PDA

View Full Version : Grand Final Ticketing Registration

bornadog
12-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Don't forget to register this Wednesday 15 September, for all Priority one ticket holders between 8am and 2pm.

Priority two members can register on the 15th Sept between 3pm and 9pm.

Rocco Jones
12-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Just to add to the public service announcement about the GF.

If you are a full AFL member with Bulldogs club support you are guaranteed a ticket to the big one even if it's against Collingwood as long as you book it during the first day of sale (Sunday after the prelim).

I got a great seat to last year's GF but there was some doubt about this year due to Collingwood easily having the largest amount of full AFL members but the total of Collingwood + anyone else left full members is less than the amount available for 1st day sale allocations.

gohardorgohome
12-09-2010, 09:51 PM
The whole concept of registration is a cynical money making concept in my opinion.

Throughandthrough
12-09-2010, 10:02 PM
The whole concept of registration is a cynical money making concept in my opinion.

Whats a better way?

Works for me as an interstate Whitten Social club member.

Flamethrower
12-09-2010, 11:43 PM
It is the fairest way to distribute 2000 tickets amongst the priority 2 members.

The 2 losing PF teams should get a refund though - maybe it is something the ACCC should look into.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Yes. Let's hope it's not another $5 wasted.

Topdog
13-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Whats a better way?

Works for me as an interstate Whitten Social club member.

Have people register on the Monday after the PF. Give out the tickets on the Tuesday.

Job done.

aker39
13-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Have people register on the Monday after the PF. Give out the tickets on the Tuesday.

Job done.

Seeing as it's online. you could even register on the Sunday.

The Adelaide Connection
13-09-2010, 11:38 AM

Job done.

Hey, hang on that would be too simple and besides how would they make over $200,000 in processing fees (which is done almost automatically by he system) from the four clubs (at least 4 x 10,000 members x $5) with your system?

Cynical? When it comes to ticketing agencies you bet I am.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:42 PM
How I look at it is......its $5.

What can you get at the footy for $5?

-A Record? Nope, half a record in this years final series.
-Hot dog? Nope, your 20c short.
-Cold over-priced chips? Sure, here's about 50c change too.
-Cold pie/sausage roll? Yep, here's 50c change too.
-Warm Coke? Yep, plus some schrapnel
-Powerade? Nope 50c-$1 too short.

$5 donation doesn't sound so bad even if it is for nothing. :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:46 PM
The $5 of the clubs who don't attend should go back to the club. or even a portion of it

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 01:23 PM
The $5 of the clubs who don't attend should go back to the club. or even a portion of it

What a joke that is. They say it's for administration fees but if we don't make it they aren't processing any tickets!

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 01:25 PM
What a joke that is. They say it's for administration fees but if we don't make it they aren't processing any tickets!

Yep, another Ticketek rip off. Just like the $19.40 registered mail fee for my Metallica tickets. :mad:

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Yep, another Ticketek rip off. Just like the $19.40 registered mail fee for my Metallica tickets. :mad:

$20? :eek: Yeh thats a complete joke. Tickets don't require huge weighted packages.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 01:29 PM
$20? :eek: Yeh thats a complete joke. Tickets don't require huge weighted packages.

Yep. They were also charging $15 for regular post OR to print out your own tickets.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Yep. They were also charging $15 for regular post OR to print out your own tickets.

Yeah their BS 'convinience' fees. Ripoff Central. :mad:

Topdog
13-09-2010, 02:11 PM
How I look at it is......its $5.

What can you get at the footy for $5?

-A Record? Nope, half a record in this years final series.
-Hot dog? Nope, your 20c short.
-Cold over-priced chips? Sure, here's about 50c change too.
-Cold pie/sausage roll? Yep, here's 50c change too.
-Warm Coke? Yep, plus some schrapnel
-Powerade? Nope 50c-$1 too short.

$5 donation doesn't sound so bad even if it is for nothing. :rolleyes:

I don't care about $5 but I would much rather give the money to something I like rather than ticketek.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 08:50 PM
If we do make it, what seats do we get? or is it random and you get what your given whether you like it or not?

aker39
13-09-2010, 08:55 PM
If we do make it, what seats do we get? or is it random and you get what your given whether you like it or not?

Random

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Random

Is standing room included? Cos i dont want to stand

The Coon Dog
13-09-2010, 09:06 PM

Yes, in order it is:

Premium $270 (Adult) - $184 (Concession)
Prime - $235 - $160
Standard - $161 - $108
Standing/Restricted Viewing - $142.50 - $97

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Do Priority 1 get more chance of getting better tickets? Cos I would want Premium or Prime at least... :S

Sockeye Salmon
13-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Yes, in order it is:

Premium $270 (Adult) - $184 (Concession)
Prime - $235 - $160
Standard - $161 - $108
Standing/Restricted Viewing - $142.50 - $97

What about kids?

The Coon Dog
13-09-2010, 09:37 PM
What about kids?

The info sheet I received only has Adults & Concession. I just assumed they treated kids as concession.

Sockeye Salmon
13-09-2010, 09:43 PM
The info sheet I received only has Adults & Concession. I just assumed they treated kids as concession.

$900 for a family of 4, on top of paying for social club already. Wow.

The Coon Dog
13-09-2010, 09:45 PM
$900 for a family of 4, on top of paying for social club already. Wow.

Tell me about it! :mad:

aker39
13-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Danstar,

Please read all of the information that the club sent you in the post and again today by email.

All of your questions are answered there.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Email doesn't really state what happens. DIdn't check the mail yet.

And about kids tickets, from what I re-call reading somewhere. THere are no kids tickets price for the GF

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Just to add to the public service announcement about the GF.

If you are a full AFL member with Bulldogs club support you are guaranteed a ticket to the big one even if it's against Collingwood as long as you book it during the first day of sale (Sunday after the prelim).

I got a great seat to last year's GF but there was some doubt about this year due to Collingwood easily having the largest amount of full AFL members but the total of Collingwood + anyone else left full members is less than the amount available for 1st day sale allocations.

What would happen with AFL Silver members who are aligned to the GF teams? Any chance they'd get a ticket, or is it better to register on Wednesday?

Picken Knows
14-09-2010, 09:16 AM
What would happen with AFL Silver members who are aligned to the GF teams? Any chance they'd get a ticket, or is it better to register on Wednesday?

You should register on Wednesday.

If Collingwood do make it, there will not be a lot of tickets left for silver members.

Also your AFL member ticket will cost you $264, so you are saving nothing by waiting for that.

By registering, you are getting 2 chances of a ticket.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 10:36 AM

From memory, when you put in your barcode/s there is an option for 'including standing room' or 'not including standing room'. Last year I opted for 'not' as I'd really prefer a seat and my Aunty cannot stand at the footy.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 10:51 AM
From memory, when you put in your barcode/s there is an option for 'including standing room' or 'not including standing room'. Last year I opted for 'not' as I'd really prefer a seat and my Aunty cannot stand at the footy.

This is correct!

But if you do select the 'Do not include standing room option' there is a small chance you can miss out all together if all reserved seats are taken by the time your barcode comes up.

I think it's a joke.. They are only allowing 10,000 seats for competing club members and they can't even guarentee everyone a reserved seat.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 11:09 AM
This is correct!

But if you do select the 'Do not include standing room option' there is a small chance you can miss out all together if all reserved seats are taken by the time your barcode comes up.

I think it's a joke.. They are only allowing 10,000 seats for competing club members and they can't even guarentee everyone a reserved seat.

Yep, the same discussion comes up every year. I heard a commentator on SEN say last year that the preliminary final was the 'peoples final' and the Grand Final was for the corporates. What a crock. To support your club year after year and still miss out on a grand final ticket is just wrong. Gee I hate the AFL sometimes..... :mad:

Sockeye Salmon
14-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Yep, the same discussion comes up every year. I heard a commentator on SEN say last year that the preliminary final was the 'peoples final' and the Grand Final was for the corporates. What a crock. To support your club year after year and still miss out on a grand final ticket is just wrong. Gee I hate the AFL sometimes..... :mad:

I still think grand finals tickets should be allocated on number of years continuous as a member.

If you've put your hand in your pocket year in, year out, watched them get smashed in 82, 96 & 03 then you deserve to see them in a grand final.

I have a guy here at work who goes to 1 game a year - the grand final. He already has his tickets assured for this year. He nominally is a Melbourne supporter but I suspect he would struggle to name a player.

He gets them because his sister is in promotions at Crown. Now I love my sister, but if I had a bunch of grand final tickets I'm not sure she would be top of my list to give one to; so I wonder how many others my mate's sister provides tickets for?

AFL corruption number 4,359

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 12:56 PM
This is correct!

Even if your a priority 1 ?

azabob
14-09-2010, 06:41 PM
I still think grand finals tickets should be allocated on number of years continuous as a member.

Sounds reasonable, but the problem is our club would struggle to have records pre 2005 for who joined when etc and also do you go with your son? Does that mean you get to go and he misses out?

I hear what you are saying - to elminate the problem the AFL should sell tickets to club members first and corporates second. But that aint going to happen...

turfdog
14-09-2010, 11:15 PM
This is correct!

The Ticketek jibberish states:

" If you select option 2 (I will accept the best available reserved seat) and all reserved seat tickets have been allocated when your registration is next to be processed, you will not be issued a grand final ticket"

As someone else said to me, it's just a jumble of words. It doesn't give us any indication of what chance we have of getting a ticket. How can all reserved seats be allocated before Priority 1 registrations have been processed? And if this is so, what percentage of registrations will miss out?

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 12:14 AM
I just want to know if Im stil a chance to miss out even if I'm a Priority 1

The Adelaide Connection
15-09-2010, 12:23 AM
If you choose "option 2" you are a chance to miss out.

It states: "if you select Option2 and all reserved seat tickets have been allocated when your registration is next to be processed, you will not be issued a grand final ticket..."

In other words you waiver your "guaranteed" ticket if you decide to register for seated tickets onl ("Option 1").

Appparently a "supervised random computer ballot" based on registrations will be carried out by Ticketek.

The Adelaide Connection
15-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Wow, on a bit of a tangent did anyone else notice that in the Tickets literature we got sent that we are now advertising $10 registrations for a waiting list for Social Club/Premiership Gold? Not sure that has ever happened! Hope demand continues to be strong!

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Does it matter what time we register between 8am and 2pm tomorrow or is this not a first in best dressed type of scenario. If you're guaranteed just make sure you register in that time frame and make the donation to Ticketek?

OLD SCRAGGer
15-09-2010, 07:32 AM
This is correct!

When I was lineing up for Prelim tickets Monday Morning, Robert Stubbs (from Club) announced to the crowd "IF YOU ARE IN THE OPTION 1 , YOU WILL GET A SEAT AT GRAND FINAL" The standing room option will only come into effect for Option 2 members!

The Coon Dog
15-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Done, that was nice & easy. Now for the hard part!

Grantysghost
15-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Yep done - interesting i dont remember it saying "ballot" last year?

Max469
15-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Done.

Come on Dogs - we have done our bit, please do yours. Then it will be party time.:D

Picken Knows
15-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Does it matter what time we register between 8am and 2pm tomorrow or is this not a first in best dressed type of scenario. If you're guaranteed just make sure you register in that time frame and make the donation to Ticketek?

Read the ****ing information that is sent to you.

It cleary says that you don't have to rush to register.

It doesn't matter whether you register at 8.01 or 1.59, you have the same chance.

1eyedog
15-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Okay have navigated the labyrinth that is ticktek.

Fingers crossed for Saturday night.

cinder
15-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Me too. All done!

Throughandthrough
15-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Me three! Heart attack material, the internets went wobbly half way through and crashed out before done, logged back in and said that my allocation was used! AAGGHH!

Rang them though and got thru pretty much straight away, all good.

turfdog
15-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Last year it was Ticketmaster, not Ticketek.

Ticketek have used much the same wording, except they have added the stuff about not being issued a ticket if you select option 2.

Maybe some Priority 1 members missed out last year because they selected the reserved seat only option.

The Pie Man
15-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Done! Section BALLOT-OPT1 (yes, that's a sh** joke)

More embarassing for me was last night calling my brother to get his finals ticketing barcode number that was mailed to us at the start of the month without realising it's just the number on our memberships....'how can you have thrown that out' blah blah blah :o

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 10:18 AM
OMG I WON!

hehe

(P.S. Not Really)

OLD SCRAGGer
15-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Last year it was Ticketmaster, not Ticketek.

Ticketek have used much the same wording, except they have added the stuff about not being issued a ticket if you select option 2.

Maybe some Priority 1 members missed out last year because they selected the reserved seat only option.

OK, now I'm starting to become paranoid again. Because I was told Priority 1 you were assured of getting a seat, I went for Ballot OPT 2 !!! Hope I haven't screwed myself...I will be gunning for Robert Stubbs if I miss out!!

bornadog
15-09-2010, 10:59 AM

Doesn't matter what time you register, as long as its between the allocated times. The tickets are allocated randomly not by first come first serve

Sockeye Salmon
15-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Now I have a 6yo who is a Bulldogs tragic.

If I select option 1 and we get standing room tickets, he won't be able to see and will probably get crushed.

If I select option 2, I might miss out altogether.

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 11:30 AM
That's a little strange. In the email after I registered it says.

2 X Ballot Entry: Adult Member @ $5.00 = $10.00
SubTotal: $10.00

I'm an AFL member with WB club support. I'm also in the social club. I'm not sure why it has me listed 2 x adults when I'm a concession card AFL member. Do you think I should call them up or do I have nothing to worry about?

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 11:34 AM
All done, now the waiting game.

soupman
15-09-2010, 11:39 AM
This is quite possibly a stupid question but how do you enter the barcodes into the box? I've tried seperating them with just a space and a comma and space but it's said they aren't valid both times now.

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 11:41 AM
This is quite possibly a stupid question but how do you enter the barcodes into the box? I've tried seperating them with just a space and a comma and space but it's said they aren't valid both times now.

Enter one then press enter and start a new line.

No commas or spaces.. Just seperate lines

eg:

soupman
15-09-2010, 11:43 AM
So obvious. Thankyou.

giaco
15-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Now I have a 6yo who is a Bulldogs tragic.

If I select option 1 and we get standing room tickets, he won't be able to see and will probably get crushed.

If I select option 2, I might miss out altogether.

Mate, I'm in exactly the same position. I chose option 1 and just hope to get seat. If we get standing room tickets we'll just have to work something out - can't take a chance on missing out all together.

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Mate, I'm in exactly the same position. I chose option 1 and just hope to get seat. If we get standing room tickets we'll just have to work something out - can't take a chance on missing out all together.

Yes, there are people in our group who are short, older and don't want to/can't stand.

Unfortunately they've given us no option but to say ok standing room. :(

Although I'd much rather be worrying about where we're sitting/standing than the alternative of not getting into the grand final at all. :D

1eyedog
15-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Bit confused. I'm a priority 1 member and I selected reserve seating, no standing room. Does this mean I could miss out?

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Bit confused. I'm a priority 1 member and I selected reserve seating, no standing room. Does this mean I could miss out?

Apparently yes. Here's the link to the information on the website:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Portals/0/bulldogs_docs/GFRego.pdf

Relevant information:

• The following ticket options will be provided for members to select when
registering (your selection will apply to all barcodes registered in the transaction):

1. I will accept the best available ticket – including standing room
Members can receive a premium seat, a prime seat, a standard seat,
a restricted view seat or a standing room ticket.

2. I will accept the best available reserved seat – no standing room
Members can receive a premium seat, a prime seat, a standard seat,
a restricted view seat only. Members will not be allocated a standing
room ticket. Please be aware that if you select this option, should all
reserved seat tickets be allocated when your registration is next to be
processed, you will not be issued a Grand Final ticket.

So I suppose there's a small risk of missing out alltogether. They have us over a barrel. :mad:

Sockeye Salmon
15-09-2010, 01:01 PM

Yes, it's possible.

The order of allocation of seats is random. If all the seats are allocated when it gets to process yours, you get nothing (not even your $5 back!).

The cynic in me thinks that they will allocate standing room first - to those prepared to accept it - then allocate the seats to everyone else who chose option 1, then fill in those that chose option 2 until they're all gone.

aker39
15-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Yes, it's possible.

The order of allocation of seats is random. If all the seats are allocated when it gets to process yours, you get nothing (not even your $5 back!).

The cynic in me thinks that they will allocate standing room first - to those prepared to accept it - then allocate the seats to everyone else who chose option 1, then fill in those that chose option 2 until they're all gone.

The cynic will be wrong.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-09-2010, 01:14 PM

That's what I think too.

I didn't take any chances though. I'd climb the MCG light tower if it meant seeing a Bulldogs Grand Final live.

It's more difficult with the young or elderly.

Curly5
15-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Yes, it's possible.

Not even the AFL would do that. Imagine if it's a Dogs Cats GF, the place will be half empty. :D

mighty_west
15-09-2010, 02:16 PM
All booked, now for those mighty Scraggers to meet their end of the bargain...

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm also stressing a little I chose no standing. Being priority 1 I have been told we are guaranteed a SEAT. The info we were sent can read two ways re missing out if you choose no standing, it is written under the info re priority 2, and I fully understand I could not risk saying no standing if I were prority 2.

If anybody from proirity 1 missed out on a seat we would have to take them to court because that would mean that no one at all from prioity 2 would get a seat, seeing Prority 1 is done before 2.

NOTHING OR NOBODY would stop me seeing the dogs in a grand final, I have had nightmares about it in the past that I missed out, I would go in the day before and sneak into the loo and stay all night, I'm not desperate MUCH.

Desipura
15-09-2010, 02:25 PM
How much would posters pay to ensure they do not miss seeing us play in a grand final?
$1000k? more?

aker39
15-09-2010, 02:32 PM
If anybody from proirity 1 missed out on a seat we would have to take them to court because that would mean that no one at all from prioity 2 would get a seat, seeing Prority 1 is done before 2.

That is correct.

If a priority 1 member ends up with a standing room ticket, than that means that there are NO SEATS at all for priority 2 members.

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 02:32 PM
That's a little strange. In the email after I registered it says.

2 X Ballot Entry: Adult Member @ $5.00 = $10.00
SubTotal: $10.00

I'm an AFL member with WB club support. I'm also in the social club. I'm not sure why it has me listed 2 x adults when I'm a concession card AFL member. Do you think I should call them up or do I have nothing to worry about?
Arkie I found when I purchased the first final 3 of my group who were supposed to be Concession had been using Adult tickets all year without realising and would only sell them an adult finals ticket, has to match whatever the membership records as. We got that fixed but really stuffed me up the first final.
Another issue I had to with the GF Rego one of my group's ticket come up as cancelled even though it let me use it on Monday for this weeks game, it turns out the expiry date for the credit card the club had had expired, instead of letting you know they just cancel the membership ticket, they obviously have done some housekeeping between Monday and today. Another one of the group was also cancelled because they didn't have the funds to cover last deduction, once again it was alright on Monday but cancelled today, that one I blame the indivudual, but the expiry date issue is a bit rough. Luckily I had time to get it fixed before the deadline.

Grantysghost
15-09-2010, 02:37 PM
How much would posters pay to ensure they do not miss seeing us play in a grand final?
$1000k? more?

I would pay 500 - 1000 have to seriously think about more than a K!

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 02:40 PM
In my case all the years I have paid social club for that reason only it would be cheaper to pay one of those function prices to get a ticket. I also look at it that I have helped the club.

Throughandthrough
15-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes, it's possible.

No way.

They would sell the most expensive seats first.

NB If (if if if if if if if) we get there, and by some dud reason my single seat is on the cheaper end and some other one has the more expensive option, i'm willing to pay the difference and swap.

G-Mo77
15-09-2010, 04:08 PM
I better make sure I have enough money in my account next week.

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 04:16 PM
At some stage we must have the opportunity to give our preferences again

There is a wide variation in cost between standing and prime. surely we get an opportunity to give preference

aker39
15-09-2010, 04:21 PM
At some stage we must have the opportunity to give our preferences again

There is a wide variation in cost between standing and prime. surely we get an opportunity to give preference

No you don't.

That is why they tell you to have enough money on your credit card to cover the most expensive seats.

turfdog
15-09-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm also stressing a little I chose no standing. Being priority 1 I have been told we are guaranteed a SEAT.

I was under that impression too, but now it turns out (when you read the fine print) it was "guaranteed access to purchase a ticket" ie. not a SEAT.

There's no way I'd take my daughter into standing room with 20,000 Collingwood supporters, so I selected option 2.

I don't trust the Ticketek system. There have been several occasions in the past when they told me there were no seats available in a certain area (sold out) but when I get to the ground that area is half empty, and other occasions when the seats became available on the system later on. I think they manually release seats in blocks or sections onto the system, so if they don't have all the available seats on the system when they process the Priority 1 registrations, or they do something completely stupid like process all the Option 1 registrations before the Option 2 ones regardless of whether they're Priority 1 or 2, then we could well miss out.

OLD SCRAGGer
15-09-2010, 05:06 PM

I DON'T think you will miss out! I'm also Priority 1 and we were told by club on Monday morning IF you are Priority 1 YOU WILL GET A SEAT. I also opted for seat ONLY.

mjp
15-09-2010, 05:55 PM
I DON'T think you will miss out! I'm also Priority 1 and we were told by club on Monday morning IF you are Priority 1 YOU WILL GET A SEAT. I also opted for seat ONLY.

I made the same call and was given the same info - I also opted for seat only.

To be honest, it probably wouldn't bug me if I was standing if we won, but if I am flying over for the gf with the missus she would be cranky at me if we didn't have seats. We have been to one gf before with standing room seats and (being a short-arse) she couldn't see when all of the fans in front of us stood during exciting moments...she missed seeing Leo Barry's mark for that reason.

aker39
15-09-2010, 05:58 PM
To be honest, it probably wouldn't bug me if I was standing if we won, but if I am flying over for the gf with the missus she would be cranky at me if we didn't have seats.

She'd be even crankier if you don't have a ticket at all.

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I called Ticketek just now about my earlier problem. The guy on the phone needed to speak to his supervisor, he then apologized and said they will have someone call me today or first thing tomorrow to fix it. I don't know how that could've happened? If my AFL membership is a concession type then wouldn't that automatically register? Because you can't choose adult or concession social club membership right?

aker39
15-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Because you can't choose adult or concession social club membership right?

Yes you can

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Registered during the allocated time this morning. I am priority 1, so I assume I get a seat. The girl did say something about a ballot, which really confused me! Now for the boys to do their part, pleeeeeeeze!:D

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 06:11 PM
I'M priority 1 and selected seat or standing. I better not get stooged and they give me a standing only ticket.

(if we make it)

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Yes you can

Well that sucks. It's probably my fault and I have an adult social club membership. I remember when I bought mine they never even asked, they just told me how much it was. I've never even used it for anything. I only ever got it to guarantee GF entry because I'm only a silver (concession) AFL member.

mjp
15-09-2010, 06:21 PM
She'd be even crankier if you don't have a ticket at all.

She isn't a dogs supporter so I doubt she would be too fussed...a weekend back in Melbourne would appeal to her though!

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered during the allocated time this morning. I am priority 1, so I assume I get a seat. The girl did say something about a ballot, which really confused me! Now for the boys to do their part, pleeeeeeeze!:D
The ballot for Priority 1 is to determine which seat you get, you can be allocxated a seat in any price level. In Priority 2 the ballot is to see if you get a seat, standning room or nothing at all.

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm pretty sure last year they were allocating the seats starting from the best to the "worst" (i.e. standing room). I was hoping they would be doing the same this year. I have chosen Option 1 but I really hope I don't get stuck with a standing room seat.

The Coon Dog
15-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I really hope I don't get stuck with a standing room seat.
Sounds funny doesn't it when you say it out loud, a standing room seat! :D

aker39
15-09-2010, 08:55 PM

Sounds like an Indian toilet:)

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 08:56 PM

Yeah it does! I should have said "standing room ticket"....

Also, what's the deal with having to pick up the tickets in person? Not very convenient if you're an interstate supporter!

aker39
15-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Also, what's the deal with having to pick up the tickets in person? Not very convenient if you're an interstate supporter!

You can pick it up at the ground on the day.

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 09:07 PM
We booked as Option 1. On the off chance that we do make the GF I wouldn't really like Standing Room, but I'd definitely prefer it to sitting at home.

boydogs
15-09-2010, 10:42 PM
$1000k? more?

$1000k? That's a million bucks :p

If Collingwood win on Friday night, tickets will be in very high demand - hopefully Geelong takes them out

The Adelaide Connection
15-09-2010, 11:03 PM
$1000k? That's a million bucks :p

If Collingwood win on Friday night, tickets will be in very high demand - hopefully Geelong takes them out

Hopefully they take each other out.

I am on the list of people who feel nervous for selecting option 1 instead of 2. Hopefully the majority of punters did the same and that way if the system is a little dodgy (like ticket agencies usually are) then it will still be relatively random (as opposed to give all those in option 1 standing tickets).

AndrewP6
16-09-2010, 12:05 AM
DONE. Amazing (or ridiculous) I can do that online for the GF(book for a wheelchair seat) and have to jump through hoops for the preceding finals games...

AndrewP6
16-09-2010, 12:07 AM

I'm in all sorts of strife if I get lumped with one of those!;)

LostDoggy
16-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I just found out by accident nthat Geelong members onlyt pay $4 for there GF Rego, it is today. I couldn't check any other clubs. If the fee is for Ticketek processing how can we pay more than Geelong. Just established that St.Kilda's was $4 as well and Collingwod was $5 the same as us, how come ?

LostDoggy
16-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I wish I had not gone exploring to see what GF Reg fee the other clubs were paying, then I would not have found this, it was the letter for Saints social club members.

There will be no option to choose seats however the following ticket options will be provided for members to select when registering (your selection will apply to all barcodes registered in the transaction):
I will accept the best available ticket – including standing room
Members can receive a premium seat, a prime seat, a standard seat, a restricted view seat or a standing room ticket.
I will accept the best available reserved seat – no standing room
Members can receive a premium seat, a prime seat, a standard seat, a restricted view seat only. Members will not be allocated a standing room ticket.
Please be aware that by selecting this option, you are nominating to forfeit your Grand Final ticket if during the random allocation process you are selected for a standing room ticket,. At no point are you guaranteed a seat and should the random ticket allocation process allocate you a Standing Room ticket then by choosing this option will not be sucessfull in securing your entry into the AFL Toyota Grandfinal. All ticket allocations are random and are conducted by the AFL and not by the St Kilda Football Club.

I hope I'm worrying about nothing, I like a lot chose no standing ticket because we were told (verbally), that priority 1 members were guaranteed a SEAT. I'm hoping St.Kilda is different because they capped their social club membership at 11,500 and I think ours is 10,000. All I know is that when we win this week, I for one will be shi.... bricks until I see that GF SEAT Ticket in my hand.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Thats why just in case I chose standing room included, even though I'm a Prioroity 1 member

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 01:27 PM
OldBulldog, hopefully you are worrying about nothing, as priority one members we should be guaranteed a seat if we make it. I received an email from the club with a survey re. finals tickets & I let them know I was NOT happy about the threat of missing out all together if we chose option 1 and not 2. I asked them what we pay the extra to be social club members for if that's the case. I hope you and all the priroty one members get a seat WHEN we make the grand final!! :D

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Ive chosen Option 1 as well (my mate did on my behalf anyway) so it would be utter bull to miss out on a seat after paying the extra to be in the social club..

I dont wanna pay that $110 to get an 'opportunity of buying a standing room ticket' if we were to make the grand final, I want a seat, screw those corporate honchos who don't live and die by either clubs that make it on the day yet wind up with good (usually free) seats :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Ive chosen Option 1 as well (my mate did on my behalf anyway) so it would be utter bull to miss out on a seat after paying the extra to be in the social club..

I dont wanna pay that $110 to get an 'opportunity of buying a standing room ticket' if we were to make the grand final, I want a seat, screw those corporate honchos who don't live and die by either clubs that make it on the day yet wind up with good (usually free) seats :rolleyes:
I can sleep tonight now, one of the guys from Membership told me today that is why we capped our social club at 8,000 (I tought we 10,000), so they could guarantee every social club member a SEAT. Unlike St.Kilda who got greedy and sold nearly 12,000, that is why they could end up with standing room.

Off the topic he laso told us that next season we are going to be offered (at a cost) a reserved seat for away games as well. I have out this in every survey for years for us that go to away games I think it will be great. Some games we just get a freebie on level 3, but the bigger games we end up buying a resereved seat. I would mucg rather the money go to the club.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Off the topic he laso told us that next season we are going to be offered (at a cost) a reserved seat for away games as well. I have out this in every survey for years for us that go to away games I think it will be great. Some games we just get a freebie on level 3, but the bigger games we end up buying a resereved seat. I would mucg rather the money go to the club.

Interesting. How would this 'reserved away seat' work against the home team who have reserved seats? It would only have to end up being a reserved level 3 seat you'd think.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Interesting. How would this 'reserved away seat' work against the home team who have reserved seats? It would only have to end up being a reserved level 3 seat you'd think.
We have Essendon friends who have always had the same seat at Etihad for away games on level 1 in the pocket.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 05:01 PM
I also have put that in the comments area of surveys. All my collingwood friends also have reserved seats at all their away games at etihad and mcg.