had another runner we could consider, I just don't think we do.

Look I'm not convinced on Moles either, he might fail too.

But all things point to Eagleton being a complete non-factor and his kicking even under no pressure has been poor, how will it be against St.Kilda?

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 01:24 PM

But all things point to Eagleton being a complete non-factor and his kicking even under no pressure has been poor, how will it be against St.Kilda?

Drop him for Jones then.

1eyedog
13-09-2010, 01:37 PM

I agree with this. Moles also has the ability to go into the midfield (not that that is ideal) to change things up and to give our core midfielders some respite. moles kicked some nice running goals this year as an outside mid, I think he's worth a punt.

Really think we need a target at CHF so Jones should come in. Hahn is just not up to this role as others here have stated. I am honestly not sure Jones is up for it either but he will compete in the air. Barry will be double teamed all night and having Jones up forward will make a 192+ Saints defender accountable.

INS: Moles, Jones, Morris
OUTS: Hahn, Hooper, Eagleton

Desipura
13-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I agree with this. Moles also has the ability to go into the midfield (not that that is ideal) to change things up and to give our core midfielders some respite. moles kicked some nice running goals this year as an outside mid, I think he's worth a punt.

Really think we need a target at CHF so Jones should come in. Hahn is just not up to this role as others here have stated. I am honestly not sure Jones is up for it either but he will compete in the air. Barry will be double teamed all night and having Jones up forward will make a 192+ Saints defender accountable.

INS: Moles, Jones, Morris
OUTS: Hahn, Hooper, Eagleton

I would agree with these changes, I just think the MC will make the 2 changes though.
In Morris & Jones
Out: Hooper & Addison (should be Hahn)

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I would agree with these changes, I just think the MC will make the 2 changes though.
In Morris & Jones

Geez Addison will be super stiff if this happens.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 02:11 PM
In Morris Moles
Out Hahn Eagleton

But we all know Eade will drop hooper for Morris.

I can't believe some saying drop Addison i thought his effort and attack on the ball was fantastic.
If they all commit like Addison did, we will beat the saints.
I agree Hahn Eagleton played ok 2nd half, but
'ok' won't be good enough, Morris and Moles will do a better job.If morris doesn't come up then its got to be Jones, it really stood out that we need a tall marking target to help hall.

What about Harbrow well played!! surely we can't let him go to GC.

DOG GOD
13-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I agree with most here that the only in will be Morris. (Hooper out).

1eyedog
13-09-2010, 02:23 PM
In Morris & Jones

Yep, but as DOG GOD says there will only be one change. The MC is loathe to change, especially for a preliminary final. Morris will probably come in for Hooper.

bornadog
13-09-2010, 06:25 PM
In Morris & Jones

There is no way they will drop Addison.

Sedat
13-09-2010, 06:35 PM
If he is selected (99.9% certain), perhaps we can utilise his gut-running to shadow Gram the whole match? As you've pointed out, it's not as though we are losing a telling offensive weapon next week by doing so.

Mantis
13-09-2010, 07:09 PM
If he is selected (99.9% certain), perhaps we can utilise his gut-running to shadow Gram the whole match? As you've pointed out, it's not as though we are losing a telling offensive weapon next week by doing so.

He did play on Gram early last year and did a reasonable job, but it would take a huge change in application for the Bald man to play this role.

In our rd 20 clash with Geelong he was matched up on Enright for much of the first half, Nathan tried to be a ball-winner and picked up 3 possessions, Enright kept Eagleton in check and helped himself to 22 touches and was the dominant player on the ground until that point.

Fast forward to the QF and Nathan was run ragged by Ben Johnson and Steele Sidebottom and gave them no respect either.... He has never been punished for such jobs and to turn him into a defensive run with player IMO just won't work.

Ghost Dog
13-09-2010, 07:09 PM

RE Eagle V Moles, If in doubt, go with youth. At least you might get some extra legs and desparation. Youth gave us a bit of a spark last week. Still, Eagle had a decent game and guess he won't be dropped.
Not sure about Moles. Saw a bit of the VFL game, Brodie copped a bit from Peter German at half time - not going inside enough.

Ozza
13-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Did anyone watch the VFL on TV? Brody didn't have a great game and copped a bit of a spray from Peter German.

I saw parts of the game - including German's spray. From what I saw of the game - as you say - Brodie was ordinary.

The Pie Man
13-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Rapt Cross got off

Send Bob forward. Even if they drop Hooper for Morris (which I suspect might happen but I genuinely hope not) send Bob forward anyway.

Sockeye Salmon
13-09-2010, 09:24 PM

Eade doesn't rate Gram. Can kick a long way but just bombs it.

Mantis
13-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Eade doesn't rate Gram. Can kick a long way but just bombs it.

I hope we put some time into him. He almost single handlely kept St.Kilda in last years GF.

We let him run free at our peril.

cinder
13-09-2010, 09:59 PM
How exactly does this work?

http://shop.ebay.com.au/tennistickets/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Below cost tickets??

Mantis
13-09-2010, 10:02 PM
How exactly does this work?

http://shop.ebay.com.au/tennistickets/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Below cost tickets??

WTF does this have to do with team selection?

(Which is what this thread is all about)

cinder
13-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Sorry. I meant to click on the Where are you sitting ... thread. DELETE!

The Coon Dog
13-09-2010, 10:04 PM
WTF does this have to do with team selection?

(Which is what this thread is all about)

Not very tolerant at times are we? ;)

cinder
13-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Not very tolerant at times are we? ;)

Mm, I don't post much on the forums and now I remember why ...
:rolleyes:

becmatty
14-09-2010, 04:08 AM

Agree, there are a few too many who forget their manners regularly, and some tragics on this forum.

Stick with it though Cinder...

...What are your selections?

cinder
14-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Agree, there are a few too many who forget their manners regularly, and some tragics on this forum.

Stick with it though Cinder...

...What are your selections?

But there are also some great people on here, so it's all good. Thanks ...

Well the obvious one I think is if Morris is fit to play, Hahn has so go unfortunately. As for everyone else they've probably justified their place in the team. I hope Tommy Williams can hold his own this week, he makes me nervous.

Desipura
14-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Dont worry about it Cinder, pretty honest mistake.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 10:55 AM
I reckon if Hargeave, Brad Boyd and Griffen dont pull their sox up we will definately be the looser on the weekend.

Mantis
14-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I reckon if Hargeave, Brad Boyd and Griffen dont pull their sox up we will definately be the looser on the weekend.

Why does Griff need to pull his 'sox up'?

He has been very good these past 2 weeks.

1eyedog
14-09-2010, 11:17 AM

Gee that's a bit rough! What do you want the guy to do? He busts his gut on the footy field for us and has been the best performed Bulldog over the past two finals series.

Is Josh Hill any chance this week?

Also, Brad Boyd was Fitzroy's last captain and who is Hargeave?

bornadog
14-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Gee that's a bit rough! What do you want the guy to do? He busts his gut on the footy field for us and has been the best performed Bulldog over the past two finals series.

Didn't get alot of the ball on the weekend at Willi, although his foirward pressure was pretty good. You never know with the MC and what they are thinking?

always right
14-09-2010, 12:03 PM

The incorrect spelling suggests the poster was taking the piss.

Mofra
14-09-2010, 12:05 PM
We need a bit more levity on his forum sometimes.

Brad Boyd :p

1eyedog
14-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't understand, maybe I need to enroll in taking the piss social awareness classes.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 12:42 PM

And the prize goes to... Always Right because he is always right.

I have never unintentionally misspelt any players name. When people use looser instead of loser I almost die and want to kill people, I even broke up with a girl over her use of the word 'aksqs' (or however she said it, see pisgetti wtf is that??) it's ASKS!!! I even included the more subtle mistake of definately(NO A!!).

I actually thought after all the jumping that people do on people here that no one would have thought I wasn't taking this p!ss with every obvious mistake in one sentence... Maybe everyone else drank as much as I on the weekend...

go dawgs...lol

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 12:50 PM

Also, Brad Boyd was Fitzroy's last captain and who is Hargeave?

I don't understand, maybe I need to enroll in taking the piss social awareness classes.

Quote Me: I reckon if Hargeave, Brad Boyd and Griffen dont pull their sox up we will definately be the looser on the weekend.

Hargrave = Hargreave.
Matthew Boyd = Brad Boyd
Griffen, lol, I accidentally spelt the right way, my brain just couldnt do it! And has been awesome, love him. I meant to put Griffiiiin of the cows.
definitely = definately
Loser = looser (I hate this one soooo much!)

Mantis
14-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote Me: I reckon if Hargeave, Brad Boyd and Griffen dont pull their sox up we will definately be the looser on the weekend.

Hargrave = Hargreave.
Matthew Boyd = Brad Boyd
Griffen, lol, I accidentally spelt the right way, my brain just couldnt do it! And has been awesome, love him. I meant to put Griffiiiin of the cows.
definitely = definately

You're funny. :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 01:12 PM
You're funny. :rolleyes:

And your awesome at rolleyes, very clever use of sarcasm there.

EasternWest
14-09-2010, 01:44 PM

Hargrave = Hargreave.
Matthew Boyd = Brad Boyd
definitely = definately

I like it ;).

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 01:51 PM
I like it ;).

Thanks, I hope DFA plays. I am always apprehensive that he will get dropped ahead of Hahn or Eagle, while his disposal can be an issue it seems he prefers to kick at goals rather than people, he always puts in 120% head first like Crossy and Ward.

Mofra
14-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Some of us appreciate the effort marcov *thumbs up*

becmatty
16-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Has anyone seen how Williams has trained this week? He was in second gear against the Swans and clearly restricted. He will need to be 100% and up the tempo this week, otherwise we cannot afford to select him.

becmatty
16-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Hopefully just the one change, with Morris in, and any one of four players are vulnerable to make way for him:

(my opinion, this is the order of vulnerability) Addison, Hooper, Hahn, Eagleton.

One of this group will be stiff.

More importantly however, the three players who receive a reprieve MUST step up if we are to win it. No passengers; we need to have 22 warriors prepared for war.

Hooper: tackle like your life depends on it. Intense, relentless forward pressure is essential. Charge at every contest and be at Hall's feet ready to pounce when it hits the deck. We need your energy, enthusiasm and a couple of opportunistic goals with a massive celebration.

Eagleton: This may be your final match. Be accountable. It is a final and we cannot afford you to allow your opponent any leverage at the stoppages. You are known for your outside work, but must balance this by winning your own ball with pure ferocity. We need your run and carry - charge! - oh and we would love a few signature explosive left footers sailing over the goal umpire's scon too.

Addison: You always give a contest, second efforts, head down and at 'em sort of stuff. Now we need some polish. Get it and make it count!

Mitch 'Cujo' Hahn: Time to get rabid. Crash through packs, batter a few bodies, bounce up like a human pinball and pump it forward. You regained some touch in the second half last week and I predict a comeback to the Hahn we have known and loved. We need your strength and aggression more than ever. Get angry, I want to see the fire in your eyes like a wild dog.

Mantis
16-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Has anyone seen how Williams has trained this week? He was in second gear against the Swans and clearly restricted. He will need to be 100% and up the tempo this week, otherwise we cannot afford to select him.

Moving much better, not sure if he is back to 100%, but if he was 75% last week he would be closer to 90% now.

Lake has also improved.

Grantysghost
16-09-2010, 11:02 AM
In : Morris
Out : Weeman

bornadog
16-09-2010, 11:13 AM
What I would like to see and also being realistic: (Eagle won't be dropped)

In: Morris, Hill

Hooper - only 5 disposals last week, good experience will be a regular next year

Hahn - Has had plenty of chances, this game is too important.

Morris - a monty.

Who should come in for Hahn?

We need someone up forward to apply forward pressure and kick a couple of goals. Everitt not up to it, Stack not up to it.

Hill showed a bit of intensity last week although he didin't get alot of the ball, however, he has kicked a few goials this year, and has the ability to be the X factor.

Note: Rocket on SEN Now says only one change:(

LostDoggy
16-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I would say that Hahn will play because he offers flexibility down back or forward in case of serious injury during the game. Hooper does not offer this flexibility. I would love to see him get a game as no doubt our forward line will be crowded and he was one player who was continually on the move, an absolute must if we are to be any chance. Grant, on the other hand, as far as I could see, spent much time spectating outside packs and was not continually mobile or fanatical in his approach. Eagleton will struggle in crowded space, as he usually does. Gotta get pace into the midfield / half back lines and I can't see where it's going to come from unless Gilbee and Murphy can get free and hit targets from a long way out. That's why Grant is so important to us in this game.

I would say the MC will go with Morris in, Hooper out.

Mantis
16-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I would say that Hahn will play because he offers flexibility down back or forward in case of serious injury during the game. Hooper does not offer this flexibility. I would love to see him get a game as no doubt our forward line will be crowded and he was one player who was continually on the move, an absolute must if we are to be any chance. Grant, on the other hand, as far as I could see, spent much time spectating outside packs and was not continually mobile or fanatical in his approach. Eagleton will struggle in crowded space, as he usually does. Gotta get pace into the midfield / half back lines and I can't see where it's going to come from unless Gilbee and Murphy can get free and hit targets from a long way out. That's why Grant is so important to us in this game.

I would say the MC will go with Morris in, Hooper out.

Who could Hahn pick up in St.Kilda's attack if required?

1eyedog
16-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks, I hope DFA plays. I am always apprehensive that he will get dropped ahead of Hahn or Eagle, while his disposal can be an issue it seems he prefers to kick at goals rather than people, he always puts in 120% head first like Crossy and Ward.

I agree and on this premise he must be selected.

BTW the misspelling in your earlier post was hilarious, well, at least other WOOF posters thought it was funny.

SlimPickens
16-09-2010, 01:38 PM
If Hahn plays he will have to play forward. To much of a liability to play down back.

1eyedog
16-09-2010, 01:40 PM

I don't know, that sexy female goal umpire if she officiates?

1eyedog
16-09-2010, 01:45 PM

Himself off the canvas? He doesn't have a match up out there, too slow to go with anyone not tall enough to compete.

Greystache
16-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Himself off the canvas? He doesn't have a match up out there, too slow to go with anyone not tall enough to compete.

I'm sure he'll play forward, but I wouldn't be surprised to seem him do some rotations through the midfield, especially if it become a tight lockdown type of struggle. He did that against the Swans in the last quarter and won a few clearances with his bullocking style.

Mantis
16-09-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm sure he'll play forward, but I wouldn't be surprised to seem him do some rotations through the midfield, especially if it become a tight lockdown type of struggle. He did that against the Swans in the last quarter and won a few clearances with his bullocking style.

Agree with that.

If he could take Fisher or Blake out of the game when forward, snag a goal or two (or even create them) and win a few hard balls he would have done his job.

Just not sure he can.

LostDoggy
16-09-2010, 02:19 PM

Haha.. and ... oh yeah

Himself off the canvas?

LOL

Truly, bar no other game in the season, this is the ideal Mitch Hahn stage.

Or it should be.

Tough, tight, bullocking, pressure games.

1eyedog
16-09-2010, 02:24 PM

This term is always used to describe Hahn's style of play, unfortunately he can't even get to contests anymore to use it. I hope I eat humble pie on Saturday night regarding Hahn, but all his possessions appear rushed which seriously compromises his disposal efficiency and ultimately our ability to go forward with any structure. Best he gets ball and handballs to someone in a blue jumper.

He just needs to go hammer and tong and kill, kill, kill. I would give Hahn clear instructions to do a Mark Yeates on BJ at the first bounce on Saturday night and then bring Hill in for the Granny.

comrade
16-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Mitch Hahn gets the same job that Welshy had last year; line up next to Sam Gilbert and ****ing terrorise him.

If he's not prepared to be a **** for 2 hours, then he doesn't play.

Desipura
16-09-2010, 03:45 PM
What I would like to see and also being realistic: (Eagle won't be dropped)

In: Morris, Hill

Hooper - only 5 disposals last week, good experience will be a regular next year
(
Based on what??????? If he had 10 possessions would he be captain?

Desipura
16-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Agree with that.

If he could take Fisher or Blake out of the game when forward, snag a goal or two (or even create them) and win a few hard balls he would have done his job.

Just not sure he can.
It would mean we are a fair chance of winning if this happened. I would be very suprised if the winning team kicks more than 12 goals.

Mantis
16-09-2010, 03:52 PM
It would mean we are a fair chance of winning if this happened. I would be very suprised if the winning team kicks more than 12 goals.

I can't see us kicking more than this amount and to do so Hall will probably have to kick 5 or 6.

If St.Kilda spilt us open I can see them kicking 14 to 16.

Sedat
16-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Saints haven't even had 16 scoring shots against us in the last 2 matches, let alone 16 goals. It was 7.7 in Round 6 and 9.6 in the PF. Not saying it can't happen, but we would have to implode pretty horribly for the Saints to get to 100 points.

Mantis
16-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Saints haven't even had 16 scoring shots against us in the last 2 matches, let alone 16 goals. It was 7.7 in Round 6 and 9.6 in the PF. Not saying it can't happen, but we would have to implode pretty horribly for the Saints to get to 100 points.

If we dished up a like performance to what was offered against Collingwood just 2 weeks back I would think that St.Kilda will rack up a reasonable score.

Hopefully such a performance won't be presented and our efforts in the 2 previous PF's suggest it won't, but I still have some lingering doubts.

johnnycoop
16-09-2010, 04:53 PM

Chelsea loves the Dogs, she's on our side!

Hahn up forward if we have to. Bigger body and has some games under the belt.

johnnycoop
16-09-2010, 04:55 PM

I completely agree. Saints haven't really kicked a score against decent oppo for a long time , on average, if we kick more than 70 points we win. 10.10.

1eyedog
16-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I completely agree. Saints haven't really kicked a score against decent oppo for a long time , on average, if we kick more than 70 points we win. 10.10.

Welcome to the foum.

That's the big challenge isn't it, to be decent opposition.

With Morris back our back line looks strong (if a bit sore), but it's the midfield pressure that has been off the boil since the Geelong smashing. Cooney's lose in Round 21 certainly doesn't help, but if there is no pressure at the stoppages or we fall markedly behind in the contested possession count, then I agree that they could end up kicking more than 12 goals against us. Especially if they start to move the ball in a hurry.

Nuggety Back Pocket
16-09-2010, 05:30 PM
If Hahn plays he will have to play forward. To much of a liability to play down back.

Morris should return for Hooper in what is likely to be the only change. Hahn will need to play forward but I would prefer to play Jones rather than Mitch but cannot see the MC going down this track.

LostDoggy
16-09-2010, 05:42 PM
The Saints have lost games this season to teams that don't mind taking on their zone, and have a high number of goalkickers. This is the style the Bulldogs played from 2006-2009, but have only produced in patches this season.

Carlton's game plan in round 7 was amazing. Collingwood ran in lines through their zone in rd 16. They're a good team the Saints, but very very predictable. The finals is no place to be timid and change your game plan, as we did in the prelim last year. Hopefully we learn from last year and let Griff, Harbrow and the young pups run and carry. I think we're capable, lets just hope that the game plan we see is better than that against Collingwood a couple of weeks ago.

Greystache
16-09-2010, 05:53 PM
The Saints have lost games this season to teams that don't mind taking on their zone, and have a high number of goalkickers. This is the style the Bulldogs played from 2006-2009, but have only produced in patches this season.

Carlton's game plan in round 7 was amazing. Collingwood ran in lines through their zone in rd 16. They're a good team the Saints, but very very predictable. The finals is no place to be timid and change your game plan, as we did in the prelim last year. Hopefully we learn from last year and let Griff, Harbrow and the young pups run and carry. I think we're capable, lets just hope that the game plan we see is better than that against Collingwood a couple of weeks ago.

Welcome Gia... It's about time you joined up!! ;)

divvydan
16-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Morris in, Hahn out

ST KILDA v WESTERN BULLDOGS
St Kilda
B: Jason Gram, Zac Dawson, Sam Gilbert
HB: Jason Blake, Sam Fisher, Robert Eddy
C: Brendon Goddard, Nick Dal Santo, Farren Ray
HF: Brett Peake, Justin Koschitzke, Leigh Montagna
F: Adam Schneider, Nick Riewoldt, Stephen Milne
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Lenny Hayes, Clinton Jones
I/C: Ben McEvoy, Sean Dempster, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt
Emg: Steven Baker, Jarryn Geary, Jack Steven

No change

Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Tom Williams
HB: Robert Murphy, Dale Morris, Ryan Hargrave
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Ryan Griffen
HF: Lindsay Gilbee, Brad Johnson, Dylan Addison
F: Daniel Giansiracusa, Barry Hall, Jarrad Grant
Foll: Ben Hudson, Daniel Cross, Liam Picken
I/C: Andrew Hooper, Will Minson, Callan Ward, Easton Wood
Emg: Mitch Hahn, Josh Hill, Andrejs Everitt

Out: Mitch Hahn

1eyedog
16-09-2010, 06:03 PM
morris in, hahn out

st kilda v western bulldogs
st kilda
b: Jason gram, zac dawson, sam gilbert
hb: Jason blake, sam fisher, robert eddy
c: Brendon goddard, nick dal santo, farren ray
hf: Brett peake, justin koschitzke, leigh montagna
f: Adam schneider, nick riewoldt, stephen milne
foll: Michael gardiner, lenny hayes, clinton jones
i/c: Ben mcevoy, sean dempster, andrew mcqualter, james gwilt
emg: Steven baker, jarryn geary, jack steven

no change

western bulldogs
b: Jarrod harbrow, brian lake, tom williams
hb: Robert murphy, dale morris, ryan hargrave
c: Nathan eagleton, matthew boyd, ryan griffen
hf: Lindsay gilbee, brad johnson, dylan addison
f: Daniel giansiracusa, barry hall, jarrad grant
foll: Ben hudson, daniel cross, liam picken
i/c: Andrew hooper, will minson, callan ward, easton wood
emg: Mitch hahn, josh hill, andrejs everitt

in: Morris
out: mitch hahn

wowsers! Have pasted as new thread thanks Divvydan

chef
16-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Happy with that:)

LostDoggy
16-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Omg. Did I hear correctly? Hahn dropped?

LostDoggy
16-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Sorry Mitch but selectors have got it right

Remi Moses
16-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I'd say Mitch may have played his last game. That battering ram style has just worn him out unfortunately.