PDA

View Full Version : List management and the draft.

chef
12-10-2010, 01:56 PM
ATM.

OFF
Aker, Harbrow, Johno, Eago, Boumann, Thorne, Everitt and Callan + Gilbee and Hargrave onto Vet list.

ON
Hooper, Sherman, Veszpremi, Moles, Djerrkura, Liberatore and Wallis.

In the Gun
Hahn, Markovic, Mulligan, Boumann, Stack and Tiller.

At this stage we can take 3 in the ND(inc F/S) and 5 in the RD

Whats every-ones opinion of what we are going to do list wise and how many picks are we going to use in the draft?

*Has Moles been added to the main list as he is no longer a Rookie on the WB website.

G-Mo77
12-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Thorne is gone!

I think Tiller, Stack and Hahn will all be sent packing

bornadog
12-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Moles also came in through the rookie list.

Is Gilbee eligible for the Vets?

At a guess:

Out: Aker, Johno, Eagle, Callan, Stack, Hahn, Boumann (to Rookie), Thorne, Everitt

In: Hooper, Sherman, Moles, Veszpremi, Djerrkura, Liberatore, Wallis. plus two drafts

LostDoggy
12-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Didnt Hahn get another year contract?

chef
12-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Didnt Hahn get another year contract?

Nothing official has come out of the club yet, same with thorne getting delisted.

LostDoggy
12-10-2010, 02:35 PM
TBH i hope not Hughy31. It's high time we got serious about our list management. Hahn has been a loyal servant and got the most out of his ability, but the game has past him (speed and agility-wise). He's not our future.

LostDoggy
12-10-2010, 02:35 PM
ATM.

OFF
Aker, Johno, Eago and Callan. + Gilbee and Hargrave as probable Vets

ON
Hooper, Sherman, Veszpremi, Djerrkura, Liberatore and Wallis.

In the Gun
Thorne, Hahn, Markovic, Mulligan, Boumann, Stack and Tiller.

Obviously we still need to cut a couple more players as we really only have Aker and Callan coming off the list so far as the other two are vets.

Whats every-ones opinion of what we are going to do list wise and how many picks are we going to use in the draft?

*Has Moles been added to the main list as he is no longer a Rookie on the WB website.

Add Everitt to the off list.

chef
12-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Add Everitt to the off list.

chef
13-10-2010, 12:07 PM
At this stage we need to delist two of Hahn, Markovic, Mulligan, Boumann, Stack and Tiller just to fit Liberatore and Wallis onto our list, let alone take anyone else in the draft. With no one eligible to go onto the Vet list(this is right isn't it?) we should be taking 5 Rookies.

Mantis
13-10-2010, 12:18 PM
At this stage we need to delist two of Hahn, Markovic, Mulligan, Boumann, Stack and Tiller just to fit Liberatore and Wallis onto our list, let alone take anyone else in the draft. With no one eligible to go onto the Vet list(this is right isn't it?) we should be taking 5 Rookies.

Incorrect.

Gilbee & Hargrave are eligible for the veterans list.

chef
13-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Please delete.

chef
13-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Ignore above Mantis.

Found this in Desi's helpful thread.

(b) the Player is 30 years of age or older as at 30 September in the relevant AFL Season,

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=5880&highlight=veterans+list+rules

KT31
13-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Incorrect.

Gilbee & Hargrave are eligible for the veterans list.

If it is correct that once on the list you must remain we should consider holding off for Lake to be elligible next season, his salry would be quite considerable more than the two mentioned.

always right
13-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Of these Boumann shows the most potential. I'd like us to perservere with him. Hahn in trouble I'm afraid.

Sedat
13-10-2010, 05:03 PM
In: Hooper, Sherman, Moles, Veszpremi, Djerrkura, Liberatore, Wallis. plus two drafts
How many 'live' selections are we going with? Will determine the fate of 2-3 current players you'd imagine.

LostDoggy
13-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Still missing Harbrow from the Off list,

Makes 7 outs and a possible two veterans listings, for 9 spots and we have 6 ins, so far.

This gives us 3 live picks??

In terms of further culls to the senior list, you would not think that we need all of Boumann, Mulligan, Tiller and Markovic to provide kpd cover, of those you would think that Mulligan still has the least runs on the board, but didn't we put him on a two year contract last year?? I would prefer to keep Boumann based on his form for Williamstown last year and becasue of his speed and height, but have a feeling he is the most likely to go, maybe to the rookie list.

Also as others have posted Mitch Hahn does look to have run out of time and it is difficult to see him finding a place in the side for next year. You also have to wonder if we still need Stack with the addition of Vezpremi and Djerrkura. It will be a shame to lose Stack because he has talent, but it is not like he has lacked for chances.

Assuming we shed Stack, Hahn and one of the defenders mentioned, then we will have seven live picks in the drafts. You would have to think that Brodie Moles might take one spot (I am assuming this needs to happen as his elevation was due to a Long Term Injury Listing), leaving five live picks.

In terms of rookie list you would have to think that Jamason Daniels and Patrick Rose might not have done eneough to stay on, which given the elevation of Hooper and likely elevation of Moles might leave 4 spots. I suspect Boumann may take one leaving us space for three rookie picks.

Bumper Bulldogs
13-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Of these Boumann shows the most potential. I'd like us to perservere with him. Hahn in trouble I'm afraid.

Hahn & Stack for mine will be gone.....Tiller to be a depth player for one more year.

chef
13-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Still missing Harbrow from the Off list.

Thanks, fixed:).

LostDoggy
13-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I think i remember reading in the Herald Sun that Mitch Hahn had signed a one year contract.

anfo27
14-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I think i remember reading in the Herald Sun that Mitch Hahn had signed a one year contract.

I did hear that on the radio as well.

chef
19-10-2010, 05:31 PM
According to Dalrymple we will be having 5 picks in the draft(including the 2 F/S's)

'Now ahead of the Draft that leaves us with our 4th and two 5th round selections which will be a challenge'
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2010/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/104277/default.aspx

By my rough calculations 3 of Tiller, Boumann, Hahn, Markovic and Mulligan will need to go for this to happen.

The Coon Dog
19-10-2010, 05:44 PM
If 'Simon Says' we'll have 3 draft picks, it will mean a significant overhaul of our list.

Johnson & Eagleton will be replaced on the 'Veteran's List' by Gilbee & Hargrave.

10 additions to the list:

(Trades In) Veszpremi, Djerrkura, Sherman,
(Rookie Upgrades) Hooper, Moles,
(F/S) Wallis, Liberatore
& 3 draft picks.

Means there have to be 10 delistings:

Harbrow, Everitt, Akermanis, Callan & Thorne are 5 for sure.

I reckon there are 6 remaining that can fit into the 5 others:

Hahn, Stack, Mulligan, Boumann, Tiller & Markovic.

I'm sure that somewhere someone will point out that I missed someone's name.

bornadog
19-10-2010, 05:46 PM
If 'Simon Says' we'll have 3 draft picks, it will mean a significant overhaul of our list.

Johnson & Eagleton will be replaced on the 'Veteran's List' by Gilbee & Hargrave.

10 additions to the list:

(Trades In) Veszpremi, Djerrkura, Sherman,
(Rookie Upgrades) Hooper, Moles,
(F/S) Wallis, Liberatore
& 3 draft picks.

Means there have to be 10 delistings:

Harbrow, Everitt, Akermanis, Callan & Thorne are 5 for sure.

I reckon there are 6 remaining that can fit into the 5 others:

Hahn, Stack, Mulligan, Boumann, Tiller & Markovic.

I'm sure that somewhere someone will point out that I missed someone's name.

I would say Stack, Tiller, Markovic, Hahn and Mulligan

divvydan
19-10-2010, 05:48 PM
TCD, Gilbee and Hargrave going onto the Veterans List (assuming they do) takes the total number of outs to 7.
Also, has Moles definitely been elevated onto the main list for 2011? I know Hooper was given a two year contract and elevated but haven't heard about the same for Moles.

The Coon Dog
19-10-2010, 05:51 PM
TCD, Gilbee and Hargrave going onto the Veterans List (assuming they do) takes the total number of outs to 7.

Forgot about that! :o

chef
19-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I would say Stack, Tiller, Markovic, Hahn and Mulligan

Only 3 of these guys need to go.

Greystache
19-10-2010, 05:57 PM

I think it'll be Tiller, Hahn, and Boumann. With Boumann some chance to be rookie listed.

bornadog
19-10-2010, 06:04 PM

ok changes things, I think it will be Stack, Tiller and Markovic, and Hahn hanging on for dear life. Greystache could be right about Boumann. That would be a good move.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Stack (Personal Reasons), Tiller and Hahn for mine.

Boumann may save Mitch though.

Scorlibo
19-10-2010, 06:18 PM
I'd be going with Stack, Mulligan and Markovic.

chef
19-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Aren't Stack and Mulligan contracted for next year? with a tight salary cap we might not be able to pay either of them out and replace them on the list.

Tiller, Mulligan and Hahn for me.

bornadog
19-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Aren't Stack and Mulligan contracted for next year? with a tight salary cap we might not be able to pay him out and replace him on the list.

I believe he wants to head back home, so not a delist but rather mutual agree to go.

Greystache
19-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Isn't Stack contracted for next year? with a tight salary cap we might not be able to pay him out and replace him on the list.

Yes he does. If we really want to move him on, we could delist him and put him on the rookie list like St Kilda did this year with Jarryd Allen to avoid salary issues, but I'd be surprised if we did that.

chef
19-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I believe he wants to head back home, so not a delist but rather mutual agree to go.

I know what you mean, but his salary for next season has to go into next years cap. Unless he forgoes his wage from us for next season.

Greystache
19-10-2010, 06:26 PM

I know what you mean, but his salary for next season has to go into next years cap. Unless he forgoes his wage from us for next season.

We might delist him in the hope Fremantle or West Coast pick him up, in which case they'll pay his salary, and if they don't we can re-draft him with our final pick in the rookie draft and let him play out the final year of his contract as a rookie.

chef
19-10-2010, 06:36 PM
We might delist him in the hope Fremantle or West Coast pick him up, in which case they'll pay his salary, and if they don't we can re-draft him with our final pick in the rookie draft and let him play out the final year of his contract as a rookie.

Sounds fair.

Bulldog4life
19-10-2010, 07:22 PM
If we delist 3 of Markovic, Tiller, Boumann & Mulligan let's hope we don't get too many injuries in our back half. Unless we can pull out a smokey from the draft we won't have too many options.