PDA

View Full Version : Jealous

w3design
25-09-2010, 01:31 PM
So another year gone by. Another bulldog champ retires, universally admired but without the premiership medal he so richly deserves.

At work, maintain fake good cheer in wishing other supporters well. Grit teeth seeing the joy of fans who have just been to see the gf parade. Try to be gracious as I see little kids around the western suburbs decked out in their paraphernalia and remember how many times my own kids have left a game in tears. Not to mention me:(

So while the party pies are heating up in the oven I would like to share with fellow woofers that I am jealous as hell today and struggling not to be bitter and twisted. By next march the usual blind optimism will probably be back (mitch and libber look great don't they etc etc).

But right now i just wish we could experience the euphoria, the nerves, even the heartbreak, of being in a granny.

Now I think the party pies are burning..

comrade
25-09-2010, 01:50 PM
I just saw Mitch Wallis hold up the premiership cup and it was awesome.

He'll do it again one day in the Red, White and Blue.

DOG GOD
25-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Totally agree remember54. As another year passes and another year i grow older, i too wonder when i (and other supporters) will get to feel the build up, the euphoria and the nerves of the big day. I still long on to the hope that 1 day we all will feel that, and the feeling of winning a premiership.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I definitely lose interest in each passing Grand Final the longer we're not in it. It's a shame, it's a great day, but it's tough to enjoy when you keep wishing :(

mighty_west
25-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I just saw Mitch Wallis hold up the premiership cup and it was awesome.

He'll do it again one day in the Red, White and Blue.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2240/p1011031t.jpg

ledge
25-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Seems a strange photo, not in their footy jumpers.

w3design
25-09-2010, 02:48 PM
That has brought a (small) smile to my face. We just have to keep believing.

comrade
25-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Great work, MW.

It was nice seeing Johnno and Eagleton doing the lap together, with their kids decked out in Bulldogs gear.

G-Mo77
25-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Great work, MW.

It was nice seeing Johnno and Eagleton doing the lap together, with their kids decked out in Bulldogs gear.

Nipped out for a toilet break and missed that completely. The only one I saw was Aker and Carr. I felt sorry for Josh.

LostDoggy
25-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I know how you feel and I went and searched for a post that put up after the 2008 GF between Hawthorn and Geelong.

Why I hate GF Day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I have just seen Hawthorn play in another Grand Final which they won.

I gotta say, after barracking for the Bulldogs all my life, I am sick and tired of seeing everyone elses teams playing on Grand Final Day. Christ it must be nice to be part of GF week.

I was sitting here tonight, once again contemplating whether I would ever see the Bulldogs play in a GF and realised that every team in the AFL (except Fremantle) had played in a Grand Final since 1980 .... except for the Bulldogs who have waited since 1961 ... when Hawthorn won their first flag.

Since that year, Hawthorn have played in 14 Grand Finals and won 9 premierships.

I really do hate GF day each year because all I want is for my team to be part of it.

Hawthrorn people do not realise just how lucky they are. I was at a party today with several Hawks fans but not one of them were actual members. This really pisses me off as I have been a loyal and fully paid memeber of the Bulldogs for years but have not received anywhere near to rewards that Hawthorn supporters have been given.

Football is very unjust!

I dont feel any much better having seen another two GF's without the Bulldogs participating. I just wish our club would bite the bullet like Mick Malthouse did and get rid of the soft ones, the favourites, ther one that cant take us to the ultimate, and play young players .... even trade for some hard fast young players.

Wonder if we will ever see the Bulldogs play on Grand Final day?

OLD SCRAGGer
25-09-2010, 04:49 PM
The Boys better hurry up and win the Premiership! My skin is beginning to become TOO WRINKLED for my Tattoo:D:D (No comment from you TCD ;) )

Chicago1
25-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Watching the live broadcast here on ESPN2, but feeling kind of meh. Two months ago I had planned on being at the MCG right now watching the Doggies. But here I am at home 10000 miles away yet again watching other teams play for the Premiership. I'll be glad I'm here if Collingwood wins. I was at the MCG in 1990 when Collingwood won. That was one of the saddest days I ever had in my 25 years in Australia. Oh well, my home made sausage rolls are OK. :p

LostDoggy
25-09-2010, 04:51 PM
What time is it over there Chicago?

Chicago1
25-09-2010, 04:58 PM
It's just on 1am. Match was delayed on ESPN2(TV) until the start of the second quarter due to their commitment to a big soccer match (LA vs NY) which ended just on midnight. I watched the pre-game stuff and first quarter on a site streaming a feed from an Asian Australia network.

Curly5
25-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Nipped out for a toilet break and missed that completely. The only one I saw was Aker and Carr. I felt sorry for Josh.

I missed the parade as well. :( Hope there will be some photos somewhere. Did Akermememe cop any boos? As you say, poor Josh Carr - he obviously drew the short straw. :D

cinder
25-09-2010, 06:15 PM
OMFG draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago1
25-09-2010, 06:19 PM
:D:D:D I tipped a draw on Lindy Burn's Drive Program on 774ABC Melbourne!:D:D:D

chef
25-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Whoo, another game next week:).

AndrewP6
25-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Given the combatants, and our demise in Week 3, my interest in the big day waned this year. Spent the arvo at Mum's with my nephews, and until the last five minutes, only fleetingly interested. Pies kicked themselves out of it, and should have comfortably won. As a neutral (read: didn't-give-a-shit) observer I thought a draw was hilarious. Of course, if it were my team...

Bought myself a new camera so spending lots of time playing around with that... bring on Trade Week.

LostDoggy
25-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I definitely lose interest in each passing Grand Final the longer we're not in it. It's a shame, it's a great day, but it's tough to enjoy when you keep wishing :(
Is it just me, my interest in the GF has got less each time, only since we have been one week away from it. When we didn't have a hope, I showed a lot more interest, probably partly because I seasson always ended several weeks before the GF.

LostDoggy
25-09-2010, 08:53 PM
The Boys better hurry up and win the Premiership! My skin is beginning to become TOO WRINKLED for my Tattoo:D:D (No comment from you TCD ;) )
I'm with ya Old Scragger, I'm convinced I'll be dead before I see one, all I hope is you get to watch on the big screen, up there, or down there wherever you end up.

Before I Die
26-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Before the game I was asked who I would support and I replied that I sincerely hoped that neither would win. Feeling a little blessed now.
I am now a little more indifferent for next week as both clubs supporters have experienced a little anguish, though far short of our own disappointment. In fact, I am now actually hoping for a Saints win next week. Eddie's arrogance and god complex is enough to tip me over the edge.

ps It would be extra special if the Pies lost after the siren due to an interchange infringement :D

LostDoggy
26-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh No. Not another Saturday I have to get drunk on.
At Least the night before I'll be amongst the Doggy Faithful at the Charlie Sutton.