PDA

View Full Version : If the boys get up tonight, where to for us non social club members?

wb_age
18-09-2010, 11:23 AM
I hope this thread isn't an indication of getting ahead of myself, if and when we win tonight how are we planning on getting our hands on a golden ticket to the big dance?

I'm personally willing to spend north of $1000 to be there, however I am unsure of all the these grand final packages that each club/afl seem to advertise in September.

Has anyone had any experience with any or know of one that is in the low $1000's?

Go dogs!

DOG GOD
18-09-2010, 11:31 AM
A Saints guy i work with brought an AFL grand final package 2 weeks ago (yep he's that confident) and that cost him $1350 i think without airfares and accomm.

A guy i know got a port adelaide package last year (he's a cats fan) and that cost him $700 for the ticket.

aker39
18-09-2010, 11:41 AM
The Western Bulldogs are selling packages for $1150 (Standard) or $1300 (Prime).

This includes a ticket to the GF and a ticket to the Big Bounce breakfast at Melbourne Park.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/grand%20final%20packages/tabid/10676/default.aspx

I don't think Port were very popular with other clubs last year for selling the GF tickets a lot cheaper than anyone else. They are not doing it this year.

PS - They are only going to get harder to find with Collingwood making it.

Flamethrower
18-09-2010, 12:03 PM
A Collingwood supporting workmate of mine started ringing around all of the clubs before the finals (he was very confident that they would make it), and the cheapest package on offer was around $1000 from the West Coast Eagles. He is a standard member - they don't even have a ballot for tickets, as their entire allocation is taken up by premium members (minimum cost $750 a season).

mjp
18-09-2010, 12:10 PM
...they don't even have a ballot for tickets, as their entire allocation is taken up by premium members (minimum cost $750 a season).

And there is a waiting list for these packages!

Collingwood operate in a different universe to most other clubs.

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 12:11 PM
A Collingwood supporting workmate of mine started ringing around all of the clubs before the finals (he was very confident that they would make it), and the cheapest package on offer was around $1000 from the West Coast Eagles. He is a standard member - they don't even have a ballot for tickets, as their entire allocation is taken up by premium members (minimum cost $750 a season).

Yes, my Aunty & Uncle are Collingwood 'Legends' members so are guaranteed a ticket next week. This is where we're lucky to have a team without so many members, where we can be guaranteed a GF ticket for an extra $100 (or whatever social club is) a year. Hopefully we get to use it this year!!!! :D

Mantis
18-09-2010, 12:43 PM
I hope this thread isn't an indication of getting ahead of myself, if and when we win tonight how are we planning on getting our hands on a golden ticket to the big dance?

I'm personally willing to spend north of $1000 to be there, however I am unsure of all the these grand final packages that each club/afl seem to advertise in September.

Has anyone had any experience with any or know of one that is in the low $1000's?

Go dogs!

I find if strange that you are willing to pay so much for a ticket to the GF, but don't just pay the extra $80 or so for a social club membership which guarantees you one.

ledge
18-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I find if strange that you are willing to pay so much for a ticket to the GF, but don't just pay the extra $80 or so for a social club membership which guarantees you one.

Probably because after all these years he is way in front saving his $80 a year:)

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 12:57 PM

Maybe wb_age missed out - it did fill up this year. :)

The Coon Dog
18-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Maybe wb_age missed out - it did fill up this year. :)

Mantis makes a very good point.

I take out SC m'ship each season, don't really take advantage of it, but look at as a) a donation to the club & b) insurance in a sense that if we make it I'll be right.

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 02:34 PM

I take out SC m'ship each season, don't really take advantage of it, but look at as a) a donation to the club & b) insurance in a sense that if we make it I'll be right.

Yeah, me too. Just in case!! :)

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 03:07 PM

Yes, me too Coon Dog - I don't go to the social club at all, but take your attitude - it's a donation to the club and insurance for a seat next week!

ratsmac
18-09-2010, 03:08 PM
If the boys get up tonight I'm going to the pub :D

AndrewP6
18-09-2010, 03:11 PM

I took it out for this reason initially, but I like going to the SC, having a meal in comfortable surrounds...

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 03:14 PM
I took it out for this reason initially, but I like going to the SC, having a meal in comfortable surrounds...

Might try that next season - except my seat is on the other side of the ground!

wb_age
18-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, hopefully I will have some shopping to do in the next 24hrs!

I've had a social club membership before but saw it as a bit of a jinx, first year without it and I'm more than happy to spend the cash for what would be a monumental day for this club.

Here's hoping.

LostDoggy
18-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Let's face it if the boys do get through tonight it is a pretty good problem to have. We would all love to be there no doubt but even if you are not the fact will remain we will know our footy club after being declared dead 20 years ago, dam you Oakley, is at the big dance and many of us would have never been in this position before.

I feel for any life long supporter that is in this position that they may miss out but if you do I bet you will be looking forward to watching it somewhere with alot more interest than the previous 49 Years.

choconmientay
18-09-2010, 05:38 PM
If the boys get up tonight I'm going to the pub :D

I hope you are not choosing a pub in St. Kilda ;)

FrediKanoute
19-09-2010, 08:57 AM

That's exactly my logic........can't be there every week, butwant to make certain Iam there if we make it......oh well there is always next year!