PDA

View Full Version : Crawford v Aker

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 04:47 PM
What a contrast between the qualities of Shane Crawford and Aker. Shane Crawford was/is also the "class clown", but his qualities as a person compared to Aker are that far apart it aint funny. He made me shed a tear on The Footy Show last night, and likewise with Jimmy Stynes. Even Sam Newman was humble last night, would be the best footy show I have seen.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 04:54 PM
a Aka
b Crawford
c Stynes

All brownlow medalists.. 2 are champion blokes .. name the odd man out

Ozza
17-09-2010, 04:57 PM
What a contrast between the qualities of Shane Crawford and Aker. Shane Crawford was/is also the "class clown", but his qualities as a person compared to Aker are that far apart it aint funny. He made me shed a tear on The Footy Show last night, and likewise with Jimmy Stynes. Even Sam Newman was humble last night, would be the best footy show I have seen.

Was a tremendous footy show. I'm not keen on Sam, but it was pretty good when he told Crawf that he'd never been prouder of a mate before - than he was of Crawf.

Crawf's a legend...he was so overwhelmed by it all last night - was good tv.

Greystache
17-09-2010, 04:59 PM

They were in stark contrast on the field too, both were champion players, but one was the ultimate team player first and foremost, the other was Aker.

1eyedog
17-09-2010, 05:36 PM

Good call, a most unexpected Footy Show and the best I have seen.

Curly5
17-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Can you tell us a bit of what it was about? It's on here at midnight so don't stay up that late.

1eyedog
17-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Emotionally charged episode preluding Stynes' documentary on Sunday night and the end of Crawf's walk from Adelaide. Crawf was deeply touched during his journey and heard a lot of tragic stories from people along the way.

He obviously did not expect to be so affected by his journey.

He walked in and was close to tears, so was Sam. Gripping television.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Can you tell us a bit of what it was about? It's on here at midnight so don't stay up that late.
Shane Crawford finished a run/walk from Adelaide to Melbourne at The Footy Show. He did it for BCA (Breast Cancer Australia), I think they said he raised well over $400,000 so far. Shane was very emotional obviously because it was such a hard thing to do and also for all the people he met olong the way who have been touched in some way my the disease. Jimmy Stynes was on for his own battle with cancer, he is so inspirational. For interstate Woofers there is a must watch special on his fight on Sunday night 6:30pm in Melbourne, it is on Australia wide on different dates, I think it was on 10:30pm next Wednesday, channel 9.

EasternWest
17-09-2010, 05:51 PM

I've never once laughed at anything Crawford has said or done. He's just not funny IMO.

However, I have always thought that he'd be a pretty good bloke, and it doesn't surprise me at all that he was so moved by his big walk.

Crawford: 5 star guy.

Aker: 1 star guy.

The Pie Man
18-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I've never once laughed at anything Crawford has said or done. He's just not funny IMO.

However, I have always thought that he'd be a pretty good bloke, and it doesn't surprise me at all that he was so moved by his big walk.

Crawford: 5 star guy.

Aker: 1 star guy.

Almost completely agree with this post dfa, all bar Jason's rating - 0 stars, if that. My contempt for that sub-human only grows with each passing day, and I'm glad his book has been derided by the likes of Peter Gordon - he's well on the way to losing whatever shred of relevance he may have once had, which I'm feeling rather smug about (weird feeling)

Crawford on the other hand is a star in my view..but not really that funny on tv - he comes accross as more the funny bloke in the room then actually being funny (does that make sense?) Well done Crawf