PDA

View Full Version : Grand Final Poll

Ozza
22-09-2010, 10:12 AM
We have the 'Choose your poison' thread - but I thought I'd throw up (not spew up - although the wording is apt) a poll of who your preference to win the flag is.

Obviously - with it being Collingwood & St.Kilda....any support will be under duress....but it will be human nature to follow one rather than the other on Saturday...so who is it?

LostDoggy
22-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Where's the 'Neither' option? :D

Ozza
22-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Where's the 'Neither' option? :D

Hahaha, no neither option Suz....as I said - obviously under duress - but surely you lean ever so slightly more to one than the other...or at least will 'lean' to one on the day.

LostDoggy
22-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Hahaha, no neither option Suz....as I said - obviously under duress - but surely you lean ever so slightly more to one than the other...or at least will 'lean' to one on the day.

At the moment I hate both teams equally, but I'm sure on the day I'll 'lean' toward one of them when the game starts and the champagne kicks in. ;)

BulldogBelle
22-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Collingwood because I can't see them dropping off much next year, so hopefully the hangover will be massive. We can beat the saints with better late season management

KT31
22-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Where is the "Who gives a rats clacker, it's not the Bulldogs" option.:p

LostDoggy
22-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Yep - need the 'Id rather have no grand final this week' option..

I am hopefully going to be very intoxicated by half time to kill any thoughts that Collingwood might win the cup.

OLD SCRAGGer
22-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I going with Collingwood, ONLY because I REALLY, REALLY HATE the Saints, and I don't want them to make it 2 flags before we do

mighty_west
22-09-2010, 01:32 PM
I want to see the "hope they both knock ther living dayights out of each other in the mother of all GF brawls, and see Tip Rat knocked out" option, then may the best side after that win.

I hate the Saints, yet i know plenty of Pies supporters who have literally given me crap, tough call, nah, probably go with Pies, a one point loss to the Aints would be priceless.

Sedat
22-09-2010, 01:57 PM
I want to see the "hope they both knock ther living dayights out of each other in the mother of all GF brawls, and see Tip Rat knocked out" option, then may the best side after that win.
Unfortunately he'd still end up with a premiership medal under that scenario. I'd rather see him freeze up on the big stage yet again and cost his team a GF, just like 2009.

Having said that, it would be extremely tempting to hope to see Fat Eddie's sour melon from the Brownlow return again on Saturday night, not to mention seeing Joffa with his arms folded and an expression of death on his face watching the dream go up in smoke. Would also like to see Harry O forced to read the sheer mindless stupidity of his own 'tweets' as punishment for losing the GF.

The 3rd option should read "winning team has their premiership stripped because of salary cap breaches, and 2010 premiership is declared null and void"

Greystache
22-09-2010, 02:17 PM
What a choice, it’s kind of like your Doctor walking in the room and saying “you can choose between Syphilis or a vicious strain of herpes but you have to choose one”

I suppose the only tolerable option would be The Aints getting over the line by a point from a shocking umpiring decision on the wing just as the siren went, Didak arguing with the umpire and giving away 50m, then Clint Jones (the only player from St Kilda I don’t hate with a passion) drilling a torpedo from 60m after the siren. Of course Nick Riewoldt won’t be able to lift up the trophy because he was badly concussed in the opening minutes and will need to spend the next 3 night in hospital for observation and thus missing the presentation and all the accompanying celebrations.

Of course then as Sedat brought up, they will later have the premiership stripped for salary cap breaches and no premiership will be officially awarded for 2010.

If I was to bet on this outcome I wonder what my odd would be, and why wasn't this one of the poll options!!

mighty_west
22-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Unfortunately he'd still end up with a premiership medal under that scenario. I'd rather see him freeze up on the big stage yet again and cost his team a GF, just like 2009.

Having said that, it would be extremely tempting to hope to see Fat Eddie's sour melon from the Brownlow return again on Saturday night, not to mention seeing Joffa with his arms folded and an expression of death on his face watching the dream go up in smoke. Would also like to see Harry O forced to read the sheer mindless stupidity of his own 'tweets' as punishment for losing the GF.

The 3rd option should read "winning team has their premiership stripped because of salary cap breaches, and 2010 premiership is declared null and void"

What if Milney was knocked out in the opening minutes to the point of having no clue what so ever until the next day? However if the Aints got knocked off by a point, he'd also miss out on that heartbreak, so i take that back...:p

I actually don't mind Eddie, any Pres that goes into bat for his own club as much as he does, can't fault that, however that face he pulled the other night when Swan lost the Brownlow was priceless.

Ozza
22-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Collingwood polling at 72% of the vote early in the piece is a little surprising.
May be a combination of WOOFers disliking "muck football" aka 'saints footy' - and them beating the Dogs in the PF 2 years running.....or maybe its just a Milney/St.Sook thing...

Ozza
22-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Collingwood polling at 72% of the vote early in the piece is a little surprising.
May be a combination of WOOFers disliking "muck football" aka 'saints footy' - and them beating the Dogs in the PF 2 years running.....or maybe its just a Milney/St.Sook thing...

mighty_west
22-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Might also have to do with a certain a-hole as their coach.

Flamethrower
22-09-2010, 07:51 PM
What a choice, it’s kind of like your Doctor walking in the room and saying “you can choose between Syphilis or a vicious strain of herpes but you have to choose one”

I suppose the only tolerable option would be The Aints getting over the line by a point from a shocking umpiring decision on the wing just as the siren went, Didak arguing with the umpire and giving away 50m, then Clint Jones (the only player from St Kilda I don’t hate with a passion) drilling a torpedo from 60m after the siren. Of course Nick Riewoldt won’t be able to lift up the trophy because he was badly concussed in the opening minutes and will need to spend the next 3 night in hospital for observation and thus missing the presentation and all the accompanying celebrations.

Of course then as Sedat brought up, they will later have the premiership stripped for salary cap breaches and no premiership will be officially awarded for 2010.

If I was to bet on this outcome I wonder what my odd would be, and why wasn't this one of the poll options!!

You can treat Syphilis with penicillin. Once you have Herpes Simplex you have it for life, as it gets into nerve cells and is dormant until there is something (such as stress) that triggers a symptomatic response.

As for the poll, you have to go for the team that deserves to win especially after the way they dismantled the champions on Friday night.....Collingwood for premiers in 2010.

comrade
22-09-2010, 08:33 PM
You can treat Syphilis with penicillin. Once you have Herpes Simplex you have it for life, as it gets into nerve cells and is dormant until there is something (such as stress) that triggers a symptomatic response.

That's where you say "Not that I've ever had it"

:D

BulldogBelle
22-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm definitely going for Collingwood, I hope they absolutely destroy St Kilda, I so hate that team and have for many years!

The Coon Dog
22-09-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm definitely going for Collingwood, I hope they absolutely destroy St Kilda, I so hate that team and have for many years!

I hear ya!

LostDoggy
22-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Collingwood. I know I should feel bad about cheering for them, but I just hate St Kilda too much.

LostDoggy
24-09-2010, 09:48 AM

It both these things, and perhaps more! "...........I can forgive, but I don't forget!":D

LostDoggy
25-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I've avoided all things footy this week. Had to go to the shops this morning and seeing all Pies/Saints colours everywhere was pretty unpleasant. This thread has cheered me up - misery loves company I guess. Can't believe I would rather Collingwood win, but I do. Bit like ripping off an old bandaid - just get it over with. My growing dislike for St Kilda hit its peak last Saturday night.

LostDoggy
28-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Before Saturdays game I wasn't barracking for anyone. After half time and a few glasses of bubbly, I started barracking for St Kilda. :eek:

Will probably barrack for them from the start of this weeks game. :o

KT31
28-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Before Saturdays game I wasn't barracking for anyone. After half time and a few glasses of bubbly, I started barracking for St Kilda. :eek:

Will probably barrack for them from the start of this weeks game. :o

We call this the 'Monty', where you leave your club for a short while , win a flag then return home to support your own club.:D

LostDoggy
28-09-2010, 02:13 PM
We call this the 'Monty', where you leave your club for a short while , win a flag then return home to support your own club.:D

Love it!! :D