PDA

View Full Version : Game Day - PF2 Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda

BulldogBelle
17-09-2010, 04:00 PM
This is the discussion thread for this Saturday night's PF2 game at the MCG against St Kilda.

My predictions are:

The Dogs by 12 points
BOG : Daniel Cross
Barry Hall to kick the first goal

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Dogs by I dont care how much by, I just want them to break the Prelim curse!
BOG Giansiracusa
Big Bad Barry for the first goal.

Please Bulldogs! PLEASE!

1eyedog
17-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Saints to kick away in last quarter

Saints by 22 points
Grant for first goal
Goddard best for Saints
Cross best for us

I have never wanted to be more wrong in my life

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Saints to kick away in last quarter

Saints by 22 points
Grant for first goal
Goddard best for Saints
Cross best for us

I have never wanted to be more wrong in my life

You will be

Dogs by 36
Hooper first goal
Morris B.O.G

Greystache
17-09-2010, 04:45 PM
You will be

Dogs by 36
Hooper first goal
Morris B.O.G

I'm not sure which of those is the most ambitious.

Mantis
17-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure which of those is the most ambitious.

D - All of the above.

Sedat
17-09-2010, 05:17 PM
We mightn't even get to 36 points going on recent history between the two teams - mind you, St Kilda won't get there much earlier.

Bulldog4life
17-09-2010, 05:17 PM
The Dogs by 2 points
BOG : Bob Murphy
Barry Hall to kick the first goal

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Dogs by 7 points
BOG: Daniel Cross
First Goal: Bobby Murphy

chef
17-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Doggies by 13 points.
Murphy BOG.
Hall First Goal.

EasternWest
17-09-2010, 05:53 PM
We will beat St. Kilda
Dogs by 11
Boyd BOG
Addison first goal
We will beat St. Kilda

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Bulldogs to win by 22 points (I had a dream about it!!) :D
BOG: Daniel Cross
Ist goal: Barry Hall

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Keeping the dream alive....

Dogs by 3 points
BOG = Gia
First goal = Hall

Doggy
17-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Bulldogs by 5 points
Gia for first goal
Gilbee BOG

DOG GOD
17-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Sorry guys....

Saints by 19pts

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Sorry guys....

Saints by 19pts

Shun the non believer! SHUNNNN! ;)

Chicago1
17-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Bulldogs by 3 points
Bazza first goal
Crossy BOG

choconmientay
17-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Dogs by 7 points
BOG: Murphy
First Goal: Grant

choconmientay
17-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Sorry guys....

Saints by 19pts

Now up you go... to the naughty corner ... :)

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Dogs by 2 (pleasepleasepleaseplease)
Don't care about the rest!

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Dogs by 1. In double extra time.
But won't see it, as I would have had a heart attack in the final moments of the 4th qtr.

AndrewP6
17-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Heart says: Dogs by 5 points
BOG Murph
First goal Bazza!

Head says we won't get close...

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Not predicting anything this week, just hoping the boys have a red hot dip & walk off with nothing left in the tank.

AndrewP6
17-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Not predicting anything this week, just hoping the boys have a red hot dip & walk off with nothing left in the tank.

Good call,that's how I'm approaching it.

boydogs
18-09-2010, 03:48 AM
Dogs by 41
First Goal Hall
BOG Boyd

westdog54
18-09-2010, 08:49 AM
I've predicted us to win every prelim we've been in since 1997. So on that basis:

Saints by 25.
Gia first goal.
Hayes BOG
Hudson BOG for us. I can see him having a monster of a game.

I'm not a non-believer, I'm just taking one for the team.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Dogs by 9 points
Hall first Goal
Hall BOG, this is what big time player seek and Bazza is Big Time.

We are good enough to beat these guys we just need a good start.

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Today is the day, everything else means nothing.

We can win today boys, give it your all, everything in your heart & the Bulldog spirit will take you over the line. Time to stand up and be a part of history, today is our time. Let's Johno off in style, is about time he lifted the cup.

GO DOGS!!!

Daughter of the West
18-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Dogs by 5 (with the siren going as Dogs are in the defensive 50, me having a heart attack and peeking through my hands)
First goal: BBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
BOG: Murphy

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 12:59 PM
If we win tonight can someone tell me the last time we had a better one coz the way Im feeling this would be the best one in my life time.

Johnno will miss after the siren and we win by a point.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Dogs by 4 points
First goal: Giansiracusa
BOG: Griffen

If we win, I may not even make it to the Grand Final.

The Pie Man
18-09-2010, 01:12 PM
I have a feeling they'll be cherry ripe for the first quarter - my hope is they can pinch an early lead, as I fear St Kilda will have the better legs in the second half.

Trying not to get my hopes up, sick of getting to the end of prelim weekend with an honorable loss saying 'we were comfortably the third best team this year' to people.

Carn Dogs

BulldogBelle
18-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Saints by 31. Sorry.
Our BOG : Hudson.
1st goal: Ward.

Go Dogs.

Flamethrower
18-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Heart: Doggies by 10 points
(Head: Aints by 30 points)

First goal: Bazza

Best on ground: Ben Hudson

anfo27
18-09-2010, 01:51 PM
I've heard that Mitch Hahn will be a late inclusion for Hooper and Griffen will definately play.

1eyedog
18-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I've heard that Mitch Hahn will be a late inclusion for Hooper and Griffen will definately play.

I've heard Everitt or Hill in for Hooper and Griffen will play ;)

Who knows

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Head says Saints by 20, heart says Bulldogs by enough to win it!

BOG: Hall
First goal: Lake

(Dogs, just leave nothing out there - give it 110%, do us proud)

choconmientay
18-09-2010, 07:14 PM

You were correct :(

Changes to the selected side
In: Hahn
Out: Andrew Hooper
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102832/default.aspx.

I don't like the back flip from the MC. At least they should have included Jones instead of Hahn.

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 09:33 PM
You were correct :(

Changes to the selected side
In: Hahn
Out: Andrew Hooper
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102832/default.aspx.

I don't like the back flip from the MC. At least they should have included Jones instead of Hahn.

Dare I say, Hahn has contributed very well in the first half!

DOG GOD
18-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Dare I say, Hahn has contributed very well in the first half!

Maybe Eagleton shouldve been dropped instead of Hooper.

MrMahatma
18-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Maybe Eagleton shouldve been dropped instead of Hooper.
Gee he hears footsteps. Should've slotted that goal from the pocket. Won't bend over to pick it up. He is actually looking pretty soft tonight.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-09-2010, 09:41 PM
first 10 minutes of the third will tell the tale I reckon. We didn't hurt them on the scoreboard enough for mine in the second.
Great to see the efforts of the fella's out there. If they keep it up, we are a chance.
The willingness to put the body on the line right across the board has been noticeable. When it's been their turn to go, they've done so.

I wonder if the week off will help the Saints run out the game? And conversely I hope we've left some in the tank

boydogs
18-09-2010, 09:43 PM
first 10 minutes of the third will tell the tale I reckon. We didn't hurt them on the scoreboard enough for mine in the second.
Great to see the efforts of the fella's out there. If they keep it up, we are a chance.
The willingness to put the body on the line right across the board has been noticeable. When it's been their turn to go, they've done so.

I wonder if the week off will help the Saints run out the game? And conversely I hope we've left some in the tank

Time for a Riewoldt dive

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Yep this is what I feared. Saints to kick the opening couple of goals. It's all back on us now to arrest the momentum. Really hard to head the Saints once they've got their tails up

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Oh, FFS.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Really let ourselves down this quarter. Damn shame we couldnt've kept it close all the way.

KT31
18-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Hopefully Rodney will tell the players to kick to the ones in the red, white and blue.

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 10:20 PM

Bit predictable eh...

SlimPickens
18-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Pathetic! When the "leaders" need to stand up...surprise surprise no where to been seen.

KT31
18-09-2010, 10:21 PM
This may be Johnno, Eagle, Harbrow and Hahn last game for the club.

Greystache
18-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Is there a player from the '99 draft other than Murph who can handle any kind of pressure? Gilbee, Gia, Hargrave just pathetic when it counts. Leaders Boyd, Johnson, Hudson all terrible in the third quarter!!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-09-2010, 10:23 PM
A game of two halves. WE threw all we had at them in the first half, and it would appear as if we just didn't have enough to keep going when the conditions dried out.
Hahn went from a solid contributor in the first half to looking like a plodder with below average skills in the 3rd quarter.
Riewoldt had no influence on the game in the first half, absolutely killed us in the 3rd, when the conditions suited him, and the forward delivery too. Picken nullified Goddard well in the first half, in the 3rd he managed to get clear for some crucial plays.
First half our ball use was better than it has been for the better part of the last 6 weeks, whilst the Saints were terrible using the ball. The third quarter, we slaughtered it, especially going forward, whereas the Saints ball use was very good.

Greystache
18-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Barry has embraced the Bulldogs culture, play your worst game of the season when it matters most.

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Kicking accuracy at 44%!!!!!!!!!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Barry has embraced the Bulldogs culture, play your worst game of the season when it matters most.

Only really had one opportunity for a one on one though. Every other time we've gone to him he's had 3 Saints to contend with and the ball not delivered to his advantage.

DOG GOD
18-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Hmm i'm off to bed...shattered once again.
As much as i hate Collingwood, i will be cheering on team Eddie next week.

Goodnight all :(

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Bulldogs have shown their true colours tonite - geez I'm getting sick of this. They give you hope (first 2 quarters), and then allow the opposition to pull their pants down (3rd quarter).

Didn't even give a yelp! Absolutely pathetic!

Time for a clean out - we need some players with grunt, who aren't afraid to put their heads over the ball. Players who are soft need to get out, or get dropped until they show some ticker - looking at you Gia (to name one).

I'm sure the "rose-coloured glasses" brigade will tear me to shreds, but this is LINE IN THE SAND time. Get some heart or get the heck out. Don't put that Bulldogs jumper on unless you will give 100% for 4 quarters, especially when it matters.

Yes, we've made the prelim 3 years in a row, but when we look at the history books what will it say? 2 Grand Finals since 1925, and 50 years (almost) since our last one. THAT IS SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Dry Rot
18-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm only listening to a radio call - which of our players can hold their head up tonight?

Danny the snakeman
18-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Same crap diifferent day.Oh well theres always next year.Hang on a minute im getting sick of saying that year in year out,for christ sake doggies do something.

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Why the eff does every single tackle, even FAIR and decent tackles that Minson lays get paid against him? It seems to happen ALL THE TIME!

Seriously hate life right now.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-09-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm only listening to a radio call - which of our players can hold their head up tonight?

Cross, Picken, Addison have all given everything they've got. Griffen has tried hard, but didn't have a big influence. Murph also was good early.
As I said earlier, a tale of two halves. WE had alot of good performers in the first half when it was wet, but once the conditions dried up so did our good players.

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 10:57 PM
'97 & '98, play Adelaide in prelim both years - '97 just lose, '98 get thrashed

'09 & '10, play Saints in prelim both years - '09 just lose, '10 get thrashed

At least we're consistent!

Another year, another heartbreak

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Why the eff does every single tackle, even FAIR and decent tackles that Minson lays get paid against him? It seems to happen ALL THE TIME!

Seriously hate life right now.

Big Will brings it on himself though, I think I know the one your talking about, and he did end up sitting on his back. Just needs to use his considerable brain and execute better.
Same with Hahn, he's often so crude when he goes into blokes who are on the ground, with his arm always going high.

Dry Rot
18-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Cross, Picken, Addison have all given everything they've got. Griffen has tried hard, but didn't have a big influence. Murph also was good early.
As I said earlier, a tale of two halves. WE had alot of good performers in the first half when it was wet, but once the conditions dried up so did our good players.

Thanks. Doesn't say a lot for most of our senior players.

I'd like see guts rewarded. Dunno why Callan got dropped earlier.

Dry Rot
18-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Just noticed we had one more shot at goal!

Hotdog60
18-09-2010, 11:07 PM

Ward was hard at it all night, Picken also but faded in the parts of the second half. Murphy I think had hurt something and wasn't moving as well after half time. That's about the cream of the crop.

Edit, how could I forget Cross also like Ward tried hard all night.

Rance Fan
18-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Murphy,Ward and Picken can hold there head up.
A few forwards had little impact tonight.. Johnno, Hall and Gia were disapointing.

Rance Fan
18-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Johnno and Eagletons last game ...Hahn reasonable tonight but faded...may need him next year as a big body as Grant and others still to light on, with no physical presence...will be interesting to see what happens

Scraggers
18-09-2010, 11:14 PM
With Hahn's goal after the siren, we ended up winning three of the four quarters (not that the last meant much when the saints play five on the bench)

Jasper
18-09-2010, 11:37 PM

Worst 'supporters' to. :rolleyes:

Well done to Grant, Ward, Picken and Cross

Todays clanger count:

Boyd 5, closely followed by
Hargrave 4
Eagle 4
Hahn 4

Says it all really.

Gia and Barry - where were you??

The Pie Man
18-09-2010, 11:37 PM
With Hahn's goal after the siren, we ended up winning three of the four quarters (not that the last meant much when the saints play five on the bench)

Nah only two, we lost the second qtr narrowly ....kicking 1.5 to 2.1

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mofra
18-09-2010, 11:38 PM
If there's anything to take from tonight, it's that we can spend the next decade reminding every Richmond supporter of how badly we killed them in the Jordan McMahon trade.
Ward was fantastic tonight, the best game for the club I've seen him play and should be looking forward to a cracker 2011.

Greystache
18-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Worst 'supporters' to. :rolleyes:

And you are who?? Numpty :rolleyes:

LostDog
18-09-2010, 11:44 PM
I have had enough, always the bridesmaids

KT31
18-09-2010, 11:47 PM

Didn't even make it to the church.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-09-2010, 11:48 PM

You need to get to the grand final first.

Rance Fan
19-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Gee be nice if we had a dominate forward (CHF) like Reiwoldt...mmmm Hope we have some players take some big steps up next season.
Any one worth drafting?...Usain Bolt still in town? hehe

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-09-2010, 12:17 AM
If there's anything to take from tonight, it's that we can spend the next decade reminding every Richmond supporter of how badly we killed them in the Jordan McMahon trade.
Ward was fantastic tonight, the best game for the club I've seen him play and should be looking forward to a cracker 2011.

Totally agreed, due in no small part to his injury and delayed start to the year he's had a year he'd want to forget, but tonight, showed he is potentially a big game player. Absolutely played his guts out tonight, and his kicking seemed alot more precise than it has all year. A good personal end to the year for him.

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 12:20 AM
I don't know how much is spin by Eade, but he claims 8 players will be in for surgery this week.
Claimed Murphy needs one on his knee. The rest he didn't but i'd assume Griff's knee and Lake's hip. Other than possibly Dale i'm not to sure who else.
Also that Picken got knocked out in the second and Addison and Wood (or Ward not sure) had broken ribs. I believed they happened this game in the first half.

Not surprised with that list of players, it would be close to the list of our bests.

Mofra
19-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Wood may have broken ribs from the clash with Kosi - big hit

Greystache
19-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Gee be nice if we had a dominate forward (CHF) like Reiwoldt...mmmm Hope we have some players take some big steps up next season.
Any one worth drafting?...Usain Bolt still in town? hehe

I think we might do, he's just a couple of years too young at the moment.

Go_Dogs
19-09-2010, 12:26 AM
I think we might do, he's just a couple of years too young at the moment.

I really hope he can become a similar type player for us. That would be poifect.

Jasper
19-09-2010, 12:32 AM
And you are who?? Numpty :rolleyes:

Numpty eh,

The bloke who almost single handedly helped us get to the prelim last game and carried our forward line all year, and you're into him, while insulting our club's culture. Shit supporter

Sedat
19-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Wish I was hurting, wish I was shattered, but just an overwhelming feeling of 'meh' at the moment. Top notch first half but our defensive pressure in the midfield was non-existent in the 3rd qtr - Saints found a couple of extra gears and we were nowhere near matching them unfotunately.

Had we made the GF (and I would have naturally loved to do so) Collingwood might have given 119 points a shake given the health of our players. As it is they will have to settle for a 10 goal win easing up next week.

Greystache
19-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Numpty eh,

The bloke who almost single handedly helped us get to the prelim last game and carried our forward line all year, and you're into him, while insulting our club's culture. Shit supporter

He had a great year and a shit prelim, heard it so many times before.

As for your thoughts... Not worth bothering.

MrMahatma
19-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Wish I was hurting, wish I was shattered, but just an overwhelming feeling of 'meh' at the moment. Top notch first half but our defensive pressure in the midfield was non-existent in the 3rd qtr - Saints found a couple of extra gears and we were nowhere near matching them unfotunately.

Had we made the GF (and I would have naturally loved to do so) Collingwood might have given 119 points a shake given the health of our players. As it is they will have to settle for a 10 goal win easing up next week.
Kind of feel the same. I went to the bathroom at half time and thought - this is as good as it's going to get. We're a goal up at half time in a PF and I still didn't think we'd get close.

I am looking forward to the next few years though. I think the blokes we have coming through are better than the blokes on the way out.

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 12:45 AM

Crystal ball cobber?

The Bulldogs Bite
19-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Ward is a dead set gun. Another 'big game' player - he was fantastic in last year's finals series too. With a full pre-season under his belt, he really will become a very good player.

I'm pretty happy with our younger types, but I have huge concerns for the 26y.o+ players (Lake, Morris, Murphy and maybe one or two others aside)

Mantis
19-09-2010, 12:48 AM
I am looking forward to the next few years though. I think the blokes we have coming through are better than the blokes on the way out.

The biggest problem is to sort out what we do with the 26 to 29 year olds.

As a group (and there are exceptions) they just don't have what it takes under the immense pressure that a big final brings.

Go_Dogs
19-09-2010, 01:02 AM

As a group (and there are exceptions) they just don't have what it takes under the immense pressure that a big final brings.

Can the generation beneath carry them over the line and make up for some of that group's deficiencies?

Mantis
19-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Can the generation beneath carry them over the line and make up for some of that group's deficiencies?

No.

There best clearly isn't good enough and as has been shown by the way Collingwood model you can't carry players becuse if you could Lockyer, Fraser & Medhurst would still be in Collingwood's team.... We need to be just as ruthless as they have been.

I am damn sure that if MM was coach of us tonight Eagleton & Hahn (just 2 examples) wouldn't have played. There replacements may not have been any better this time around, but in the long run the dividends would be paid back in spades. We may never know if Hill or Moles could have been better and perhaps the lack of faith in these guys (and others) may see a few players looking for a new home.

hujsh
19-09-2010, 01:19 AM

It'd be a bloody impressive generation we had if they carried older blokes to a premiership. We'd be looking at a dynasty almost.

Sedat
19-09-2010, 01:39 AM
On the bright side, wasn't it nice to relive old times with Lenny Hayes once again? Him single-handedly reaming us out of the middle and keeping his team in it in the first half before the rest of the cavalry arrived. I can't remember a single player to so consistently dominate over a particular opponent since Ablett Snr was terrorising Richmond all those years ago.

Mantis
19-09-2010, 01:43 AM
On the bright side, wasn't it nice to relive old times with Lenny Hayes once again? Him single-handedly reaming us out of the middle and keeping his team in it in the first half before the rest of the cavalry arrived. I can't remember a single player to so consistently dominate over a particular opponent since Ablett Snr was terrorising Richmond all those years ago.

We assumed the position and Lenny gave it to us both barrels.... GUN.

I loved our set-ups in the middle too... NOT!!!

comrade
19-09-2010, 01:48 AM
The guy is just a beast.

Thankfully, we have or own Lenny clone coming through.

His name is Callan Ward.

MrMahatma
19-09-2010, 01:50 AM

I agree and I hope that we take it on the chin in 2011. We kept the old guys on this year, got Barry, and hoped that'd get us a flag. It hasn't. A few retirements and I think the Boyds/Gias/Hahns of this world should be either put out to pasture, or should be very much put on notice. I'd rather us finish 8th next year and get 22 games into some of our younger guys than finish 4th again with the same crew doing the same old, same old.

MrMahatma
19-09-2010, 01:53 AM
The guy is just a beast.

His name is Callan Ward.
If Ward can be like Lenny, we'll be a chance to win one in a few years. Hayes is simply remarkable at stoppages. Sometimes I think that, looking at ruck hit outs, you just need to get lucky to get a centre clearance... sometimes they could go anywhere. But Hayes throws that theory out the window. He's unbelievable at being at the right place at the right time. Our tactic should simply be 'hit it to where he isn't'. We'd do better.

Mantis
19-09-2010, 01:53 AM

His name is Callan Ward.

Yep.... Give this kid a couple of pre-seasons and he will become a jet.

I am hoping too that Sam Reid can get his body right too because he is as hard as cats head as well (Is a cat's head really that hard?... As a cat hater I might go and kick one tomorrow to test out this proposal)

Greystache
19-09-2010, 02:01 AM
I agree and I hope that we take it on the chin in 2011. We kept the old guys on this year, got Barry, and hoped that'd get us a flag. It hasn't. A few retirements and I think the Boyds/Gias/Hahns of this world should be either put out to pasture, or should be very much put on notice. I'd rather us finish 8th next year and get 22 games into some of our younger guys than finish 4th again with the same crew doing the same old, same old.

You can add Gilbee, Hargrave, and Minson to that list. None of them can take us forward to a premiership.

comrade
19-09-2010, 02:19 AM
A few things I learnt...

Dylan must play as a defensive forward from now on. All his pre-season training must be focused around this role.

Hargrave and Gilbee are pathetic under pressure, almost to the point of cowardice. We must consider pumping games into Howard instead.

Will might have played his last big game at the Bulldogs. Next year, Roughy will be number two.

Mitch Hahn was more effective than Hooper would have been but I still would have liked to see the kid on the big stage.

As a club, we covet the individual too much.

Ghost Dog
19-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Saints will be missing a few players thanks to the match review panel I should think?
Callan Ward took a very heavy hit with his head over the ball and by geez, if they don't report that then go to hell.

KT31
19-09-2010, 10:43 AM

I had a Richmond supporter berating me on our treatment of "He who won't be mentioned"
Saturday night.
I reminded him of their treatment of Jordy this year and he shut up.
I then went on to tell him how great Ward will be and thank him for the selection.

Sedat
19-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Hargrave and Gilbee are pathetic under pressure, almost to the point of cowardice. We must consider pumping games into Howard instead.
One of the main reasons for our stagnation this season has been the poor form of these two. We had a settled back 6 in great form last season and we've been forced to carry 2 virtual passengers down back in 2010. They both found some form last week but unfortunately it was an aberration. Last night Shaggy added another 3-4 long kicks to nobody to his ever-growing collection, and Gilbs was very poor one-on-one last night (becoming a regular occurance). Concerned about both of them from 2011 and beyond.

bornadog
19-09-2010, 11:49 AM
We must play young guys from round 1 next year to get experience in them,and I don't want to hear that they arenot ready.

Roughead, Hooper, Reid, Wood, Howard, Jones, Moles and Grant must all play 22 games as well as Higgins, Addison, Everitt (maybe), Tutt a few games if he is up to it. On top of that we have Cooney, Griffen, Williams, Minson (24 to 26 year olds), who all need a big preseason and perhaps in the second half Ayce may get a few games. Thats 17 players and we only need to find another 5 or 6 good players, like Lake, Hall, Murphy, Hudson etc.

What I am saying is we have the basis for a good team next year as long as we devlop these players and start to filter out the 29 year plus players. There are too many in that bracket.

EasternWest
19-09-2010, 01:25 PM
We assumed the position and Lenny gave it to us both barrels.... GUN.

I loved our set-ups in the middle too... NOT!!!

The guy is just a beast.

His name is Callan Ward.

If I didn't hate St. Kilda so much it would be possible for me to love Lenny Hayes more. He's a superstar.

I had a Richmond supporter berating me on our treatment of "He who won't be mentioned"
Saturday night.
I reminded him of their treatment of Jordy this year and he shut up.
I then went on to tell him how great Ward will be and thank him for the selection.

Great post. Full of win.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-09-2010, 01:50 AM
Must say as good as Baz has been for us this season, he hasn't done much against the top three sides. By memory he's kicked some 'cheap' goals against Collingwood, but didn't have any actual impact in the games.

I was really disappointed with Hall last night. He was soundly beaten by Dawson - a hack. Barry dropped easy marks and blew the opportunities he had at goal. He didn't exert much pressure, knock anyone over or put some fright/doubt into players like Dawson and Gilbert. He had Dawson out of position on a few occasions but failed to use his strength/judgement to hold him out. It was pretty un-Barry like.

He had an outstanding year though, no doubt.

AndrewP6
20-09-2010, 02:11 AM
Must say as good as Baz has been for us this season, he hasn't done much against the top three sides. By memory he's kicked some 'cheap' goals against Collingwood, but didn't have any actual impact in the games.

I was really disappointed with Hall last night. He was soundly beaten by Dawson - a hack. Barry dropped easy marks and blew the opportunities he had at goal. He didn't exert much pressure, knock anyone over or put some fright/doubt into players like Dawson and Gilbert. He had Dawson out of position on a few occasions but failed to use his strength/judgement to hold him out. It was pretty un-Barry like.

He had an outstanding year though, no doubt.

Reckon it was just an off night for him...

boydogs
20-09-2010, 04:09 AM
Reckon it was just an off night for him...

I think we saw some of the old Sydney frustration come out in the tighter games. He had a bit of a push and shove with O'Brien against Collingwood and Dempster against the Saints. He is definitely a lot happier and more relaxed when the game is open, and it shows in the way he plays

becmatty
20-09-2010, 04:44 AM
Numpty eh,

Good call Kelvinator. That Greystache is king of backflips, insults and bandwagoning. Loves to cut players and posters down without any substance. He isn't the most popular bloke in town for a reason.

AndrewP6
20-09-2010, 02:42 PM
I think we saw some of the old Sydney frustration come out in the tighter games. He had a bit of a push and shove with O'Brien against Collingwood and Dempster against the Saints. He is definitely a lot happier and more relaxed when the game is open, and it shows in the way he plays

No problem if it's just push and shove...;)

Greystache
20-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Good call Kelvinator. That Greystache is king of backflips, insults and bandwagoning. Loves to cut players and posters down without any substance. He isn't the most popular bloke in town for a reason.

Do you still bother posting? I can't see why.

Sockeye Salmon
20-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Do you still bother posting? I can't see why.

I don't think someone who spends most of his time bagging his own team should be making personal remarks about the quality of others posts.

Greystache
20-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I don't think someone who spends most of his time bagging his own team should be making personal remarks about the quality of others posts.

And who does that?

jazzadogs
20-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Saints will be missing a few players thanks to the match review panel I should think?
Callan Ward took a very heavy hit with his head over the ball and by geez, if they don't report that then go to hell.
Ridiculously, Dal wasn't even given a reprimand. Goddard got off, which was fair enough, and the report I read made no mention of Riewoldt deliberately tripping Williams (which should have earned him a reprimand).

Dale Thomas also got off without any sanction. I do think Dal's was a lot worse though, as he got Ward flush on the point of the head.

Chicago1
21-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Got back late last night after a weekend trip away. I got up at 4am Saturday in our Indianapolis motel room all set to listen to the match, but for some reason the radio links didn't work on my nephew's laptop. So there I was sitting in the bathroom of our Holiday Inn room watching the AFL site's scoreboard. When the siren went at halftime I began to organise in my mind what I'd have to do to book my flight to Melbourne leaving on Tuesday. I took a shower during halftime and when I got out of the shower and looked at the scoreboard we were already two goals down. I knew that was it.

I'm kind of glad that I canceled my original trip. I don't think I could have stomached seeing us lose another PF. I was at the ones in 1985, 1992, 1997 and 1998. And even worse would be to be in Melbourne for the Grand Final if Collingwood wins on Saturday. I was at the MCG in 1990 when Collingwood won and I have always said that that day was one of the worst days I experienced in my 25 years living in Australia.

So now I'm booked to be in Melbourne for the first three rounds of 2011. If we play interstate during that time, I'll change my booking. I'll have to wait until the 2011 Fixture is released.

The really sad thing is that I was worried about having to purchase my flights to come out for the GF and the prices were close to $2000 to fly out Tuesday when I checked on Friday before I left for the weekend. I couldn't have afforded that. So, of course, I checked out of curiosity last night and the same flights I had been looking at are now at $1257. If only... :(