20-09-2010, 02:22 PM
1 Griffen
2 Cooney
3 Lake
4 Boyd
5 Cross

jazzadogs
20-09-2010, 05:42 PM
I read in the Hun the other day, in betting on a club's highest vote getter, that Griffen would be included as 'any other Bulldogs player' at $15 or so. Good value I reckon...Cooney should get it, but I'd have Griff second.

Greystache
20-09-2010, 05:52 PM
1. Cooney
2. Lake
3. Griffen
4. Boyd
5. Hall

Ozza
20-09-2010, 05:55 PM
1. Cooney
2. Griffen
3. Lake
4. Boyd
5. Giansiracusa

chef
20-09-2010, 05:56 PM
1. Cooney
2. Griffen
3. Harbrow
4. Lake
5. Cross

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 07:06 PM
1. Cooney
2. Griffen
3. Lake
4. Harbrow
5. Boyd

Flamethrower
20-09-2010, 07:53 PM
5 - Adam Cooney
4 - Jarrod Harbrow
3 - Ryan Griffen
2 - Matthew Boyd
1 - Brian Lake

Bumper Bulldogs
20-09-2010, 08:22 PM
1. Cooney
2. Boyd
3. Lake
4. Cross
5. Griffen

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Has Cooney polled a vote yet?

The Coon Dog
20-09-2010, 09:38 PM
How fast is Andrew Demetriou reading out the names? At this rate it will be finished at 9 o'clock.

Rocco Jones
20-09-2010, 09:41 PM
How fast is Andrew Demetriou reading out the names? At this rate it will be finished at 9 o'clock.

Haha, was thinking the same.

He is going at a meaningless games late in the season rate for every game. Boy has the Brownlow changed, once the fillers were here so we could have something in between the votes but the votes seemingly take the role of the fillers.

AndrewP6
20-09-2010, 09:46 PM

Thank heaven for small mercies ;)

Maybe they got word that Fev is in town and they want to get off the air as soon as they can.

AndrewP6
20-09-2010, 09:51 PM
The umps Judd-love continues...15 after nine rounds!

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Thank heaven for small mercies ;)

Maybe they got word that Fev is in town and they want to get off the air as soon as they can.
They said on the new tonight that it was starting earlier, I think in their opinion to prevent any Fevola type incident.

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Boyd will almost be certain to get the captaincy, the way he is polling.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-09-2010, 10:36 PM

I cannot believe he's polling this well.

:eek:

Greystache
20-09-2010, 10:41 PM

Umpires just watch who's got the ball, not who their direct opponent is, or in Judd's case even how you dispose of it.

If princess Riewoldt hadn't done his hamstring in reckon he'd be leading comfortably, 6 votes in the first two rounds, shit the umpires love him. :mad:

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 10:44 PM
It it just me or do I not get what it is that Judd gives - this is crap, the umpires are not truly valuing the rest of the players around Judd - it is like he is under a permanent spotlight - at least we get to see a lot of Rebecca.

Mantis
20-09-2010, 10:52 PM

He racks up large numbers and is always in the umpires vision.

31 touches a game is a big number.

Rocco Jones
20-09-2010, 10:56 PM

and gets contested possessions as well as having a hard tag every week. How often does he carry them on his shoulders to victory/being competitive?

I am still a massive Chris Judd fanboy.

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 10:58 PM
and gets contested possessions as well as having a hard tag every week. How often does he carry them on his shoulders to victory/being competitive?

I think Mantis was talking about Boyd, but i agree with you on Judd.

AndrewP6
20-09-2010, 11:02 PM

I think this trail of comments is referring to Boyd. Either that, or I've had too many bevvies!;)

AndrewP6
20-09-2010, 11:03 PM
It it just me or do I not get what it is that Judd gives - this is crap, the umpires are not truly valuing the rest of the players around Judd - it is like he is under a permanent spotlight - at least we get to see a lot of Rebecca.

Is Judd even there? ;)

Hotdog60
20-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Boyd is getting up there.

Ghost Dog
20-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Commentator: " Andrew Demitreou is doing a great job maintaining the suspension...."

:P Noice one

Rocco Jones
20-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Haha, thanks guys. :o

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 11:24 PM
We might be hearing "The winner of the two thousand and ten Brownlow Medal winner is M Boyd from the Western Bulldogs!!!!!!" How unexpected would that be. Go you good thing

Ghost Dog
20-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Everyone looks bored out of their bowties.

Greystache
20-09-2010, 11:28 PM
We might be hearing "The winner of the two thousand and ten Brownlow Medal winner is M Boyd from the Western Bulldogs!!!!!!" How unexpected would that be. Go you good thing

Out of reach now, Judd looks home.

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 11:29 PM
there went that idea

Greystache
20-09-2010, 11:32 PM
It's pathetic the way the umpires fall all over themselves to give Judd votes.

Ghost Dog
20-09-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't mind Judd frankly. When he's not gouging people's eyes out.
His girlfriend is a bit ordinary though :)

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 11:39 PM
How good was the look on Eddie's face, lol.

Mantis
20-09-2010, 11:45 PM

I think it might be a different reaction come 5pm on Saturday.

LostDoggy
20-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Commentator: " Andrew Demitreou is doing a great job maintaining the suspension...."

:P Noice one

Haha noticed that!
I bet after that he was probably having one of those ''Why on earth did I just say that!'' moments!

Flamethrower
20-09-2010, 11:49 PM
There will be a fair amount of controversy surrounding Judd's non-suspension for elbowing Pavlich in the head.

Chris Grant and Corey McKernan have every right to feel dudded now.

AndrewP6
20-09-2010, 11:50 PM
There will be a fair amount of controversy surrounding Judd's non-suspension for elbowing Pavlich in the head.

Chris Grant and Corey McKernan have every right to feel dudded now.

Great point.

AndrewP6
20-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Anyone else think it was unnecessary to ask him about the move from WC after three years? If AD had have slowed down a bit, they wouldn't have needed to fill that air time!

aker39
20-09-2010, 11:55 PM
If the MRP had done their job properly, Judd wouldn't have been eligible. I said on here at the time that it was the worse decision ever by the MRP. This result just makes it even worse.

bornadog
21-09-2010, 12:01 AM
If the MRP had done their job properly, Judd wouldn't have been eligible. I said on here at the time that it was the worse decision ever by the MRP. This result just makes it even worse.

I can't believe that Judd played better than Swan this year, that is also a joke.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Any chance of just giving Matty Boyd credit for how well he polled in the Browlow. Well done Boydie.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 12:08 AM
I have swung towards the saints this weekend after seeing Eddies face tonight. Would like to see that again.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 12:08 AM
I have swung towards the saints this weekend after seeing Eddies face tonight. Would like to see that again.
It was priceless wasn't it.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't like Carlton winning things.

Greystache
21-09-2010, 12:11 AM

It's the same face Ablett makes everytime a team mate gets the 3 votes!

KT31
21-09-2010, 12:11 AM
I can't believe that Judd played better than Swan this year, that is also a joke.

Case of a great player standing out without much opposition from teammates.
Swan and Ablett had a few to contend with.
Ablett will stand out next year if he goes to GC.(Although if Selwood not there to help him?)

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Greg Champions Part 2 of Red Hot Go could include "TGBFTF - They've got bigger Fish to Fry" Ah footy full of cliche's, Brownlow night just isn't about the winner.

Adam Rozenbachs and Co (on ABC radio) talked to C.Grant and mentioned the Brownlow yesterday afternoon. He mentioned how he was at home on the night and couldn't believe what he was seeing. He's a champion though anyway and might be better remembered because he didn't win it that year because in the end that's all most seem to remember including this interview he had. I'm sure he doesn't look back with too much angst although he'd have to have at least one chuckle about it tonight.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Swan got screwed.

KT31
21-09-2010, 12:14 AM

Either way Riewoldt will cry.:)

Go_Dogs
21-09-2010, 12:14 AM

It was rewind worthy at my place :D

mighty_west
21-09-2010, 12:17 AM

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7045/p1011025.jpg

Rocco Jones
21-09-2010, 12:17 AM
It's odd to say these two things together but I both really enjoy Brownlow night and think it's massively overrated as a guide to who had the best season.

I believe the voting system is fundamentally flawed. Only 3 players receive votes, a BOG is worth 3 times as much as being 3rd best on ground etc.

The umpires giving the votes is another issue, pretty sure they have bigger things on their mind during the game.

That being said I don't really care for anything being changed, as I said before I enjoy the intrigue that comes with how random it can be. I just don't use it as a tool to decide who the best player of the season has been.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 12:18 AM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7194/p1011025p.jpg
Smile Eddie, you are on candid camera !

Rocco Jones
21-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Stunning work mighty west.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 12:19 AM
It's odd to say these two things together but I both really enjoy Brownlow night and think it's massively overrated as a guide to who had the best season.

I believe the voting system is fundamentally flawed. Only 3 players receive votes, a BOG is worth 3 times as much as being 3rd best on ground etc.

The umpires giving the votes is another issue, pretty sure they have bigger things on their mind during the game.

That being said I don't really care for anything being changed, as I said before I enjoy the intrigue that comes with how random it can be. I just don't use it as a tool to decide who the best player of the season has been.
Agree 100%, another thing that gives me the irrates, is how rare it is for the losing side to get votes. I'm sure some players from losing sides have been best on the ground.

Rocco Jones
21-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Agree 100%, another thing that gives me the irrates, is how rare it is for the losing side to get votes. I'm sure some players from losing sides have been best on the ground.

Haha, I have that issue too but more so with sports in general. Sometimes guns carry their side to victory but their team mates drag 'em back to defeat!

immortalmike
21-09-2010, 03:01 AM
It's the same face Ablett makes everytime a team mate gets the 3 votes!

I know you can actually see little Gaz's thought process.

Geelong players gets 3 votes.
Ablett: "Bastard, got more votes than me. I'm so much better than him."
realises he's on television
Ablett: "Oh crap I better smile and act like I don't care."

Desipura
21-09-2010, 09:48 AM
A very good year by Boyd. With Cooney and Higgins fit and firing, Boyd will hopefully go back to being used in a more negating type role who can find the ball like Clinton Jones of St Kilda.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 10:07 AM
WESTERN BULLDOGS

Matthew Boyd 20
Barry Hall 11
Adam Cooney, Daniel Giansiracusa, Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake 8
Daniel Cross, Ryan Griffen 7
Lindsay Gilbee, *Jarrad Grant 3
Mitch Hahn 2
Shaun Higgins 1

None of us picked the Boyd/Hall quinella. Very happy with how well Boydy polled. Good to see Bazza right up there too.

BornInDroopSt'54
21-09-2010, 10:22 AM
WESTERN BULLDOGS

Matthew Boyd 20
Barry Hall 11
Mitch Hahn 2
Shaun Higgins 1

None of us picked the Boyd/Hall quinella. Very happy with how well Boydy polled. Good to see Bazza right up there too.

The umps love him.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 10:25 AM
The umps love him.

16 Free Kicks For, 28 Against this year would tell a different story :rolleyes:

BornInDroopSt'54
21-09-2010, 10:34 AM
16 Free Kicks For, 28 Against this year would tell a different story :rolleyes:

I was being ironic.

Sockeye Salmon
21-09-2010, 10:49 AM
The thing that stands out most to me is how the media 'golden children' now dominate the Brownlow voting.

This didn't happen so much 'back when I was a lad' - Kevin Bartlett losing in 74 and Libba winning in 90 for instance - but the Brownlow seems to be going down the same track as the All-Australian team. Is seems you have to be near the top for a few seasons before you get a look in.

I think the umpires are spending more time reading the papers and now as long as the games media darlings don't blow it they will get the votes.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 11:16 AM
I know you can actually see little Gaz's thought process.

Geelong players gets 3 votes.
Ablett: "Bastard, got more votes than me. I'm so much better than him."
realises he's on television
Ablett: "Oh crap I better smile and act like I don't care."

Oh yes, didn't watch the whole telecast, but I noticed Ablett's face a few times. Kind of like the face he wore when Cooney beat him......... need I say more! Didn't get to see Eddie's face, but I would have to say I think Ablett is a poor sport and I have thought so from the time of Cooney's win!

The Coon Dog
21-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Funny how we bag umpires every week & then take as gospel that their votes are the only ones that matter.

EasternWest
21-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Oh yes, didn't watch the whole telecast, but I noticed Ablett's face a few times. Kind of like the face he wore when Cooney beat him......... need I say more! Didn't get to see Eddie's face, but I would have to say I think Ablett is a poor sport and I have thought so from the time of Cooney's win!

Disagree. Looks like he wants to win, and is disappointed when he doesn't. I have no problem with that. He's a competitor and I'd rather see that than Judd's cocksure leaning back in his chair, smug smirk on his face.

I don't like Judd, as great a player as he is.

BornInDroopSt'54
21-09-2010, 11:30 AM
The thing that stands out most to me is how the media 'golden children' now dominate the Brownlow voting.

This didn't happen so much 'back when I was a lad' - Kevin Bartlett losing in 74 and Libba winning in 90 for instance - but the Brownlow seems to be going down the same track as the All-Australian team. Is seems you have to be near the top for a few seasons before you get a look in.

I think the umpires are spending more time reading the papers and now as long as the games media darlings don't blow it they will get the votes.

Agreed, and its a midfielder's award.
Above all what makes the Brownlow is that it is the umpires' perceptions. This gives it its gravity, it is saying fair play is what is important, playing within the rules. The fact that we honour the Brownlow as one of our society's great ceremonies reinforces our belief that the game must be above eye-gouging, pissing-on-windows-type-talented-bastards. It must applaude the one who firstly plays the ball and secondly plays the best.
My gripe is that numbers, statistics seem to dominate and this makes it hard for non-midfielders. Perhaps umpires see themselves in the midfielders - running after the ball all day, and its narcissistic?

cinder
21-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi guys. Hubby managed to score tickets to last night (so lucky!) and I managed to stalk a few of the Bulldogs boys. Only one I missed was Boydy!!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YOlzNK422ls/TJf-bTQpMLI/AAAAAAAACnY/YaEqFX1-wKg/s912/P9200020.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YOlzNK422ls/TJf-b1Qj6qI/AAAAAAAACnc/cSl7ZWd-qOs/s912/P9200012.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_YOlzNK422ls/TJf-cFT9UJI/AAAAAAAACng/8g16RfQE3h4/s912/P9200025.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YOlzNK422ls/TJf-ciiRyvI/AAAAAAAACnk/OjhkQsZOOSI/s912/P9200028.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YOlzNK422ls/TJf--XpxsNI/AAAAAAAACns/DNkRMNK6T-s/s912/P9200029.JPG

The boys were all lovely, and had a great night.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi guys. Hubby managed to score tickets to last night (so lucky!) and I managed to stalk a few of the Bulldogs boys. Only one I missed was Boydy!!

Lucky duck! Where abouts did you sit? anyone well known on your table? I assume they put the rest of the tables towards the back?

Before I Die
21-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Agreed, and its a midfielder's award.
Above all what makes the Brownlow is that it is the umpires' perceptions. This gives it its gravity, it is saying fair play is what is important, playing within the rules. The fact that we honour the Brownlow as one of our society's great ceremonies reinforces our belief that the game must be above eye-gouging, pissing-on-windows-type-talented-bastards. It must applaude the one who firstly plays the ball and secondly plays the best.
My gripe is that numbers, statistics seem to dominate and this makes it hard for non-midfielders. Perhaps umpires see themselves in the midfielders - running after the ball all day, and its narcissistic?

What is even more unfair is that a player can't (or at least very rarely) get BOG if they are in a losing team. I blame this on the media who adhere to this philosophy religiously when giving their votes. Often quoting the line, 'he was the difference between winning or losing, so for mine it must be....'

Bobby Skilton won 3 Brownlows because he was the best player in the competition. Unfortunately for him he played in only one finals game in his entire career. Under todays voting scheme he wouldn't go close.

cinder
21-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Lucky duck! Where abouts did you sit? anyone well known on your table? I assume they put the rest of the tables towards the back?

Hehe, you guessed right! We were towards the back but that didn't stop me wandering around and checking everything out. Just unknowns like ourselves on our table ;)

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Hehe, you guessed right! We were towards the back but that didn't stop me wandering around and checking everything out. Just unknowns like ourselves on our table ;)

Awesome. Would have been a great night, good work. Oh and any behind the scenes stuff you can tell us, any drunk larikans? ;)

cinder
21-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Awesome. Would have been a great night, good work. Oh and any behind the scenes stuff you can tell us, any drunk larikans? ;)

Cheers!

You know everyone was unfortunately very respectfully behaved. I blame Fev, as there were no spirits served this year!!

I thought a real highlight was Jim Stynes, managed to get a pic with him too.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_YOlzNK422ls/TJf--ukG1zI/AAAAAAAACnw/M9VFINQZqio/s912/P9200017.JPG

Told him he was a real hero.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 12:26 PM
You lucky girl Cinder!! You looked lovely, and all those photos with Bulldogs players/coach - fantastic!! :)

Was Johnno there? I thought captains automatically got an invite? :confused:

OLD SCRAGGer
21-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Matty Boyd 20 Brownlow votes!! To those on here who were asking for him to be traded..just one thing to say to you...MUPPETS!!!!!! Well done Boydy, Captain 2011 (IMHO)

bornadog
21-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Matty Boyd 20 Brownlow votes!! To those on here who were asking for him to be traded..just one thing to say to you...MUPPETS!!!!!! Well done Boydy, Captain 2011 (IMHO)

Yep, picked him as our top vote getter and he should take out the Sutton .

1eyedog
21-09-2010, 12:44 PM

I don't put any stake in the umpires award at all, sorry. Speak to most players and they want to be voted best player by their peers (MVP) or even the coaches award.

The Brownlow medal is highly sought after as it has tradition and bling, but the players realise that a bunch of real MUPPETS are the ones that write the votes.

cinder
21-09-2010, 12:54 PM
You lucky girl Cinder!! You looked lovely, and all those photos with Bulldogs players/coach - fantastic!! :)

Was Johnno there? I thought captains automatically got an invite? :confused:

Thank you so much! No he wasn't, which was odd since his name was in the booklet thing as being invited. I should have asked Rocket. Disappointing that!

Sockeye Salmon
21-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Has anyone noticed that Cross, Lake, Eade, Griffen and Cooney's wives all look the same?

Footballers all hook up with gorgeous blondes.

:D
Looking good, Cinder

EasternWest
21-09-2010, 12:56 PM

Who's that hot chick with all our players :p?

I like that the players all look happy to be in pics with you. Whether it's true or not, it reinforces my belief that they seem to be a good bunch of guys.

I think that's the most relaxed I've ever seen Grifftember look.

comrade
21-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Anyone got the annual Brownlow powerpoint?

Desipura
21-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Poor execution PWebb

Sockeye Salmon
21-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Anyone got the annual Brownlow powerpoint?

pm me your email address

Mantis
21-09-2010, 01:05 PM

In 4 of our last 6 games here is a run down of how Matty performed:

rd 20 - opponent Geelong - plays on Ablett who is B.O.G
rd 21 - opponent Sydney - plays on Jack who is close to B.O.G
QF - opponent Coll - plays on Swan in first half who is close to B.O.G, Picken has to go to Swan in 2nd half, but struggles.
PF - opponent St.kilda - plays on Hayes in first half who is clearly St.kilda's best player, Picken plays on Hayes in 2nd half and does a very good job. Picken's original opponent gets off the leash in 2nd half.

Boyd has shown that he is a very good ball winner, but his defensive abilities against very good players from very good teams is very poor.... It needs to improve!!

chef
21-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Thank you so much! No he wasn't, which was off since his name was in the booklet thing as being invited. I should have asked Rocket. Disappointing that!

Apparently Johnno and Eago were in fine form yesterday on mad Monday so he probably wasn't in a state to attend.

Greystache
21-09-2010, 01:25 PM
In 4 of our last 6 games here is a run down of how Matty performed:

rd 20 - opponent Geelong - plays on Ablett who is B.O.G
rd 21 - opponent Sydney - plays on Jack who is close to B.O.G
QF - opponent Coll - plays on Swan in first half who is close to B.O.G, Picken has to go to Swan in 2nd half, but struggles.
PF - opponent St.kilda - plays on Hayes in first half who is clearly St.kilda's best player, Picken plays on Hayes in 2nd half and does a very good job. Picken's original opponent gets off the leash in 2nd half.

Boyd has shown that he is a very good ball winner, but his defensive abilities against very good players from very good teams is very poor.... It needs to improve!!

Add in the goals against-

Ablett- 3
Jack-2
Swan- 3

Boyd- 1 goal combined.

It's like praising Brian Lake for getting 28 possession and taking 15 marks but ignoring the fact his direct opponent kicked 8 goals on him. The team won't win if you aren't accountable!

BornInDroopSt'54
21-09-2010, 01:50 PM
What is even more unfair is that a player can't (or at least very rarely) get BOG if they are in a losing team. I blame this on the media who adhere to this philosophy religiously when giving their votes. Often quoting the line, 'he was the difference between winning or losing, so for mine it must be....'

Bobby Skilton won 3 Brownlows because he was the best player in the competition. Unfortunately for him he played in only one finals game in his entire career. Under todays voting scheme he wouldn't go close.

Agreed, whether the team wins or loses should matter little to an individual award. The umps also don't seem to weigh up if the opponent plays well or not.
However its a great event and award and it takes a great player to win it.
The Bulldogs by the bye have had more than their share of winners, the second most on 10, Swans first with 14.

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Apparently Johnno and Eago were in fine form yesterday on mad Monday so he probably wasn't in a state to attend.

Good on them!! :D

Chicago1
21-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Fantastic pics, Cinder. You scrub up well! You look better than most of the stars at the Oscars. :p

Glad to hear Matty polled so well. One of the nicest players that I met. He and Crossy were my favourites this year.

cinder
21-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Has anyone noticed that Cross, Lake, Eade, Griffen and Cooney's wives all look the same?

Looking good, Cinder

Aha! Thanks ... amazing what can be done via a professional hair/make-up person :D

Stefcep
21-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Agreed, whether the team wins or loses should matter little to an individual award. The umps also don't seem to weigh up if the opponent plays well or not.
However its a great event and award and it takes a great player to win it.
The Bulldogs by the bye have had more than their share of winners, the second most on 10, Swans first with 14.

Thats becaues we've often had a champion player eg Templeton inside average-good teams-no-one to steal votes off him.

Stefcep
21-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Looking good, Cinder

Interviewer to England soccer player Peter Crouch:"What would you be if not a footballer"

Peter Crouch:"A virgin"

cinder
21-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Fantastic pics, Cinder. You scrub up well! You look better than most of the stars at the Oscars. :p

Glad to hear Matty polled so well. One of the nicest players that I met. He and Crossy were my favourites this year.

Lol, nice of you to say that.

I also like this one with Gazza texting his GC cronies in the background (hehehe)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_YOlzNK422ls/TJgq7uoL5CI/AAAAAAAACoM/FFsSrd2byXo/s912/P9200030.JPG

I am also glad Boydy polled well. He took off nearly straight away after so no chance to get his pic. Plus his WAG was with him the entire night and it would have been kind of awkward to ask for a pic (not that it stopped me with any of the others!)

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 03:03 PM
I also like this one with Gazza texting his GC cronies in the background (hehehe)

Haha! It was prob something along the lines of 'Hey Guy didnt win it, its ok, ill do what juddy did and win one with you, send the chopper asap.'

cinder
21-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Haha! It was prob something along the lines of 'Hey Guy didnt win it, its ok, ill do what juddy did and win one with you, send the chopper asap.'

Most likely!

Rocco Jones
21-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Great work cinder!

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 04:32 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS

Matthew Boyd 20
Barry Hall 11
Mitch Hahn 2
Shaun Higgins 1

So Liam Picken or Ben Hudson didn't even get ONE vote?? DISGRACEFUL!! :eek:

Greystache
21-09-2010, 04:38 PM

The Brownlow is all just about how many possessions the big name media stars get, Hudson and Picken didn't stand a chance.

bornadog
21-09-2010, 04:51 PM
The Brownlow is all just about how many possessions the big name media stars get, Hudson and Picken didn't stand a chance.

or players like Morris, its a joke.

Sockeye Salmon
21-09-2010, 05:29 PM

Or Murphy

Hotdog60
21-09-2010, 09:01 PM
After Judd won I was thinking that the AFL need to change the voting system.

My proposal would be to get 3 or 4 reserve grade umpires and sit them in a box at the grounds and take the votes, this would relieve the field umpires from the job and the voting umpires can also use it as a learning process by studying the senior umpires.

The voting umpires would get a better feel by seeing the overall play rather than a baldy standout right in front of them.

AndrewP6
21-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Great pics Cinder...

BornInDroopSt'54
22-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Thats becaues we've often had a champion player eg Templeton inside average-good teams-no-one to steal votes off him.

Yeah, we've produced some champs despite having some ordinary teams. I wonder how often our teams were ordinary because we off loaded good players to stay alive, like we did with Tom Alvin.

The Coon Dog
22-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, we've produced some champs despite having some ordinary teams. I wonder how often our teams were ordinary because we off loaded good players to stay alive, like we did with Tom Alvin.

Can someone please explain to me how Carlton ended up with Tom Alvin.
I have never heard of us clearing him there & always felt it was another Carlton rort, but would just like to know how he fact got there.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Can someone please explain to me how Carlton ended up with Tom Alvin.
I have never heard of us clearing him there & always felt it was another Carlton rort, but would just like to know how he fact got there.

All I know is that I got a letter from the club before the season started saying how we'd recruited a gun, called Tom Alvin from our La Trobe region. When the season started he was playing for Carlton. I presumed we'd traded our future to pay for our past and present debts, to stay afloat. We must have been bordering on insolvency for much of our history and we traded the only real assets we had - players.

Doggy
24-09-2010, 06:45 PM

So where were Aker's votes:D

Greystache
24-09-2010, 10:34 PM
So where were Aker's votes:D

6 possesions aren't enough to get you votes no matter how big a name you are... Except maybe Judd!

LostDoggy
24-09-2010, 10:38 PM

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YOlzNK422ls/TJf-ciiRyvI/AAAAAAAACnk/OjhkQsZOOSI/s912/P9200028.JPG

haha, are Griff's eyes always like that?

cinder
25-09-2010, 02:01 PM

A bit close together you mean! Hahahaha ;)

The Coon Dog
25-09-2010, 02:06 PM
A bit close together you mean! Hahahaha ;)

That's why the players often refer to him as Cyclops.

EasternWest
25-09-2010, 03:23 PM
That's why the players often refer to him as Cyclops.

Or Leela.

cinder
25-09-2010, 04:48 PM
or leela.

haha!

AndrewP6
25-09-2010, 07:42 PM

Jeez, I've never even noticed that... hahahahahahahahaha...