PDA

View Full Version : Prelim - Where are you sitting?

The Pie Man
13-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Noting Danstar's issues with Ticketek, I will say their allocation of standard seating is perplexingly random (going from middle of row LL in M56 to HH in M3, then JJ in M3)

I finally setlled on LL in M56, seats 1 & 2

The Underdog
13-09-2010, 10:25 AM
LL in M57.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Yep - very random. Kept trying to give me level 2 seats behind the goals. I had tried 5 or 6 times, but luckily reloading everything never took too long.

In the end, it's quite remarkable. I got seats directly behind where I was sitting v Collingwood. The same seat numbers and all!

M52
BB

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 10:37 AM
After trying about 50 times i kept getting level N.. Then i finally got M15, however my session only had 20 seconds left and it timed out.. Was not happy!

Kept trying and trying and ended up with:

M16 JJ which im pretty happy with!

G-Mo77
13-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Can't go this week. :(

Although I don't miss getting the crappy seats allocated by Ticktek and spending an hour going back and forth trying to find a good seat.

Give them a ring and demand something better if you're not happy with it. That is if you can get through. :o It worked for me last week.

wend1604
13-09-2010, 11:17 AM
M14 Row D. This time I rang up and demanded seats closer to the front. I took your advice G-Mo77 :)

aker39
13-09-2010, 11:21 AM
M3
Row HH

G-Mo77
13-09-2010, 11:23 AM
M14 Row D. This time I rang up and demanded seats closer to the front. I took your advice G-Mo77 :)

I'm glad someone did. :)

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Got some terrible seats. But ill be there, thats all that counts.

Mate booked 5 of us and the closest he could get was q52 row x..close to the 50m line. This seating system is shizen.

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:07 PM
M1, row U. Sounds like we've got lots of Bulldogs supporters around us. :)

Desipura
13-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Got some terrible seats. But ill be there, thats all that counts.

Mate booked 5 of us and the closest he could get was q52 row x..close to the 50m line. This seating system is shizen.
Alexx, I got 6 free tix given to me, I think they are in row 51 front row (apparently good seats (right beside where channel 7 sit before the game).
There are a total of 5 rows where we are sitting.
Row X is a bit of a bummer, at least you are there!

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:25 PM
People Ring up Ticktek. Say you want level 1, but tell them to search level 1 - p

i rang 3 times. first time he said nothing on level 1 behind goal area unless its premium. then he searched souther stand prime and he was giving row b,c,d,e,f tickets. but if they dont search it as prime, it gives them premium only.

I have M1, Row B (Prime Price)

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:32 PM
People Ring up Ticktek. Say you want level 1, but tell them to search level 1 - p

i rang 3 times. first time he said nothing on level 1 behind goal area unless its premium. then he searched souther stand prime and he was giving row b,c,d,e,f tickets. but if they dont search it as prime, it gives them premium only.

So which is more expensive? Premium or Prime? They both sound equally as good. Confusing!! How about they just say: Great, Good and OK? ;)

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:33 PM

Yeah shoulda told my mate to do that, we take it in turns to get the tickets and it was his this morning. So I had no say really, but as long as im there!

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Premium is the most expensive.
THen Prime
Then Standard

Doc26
13-09-2010, 12:52 PM

Danstar, thanks muchly for the advice. Having just come out of a regular Monday morning meeting was running late in arranging my ticket for Saturday. Have just taken your advice word for word and managed to get Level 1, M1, Row B as well at Prime - Total price $111.50 with eMail fee. You were spot on, you have to mention the Prime search piece (in my case twice) otherwise their default is to send you skywards.

Mantis
13-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Corporate box.

Win or lose I'm getting wasted.

Doc26
13-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Corporate box.

Win or lose I'm getting wasted.

You're a lucky boy.

Unfortunately the way the cards have fallen I'm doing it on my lonesome this week. Regular crew are slumming it in the MCC Reserve.

OLD SCRAGGer
13-09-2010, 01:39 PM
M53
ROW: A

VERY happy with seats again:)

Sockeye Salmon
13-09-2010, 02:56 PM
$123 for football tickets is obscene

Chicago1
13-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I'll be sitting in a Holiday Inn Express just south of Indianapolis hopefully listening to the match on my nephew's laptop. We're traveling to Santa Claus Indiana and St Louis Missouri over the weekend to ride roller coasters. My nephew made sure he booked a motel that had high speed internet access so I could listen to the match. It starts at 5.20am Indianapolis time. If we win, I plan on booking a ticket to Melbourne on our return Sunday evening, hoping to fly out of Chicago Tuesday, arriving at Tullamarine on Thursday morning. And if the Doggies make it and I make it, I'll be in dire need of a Grand Final ticket.

If we lose on Saturday, I'll see you for the start of the 2011 season, as long as we play in Melbourne the first three rounds. Otherwise I'll book for arriving when we have three good Melbourne matches in a row.

Desipura
13-09-2010, 03:16 PM
I'll be sitting in a Holiday Inn Express just south of Indianapolis hopefully listening to the match on my nephew's laptop. We're traveling to Santa Claus Indiana and St Louis Missouri over the weekend to ride roller coasters. My nephew made sure he booked a motel that had high speed internet access so I could listen to the match. It starts at 5.20am Indianapolis time. If we win, I plan on booking a ticket to Melbourne on our return Sunday evening, hoping to fly out of Chicago Tuesday, arriving at Tullamarine on Thursday morning. And if the Doggies make it and I make it, I'll be in dire need of a Grand Final ticket.

If we lose on Saturday, I'll see you for the start of the 2011 season, as long as we play in Melbourne the first three rounds. Otherwise I'll book for arriving when we have three good Melbourne matches in a row.

Ahhh Indianapolis, I have fond memories from visting my 2nd cousin in 1993, nice quit place. None of the locals believed I was an Aussie. Why would an aussie go to Indianapolis they would ask?

Picken Knows
13-09-2010, 03:23 PM
I'll be sitting in a Holiday Inn Express just south of Indianapolis

I thought you'd booked to come for the prelim.

Chicago1
13-09-2010, 03:25 PM
We normally just drive through Indianapolis on our way to Cincinnati, Kentucky or Santa Claus, Indiana. We couldn't get a cheap motel on Priceline anywhere near Santa Claus, so my nephew, knowing that I wanted to listen to the match at the usual ungodly hour, booked us in at the Holiday Inn Express just south of the city for $28 for the night and that includes a free breakfast bar. I have to admit that Priceline has been fantastic for booking motels on our roller coaster trips. We even got a Sheraton near Philadelphia for about $35 a night a few years back. I got the Pittsburgh Hilton Downtown for $45 last year. I flew all the way to Pittsburgh to watch the Cubs play one game and they lost it. So what else is new?

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 03:30 PM

It would be understandable for an all-day music festival, not a 2hr football game :rolleyes:

Chicago1
13-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I thought you'd booked to come for the prelim.

I postponed my flights last week until 2011. It was just impossible to wait until after the outcome of our match on Saturday to decide if I'd be going or not based on the result. If we would have lost against Sydney I would have had to not only cancel my flights directly after the match, I also would have organised my replacement caregiver responsibilities here for nothing. I was not going to fly in for the PFs and GF if we weren't going to be involved. I have caregiver responsibilities that are a bit complicated to change at the last minute like I thought I'd be able to do when I first booked my flights. If we would have beaten Collingwood last weekend I would have been in Melbourne right now. Damn Magpies! :mad:

cinder
13-09-2010, 03:41 PM
I was bored so I snuck a look onto the Saints forums ...

'As fans, all we can do is target one or two opposition players to heckle/boo every time they go near the ball.

May I suggest Gia as our target this week. Pity they sacked Acker !!'

Typical St Kilda supporters!

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I'll be sitting in a Holiday Inn Express just south of Indianapolis hopefully listening to the match on my nephew's laptop. We're traveling to Santa Claus Indiana and St Louis Missouri over the weekend to ride roller coasters. My nephew made sure he booked a motel that had high speed internet access so I could listen to the match. It starts at 5.20am Indianapolis time.

Where are you riding these roller coasters Chicago1? We have done a couple of trips to the USA and been to a few theme parks, as my husband & I both love the thrill rides.

In 2005 we visited Canadas Wonderland in Toronto, Disneyland, California Adventure & Knotts Berry Farm in Anaheim & Six Flaggs Magic Mountain just north of LA.

In 2007 we were lucky enough to get to Cedar Point in Ohio, which is roller coaster heaven in our eyes!! Oh how I wish we had decent theme parks here!! :D

Mantis
13-09-2010, 03:58 PM

'As fans, all we can do is target one or two opposition players to heckle/boo every time they go near the ball.

So where are you sitting?

Chicago1
13-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Where are you riding these roller coasters Chicago1? We have done a couple of trips to the USA and been to a few theme parks, as my husband & I both love the thrill rides.

In 2005 we visited Canadas Wonderland in Toronto, Disneyland, California Adventure & Knotts Berry Farm in Anaheim & Six Flaggs Magic Mountain just north of LA.

In 2007 we were lucky enough to get to Cedar Point in Ohio, which is roller coaster heaven in our eyes!! Oh how I wish we had decent theme parks here!! :D

We're going to Holiday World in Santa Claus Indiana http://www.holidayworld.com/ and Six Flags St Louis. http://www.sixflags.com/stLouis/index.aspx Holiday World is family owned and has three of the best wooden coasters in the US: The Voyage, The Legend and The Raven. We were there in June, just two weeks before the owner died suddenly at the age of 48. The entrance fee includes free drinks. SF St Louis has a few good coasters, mainly The Boss, Evil Knievel and Mr Freeze. I haven't been there in two years. Cedar Point http://www.cedarpoint.com/ is without a doubt my favourite theme park. I love Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster still makes me nervous waiting for the launch. Last year I got stuck on Raptor and had to be evacuated with the others by walking down a seven story tall metal spiral staircase that swayed as each person stepped down it. THAT was scarier than any coaster I've been on! :D

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 04:24 PM
We're going to Holiday World in Santa Claus Indiana http://www.holidayworld.com/ and Six Flags St Louis. http://www.sixflags.com/stLouis/index.aspx Holiday World is family owned and has three of the best wooden coasters in the US: The Voyage, The Legend and The Raven. We were there in June, just two weeks before the owner died suddenly at the age of 48. The entrance fee includes free drinks. SF St Louis has a few good coasters, mainly The Boss, Evil Knievel and Mr Freeze. I haven't been there in two years. Cedar Point http://www.cedarpoint.com/ is without a doubt my favourite theme park. I love Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster still makes me nervous waiting for the launch. Last year I got stuck on Raptor and had to be evacuated with the others by walking down a seven story tall metal spiral staircase that swayed as each person stepped down it. THAT was scarier than any coaster I've been on! :D

FANTASTIC!! Thanks for the info.

Sorry for getting 'off track' fellow WOOFers. :D

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Danstar, thanks muchly for the advice. Having just come out of a regular Monday morning meeting was running late in arranging my ticket for Saturday. Have just taken your advice word for word and managed to get Level 1, M1, Row B as well at Prime - Total price $111.50 with eMail fee. You were spot on, you have to mention the Prime search piece (in my case twice) otherwise their default is to send you skywards.

sweet

cinder
13-09-2010, 04:32 PM
So where are you sitting?

M1. Not sure if that's the Saints cheer squad end or ours!

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 04:37 PM
M1. Not sure if that's the Saints cheer squad end or ours!

I'm in M1 too Cinder so hope it's the Bulldogs end!! :D

1eyedog
13-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Goodness I'm already getting nervous. At this rate by Friday I'll be a wreck!

The Underdog
13-09-2010, 04:52 PM

That's why I made sure I was on at 9am to get a $76 ticket on the bottom level, regardless of where it is or what row. I paid Prime price for week 1 but I wasn't going past standard for the semi or prelim.

Doc26
13-09-2010, 05:19 PM

Where for us we don't even need to think about it when they have the likes of Riewoldt and Milne running out.

cinder
13-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Where for us we don't even need to think about it when they have the likes of Riewoldt and Milne running out.

LOL. I don't mind Riewoldt but I can't stand Milne.

Cyberdoggie
13-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Still waiting to get mine.

I hate this ticketek booking system.

It seems to book seats starting from the goals then progressing to the wings all on the ground level.

I'm assuming when they exhaust the ground level seating then they start selling the upper levels.

I'm waiting for N, P or Q, can't stand watching the game from ground level.

bornadog
13-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Still waiting to get mine.

I hate this ticketek booking system.

It seems to book seats starting from the goals then progressing to the wings all on the ground level.

I'm assuming when they exhaust the ground level seating then they start selling the upper levels.

I'm waiting for N, P or Q, can't stand watching the game from ground level.

Me too, however, my mate books through AFL membership and always goes for ground level. I can't complain at $13.50 a Pop.

FlightoftheCallanWards
13-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Bulldogs cheer squad is M3. Im desperately trying to get standard tickets in this section like I have the last two weeks. Standard only coming up with up the very top though since 11am. Weird cause the last two weeks I bought them at around 5pm on the Monday and was easily able to get down the bottom.

Ill keep checking. Fingers crossed

cinder
13-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Me too, however, my mate books through AFL membership and always goes for ground level. I can't complain at $13.50 a Pop.

Yeah, times like that when being an AFL member really pays off.

I doubt I'd ever do it though, I don't really like going to the MCG. Prefer Etihad, so much easier to get to and park.

AndrewP6
13-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Yep - very random. Kept trying to give me level 2 seats behind the goals. I had tried 5 or 6 times, but luckily reloading everything never took too long.

In the end, it's quite remarkable. I got seats directly behind where I was sitting v Collingwood. The same seat numbers and all!

M52
BB

I'm there too- M52, row NN seat 2. Will have my WOOF scarf on...

NoName
13-09-2010, 08:35 PM
M2 - Row W

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 10:04 AM
M18 - Row FF

SlimPickens
14-09-2010, 10:26 AM
N23 very happy...now all we have to do is win!

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Bulldogs cheer squad is M3. Im desperately trying to get standard tickets in this section like I have the last two weeks. Standard only coming up with up the very top though since 11am. Weird cause the last two weeks I bought them at around 5pm on the Monday and was easily able to get down the bottom.

Ill keep checking. Fingers crossed

We're M1, row U. I think our ticket buyer purchased the meduim seats (premium??) $103. RIP OFF!!

At least we're at the Bulldogs end. :)

Picken Knows
14-09-2010, 10:37 AM
We're M1, row U. I think our ticket buyer purchased the meduim seats (premium??) $103. RIP OFF!!

1st week we bought Prime and was in the bay next to Standard, so for weeks 2 and 3, we have just bought Standard and been in the cheer squad bay, right next to Prime seats.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 10:39 AM
1st week we bought Prime and was in the bay next to Standard, so for weeks 2 and 3, we have just bought Standard and been in the cheer squad bay, right next to Prime seats.

Unfortunately someone else wanted to get the tickets this week, I would've opted for standard. :(

Sedat
14-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Lower level M17 in the Great Southern Stand - ripper seats. Also got lower level M19 on Friday night.

Greystache
14-09-2010, 12:14 PM
N23 very happy...now all we have to do is win!

You're welcome ;)

We just need to make sure we don't go to Young & Jackson's before the game, we're 0-5 when we go there and the club needs to win this one!

SlimPickens
14-09-2010, 12:18 PM
You're welcome ;)

We just need to make sure we don't go to Young & Jackson's before the game, we're 0-5 when we go there and the club needs to win this one!

Same as last week then!

bornadog
14-09-2010, 03:43 PM
M26, hh

Remi Moses
14-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know if Ticketek is at the W/o Wednesday?

Flamethrower
14-09-2010, 08:54 PM
N22.

LostDoggy
14-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Standing M10 steps with the mob!! Royal beforehand!!! and hopefully after, worked last week!!:D

Charlie the Wonder Dog
15-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Wifes cousin came good......

MCC Members :p

On the rare occassions I wangle into here, I always feel a little out of place.

Personally I still think thats a good thing ;)

Ozza
15-09-2010, 04:27 PM
^^^^
Nothing wrong with the MCC members Charlie!

Members, level 2 - in front of the Long Room, after a few handle pots to settle the nerves.

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 05:38 PM
M57 row J
M3 is cheersquad this week yes?

Remi Moses
15-09-2010, 06:08 PM

Probably the same ones that have bombarded Radio Lynton st wondering why Legend Lenny isn't in the All Aust team. The moan count now is at 500 and building. What I can't handle with them as soon as.alleged 1 and alleged 2 are jeered they carry on like schoolgirls!!

LostDoggy
15-09-2010, 08:42 PM
^^^^
Nothing wrong with the MCC members Charlie!

Members, level 2 - in front of the Long Room, after a few handle pots to settle the nerves.

Hope there is no feral Saints around us

The Pie Man
15-09-2010, 08:49 PM
LL in M56, seats 1 & 2

Guys, I've got a weird situation - I bought the above two tickets with the intention of taking my wife. Now firstly she can't come with me due to a friends birthday, and now my boss is almost certain he can offer me a free seat in the 3rd level of the GSS.

IF that was to happen, would anyone like to buy 2 standard seats cheap? Thinking 2 for one (which would be $76, a saving if exactly that)

Cyberdoggie
16-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I bought mine today and managed to get N33 row C ponsford stand.

I've been trying all week from 9am monday and didn't want ground level seats or to sit up the back of the top deck.

So basically i have been trying ticketek about 30 times a day, and have noticed the trend.

They start selling the M section to the member starting from the punt rd goal area and moving towards the wings. Once all the ground level seating for the category you want is exhausted then they move up to the next level.

At this stage there is still seating in the southern stand for premium seats, however prime seating will now get you to the first few rows of q section (southern stand).
If you punch in olympic stand as your preference it sends you to premium price on M level.
But if you punch in Ponsford stand, you get N level at premium.

I was tempted to go the prime seating row d q section southern stand but given the N section seats available on the ponsford i thought i'd spend the extra cash that i saved by not going to the semi or qualifying final.

Anyway just also like to add that i think ticketek and ticket master are a pack of !!@#$%.
surely in this day and age you could at least select the category of seat plus level you want to sit on, not 1 or the other.

Cyberdoggie
16-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Guys, I've got a weird situation - I bought the above two tickets with the intention of taking my wife. Now firstly she can't come with me due to a friends birthday, and now my boss is almost certain he can offer me a free seat in the 3rd level of the GSS.

IF that was to happen, would anyone like to buy 2 standard seats cheap? Thinking 2 for one (which would be $76, a saving if exactly that)

What seats are they?

Are they in the nose bleeds or behind the goals?

The Pie Man
16-09-2010, 06:10 PM
What seats are they?

Are they in the nose bleeds or behind the goals?

They're lower level just in front of standing room on one of the Punt Rd end pockets (so under cover)

I believe my in laws have found someone earlier this arvo to take them off my hands.

ReLoad
16-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Gutted, called away to work in Sydney over the weekend, totally gutted.

Sockeye Salmon
17-09-2010, 12:20 AM
I bought mine today and managed to get N33 row C ponsford stand.

I've been trying all week from 9am monday and didn't want ground level seats or to sit up the back of the top deck.

So basically i have been trying ticketek about 30 times a day, and have noticed the trend.

They start selling the M section to the member starting from the punt rd goal area and moving towards the wings. Once all the ground level seating for the category you want is exhausted then they move up to the next level.

At this stage there is still seating in the southern stand for premium seats, however prime seating will now get you to the first few rows of q section (southern stand).
If you punch in olympic stand as your preference it sends you to premium price on M level.
But if you punch in Ponsford stand, you get N level at premium.

I was tempted to go the prime seating row d q section southern stand but given the N section seats available on the ponsford i thought i'd spend the extra cash that i saved by not going to the semi or qualifying final.

Anyway just also like to add that i think ticketek and ticket master are a pack of !!@#$%.
surely in this day and age you could at least select the category of seat plus level you want to sit on, not 1 or the other.

I couldn't get N yesterday so I rang them. I was told all N seats were sold out (I thought that highly unlikely) but got row C in P14 (level 2A) which is OK.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 12:39 AM
M 14

Cyberdoggie
17-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I couldn't get N yesterday so I rang them. I was told all N seats were sold out (I thought that highly unlikely) but got row C in P14 (level 2A) which is OK.

That's pretty good.

I didn't see any seats for that level on ticketek at all.

mighty_west
17-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Section N24
Row H

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 03:53 PM
M 14

Desipura
17-09-2010, 04:00 PM
I have potentially a spare ticket at level N25 if anyone is interested, pm me

bornadog
17-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Gutted, called away to work in Sydney over the weekend, totally gutted.

Take a sickie:D

Desipura
17-09-2010, 05:00 PM
I should mention $60.00 for the ticket on level 2