PDA

View Full Version : Choose your poison

Sedat
18-09-2010, 11:56 PM
A filth premiership or the likes of Tiprat winning a premierahip medallion?

I'm playing golf next Saturday.

GVGjr
18-09-2010, 11:58 PM
I won't be watching it. I wonder if a trip to Flinders island can be arranged during the week :)

soupman
19-09-2010, 12:05 AM
If I saw that Collingwod was one of the teams in the Grand Final I would straight away dcide I was supporting their oppositon, as I couldn't stand that club, it's supporters and certainly its players winning a flag.

However, with the knowledge that St.Kilda is the opposition, well, I don't want to see Milne or Riewoldt ever win a Premiership either, and I generally dislike their supporters and the last two preliminary finals haven't exactly made me like them.

So based on that I don't know which team I want to support, and it may come down to whichever team I dislike the least on the day.

Ghost Dog
19-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Screw it. Won't be watching it and don't care who wins. The season is only as long as the Bulldogs are in it as far as I am concerned.

Mantis
19-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm playing golf next Saturday.

How about we drink a can a hole, we should pass out by about the 15th hole and hopefully we make up on Monday to find out that due to unforseen circumstances the game was cancelled and will never be played again.

Sedat
19-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Hopefully the team that wins the flag next week is embroiled in a Melbourne Storm style salary cap scandal, and the 2010 premiership is declared null and void? Other than that, I've got nothing.

Remi Moses
19-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Collingwood for me. There fans are as annoying as the Pies only they have less!
We had a few straight out 21st Century Dance Club in Frankston tonight.
Mum and her 2 daughters all tanked and making very witty Dog references,you know "Get a Bone" boooooomtish Give it to em Doggy Style . Laugh,I never started..:rolleyes:

AndrewP6
19-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Mum and her 2 daughters all tanked and making very witty Dog references,you know "Get a Bone" boooooomtish Give it to em Doggy Style . Laugh,I never started..:rolleyes:

St Kilda? If so, I agree. Hate them both, but hate the Aints only ever so slightly less...

MrMahatma
19-09-2010, 04:28 AM
It's on at something like 4am over here in London. So I'm just going out on the lash on Friday night with a few blokes from work, in bed by 1am - wake up at 10am.

Footy? What footy?

Max469
19-09-2010, 06:37 AM
All I am going to say is:

GO PIES

smash the scum.

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Don't mind Malthouse & wouldn't mind seeing Ball get one over Saints, but don't really care anyway.

DOG GOD
19-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Team Eddie or Team Diver?

I think Team Eddie......JUST

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Possibly going camping, therefore have no hear NOTHING. I don't like camping, but if that's what it takes...

I'd leave the country if I could.

Go_Dogs
19-09-2010, 09:30 AM
It's times like this I'm glad to live in Adelaide...haha

KT31
19-09-2010, 09:35 AM
When I lived in Vic, we would have a Grandfinal bash, if you invite enough people you can have a conversation and drink with each one, before you know it the game is over and you haven't really noticed.
Might try that up here this week.

comrade
19-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Collingwood, easily.

Why would I want to support a team full of sexual deviants? The only joy I got out of last night was taunting Milne and Gilbert about their indiscretions.

The Underdog
19-09-2010, 10:30 AM
My wife is trying to talk me into watching it with her because it's the "Grand Final and you love football". I'm not sure that I care about the first and I'm not sure the latter is true.
I'd rather do pretty much anything else. i've offered to mow the lawns and work in the garden.
Hopefully it's like 1966 but with a half time bomb scare, mass evacuation and a swift move onto trade week.

EasternWest
19-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I guess I'm on my own here, but I rate Collingwood highly and would love to see Luke Ball (if his cramp :) recovers) with a medallion around his neck.

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 11:36 AM
I was thinking of getting out of the country when those ferals win..somewhere less torturous like Guantanamo Bay.

So therapist for the medal is fine with me..

AndrewP6
19-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Possibly going camping, therefore have no hear NOTHING. I don't like camping, but if that's what it takes...

I'd leave the country if I could.

That's funny :)

mighty_west
19-09-2010, 12:28 PM

Was that who i saw on my way home last night staggering all over Davey Street last night in all their shitfaced glory? By the looks of them, they thought they were all still on the revolving dancefloor as well....:D

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 01:07 PM
I have to back in the Saints next week. Riewoldt is a champion, yes I hate it when he dives but the man is a marvel and I'd rather see him (and yes, even Milney) win a premiership medallion than Pistols Didak or Malthouse.

500 thousand people will be following Collingwood. The other 4 million in Melbourne will be behind the Saints. :)

As much as I hate them, they played well, made us play to their game style — WTF is with that, Rocket? — and generally deserved to progress.

Sockeye Salmon
19-09-2010, 03:32 PM
When I lived in Vic, we would have a Grandfinal bash, if you invite enough people you can have a conversation and drink with each one, before you know it the game is over and you haven't really noticed.
Might try that up here this week.

And the resonsible one who takes the train home instead of driving gets fined $200 for being drunk in public for falling asleep on the train :mad:

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Imagine a 38pt 3/4 time Collingwood lead then StKilda pinches it?
You'd have to admit that would be funny? Especially if there was a BS umpire decision to give Nick the Dick a shot to win with under a minute to go.
Ha!
Imagine the Pies fans?

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Imagine a 38pt 3/4 time Collingwood lead then StKilda pinches it?
You'd have to admit that would be funny? Especially if there was a BS umpire decision to give Nick the Dick a shot to win with under a minute to go.
Ha!
Imagine the Pies fans?

That would be the worst possible scenario, because they would not let anyone hear the end of it. :rolleyes:

BulldogBelle
19-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Collingwood and St Kilda should both be fined for tainting and bringing the grand final into disrepute.

We've got your Alan Didaks, Heath Shaws, Milnes, Montagnes, Armitage, Beams, Swans, Gilberts...

how many of them actually aren't criminals?

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 04:12 PM
It's times like this I'm glad to live in Adelaide...haha

This has been one of the better seasons in that regard.

I think this years grand final warrants al Qaeda interest...

Scraggers
19-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I want Collingwood to win only because I don't want St. Kilda to win one before us (and I like watching Reiwoldt cry)

AndrewP6
19-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I want Collingwood to win only because I don't want St. Kilda to win one before us (and I like watching Reiwoldt cry)

Very good point. Might have to revise my thinking... but how on Earth can I support the Filth?

craigsahibee
19-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Yes, if the Saints win, their premiership to seasons played ratio will be better than ours so regrettably, it's the Pies for me.

BulldogBelle
19-09-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm on the Collingood ticket for the GF, my boss couldn't contain his excitement and rang me from the game - and I could hear that Collingwood chant in the background whilst he was talking, must say, I thought to myself imagine us hearing that haunting chant for our team...I can live in hope. :)

boydogs
19-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Very good point. Might have to revise my thinking... but how on Earth can I support the Filth?

Just point and laugh when St Kilda lose - that's not supporting anyone ;)

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 09:15 PM

Yeah that is a good point, watching the Roo cry does make good TV.

bornadog
19-09-2010, 09:34 PM

I am with you, as much as I hate Collingwood.

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 11:05 AM
If I saw that Collingwod was one of the teams in the Grand Final I would straight away dcide I was supporting their oppositon, as I couldn't stand that club, it's supporters and certainly its players winning a flag.

However, with the knowledge that St.Kilda is the opposition, well, I don't want to see Milne or Riewoldt ever win a Premiership either, and I generally dislike their supporters and the last two preliminary finals haven't exactly made me like them.

So based on that I don't know which team I want to support, and it may come down to whichever team I dislike the least on the day.

Exactly!! I can't barrack for either team. During the 2nd half of Saturdays game I thought I'd be less upset if Collingwood win the GF, but now I just don't know. Will have to see where the mood (and champagne) takes me at the time.

Sedat
20-09-2010, 11:20 AM
As a passionate hater of all things filth, it would take an awful lot to make me want to support them in any way, shape or form in any match. That St Kilda manages to achieve this feat is a feather in their cap.

Whatever happens, I'm on a plane at 11.00pm GF night and will miss the next 7 days of debauchery that poor old Melbourne town will encounter when the filth salute the judges on Saturday - some semblence of sanity will have started to prevail by then with any luck (at least trade week will be around the corner).

The thought of seeing Milne belting out "oh when the saints" after a GF triumph is too much for my mind to comprehend. Joffa, Eddie, Didak, Harry O, Maxwell - all of them give me the shits big time but they can have the glory if it means the tears flow long and hard down at Moorabbin. And after seeing them completely destroy Geelong on Friday night with a brand of football that is simply awesome, frankly they deserve the cup. St Kilda's god-awful game plan will kill AFL for the next couple of years if they somehow manage to win the flag next week.

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 11:53 AM
As a passionate hater of all things filth, it would take an awful lot to make me want to support them in any way, shape or form in any match. That St Kilda manages to achieve this feat is a feather in their cap.

Whatever happens, I'm on a plane at 11.00pm GF night and will miss the next 7 days of debauchery that poor old Melbourne town will encounter when the filth salute the judges on Saturday - some semblence of sanity will have started to prevail by then with any luck (at least trade week will be around the corner).

The thought of seeing Milne belting out "oh when the saints" after a GF triumph is too much for my mind to comprehend. Joffa, Eddie, Didak, Harry O, Maxwell - all of them give me the shits big time but they can have the glory if it means the tears flow long and hard down at Moorabbin. And after seeing them completely destroy Geelong on Friday night with a brand of football that is simply awesome, frankly they deserve the cup. St Kilda's god-awful game plan will kill AFL for the next couple of years if they somehow manage to win the flag next week.

Great post Sedat!! :D

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 03:00 PM
For weeks I've been dreading the possibility of a Pies v Saints GF, it's just my worst nightmare.

I hate Riewoldt, Milne, Schneider and Lyon more than I hate Maxwell and Didak. I also know quite a few nice Pies fans, can't say the same about the Saints.

It hurts, but I'm going for Collingwood.

Drunken Bum
21-09-2010, 05:42 PM
I was certain we would win on sat seeing as this is the first finals series(that we have been in) i haven't been at since '85 and wasn't all that happy as there would have been no way to get home if we did win.
I couldn't be happier to be overseas now though and have no interest whatsoever in the result. Ghost dog summed it up for me

Screw it. Won't be watching it and don't care who wins. The season is only as long as the Bulldogs are in it as far as I am concerned.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Pies for me happy to see Saint Sook cry again and the little 44 not get a kick again but the consulation prize is Eddies face.. hmm .... no money talks go Pies

LostDoggy
22-09-2010, 12:09 AM
That would be the worst possible scenario, because they would not let anyone hear the end of it. :rolleyes:

That's the beauty of it! Pies can't whinge cause they'll have blown a 38pt lead and StKilda can't gloat cause it was a charity which exposes Nick the dick as a diver!

That's how it's playing out in my head anyhow.

immortalmike
22-09-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm not supporting either team I'm just going to avoid the winner and bag the loser.

Daughter of the West
22-09-2010, 08:44 AM
I suggested going to the Royal Melbourne Show for the whole day/night to my partner, I got laughed off. So I'm going to get blotto instead at a mate's barbie.

As much as I hate the filth and all their feral supporters, I hate the St Kilda players more.

Originally Posted by Scraggers

And seeing that would make my day (whilst ignoring all the shots of jubilant Collingwood supporters in between, yuck! :mad:).

Ozza
22-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Would be interested to see a poll on who WOOFers are barracking for....to be honest - I haven't decided yet...I may even wait until the ball is thrown up to see who I find myself barracking for.

LostDoggy
22-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Would be interested to see a poll on who WOOFers are barracking for....to be honest - I haven't decided yet...I may even wait until the ball is thrown up to see who I find myself barracking for.

Good work Ozza. I agree with many of the posts.

-I'd like to see Saints fans celebrate a premiership, however I can't stand Ross Lyons' game plan. "Saints footy!"

-I have nothing against most of the Collingwood players, and actually enjoy watching the way their young kids take the game on. However if the pies win, I may have take a sabbatical year to South America to avoid the lack of grace held by many pies supporters.

If you needed any clarity over why you shouldn't be friends with pies supporters, you only need to scroll down your facebook page after 10pm monday night. :D