PDA

View Full Version : Carlton Assistants - Monty Sacked!

The Coon Dog
13-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Robert Harvey has returned to St.Kilda whilst Carlton has not renewed the contracts of Matthew Lappin & Brett Montgomery.

Bring Monty back!

comrade
13-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Robert Harvey has returned to St.Kilda whilst Carlton has not renewed the contracts of Matthew Lappin & Brett Montgomery.

Bring Monty back!

Get him to knock some of the rookies on their arse!

Mantis
13-09-2010, 07:20 PM
If we can afford Monty I think we might chase him.

Rocket was a big fan of him when he was at the club.

The Coon Dog
13-09-2010, 07:22 PM
If we can afford Monty I think we might chase him.

Rocket was a big fan of him when he was at the club.

In addition to what we currently have, or should someone make way for him?

LostDoggy
13-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Absolutely bring Monty back if we wants to be here.

What is his role? Assistant? Hang around two years and a Matthew Primus situation could eventuate.

ledge
13-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Why was Monty not renewed, we all love him and if he is so good why was he sacked?

The Coon Dog
13-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Why was Monty not renewed, we all love him and if he is so good why was he sacked?

I guess you would have to ask Carlton that.

Mantis
13-09-2010, 08:51 PM
In addition to what we currently have, or should someone make way for him?

There was talk that Cameron was on his way to Hawthorn, and although Leon denied these rumours, where there is smoke there is usually fire so Monty may take this spot.

I doubt we would have the funds to add another member to the footy department.

The Coon Dog
13-09-2010, 08:58 PM
There was talk that Cameron was on his way to Hawthorn, and although Leon denied these rumours, where there is smoke there is usually fire so Monty may take this spot.

I doubt we would have the funds to add another member to the footy department.

I'd be very happy if Monty replaced Cameron.

GVGjr
13-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I'd be very happy if Monty replaced Cameron.

I don't want either. Lets target Mark Neeld and a couple of other guys.

comrade
13-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Without knowing Monty's abilities as a coach, I'd prefer fresh ideas from somebody not previously linked to the Bulldogs. Coming from a successful system should also be part of the selection criteria.

The Coon Dog
13-09-2010, 09:09 PM

The only way we could afford Mark Neeld would be if he was to replace Rodney Eade. Why would he take a pay cut to leave Collingwood?

I'm assuming he's on significantly more at Collingwood based on the feedback about what our assistants are supposedly paid.

Bulldog Revolution
13-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Lots of finger pointing amongst the assistants at Carlton. I think Monty does have some merit, but should he get some experience coaching his own team?

We had our opportunity previously to tab Neeld and clearly he seems to be the main assistant at Collingwood even though Bucks is ready to takeover

Maybe with the Buckley handover he might view the Dogs as a situation for him to take the mantle, that would be the appeal, but we would have to find some more dollars. Not sure Eade would want to hire someone he views as a threat to take his job.

GVGjr
13-09-2010, 09:15 PM
The only way we could afford Mark Neeld would be if he was to replace Rodney Eade. Why would he take a pay cut to leave Collingwood?

I'm assuming he's on significantly more at Collingwood based on the feedback about what our assistants are supposedly paid.

To become the number 2 at a contending club.

He will just be stuck behind Malthouse and Buckley for another season

Max469
13-09-2010, 10:50 PM
I know that Monty wants to come back to the Bulldogs - he is hanging out to be with us.

He didn't want to be at Carlton next week and would have left anyway.

If he does not come back to us he will try his luck with his good friend Matt Primus.

mjp
13-09-2010, 11:27 PM

Already contracted for 2011.

chef
14-09-2010, 07:40 AM

Or Scott West:).

Mantis
14-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Or Scott West:).

Could he really help in turning our team into a GF team, not just a PF team? (Assuming we don't win on Saturday night)

I say this as Scott never played in a GF as an AFL player and since his retirement has been in a system that in a sense has started from scratch.

I'm just not sure what experience he could draw on to help us get that extra 10% better that we need.

OLD SCRAGGer
14-09-2010, 08:48 AM
The rumour a few weeks back was that Simon Goodwin was coming to Doggies as Assistant Coach.

chef
14-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Could he really help in turning our team into a GF team, not just a PF team? (Assuming we don't win on Saturday night)

I say this as Scott never played in a GF as an AFL player and since his retirement has been in a system that in a sense has started from scratch.

I'm just not sure what experience he could draw on to help us get that extra 10% better that we need.

Fair enough. I'm not sure whether he can provide that extra 10%, I just like what he's done to Melbourne's mid field this year. But in saying that I'm more than happy for Cameron to stay where he is as I think he's already doing an awesome job.

Remi Moses
14-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Pretty sure if there is a change or two the club will go with the best available and not just a favourite son...