PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone from the WB read this forum?

Ghost Dog
19-09-2010, 03:10 PM
For those in the know, does anyone from the WB come on here regularly to read what supporters are saying?

If somone from the club were to read your feedback, what would be your main idea for improving club performance?

For mine; Develop a deeper list by being prepared to take a few risks, even if it means losing a few games here and there in order to unearth and develop talent. give some more Willy Kids a crack. Everitt, Moles, Hoops etc. Build up a really deep list. Injuries revealed a lack of depth at the club at times.

DOG GOD
19-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Mine: For the MC to give games to those that deserve games and to drop those who cant seem to grasp the fact that they play a team sport. Do not use the usual cliches about "credits in the bank". A much tougher stance needs to be shown with players not wanting to do the hard yards for team success. This needs to change immediately.

Players who are playing injured in any way needs to stop. If the MC dont think we have the depth to cover that then tough...throw a kid to the wolves and who knows it may just be the making of a 200 gamer for the club. I agree with Ghost, some risks have to be taken to take that next step. take the motto of "i would rather die on my feet than live on my knees".

Oh and Ward and Picken need to be in the leadership group.

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Mine: For the MC to give games to those that deserve games and to drop those who cant seem to grasp the fact that they play a team sport. Do not use the usual cliches about "credits in the bank". A much tougher stance needs to be shown with players not wanting to do the hard yards for team success. This needs to change immediately.

Players who are playing injured in any way needs to stop. If the MC dont think we have the depth to cover that then tough...throw a kid to the wolves and who knows it may just be the making of a 200 gamer for the club. I agree with Ghost, some risks have to be taken to take that next step. take the motto of "i would rather die on my feet than live on my knees".

Good post have to agree. Lets say we rested more players this year and it cost a few games and we ended up fifth instead of fourth but were primed to hit the finals with a healthy rested list. Surely this would have been better than playing every best 22 player no matter what and hobling into the finals.

gohardorgohome
19-09-2010, 04:01 PM

Everyone plays injured. It's the level of injury that is important.

comrade
19-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Geez, I hope Cam Wight didn't read some of the stuff I wrote about him.

If you're reading this Cam, I'm sorry :)

GVGjr
19-09-2010, 07:42 PM
For those in the know, does anyone from the WB come on here regularly to read what supporters are saying?

We have a few people from the club as members of the forum.

AndrewP6
19-09-2010, 07:48 PM
We have a few people from the club as members of the forum.

Are there? Wow, didn't know that.

boydogs
19-09-2010, 07:49 PM
My number one suggestion would be to pick a big game player as captain - a hard at it, do as I do type. Dale Morris probably the best of the contenders. We need to transform our outside skillful types into hard nosed competitors, we have too many short of the mark to fix that with list management

ledge
19-09-2010, 08:28 PM
What about Griffen he has been superb taking over the hard work to fill the hole Cooney left.
Stepped up to the plate bigtime.

boydogs
19-09-2010, 09:06 PM
What about Griffen he has been superb taking over the hard work to fill the hole Cooney left.
Stepped up to the plate bigtime.

Yeah he has. Once upon a time he would be unsighted if stuck with the best tagger, but he was a good contributor again last night

LostDoggy
19-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah he has. Once upon a time he would be unsighted if stuck with the best tagger, but he was a good contributor again last night

Looks like Griff took a step forward with Cooney out. Having both of these guys in form and fit, at the right time of the year, will be hugely important next season.

Sockeye Salmon
19-09-2010, 09:35 PM
If anyone from the club read anything on this site their response would depend entirely on whether we won or lost the week before.

If we won they would be certain they were the greatest team of all time; if we had lost they would be ready to get out the razor blades.

Flamethrower
19-09-2010, 10:04 PM

Mick Malthouse put it best on Game Day this morning. At this time of the year all players are carrying injuries so no one is 100%, but only play players who can give 100% despite their injuries.

The other thing a lot of posters need to remember before bagging a player is that unless you are part of the team or MC, you may not know what role is assigned to that player. There are times when the expectations of the team/MC and the expectations of the fans are polar opposites when it comes to a player's role in the team.