Brad Johnson
Johnno: Bulldog Through and Through
Book Signing Venue
Book and Paper Williamstown
20 Ferguson Street
Willliamstown

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Great, thanks for the post. I was going to goto the Friday signing, but the Kennel is closer and at least some of the money is going back to the club :D

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the information!! Looks like I'll be heading over the bridge to Williamstown, as work gets in the way during the week. :)

cinder
21-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Dammit! I'm going to be on holiday!

Axe Man
21-09-2010, 03:56 PM
There are more signings on Saturday 9th of October at Yarraville, Werribee & Highpoint, more info here:

http://www.penguin.com.au/events/vic

LostDoggy
21-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Did anyone else hear Johnno on the radio today talking about his book and career? I caught the end of it, it was on 774 about 11.00 a.m. He was on for about half an hour I guess, so I would think pretty good coverage to promote the book.

cinder
21-09-2010, 08:08 PM
There are more signings on Saturday 9th of October at Yarraville, Werribee & Highpoint, more info here:

Excellent, thank you!

LostDoggy
28-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I wonder if Johnno is still doing his book signings on Saturday in Williamstown & at Watergardens? He might be needed at Channel 7. :D

LostDoggy
28-09-2010, 01:32 PM

Cheers - Thursday 12.30 im there!

LostDoggy
28-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Im deffinately in for the Friday session in the city!

LostDoggy
28-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Im deffinately in for the Friday session in the city!

Me too - might see you there!! :)

OLD SCRAGGer
28-09-2010, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=Curly5;181375]Anyone wanting a signed copy, here are the venues:

Just found this on the Penguin Books site

Thursday the 30th at 12:30PM & 3.00PM
Brad Johnson
Book Signing Venue The Bulldogs Shop
417 Barkly St West Footscray

Web site says Brad will be at BULLDOG SHOP at 3pm, so I rang clun to make sure it wasn't just a typo, and he will ONLY be at shop at 3pm not at the earlier time of 12:30, just in case some of you were planning on being there for 12:30 signing:)

LostDoggy
28-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Me too - might see you there!! :)

I'll be there with my WOOF Scarf :D

[QUOTE=Curly5;181375]Anyone wanting a signed copy, here are the venues:

Just found this on the Penguin Books site

Brad Johnson

Web site says Brad will be at BULLDOG SHOP at 3pm, so I rang clun to make sure it wasn't just a typo, and he will ONLY be at shop at 3pm not at the earlier time of 12:30, just in case some of you were planning on being there for 12:30 signing:)

Thanks for letting everyone know!

LostDoggy
29-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the information OLD SCRAGGer. :)

I'll wear my WOOF scarf too B-RadBulldog!! :D

AndrewP6
29-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Had a look at Angus and Robertson today for Johnno's book - curiously it wasn't to be found, but I did see a book entitled "My Son The Footballer" (pretty sure that was it). A book apparently written to inspire kids to achieve, written by Michelle "Mother Of Judas" Brown.

Needless to say, I didn't buy it.

LostDoggy
30-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Anyone wanting a signed copy, here are the venues:
Brad Johnson

I went down at 12.30, picked the book up but no sign of johnno. So going back at 3pm he'll be there then.

Curly5
30-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I went down at 12.30, picked the book up but no sign of johnno. So going back at 3pm he'll be there then.

Sorry, but please see the post by Old Scragger above, amending the earlier information. Good luck.

LostDoggy
30-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Sorry, but please see the post by Old Scragger above, amending the earlier information. Good luck.

Haha woops totally missed that post. Oh well it its ok to go back when you live down the road :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
30-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Looking forward to going into town tomorrow to buy Johnno's book & get it signed by the wonderful man. :D

LostDoggy
30-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Went down there today at 3pm. Out at 3.45pm. Book is $32.95 btw.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Edgecutiona/IMG_0295.jpg

Prob 60 odd in front of me, and ended being maybe 20-30 behind me.

Johnno was a gentleman as always, offering to have photos or sign extra pieces etc all with a big grin on his face :D

Got to ask him a question of who he thinks should wear #6 Mentioned Wood or Picken, asked me and I said Cal Ward but with #14 already not likely. Gunna miss this bloke!

Finished Product

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Edgecutiona/IMG_0298.jpg

EasternWest
30-09-2010, 07:45 PM
He's more stupid than I thought. Can't even spell Alexxx ;).

LostDoggy
01-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Went down to the CBD A&R store at Bourke and Elizabeth. Not many fans there, but given it was the CBD at lunch time not surprising. Noticed a few Collingwood fans getting the book signed, and they patted him on the back and said how much they loved watching him play even though they're Pies fans.

Some bloke made him a “Johnno” scarf, I asked Johnno about it and he said the guy does it for all retired 300 gamers — Westy, Granty, Bubba, they all got one.

Here's me and Johnno:

http://gallery.me.com/simplicitywebdesign/100004/johnno%20photo/web.jpg?ver=12859153540001

He was incredibly polite and accommodating to everybody. Even my mate Joel, who took this blurry shot (Carlton fans can't do anything right) started giving him a bit of lip about his achilles, but he was smiling and cheerful and took it all with a grain of salt and had a good laugh.

100% nice bloke. Nicest guy in football by a long, long way. Now I just can't wait to get home and read the book…

cinder
01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Nice work BornAScragger, and everyone else. We're in holiday in QLD but will get to one of the other signings. Can't wait to meet Brad!

jazzadogs
01-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Bought mine today so that I can take it to the B&F and get it signed if I get the chance. Looking forward to read it...cheaper at Big W by the way, got it for $24.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
04-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Bought mine at the Bulldog shop ($32.95 ea) - Johnno was there for over an hour signing copies but still smiling. Saw Josh Hill behind the counter (?)

LostDoggy
04-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Bought mine at the Bulldog shop ($32.95 ea) - Johnno was there for over an hour signing copies but still smiling. Saw Josh Hill behind the counter (?)

Yep - saw that too you must have been there last Thursday? Josh was buying a Guernsey & someone behind the counter asked if he wanted it signed by Johnno, which he said no to. :cool: Maybe he was buying one to frame as he's played his last game ;)

LostDoggy
04-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Also went in to the city on Friday. Johnno was just lovely, signed books & got photos with just about everyone. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Edgecutiona/suz32.jpg

PS: My Mum is also a Carlton supporter, but somehow managed to take a good photo!! ;)

PPS: Thanks for the help with uploading this photo Alexxx. :)

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
04-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Yes it was Thursday - perhaps he was getting a souvenir to take back to WA

cinder
06-10-2010, 05:18 PM
The details on the link from page 1 (Penguin site) are gone now, so is it this Sat he is going to be at Highpoint?

cinder
06-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Brad Johnson

Come and meet Western Bulldogs great, Brad Johnson. Brad will be in-store signing copies of his book Johnno: Bulldog Through and Through.

Where: Borders Highpoint
When: Saturday 9th October
Time: 2:00pm

Guess I am braving the hoardes at HP on a Saturday then!!

LostDoggy
06-10-2010, 05:24 PM
The details on the link from page 1 (Penguin site) are gone now, so is it this Sat he is going to be at Highpoint?

Sorry Cinder, I googled but couldn't find anything. I was sure he was doing some signings this weekend, just can't remember where. :(

PS: I see you've found it!! Good luck braving the hoardes. :D

LostDoggy
07-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Brad will also be appearing at the Sun Bookshop in Yarraville this weekend...not sure Sat/Sun...have a nice breakie across the road at the Cornershop and pop across when the crowd thins a litttle!!

LostDoggy
07-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Brad will also be appearing at the Sun Bookshop in Yarraville this weekend...not sure Sat/Sun...have a nice breakie across the road at the Cornershop and pop across when the crowd thins a litttle!!

Good breakfast around Yarraville!

LostDoggy
07-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I think he is at Werribee Plaza Collins Bookshop - Sat at 11am - will try to confirm tomorrow with the bookshop and let everyone know.

cinder
07-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I think he is at Werribee Plaza Collins Bookshop - Sat at 11am - will try to confirm tomorrow with the bookshop and let everyone know.

Thanks, could be a better option than HP!

Axe Man
07-10-2010, 12:54 PM

Info on this appearance here: http://www.sunbookshop.com/

It's on Saturday 9th October at 9:30am

Axe Man
07-10-2010, 12:58 PM

11:30am to 12:30pm according to their facebook page.

LostDoggy
08-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Picked up the book today for my Dad, going to get it signed by Johno tomorrow & then surprise him with it :)

cinder
09-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm going to HP to get it signed, wonder how packed it'll be there!

LostDoggy
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Went to Werribee Plaza this morning, he started signing at 11:10 & i got there at 10:30, there was already a massive line.

Spoke to him briefly & then got a photo taken with the family, great morning.

P.S I think i spotted TCD in Rebel Sport :)

The Coon Dog
09-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Went to Werribee Plaza this morning, he started signing at 11:10 & i got there at 10:30, there was already a massive line.

Spoke to him briefly & then got a photo taken with the family, great morning.

P.S I think i spotted TCD in Rebel Sport :)

You did!

TCP needed a new cricket bat.

LostDoggy
09-10-2010, 05:22 PM
You did!

TCP needed a new cricket bat.

Glad to hear you are obviously well now TCD?

cinder
09-10-2010, 05:51 PM
There was a massive line at HP too, but worth it!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_YOlzNK422ls/TLAClypsDJI/AAAAAAAACpE/33wWDfCP6TI/s912/P1060398.JPG

The Coon Dog
09-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Glad to hear you are obviously well now TCD?

Not as well as I'd like to be. Out of hospital, but still very week & being driven mad by the cough.

cinder
09-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Not as well as I'd like to be. Out of hospital, but still very week & being driven mad by the cough.

What happened?

The Coon Dog
09-10-2010, 11:25 PM
What happened?

Thought I had the flu, turned out it was pneumonia.

cinder
10-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Thought I had the flu, turned out it was pneumonia.

Nasty. Hope you get well soon. The cough is always the last thing to shake off!

chef
10-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Got my copy signed by Johnno on Friday at Target in the Burke St mall. It also happened to be my birthday, very happy:):):):).

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
11-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Finished reading Johnno yesterday - it was really interesting without his having to slag off at anyone.

BulldogBelle
12-10-2010, 07:23 PM
A gem of a person from BF got me a signed copy and it is one of my very fave Bulldogs items.
It was very spooky - I sent him a bit extra to make sure it covered the postage, and he sent me back a $5 note change stuck next to p54 :)
I checked the serial number and it was 'EJ.........'

strebla
13-10-2010, 03:00 PM
My youngest went to werribee with his girl and lined up for nearly an hour to get me a signed copy for
x-mas but he couldn't wait so I already have it they also got a nice pic.

LostDoggy
14-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Info on this appearance here: http://www.sunbookshop.com/

It's on Saturday 9th October at 9:30am

Missed it....coaching the under 15's at my cricket club. Now theres a fun way to spend a Saturday Morning!!:rolleyes: Birthday in a week or so, might get lucky, might get the book as well!!

GetDimmaBack
17-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Can someone tell me when he's doing signings in Warragul? ;)

Axe Man
22-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Can someone tell me when he's doing signings in Warragul? ;)

That would have been nice, although I reckon there would be about 3 people there, not many Doggies supporters around these parts. At least I know of one more now!

I had to make the long trek to Highpoint to get my copy signed plus one for my old man. Had never been there before but luckily just happened to park in the right place and walk in near where the signing was.

KT31
23-10-2010, 12:37 AM
:D
That would have been nice, although I reckon there would be about 3 people there, not many Doggies supporters around these parts. At least I know of one more now!

I had to make the long trek to Highpoint to get my copy signed plus one for my old man. Had never been there before but luckily just happened to park in the right place and walk in near where the signing was.

Was the car in the same spot when you returned ?

Axe Man
27-10-2010, 01:22 PM
:D

Was the car in the same spot when you returned ?

Yeah, once somebody knocked off the wheels it too hard to steal I guess.

AndrewP6
06-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Picked it up last night...interestingly, it was $21 .... vs Aker's book at $24

LostDoggy
18-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Looks like lots of people have bought the book but I couldn't find any reviews.

Well I just finished the book this morning and whilst I enjoyed the read, I did find myself wanting more than it was able to provide.

The one part of the book I did find perplexing was the paragraph on the last game against West Coast at the Whitten Oval and I quote;

"Eagles ruckman Michael Gardiner memorably tried to to rough up the opposition prior to the first bounce, inciting the 26,704 who packed the venue, but it was the dogs who got the first jump"

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it us that roughed up Michael Gardiner in only his 5th or 6th game?? Didn't Kretiuk, Southern and Ellis try to intimidate him before the first bounce?

In a further paragraph.......... "Brad Johnson has a simple memory of this contest, which relates to both the weather and the result. 'A perfect September day' "

This is also far from accurate as I clearly remember not being able to hold my ice cold can of VB because it was so bloody cold. I can accept it as a simply analogy of a winning game, but in the context of the previous quote I questioned it.

Is it simply a tongue in check review of the day, An oversight by the biographer, James Weston and Brad or ????

Although it didn't affect my enjoyment of the book, it did leave me questioning the books account of stories and situations that I was not familiar with.

Did this or anything else stand out to anyone else who read the book?

If you havn't read it, the copy I have is from the Footscray Library and it will be returned this weekend if you want to read it:)

KT31
18-01-2011, 11:56 AM
The one part of the book I did find perplexing was the paragraph on the last game against West Coast at the Whitten Oval and I quote;

"Eagles ruckman Michael Gardiner memorably tried to to rough up the opposition prior to the first bounce, inciting the 26,704 who packed the venue, but it was the dogs who got the first jump"

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it us that roughed up Michael Gardiner in only his 5th or 6th game?? Didn't Kretiuk, Southern and Ellis try to intimidate him before the first bounce?

Correct it was us that roughed up Gardiner.

In a further paragraph.......... "Brad Johnson has a simple memory of this contest, which relates to both the weather and the result. 'A perfect September day' "

It was in August, it was freezing and we had a drop of rain.
The brides all left (mine 5 months pregnant) and went to the Buck at half time because it was so cold and wet.
Lioness is still upset she is not in the last siren picture.

soupman
18-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Got the book for Christmas and whilst it does cover a lot it isn't so much a Brad Johnson book as a book about the bulldogs with a focus on Johnno.

It was an ok read, but there wasn't really anything in it that was particularly interesting or previously unknown. I'm always more curious about things at the club you rarely hear about, relationships between players, funny stories, club legends etc. and while the book had bits of these, I would have liked more.