18-09-2010, 07:43 PM
I knew Rocket couldn't keep him out. At least the conditions should suit him

Go_Dogs
18-09-2010, 07:46 PM
My hopes just dropped a bit.

Mine rose a notch. ;)

MrMahatma
18-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Is it raining? hmm... interesting. Might be the reason for the change then I guess?

KT31
18-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Should have stuck with Hooper.

Dazza
18-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Strange I thought Hahn had a reasonable game.

Rance Fan
18-09-2010, 11:46 PM

Disagree.
Sadly he was our leading goalkicker for what its worth. He was far from our worst.

FriendlyFires
18-09-2010, 11:46 PM
How many free kicks did Hahn end up giving away?!
Started well, but dropped right off, and was pretty reckless most of the time.

Greystache
18-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Just about his best game of the season, although the bar was pretty low!

KT31
18-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Disagree.
Sadly he was our leading goalkicker for what its worth. He was far from our worst.

Hooper would have been an unknown quantity.
He did kick a couple but he also gave away to many clumsy frees.

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 12:01 AM
I knew Rocket couldn't keep him out. At least the conditions should suit him

Sucked in!! Should have left Hooper in. NO BALLS:(

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 12:03 AM

Mmm!:confused:

Dry Rot
19-09-2010, 12:04 AM
eade at his presser was asked about retirements beyond Johnno.

One or two was the reply.

Hahn?

Rance Fan
19-09-2010, 12:08 AM
He should finish up, but with such weak bodies like, Gia, Grant, Hill and others can we afford to lose him?
I think we need Jones to do a good preseason and let him play the whole year next year.
Also get Grant in the gym over the summer!
Any chance to have Roughead or Cordy to step up and play CHF?

GVGjr
19-09-2010, 12:09 AM
eade at his presser was asked about retirements beyond Johnno.

One or two was the reply.

Hahn?

Hahn won't retire but he will have to accept a lesser role and I think less games with the seniors. If he is happy to do that then I think we will keep him around for another season.

Mofra
19-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Hahn won't retire but he will have to accept a lesser role and I think less games with the seniors. If he is happy to do that then I think we will keep him around for another season.
I actually thought he didn't play too badly tonight, will obviously only be a depth player next year but probably earned a one year extension.

A few players whop were fringe types at the start of 2010 will be thinking they can play 22 games next year

FriendlyFires
19-09-2010, 12:19 AM

Eagleton for the other, if not Hahn?

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 12:22 AM

Both gone if you had any clue at all !

boydogs
19-09-2010, 12:26 AM

You were suggesting we should have cut deeper with delistings last year, why do you see this one differently?

The quote was one or two in addition to Johnson, so Eagleton plus possibly one more. I would think Hahn would be the other, if not then perhaps Hudson or Hall

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-09-2010, 12:27 AM

This really is unnecessary. You've made a few posts tonight that are big on emotion, and short on substance. There are other sites available for ranting and winding people up. If you have an opinion share it, but please justify it with reason and keep the personal attacks and goading to yourself and you'll find you'll get a much better response, and possibly have a more enjoyable time of it.

Greystache
19-09-2010, 12:32 AM

Lucky you're so informed on Hahn's contract situation then! :rolleyes:

GVGjr
19-09-2010, 12:33 AM
You were suggesting we should have cut deeper with delistings last year, why do you see this one differently?

It's all about timing. Last year was better given the draft wasn't compromised. We are losing Akermanis, Johnson and Eagleton as the very experienced players plus Harbrow and I also suspect we will lose Callan, Tiller, Thorne, Stack and maybe Markovic with big questions marks on Everitt, Hill and Mulligan. With that in mind my first reaction is that Hahn can be left on the list for another season.

FriendlyFires
19-09-2010, 12:36 AM

Oh sorry, didn't realise Rocket was taking all his advice from you, apologies.....

:confused:

hujsh
19-09-2010, 12:58 AM

Though based on Eagle this year and knowing Eade's love of established mature players it wouldn't be surprising if he played the majority of games

This from the guy who used Bigfooty as a reference

GVGjr
19-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Though based on Eagle this year and knowing Eade's love of established mature players it wouldn't be surprising if he played the majority of games

I'm hopeful that the selection process will change and that all credits players might have gained over the years are cleaned off.

AndrewP6
19-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Hahn was good early, but dropped right off...he wasn't alone there.

AndrewP6
19-09-2010, 01:49 AM

The quote was one or two in addition to Johnson, so Eagleton plus possibly one more. I would think Hahn would be the other, if not then perhaps Hudson or Hall

He signed for two years IIRC...

Rocco Jones
19-09-2010, 01:51 AM
I'm hopeful that the selection process will change and that all credits players might have gained over the years are cleaned off.

Is there any reasoning for this hope?

I can see the MC losing some patience with Mitch but that's because his 'credits' have run out anyway. They might drop Mitch but unless there is a drastic change, I think we will still play 'credit players'. Lindsay Gilbee might be the 2011 credit player poster boy,

MrMahatma
19-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Is there any reasoning for this hope?

I can see the MC losing some patience with Mitch but that's because his 'credits' have run out anyway. They might drop Mitch but unless there is a drastic change, I think we will still play 'credit players'. Lindsay Gilbee might be the 2011 credit player poster boy,
I don't think in previous years we've had the depth of youth to make the tough calls on some of the older guys. This year we had injury interrupted seasons to Ward, Higgins, Picken, Reid (and obviously Cooney, Roughie at the end).

I feel that we gave it a shot with the list, filled a gap by getting Hall and though 2010 would be one last roll of the dice. It didn't work. But I'm not sorry we tried. 2011 should be about giving those younger guys the chance to learn and win for themselves, in a bid to unearth the real gems on the list who can take us all the way. Top 4 is great, but finishing 4th again next year is pointless.

KT31
19-09-2010, 09:24 AM

You are suggesting an All Australian to retire ?:confused:

stefoid
19-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Hahn was shocking - the number of duffed, aus-kick style mongrels that could have resulted in scoring opportunities ... Not to mention the ones that resulted in scoring shots for the saints.

Seriously, we need to play guys that can run and use the ball and they can learn how to do the hard stuff rather than the other way around.

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 01:37 PM
If Hanh has a contract then plays seconds incase of injuries. Lets face it Tiller is a better player than Hanh

ledge
19-09-2010, 02:26 PM

Cant believe you mentioned Hall or Hudson, have you been watching any games this year?
I would put about 16 senior players in front of them getting the boot first.

boydogs
19-09-2010, 07:34 PM
You are suggesting an All Australian to retire ?:confused:

Cant believe you mentioned Hall or Hudson, have you been watching any games this year?
I would put about 16 senior players in front of them getting the boot first.

Just clarifying that the one or two retirements Eade was referring to were in addition to Johnson. FriendlyFires seemed to think it was Johnson plus possibly either Eagle or Hahn. No way would I delist Hall or Hudson.