PDA

View Full Version : Griffen injured at training???

aker39
17-09-2010, 01:15 PM
SEN are reporting that Griffen left the track 15 minutes early, holding his hamstring.

Can any of our track watches add anything more.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I just started the same thread!! Feel free to delete mine mods. ;)

I hope he's ok. :(

Mantis
17-09-2010, 01:26 PM
My report is that things don't look too good.

Fingers crossed everyone.

comrade
17-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Un-****ing-believable

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 01:29 PM
A St Kilda supporter told me, so I didn't believe him. Ended up ringing SEN and asked them. Come on Griff, we need you!!

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Herald Sun reported holding his Thigh.

Mantis, not liking what you are saying.

Sedat
17-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Hopefully this is a ruse along the lines of Wayde Skipper walking in front of the cameras in a moon boot a few seasons ago, although it's hard to fake a hammy :(

Fingers crossed indeed.

Ozza
17-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Bloody hell.

GVGjr
17-09-2010, 01:39 PM
It would be a huge risk to take him into the game if he is carrying that sort of injury.

We can't catch a break at the moment.

bornadog
17-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I was at training with TCD and we didin't see him hobble off. Lets hope he is ok?

Mofra
17-09-2010, 01:44 PM
FFS! What else can go wrong?

Mantis
17-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I was at training with TCD and we didin't see him hobble off. Lets hope he is ok?

It happened.

Injury scare for Bulldogs (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/injury-scare-for-bulldogs/story-e6frf9jf-1225925288859)

Some prick must have put a curse on us 6 weeks back... This seriously sucks!!!

The Coon Dog
17-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Everyone I have tried ringing is remaining tight lipped. I don't like the sound of that.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Our emergencies do not cover our midfield.

Watch closely to see how serious this is. If it is serious we will see a change in our emergency list with Moles coming in most likely for Everitt.

always right
17-09-2010, 01:56 PM
F***:mad:

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Could be a blind ... lets hope so

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Our emergencies do not cover our midfield.

Watch closely to see how serious this is. If it is serious we will see a change in our emergency list with Moles coming in most likely for Everitt.

Moles left training with the other guys that are not involved

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 02:01 PM
oh f*#&:mad::mad:

Murphy'sLore
17-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Oh please please please please please please...:(

wend1604
17-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :(

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 02:17 PM
If I was a betting man which I am I think woofers will see the 16 run out to play tomorrow night. Ducks and Drakes with the Saints with Baker

Doc26
17-09-2010, 02:23 PM
This is frightfully awful news if true. I hope you're right hughy31.

mighty_west
17-09-2010, 02:26 PM
If I was a betting man which I am I think woofers will see the 16 run out to play tomorrow night. Ducks and Drakes with the Saints with Baker

I got a similar feeling, when it smells like BS....

bulldogsman
17-09-2010, 02:35 PM
It's his thigh apparently

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102770/default.aspx

1eyedog
17-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Where did this come from? I watched him come off, but he wasn't holding his thigh. I was about 20 metres away from him behind the goals next to the training centre watching Grant and Barry have shots at goal. He was walking funny, but he always walks like that.

bornadog
17-09-2010, 02:40 PM

:eek: I hope there are more than that:D

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 02:42 PM
I watched him come off, but he wasn't holding his thigh.

Do you mean he was holding something else (hammy), or he wasn't holding anything at all 1eyedog?

Murphy'sLore
17-09-2010, 02:44 PM

At the rate we're going, maybe there won't be :(

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 02:54 PM

The player with number 16

1eyedog
17-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Do you mean he was holding something else (hammy), or he wasn't holding anything at all 1eyedog?

I'm obviously no spots medico but neither are any of the media at the session. He wasn't holding his thigh or anything else. He grabbed his skins above the knee and pulled them up slightly and then disappeared inside. I saw him in the doorway 2 mins after he went in so he obviously wasn't being asessed for any great length of time. I thought he just left the track early and didn't think he had an injury.

cinder
17-09-2010, 03:02 PM
I was there and did not see this at all

bornadog
17-09-2010, 03:15 PM
The player with number 16

Just joking.

Hopefully he will be ok.

Desipura
17-09-2010, 03:21 PM
If Griff beats Jones early who do the saints turn to? Baker.
I think Eade would like it if Baker does not play.;)
Just my 2 cents worth........

1eyedog
17-09-2010, 03:25 PM
A lot of people I spoke to at training thought Hill would come in for Hooper.

I was surprised how good Stack's skills are

Gia was doing midfield drills

Murph trained down back

Will did heaps of goal kicking, continued with Crossy after all the others went in

Jones has good skills for a big fella

Boyd seemed to miss targets, Harbrow didn't miss one

There were a hell of a lot of high fives and bum slapping, the boys look confident.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 03:32 PM

I was surprised how good Stack's skills are

Gia was doing midfield drills

Murph trained down back

Will did heaps of goal kicking, continued with Crossy after all the others went in

Jones has good skills for a big fella

Boyd seemed to miss targets, Harbrow didn't miss one

There were a hell of a lot of high fives and bum slapping, the boys look confident.

Great to hear 1eyedog.Sounds like there is a good feeling around the place after last week.
I saw a Lindsay Gilbee in the 2nd half last week against Sydney that I haven't seen all year. He just had a look about him that meant business.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Fox Sport News keeps showing footage of Griff walking off from training rubbing (briefly) his left thigh. He's walking as usual (to me anyway). John Barnes has a joke with him as he walks by. The news reader talks over the footage with "bad news from Whitten Oval training today" and "Griffen limps off".

The atmosphere at training today was buzzing. I sat up in the stands to watch, nearby was Dean Laidley looking on. All the boys were looking pretty happy out there and so they should. Prelim 3 years in a row is no mean feat. Get on with the job tomorrow night over St Kilda and next week will be brilliant. I can visualise Johnno and Rocket holding that cup up on the dais tomorrow week ...

angelopetraglia
17-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Twitter update:

SENNEWS

Western Bulldogs have just said Griffen suffered hamstring tightness and they'll see how he pulls up. They're hoping he plays.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-09-2010, 04:04 PM

I saw Griff leave the field early holding his left thigh/hamstring and immediately asked the question if he had done something.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 04:11 PM

:eek: Eek! I hope not.

bornadog
17-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Fox Sport News keeps showing footage of Griff walking off from training rubbing (briefly) his left thigh. He's walking as usual (to me anyway). John Barnes has a joke with him as he walks by. The news reader talks over the footage with "bad news from Whitten Oval training today" and "Griffen limps off".

The atmosphere at training today was buzzing. I sat up in the stands to watch, nearby was Dean Laidley looking on. All the boys were looking pretty happy out there and so they should. Prelim 3 years in a row is no mean feat. Get on with the job tomorrow night over St Kilda and next week will be brilliant. I can visualise Johnno and Rocket holding that cup up on the dais tomorrow week ...

Saw laidley coming out of nthe Elite Training Centre, not sure of he is helping out or just wondering around? Would be interseting if he was helping Rocket with some strategies. Wouldn't he be a great acquistion for the club, if we could afford him.

Greystache
17-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Saw laidley coming out of nthe Elite Training Centre, not sure of he is helping out or just wondering around? Would be interseting if he was helping Rocket with some strategies. Wouldn't he be a great acquistion for the club, if we could afford him.

He'd be on a substantially better wicket, but with talk Leon Cameron is moving on would he be a chance to be senior assistant coach in charge of the midfield?

His biggest gripe as a coach was lack of football department resources, in particular training facilities, maybe he was checking ours out. Probably unlikely though, you'd think if he was he wouldn't do it in such a public forum.

bornadog
17-09-2010, 04:31 PM
He'd be on a substantially better wicket, but with talk Leon Cameron is moving on would he be a chance to be senior assistant coach in charge of the midfield?

His biggest gripe as a coach was lack of football department resources, in particular training facilities, maybe he was checking ours out. Probably unlikely though, you'd think if he was he wouldn't do it in such a public forum.

Heard him yesterday saying he had an hour or so meeting with Essendon, so he is keen on a senior coaching role.

Remi Moses
17-09-2010, 05:31 PM
This getting KGB like! Personally I think they're playing games trying to flush out If Baker is playing. Funny the usual spiel is "He's right to play",not we're "hopeful"if he wasn't playing.
Just hope to frigging Christ he turns out !!!!

EasternWest
17-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Twitter update:

SENNEWS

Western Bulldogs have just said Griffen suffered hamstring tightness and they'll see how he pulls up. They're hoping he plays.

I'd say this one wins as understatement of the century AP :D.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Any one heard the latest news? SO NERVOUS!

ratsmac
17-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Just when I thought our luck had changed with Morris ready to go this bloody happens. I hope they are trying to play games with the saints selection of Baker.

Doggy
17-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Tony Jones on 9 said he hurt his knee even though the footage showed him rubbing his quad?????????

Hammy? Quad? Knee?

I reckon we are playing games

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Tony Jones on 9 said he hurt his knee even though the footage showed him rubbing his quad?????????

Hammy? Quad? Knee?

I reckon we are playing games

Your avatar, is quality.

Doggy
17-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Your avatar, is quality.

Thanks, that's my niece Tia in front of Abu Simbel in Egypt.
She was an Essendon supporter until I bribed her with 20 Egyptian pounds (about $5.00 Australian) to become a doggy supporter.
It's been two years and she's still a doggy.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Fox news said he re aggravated his knee and left training early. The way people are talking it's like he aggravated it and left so not to do anymore damage. John Barnes said something to him on the way off and Griff was laughing so he didn't look too concerned. Plus Cooney said he should be right just now on TV.