PDA

View Full Version : What changes for Round 17?

Dry Rot
20-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Gilbee, Hahn and possibly Cooney out through injury or suspension. Could probably drop another 15 on form....

Go_Dogs
21-07-2007, 12:26 PM
The problem is there isn't really anyone knocking on the door to move up. Perhaps Dmac or Faulkner could earn a run, or perhaps even Hill if Mifsud's comments are accurate. Not too sure though.

Any news on the extent of the injuries yet, or someone want to have an educated guess?

bornadog
21-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Any news on the extent of the injuries yet, or someone want to have an educated guess?

According to The Age, Hahn is out for 6 weeks with a shoulder, and Gilbee one to two with a calf. Grant will play next week, he was interviewed on SEN today, Morris will be back, had back spasms.

Dry Rot
21-07-2007, 01:24 PM
And West?

bornadog
21-07-2007, 01:34 PM
And West?

There was no mention of West, so not sure there

LostDoggy
21-07-2007, 02:51 PM
My guess is that the season has now slipped us by and we need to put the acid test on a few players. Depending on how some of the players perform tomorrow will help dtermine the ins.

Outs - Cooney (suspended) Gilbee (injured) Hahn (injured) Robbins (omitted) Street (omitted)
In's - Grant (to cover Hahn) Minson (Street) Morris (Gilbee) Faulkner (Cooney) Power (Robbins)

bornadog
23-07-2007, 12:13 AM
My guess is that the season has now slipped us by and we need to put the acid test on a few players. Depending on how some of the players perform tomorrow will help dtermine the ins.

Outs - Cooney (suspended) Gilbee (injured) Hahn (injured) Robbins (omitted) Street (omitted)
In's - Grant (to cover Hahn) Minson (Street) Morris (Gilbee) Faulkner (Cooney) Power (Robbins)

The ladder is tight and we still have a chance, only beacuse alot of results this week end helped us.
One thing, I can't see why Power should come in this week?

What about Skipper, does he deserve a go?

Mantis
23-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Out: Hahn, Gilbee, Robbins (for the last time), one of Darcy/ Street

In: Grant, Morris, Faulkner, Minson or Skipper depending if Minson is fit??

Cooney's incident was at low end end of the scale, I'm pretty sure he has a clean record and will probably only get a reprimand.

I think we are a bit limited due to the injuries as I would like to drop a few more, but really we have no other options in who to bring in. Many of our more senior players should have had there last chance to perform in a 'big' game as they failed again and will hopefully be replaced over the coming weeks when we get a few back.

bornadog
23-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Out: Hahn, Gilbee, Robbins (for the last time), one of Darcy/ Street

In: Grant, Morris, Faulkner, Minson or Skipper depending if Minson is fit??

Cooney's incident was at low end end of the scale, I'm pretty sure he has a clean record and will probably only get a reprimand.

Just heard, Cooney is free to play, as impact low and gets 93points = repremand

southerncross
23-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Just heard, Cooney is free to play, as impact low and gets 93points = repremand

Phew. Good call. :)

southerncross
23-07-2007, 06:13 PM
What about Skipper, does he deserve a go?

I think Street should be given a spell and with doubts on Minson fitness it could come down to Skipper or McDougall to support Darcy.
I know Darcy was down last week but we need his mobility and either of the other two could support him.

Bulldog Revolution
24-07-2007, 01:39 PM
I think Street should be given a spell and with doubts on Minson fitness it could come down to Skipper or McDougall to support Darcy.
I know Darcy was down last week but we need his mobility and either of the other two could support him.

Will Skipper and McDougall be useful against Cox and Seaby?

I'd stick with Street - I was disappointed with how he performed but I give him another week, particularly as Minson isn't right to go

Addison in to cover Gilbee as a back pocket running defender type?

Morris in for Hahn

LostDoggy
24-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Will Skipper and McDougall be useful against Cox and Seaby? ...

That thought gives me the shivers.

bornadog
24-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Grant will definately be playing, so he is an in. I haven't heard if Morris is ok to play, or West.

GVGjr
24-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Grant will definately be playing, so he is an in. I haven't heard if Morris is ok to play, or West.

All three will play unless there is a last minute problem.

bornadog
24-07-2007, 04:13 PM
All three will play unless there is a last minute problem.

That means:

Out: Hahn, Gilbee and ???

In: Grant and Morris and possibly a 5th Debutant

Sockeye Salmon
24-07-2007, 04:23 PM
In: Grant, Morris & Hill
Out: Gilbee, Hahn & Wight

Minson picked a lousy time to get hamstring soreness. Street was poo Friday night.

bornadog
26-07-2007, 10:13 AM
In: Grant, Morris & Hill
Out: Gilbee, Hahn & Wight

Minson picked a lousy time to get hamstring soreness. Street was poo Friday night.

According to the Age today, Street and Robbins may be dropped and Grant and West may not play. The injuries are mounting and testing our depth, or lack of.

That means it could look like this:

Out: Gilbee, Hahn, West, Street, Robbins

In: Morris, Tiller, Minson, Faulkner, Addison, or one of Power, Skipper, McDougall????

That is a major change to the team, so Robbins may be saved if West doesn't come up?

Go_Dogs
26-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Well, it won't be Minson he's injured. I'd be surprised if both West and Grant missed.

bornadog
26-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Well, it won't be Minson he's injured. I'd be surprised if both West and Grant missed.

hope your right on West. If Minson is injured then Skipper will come in.

LostDoggy
26-07-2007, 06:14 PM
not sure about faulkner , every other time he gets an opportunity he doesnt quite grasp it but we are in need of goal kickersand gavin hughes (2007 draftee) kicked four for weribeee on the weekend?

bornadog
26-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the board sonofthewest. Gavin is a rookie and I am not sure on the rules, but I believe we can't promote him.

bornadog
26-07-2007, 06:46 PM
In: Morris, Power, Skipper, Tiller
Out: Gilbee (Calf), Hahn (Shoulder), Robbins, Street

Go_Dogs
26-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Interesting In's.

bornadog
26-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Interesting In's.

Skipper/ Power will need to show something. I guess they will also use Wight in the ruck.

Bulldog Revolution
26-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Skipper/ Power will need to show something. I guess they will also use Wight in the ruck.

Darcy should start in the ruck with Skipper backing up and Wight the insurance

Agreed - time for Power to really show something

southerncross
26-07-2007, 09:01 PM
In: Morris, Power, Skipper, Tiller
Out: Gilbee (Calf), Hahn (Shoulder), Robbins, Street

We are going in with the mobile ruck combination hoping that we can break even or run them off their feet.

GVGjr
26-07-2007, 10:53 PM
The Werribee report makes for interesting reading. McDougall in defence and Skipper quieter than previous weeks.

R.Castello: ok game got some form back and battled away all day
J.Barham : pretty honest down back and stuck to his task
S.Power: 23 possession through the midfield and half forward
T.Henderson: really worked well on the wing, provides a marking target he is getting back to his best form
S.Tiller: kicked 2 goals gives us good presence in the forward line plus he went back and did well there.
J.Furfaro: run with role and did not win his position had a couple of goals kicked on him
Tim Sheringham: started slow and was beaten but got back in it 21 possessions
J.Hill: looked lively at times up forward needs to work harder
D.Addison: got injured in the first quarter which really effected his game
J.Garth: no great influence on the game
T.Baird: honest display and he is competitive
D.Gleeson: highest possession getter but their midield got on top and he is partly responsible for that
W.Skipper: been our focal point up forward and doing well was a little bit quieter this week
A.McDougall: pretty good played down back on Bradley and was accountable for his opponent.
C.Faulkner: 20 possessions 4 tackles he did his job
M.Lynch: looked lively at times but was a bit rusty from missing some footy
G.Hughes; kicked 4 goals continued his good form from the twos, played half forward and wing
J.Young; tagged Houli went ok and really had a go 19 possessions & 3 tackles
M.Rockefeller: on and off the bench rotating through the midfield he did his job well
D.McCormack; 10 possessions really needs to bring his A Game
A.Eriksen: 15 hitouts he was dominant in the ruck, needs to work on the other side of his game
L.Gardiner : played his role ok (came in for Minson)

Bulldog Revolution
27-07-2007, 12:00 AM
The Werribee report makes for interesting reading. McDougall in defence and Skipper quieter than previous weeks.

R.Castello: ok game got some form back and battled away all day
J.Barham : pretty honest down back and stuck to his task
S.Power: 23 possession through the midfield and half forward
T.Henderson: really worked well on the wing, provides a marking target he is getting back to his best form
S.Tiller: kicked 2 goals gives us good presence in the forward line plus he went back and did well there.
J.Furfaro: run with role and did not win his position had a couple of goals kicked on him
Tim Sheringham: started slow and was beaten but got back in it 21 possessions
J.Hill: looked lively at times up forward needs to work harder
D.Addison: got injured in the first quarter which really effected his game
J.Garth: no great influence on the game
T.Baird: honest display and he is competitive
D.Gleeson: highest possession getter but their midield got on top and he is partly responsible for that
W.Skipper: been our focal point up forward and doing well was a little bit quieter this week
A.McDougall: pretty good played down back on Bradley and was accountable for his opponent.
C.Faulkner: 20 possessions 4 tackles he did his job
M.Lynch: looked lively at times but was a bit rusty from missing some footy
G.Hughes; kicked 4 goals continued his good form from the twos, played half forward and wing
J.Young; tagged Houli went ok and really had a go 19 possessions & 3 tackles
M.Rockefeller: on and off the bench rotating through the midfield he did his job well
D.McCormack; 10 possessions really needs to bring his A Game
A.Eriksen: 15 hitouts he was dominant in the ruck, needs to work on the other side of his game
L.Gardiner : played his role ok (came in for Minson)

It is interesting - it just goes to show how out of synch the Dogs match committee is with the Werribee one - it certainly feels to me that a lot of our players not currently selected are really at the cross roads; and that the playing list may undergo enormous change over the summer: Faulkner, Skipper, Power, Tiller, Faulkner, Baird, McDougall, McCormack, Robbins

Dry Rot
27-07-2007, 12:19 AM
[B]A.McDougall: pretty good played down back on Bradley and was accountable for his opponent.

Is that Keppler Bradley?

Bulldog Revolution
28-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Is that Keppler Bradley?

yep - and you would expect McDougall to be able to keep Keppler quiet, Kepplers generally quiet