PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Eade on SEN

Cyberdoggie
16-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Rocket was just on the radio with KB.

Some of the points were:

* All the talk is about the pies v cats game and who will play the saints in the GF,

* We are not the underdog but everyone has written us off.

* Thinks there is a real belief in the group that they are a good chance

* Griffen, Williams, Lake were quite sore from the rnd 22 match where they received injuries, and that they all pulled up much better after the semi final than they did after the qualifying final.

* Hooper's celebration after his goal may of seemed a little over the top but it really rallied the group as it was a big goal at a crucial time, despite the seemingly easy shot at goal.

* After the pies game the thought was that they would probably make 5 or so changes but decided to look at how the players trained during the week and who stood up and wanted to play. Spoke to players individually on this topic as well.

* Cooney is a slim chance for the GF (if we make it). He ran 5k today so that was pleasing but rocket thinks that if he did come into calculations, it would be a gamble.

* On Harbrow, has been struggling a bit, has been forward, middle etc, but last week moved him back to where he plays his best football and it was a pleasing return to form.

* Harbrow negotiations: Rocket indicated fairly strongly that he is gone without saying so exactly. Said the money and personal reasons are the big factor, although has said to Jarrad that he still loves the way he plays football, and that he has told him all along that he would prefer to know when he has made a decision sooner rather than later, that way we can plan ahead (drafting/trading etc). So far Jarrad hasn't said anything.

* Dale Morris will be named. Lost most likely to play.

* Looks to be 1 change to the side, Morris in, not sure who is out.

* KB asked if rocket had any thoughts on coaching from the interchange bench, Rocket said he was oldschool and that he can't see the game from down there. He prefers to be up high to watch the plays and movements etc. Says coaches that do coach down there must have strong faith in the assistant coaches watching from up high. Also said they he does in his coaches but he just prefers to be up there.

Murphy'sLore
16-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks CD, just missed it (damn).

Mantis
16-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks CD.

Sounds like there is some quiet confidence amongst the group, let's hope we give a good account of ourselves.

always right
16-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Apparently there is a "fair bit of belief in the group". If I had $10 for everytime I've heard that:)

Nothing short of the commitment they showed in last year's prelim will suffice. Go dogs.

Cyberdoggie
16-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Apparently there is a "fair bit of belief in the group". If I had $10 for everytime I've heard that:)

Nothing short of the commitment they showed in last year's prelim will suffice. Go dogs.

Rocket does love his sayings.

Perhaps we should run another thread on the top Rocket sayings, or Rocketism's.

A few would be:

* There's a fair bit of belief amongst the group

* He'll certainly come into calculations

* Certainly his form as been pleasing

The Pie Man
16-09-2010, 02:41 PM

A few would be:

* Having said that...

LostDoggy
16-09-2010, 02:58 PM
* our effort was down across the half
* won't look to make too many changes

Sedat
16-09-2010, 03:10 PM
* It's an interesting one...

Greystache
16-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't have thought.....

Whether ..... I'm not too sure.

Cyberdoggie
16-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Hehehe,

guess i'm not the only one who has noticed then

The Bulldogs Bite
16-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Personally I wish he didn't say Hooper's reaction's were "a bit over the top" - this group needs more enthusiasum, not less.

LostDoggy
16-09-2010, 05:47 PM

A few would be:

Probably.....we probably.............

Twodogs
16-09-2010, 07:46 PM
*Jarrod still hasnt got told me his decision.

Bumper Bulldogs
16-09-2010, 08:18 PM
He's second and third efforts were really good..... That translates to Hahn was second to the ball and had to chase 2 blokes as Higgo was still coming.

AndrewP6
17-09-2010, 12:26 AM

A few would be:

And 'resolve'

From the East meets West and Family days - "He's a bit different" (used referring to several players - Minno, Coons a couple)

Ghost Dog
18-09-2010, 01:28 AM
The reason Rocket coaches from the Box is it's easier to hide the STOMP.
:)

I don't care what Hoops does after the goal as long as he slots them.
Some debutantes take ages to kick their first goal. Who was that Sydney kid who kicked 14 points before getting one?
Go hog wild hoops!

The Pie Man
18-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Some debutantes take ages to kick their first goal. Who was that Sydney kid who kicked 14 points before getting one?
Go hog wild hoops!

Jetta, and it was more like 19

ratsmac
18-09-2010, 03:17 PM

A few would be:

Pleasing, Eade love to say pleasing.