PDA

View Full Version : PF1: Collingwood v Geelong

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Collingwood started off really well, pressure has been right up there from the first bounce.

I get the feeling Varcoe could be the game breaker, could really work Maxwell around the forward 50.

The Coon Dog
17-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Collingwood looking awesome, enormous pressure. Lead 43-7. Seems we aren't the only team to leave Maxwell to do as he pleases.

DOG GOD
17-09-2010, 08:20 PM
WOW great qtr by Cwood. As TCD said, does Maxwell smell or something? Cats going fwd with no purpose at all. Cant see them getting back here.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 08:30 PM
The cats are shell shocked, can't see them coming back now, although if they win the pie fans would riot!

Go Dogs.............

ledge
17-09-2010, 08:55 PM
the dynasty is over and it looks like another has begun.

chef
17-09-2010, 09:00 PM

Certainly does, good luck Buckley getting that coaching gig in 12 months time.

EasternWest
17-09-2010, 09:03 PM

And with Ablett gone, there's a risk they could drop off quickly.

But my favourite part of this game is that Mooney is being exposed as the faux hardman frontrunner that he is.

Chicago1
17-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I was able to get a good stream to watch the match. Collingwood has been awesome. It's just after 6am here and I haven't been to sleep yet, but going now. This match is over.

azabob
17-09-2010, 09:21 PM

Horse way before the cart. Bombers of 93, hawks of 08 other supposed dynasties.

The Underdog
17-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Well I was watching episodes of 30 Rock by halfway through the 2nd. now for Breaking Bad.
If that's the Grand Final we should have had, thank god we missed it

Doggy
17-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Certainly does, good luck Buckley getting that coaching gig in 12 months time.

Heard a rumor today that Buckley could be coach of Collingwood next year. Malthouse has been offered a 5 year contract worth 5 mil at Essendon.

EasternWest
17-09-2010, 09:40 PM
This Ablett kid can play a bit.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 09:48 PM
One more quarter left for Ablett in Geelong colours.

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Let us hope Harbrow does not have the seat next to Ablett.

AndrewP6
17-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Let us hope Harbrow does not have the seat next to Ablett.

Isn't much of that left when it comes to keeping Harbs....

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Did anyone see James Hetfield and some of the members of Metallica sitting in the crowd? But why was ex dog Steve Kretiuk (not sure how you spell his last name, sorry) sitting with them??

EasternWest
17-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Did anyone see James Hetfield and some of the members of Metallica sitting in the crowd? But why was ex dog Steve Kretiuk (not sure how you spell his last name, sorry) sitting with them??

Spelt it just right. I don't have the answer to that question, but I was stunned at their appearance. Did anyone else think they just looked puffy and bloated?

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 10:32 PM
They were in the Geelong rooms before the game as well.

Remi Moses
17-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Better Collingwood team than 90 IMHO!
Funny the football media had the Dogs falling of the top 4 perch,but Geelong without Ablett is a world of pain for them!Has to be the most inane call of the year by Wayne Carey saying that the Cats lose little by Ablett leaving!

LostDoggy
17-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Did anyone else's stomach turn during that game?

The thought is becoming a reality. :(

Remi Moses
17-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Folks apparently they're playing Stkilda already:rolleyes:

AndrewP6
18-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Did anyone else's stomach turn during that game?

The thought is becoming a reality. :(

My stomach turns even thinking about Collingwood winning anything - I only watched about ten minutes of it.

Chicago1
18-09-2010, 02:25 AM
I just woke up to read the bad news. One of the worst days in my 25 years in Australia was in 1990 at the MCG when Collingwood won the Grand Final. I wanted to spew, it was so disgusting seeing their supporters acting like pork chops. However, I'd be the same if it were us. :o

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 10:01 AM
I just woke up to read the bad news. One of the worst days in my 25 years in Australia was in 1990 at the MCG when Collingwood won the Grand Final. I wanted to spew, it was so disgusting seeing their supporters acting like pork chops. However, I'd be the same if it were us. :o

Yep, if we lose tonight I think it'd be a good idea to leave the country for awhile.... any room at your place Chicago1? :D

Sedat
18-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I despise the filth as much as anyone, but they are a cut above every team in 2010. They would be totally deserving premiers this season. Made Geelong look like the old and tired team that they are.

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Yep, if we lose tonight I think it'd be a good idea to leave the country for awhile.... any room at your place Chicago1? :D

I will take any spare floor space to get away from it!

The Pie Man
18-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Scored a free hospitality ticket with my work last night, which was good fun to a point - I was with Collingwood fans..they were everywhere...and loud.....where were the Geelong supporters?

I have to admit there'd be something about being part of that army - the roar when a) Cloke took his first mark and b) when Ben Johnson kicked his first quarter goal were something else.

The second half was just boring, I retreated back to the room to swill as many freebies as I could (free food/drink is an achilles heal of mine)

Collingwood's pressure is immense by infinity

Flamethrower
18-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I went to the MCG last night - they are a machine and are awesome to watch in person. If would be "shocked to my toes" if they don't win easily next week.

There were times in the first half (forget the 2nd half, the game was over by then and the sting had gone right out of the game) that a Geelong player would get the ball across half back and have a couple of options downfield by hand or foot. In that millisecond that they decide which option to take, the Collingwood players swarm towards the ball carrier and the most dangerous of the options resulting in either a turnover or a ball up.

The only time the Cats looked even remotely dangerous was when they ran at the Collingwood players with extreme speed via Ablett or Wojo.

If they bring that same game to the Grand Final, they will slaughter their opponent.

craigsahibee
18-09-2010, 12:58 PM
The second half was just boring, I retreated back to the room to swill as many freebies as I could (free food/drink is an achilles heal of mine)

:)

Revelling in the Cat's being smashed balances out the Pies winning through to a GF. At least we have avoided Geelong in September which is a rare occasion. Maybe, just maybe the Planets are starting to align themselves in our constellation.

Mofra
18-09-2010, 01:45 PM
I despise the filth as much as anyone, but they are a cut above every team in 2010. They would be totally deserving premiers this season. Made Geelong look like the old and tired team that they are.
I'd willing to entirely put the improvement on Malthouses' efforts. His willingness to rotate players through the side (keeping them fresher), play kids over senior players regardless of reputation, to bring in a gun ruckman despite having Josh Fraser as a no 1 pick with almost 200 games experience, to take a chance on Leigh Brown.
Lets not forget Malthouse turned his back completely on every other coaches' mantar of using the corridor, and hugs the boundary for their F50 entries.

He has taken some huge risks and is now reaping the rewards.

ratsmac
18-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I starting to think we are better off losing tonight just to avoid that juggernaut next week. But I slapped myself in the face and realise that to if we are to be the best we must beat the best. Its a privilege to be playing this late in September. CMON DOGS

1eyedog
18-09-2010, 03:02 PM
I starting to think we are better off losing tonight just to avoid that juggernaut next week. But I slapped myself in the face and realise that to if we are to be the best we must beat the best. Its a privilege to be playing this late in September. CMON DOGS

Collingwood ordinary during a day time game at the G. Melbourne nearly rolled them twice and Hawthorn did as well.

We'll be right. It will be a different story for whoever gets through tonight.

soupman
18-09-2010, 03:40 PM

According to the herald sun Kretiuk tried to contact the Bulldogs but couldn't get a proper response so he then turned to Geelong.

DOG GOD
18-09-2010, 03:50 PM
According to the herald sun Kretiuk tried to contact the Bulldogs but couldn't get a proper response so he then turned to Geelong.

I tried to do the same when KISS was last here to get the Bulldogs involved. I knew the band was going to be on the footy show and i thought it would be good promotion for the club to present the band with bulldog jumpers, but the club wasnt interested. Missed out on a good opportunity there, as the band was seen in the herald sun the next day with carlton jumpers.

bornadog
18-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Folks apparently they're playing Stkilda already:rolleyes:

Sick and tired of the media saying a Saints Collingwood final would be a great match blah blah blah. They said the same thing for a Collingwood Geelong GF and we know the result t produced last night so how would the GF have been.

How about some respect for our club.:mad:

Mantis
18-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Sick and tired of the media saying a Saints Collingwood final would be a great match blah blah blah. They said the same thing for a Collingwood Geelong GF and we know the result t produced last night so how would the GF have been.

How about some respect for our club.:mad:

We can earn that tonight.

soupman
18-09-2010, 05:02 PM
I tried to do the same when KISS was last here to get the Bulldogs involved. I knew the band was going to be on the footy show and i thought it would be good promotion for the club to present the band with bulldog jumpers, but the club wasnt interested. Missed out on a good opportunity there, as the band was seen in the herald sun the next day with carlton jumpers.

We often seem to miss out on these, usually Carlton or Collingwood are very proactive in snapping them up.

I wonder if there's any point to it though. Would their support change anybodies perception of the club, and if so enough to actually benefit the club somehow? For all we know the cost of providing jumpers and tickets may exceed any benefit gained.