PDA

View Full Version : Father Son - Beasley

LostDoggy
15-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Was listening to SEN today & KB had his Friday sports chat, which didn't have the usually members there. Filling in was Greg Miller & our very own Simon Beasley, it was good listening for the hour.

During the hour they were talking about future draft prospects, so i decided to send in an sms. I basically ask KB to talk about Simons son, to see how he was tracking.

Simon said that he thought the program the Bulldogs have is fantastic for father son players, his son Will has been down there on various occasions. Seems as though the club keeps tabs on these guys, from a very early age.

Also said he was in year 10 at the moment, but was already a big boy. Simon stands at 6'4, but Will has already passed him. Will currently stands at 6'5 and he has filled out a lot, Simon said that his son is actually bigger then him currently.

Not sure if anyone else heard the talk, thought i would share it on here.

LostDoggy
15-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the info G38 - good prospect to look out for in 2-3 years

Twodogs
15-10-2010, 09:09 PM
When I heard that the Pieman was going to be on I had to listen in. I was reall keen to hear how Will is tracking. Sounds like a promising kid from what his dad said. Let's hope the boy enjoys his footy enough to make it his career and then decides he wants to play with the dogs.

chef
15-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks G38.

Greystache
15-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks Glove.

Interesting to hear Will's starting to fill out, the reports I'd heard on him 2 years ago was that he was tall but gangly and a bit awkward, they thought it would be a couple of years before they would have some idea if he was a chance to make it. Sounds like it's looking positive.

LostDoggy
15-10-2010, 09:49 PM
I heard it. Great timing for us!

jeemak
16-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Thanks Glove.

Interesting to hear Will's starting to fill out, the reports I'd heard on him 2 years ago was that he was tall but gangly and a bit awkward, they thought it would be a couple of years before they would have some idea if he was a chance to make it. Sounds like it's looking positive.

In year 10 (16yo) and 6ft 5in, he's already bigger than Simon! The guy's going to be a huge. Not surprised he was gangly and awkward in year 8!

Dry Rot
16-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Have Foster and Kennedy had any sons?

BornInDroopSt'54
16-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks Glove.

Sounds like Simon, not your glamour puss, more of your unfashionable but very effective style. Mental strength and poise were some of his greatest assets.

KT31
16-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks G38.
Did they mention anything about who he is playing for and at what level ?
It would be sensational to be able to bow to a new Pieman at the club.

Mofra
16-10-2010, 11:43 AM
IIRC he will be eligible in 2012, the same year as Lachie Hunter.
It's a dynasty I tells ya!

comrade
16-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Have Foster and Kennedy had any sons?

I think Fossie does and apparently he's a big lad. No idea if he can play though.

"Foster makes a defensive spoil, Liberatore cleans up the spillage and fires off a handball to Wallis. Wallis spots up Cordy running through the corridor. He finds Hunter with a deft handball who bombs it deep to BEASLEYYYYYYYYYY!".

Everything old is new again.

Bulldog4life
16-10-2010, 12:18 PM
I think Fossie does and apparently he's a big lad. No idea if he can play though.

"Foster makes a defensive spoil, Liberatore cleans up the spillage and fires off a handball to Wallis. Wallis spots up Cordy running through the corridor. He finds Hunter with a deft handball who bombs it deep to BEASLEYYYYYYYYYY!".

Love it.:D

Greystache
16-10-2010, 01:05 PM

Gold!

OLD SCRAGGer
16-10-2010, 01:51 PM

I got chills at this:)

Dry Rot
16-10-2010, 02:44 PM

Thanks

chef
16-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Is there a Templeton on the way too?

The Coon Dog
16-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Is there a Templeton on the too?

No, there isn't.

LostDoggy
16-10-2010, 06:02 PM

Comrade - you have a way with words! Brings a tear to the eye and a warm glow to the ol' heart :D

ReLoad
16-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Beasley got me suspended in high school.

1985, Year 7, A kid at school called our great full forward Beasley a "poofta" so I punched him in the face, got 2 days at home.

My mother was very proud, and that kid never said another word against the great man.

Needless to say I certainly do not condone violence, but the things you do when you are young and dumb. :)

LostDoggy
17-10-2010, 11:02 PM
No, there isn't.

I swear to god I heard something about a Tim, oh well I trust your word over my memory :P

KT31
18-10-2010, 12:16 AM
I swear to god I heard something about a Tim, oh well I trust your word over my memory :P

Anything could have happened at the Footscray footy club disco in the early 80's.
Still qualify for father son.;)

stefoid
18-10-2010, 04:47 PM
I wonder if that pommy guy who used to yell out 'Beazer!!!!!!' is still alive?

Twodogs
19-10-2010, 11:31 PM

I'm fairly sure there would be a law against calling your son 'Tim', 'Tom' or even 'Tam' if your surname was Templeton.

Tim Templeton does stick in the brain though.

Throughandthrough
20-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Well as we play 60% of our games under a roof, young Beasly wont have to worry if it rains.

doggie style
20-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Has anyone heard if Dougie Hawkins son Rick plays footy, and if so, is he any good and what year could we select him?

LostDoggy
20-10-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm fairly sure there would be a law against calling your son 'Tim', 'Tom' or even 'Tam' if your surname was Templeton.

Tim Templeton does stick in the brain though.

Donald McDonald's parents say hello and are still serving there time behind bars.

Sockeye Salmon
20-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Has anyone heard if Dougie Hawkins son Rick plays footy, and if so, is he any good and what year could we select him?

No chance

Desipura
20-10-2010, 01:44 PM

Yes he plays for Bacchus Marsh, not too sure how good he is. All I know is that he has diabetes.

Greystache
20-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Yes he plays for Bacchus Marsh, not too sure how good he is. All I know is that he has diabetes.

Do you know how old he is?

Desipura
20-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Do you know how old he is?
15yo (Refer to TCD's interview with the Hawk)

Twodogs
24-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Donald McDonald's parents say hello and are still serving there time behind bars.

:D

Being called Donald McDonald would have been harsh enough even if Ronald had never been invented. Ronald's existance just makes it cruel.

KT31
24-10-2010, 11:42 PM

Being called Donald McDonald would have been harsh enough even if Ronald had never been invented. Ronald's existance just makes it cruel.

Actually means "Donald son of Donald".
He could be his own father.:D

Greystache
25-10-2010, 11:46 AM

A friend of mine who's a cop looked him up years ago and his full name IS Donald Ronald McDonald!!

LostDoggy
25-10-2010, 02:19 PM
A friend of mine who's a cop looked him up years ago and his full name IS Donald Ronald McDonald!!

Best sports name ever is Neville Neville, father of Gary and Phil from Man Utd and Everton respectively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neville_Neville

Some parents really don't like their offspring

stefoid
25-10-2010, 02:58 PM

I know a 'Anna Hanna Shanahan'

Raw Toast
25-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Aussie cyclist Robbie McEwen named his son Ewen for some reason...

Dazza
25-10-2010, 04:05 PM
That imbecile Kate Langbrook named her child Lewis Lewis.

AndrewP6
25-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Ah, a topic close to my heart - "Silly Parents and their Silly Children's Names"... in teaching, you get all sorts...I've taught a Michael Jackson, Jesse Jackson(the Reverend), Axel Foley, Precious Piper....

mighty_west
25-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Ah, a topic close to my heart - "Silly Parents and their Silly Children's Names"... in teaching, you get all sorts...I've taught a Michael Jackson, Jesse Jackson(the Reverend), Axel Foley, Precious Piper....

Did you have a little Harold Faltemeyer in the stereo ready for everytime he walked into class?...:p

AndrewP6
25-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Did you have a little Harold Faltemeyer in the stereo ready for everytime he walked into class?...:p

That song was on constant play in my head at the time! And he had absolutely no idea why...

Kid at school now is named Ron. And he's only six.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy8RkZoxO8Z66X93ke48KmGKGKPo5gHdBJPS0CLKm Vu6dqS8A&t=1&usg=__4I5_iuxYZqpsHODGIj9lnbAFyZw=

chef
25-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Sarah Jones off FOX sports has a sister Bridget and a brother Tom.

FrediKanoute
25-10-2010, 10:53 PM
I once worked at a company and we had a:

Tom Jones;
Michael Jackson; and a
Rod Stewart

All at the same time in the one company!

EasternWest
26-10-2010, 12:55 AM

How in the hell did you not fall out of your chair laughing?

That is the single most ridiculous, yet awesome, name to give a child.

Mofra
26-10-2010, 10:24 AM
I had a Michael Hunt in my class in year 7.

Twodogs
26-10-2010, 02:05 PM

Tom Jones;
Michael Jackson; and a
Rod Stewart

Was it a record company?

I had a Michael Hunt in my class in year 7.

I betcha did...

mighty_west
26-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Tom Jones;
Michael Jackson; and a
Rod Stewart

I bet the entertainment at the Christmas parties was awesome...:D

LostDoggy
26-10-2010, 04:20 PM
I went to school with a Robin Hood.

OLD SCRAGGer
26-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I went to school with a Robin Hood.

I know a girl who married a " SHAWN LAMB " ( Poor bastard ):)

LostDoggy
26-10-2010, 05:14 PM
May have mentioned this in a previous thread a while ago, but East Asian students who come over to study in Australian universities give themselves 'Western' names all the time, some with only vaguely familiar spellings -- very boganesque in a way.

Anyway, the most bizzarre self-given/inflicted student name I've ever come across was -- no kidding -- Anakin Skywalker. And it was a female student. And she wouldn't answer to Annie or anything like that, it had to be the whole hog (Anakin Skywalker) or nothing. And I know I'm not supposed to say this as an educator, but yes, she was a bit weird in the head.

AndrewP6
26-10-2010, 10:58 PM
How in the hell did you not fall out of your chair laughing?

That is the single most ridiculous, yet awesome, name to give a child.

I very nearly did when I first met him! He was in Prep, I'm calling the roll...something along the lines of "Alex, Matthew, Jade, Ryan, Axel **stifled laughter**" etc etc! I still wonder to this day, how after nine months + of thought, parents can lumber their kids with those names. The Reverend (Jesse Jackson) used to amuse me. He found out my name one day and looking amazed, said to me "Is your name REALLY Andrew?"...I replied "Do you realise you're named after a REVEREND? :D

AndrewP6
26-10-2010, 11:01 PM
May have mentioned this in a previous thread a while ago, but East Asian students who come over to study in Australian universities give themselves 'Western' names all the time, some with only vaguely familiar spellings -- very boganesque in a way.

Anyway, the most bizzarre self-given/inflicted student name I've ever come across was -- no kidding -- Anakin Skywalker. And it was a female student. And she wouldn't answer to Annie or anything like that, it had to be the whole hog (Anakin Skywalker) or nothing. And I know I'm not supposed to say this as an educator, but yes, she was a bit weird in the head.

Yes I recall this discussion...still makes me laugh though. My mother worked with a little boy of Chinese descent who was named Henry...

The Coon Dog
26-10-2010, 11:19 PM
All good & well these names, but any chance we get get the thread back on track?

LostDoggy
27-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Can anyone give a detailed list of ALL the potential F/S in the next few years? would love to have a more refined idea about who we can possibly draft.

always right
27-10-2010, 12:30 PM
All good & well these names, but any chance we get get the thread back on track?

I entered this thread at the last page. Was wondering what the hell was going on:confused:

BTW...one of my friends back in primary school was called Igor.....pronounced IIIIIIgorrr:D

KT31
29-10-2010, 10:53 AM

Agree with you TCD, lets get this back on track.

By the way I went to school with a Peta Laurie and a Joseph King was at the high school.
Also I can never take the news reporter Harry Potter serious.
(Sorry Tcd ):o

Sedat
29-10-2010, 11:04 AM
My mates and I were lucky enough to be invited to a president's lunch in 2005 (was the Round 2 match v Melbourne at Etihad - Rocket's 2nd game in charge for the club). We were sitting at a table with Luke Darcy's wife and son (who was about 2 at the time), and also Simon Beasley's wife and young Will Beasley, who would have been about 11-12 at the time. The first thing that we noticed with Will was his thick mop of blonde hair, which one of my mates surmised probably won't be there in 15-20 years' time :)

Twodogs
29-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Agree with you TCD, lets get this back on track.

By the way I went to school with a Peta Laurie and a Joseph King was at the high school.
Also I can never take the news reporter Harry Potter serious.
(Sorry Tcd ):o

Canbeeeeerrrrrra.

OK that's the last time.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-10-2010, 02:12 PM

Yes, Has lUke Darcy got any male progeny yet?

I taught a Bum for two years, Bum Ju. He hung on to the name, didn't anglicise it. I'm teaching an Yi Tse (pronounced itsy), that's surname and given name.

Twodogs
29-10-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm teaching an Yi Tse (pronounced itsy), that's surname and given name.

Their nickname has to be 'bitsy' or 'Yellowpolkadotbikini' surely?

That's the last time for sure this time. I had my fingers crossed last time.

EasternWest
29-10-2010, 11:17 PM
My ex went to school with a kid named Sulami Tuhans.

Now for Dogs sake someone get this thread back on track.

Doggy
30-10-2010, 10:46 PM
My ex went to school with a kid named Sulami Tuhans.

Now for Dogs sake someone get this thread back on track.

Wait one more.

I went to primary school with a little Turkish boy named Farti.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Wait one more.

I went to primary school with a little Turkish boy named Farti.

Georgie Bissett must surely have had a son by now.
Farti by name and by nature. Salami Twohands is a doozy. John Halfpenny was always going to feel short changed and join a union, Ern Drinkwater was destined to head the Water Works (MMBW) and Pat Cash was likewise destined to make money.

LostDoggy
31-10-2010, 11:46 PM

]"Foster makes a defensive spoil, Liberatore cleans up the spillage and fires off a handball to Wallis. Wallis spots up Cordy running through the corridor. He finds Hunter with a deft handball who bombs it deep to BEASLEYYYYYYYYYY[/B]!".

Magical call. Can't wait to hear it soon. Can I borrow this, comrade. That's gotta be a flashback of the future of the past.... gotta be..:confused:;):D

FrediKanoute
02-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Georgie Bissett must surely have had a son by now.
Farti by name and by nature. Salami Twohands is a doozy. John Halfpenny was always going to feel short changed and join a union, Ern Drinkwater was destined to head the Water Works (MMBW) and Pat Cash was likewise destined to make money.

Yeah, I think he had a son Corey Bisset.....was a junior back when Chris Grant was a junior, so is now well into retirement

Bulldog4life
03-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I think he had a son Corey Bisset.....was a junior back when Chris Grant was a junior, so is now well into retirement

He did. Corey I think played at St.Albans at one stage.

LostDog
03-11-2010, 07:25 PM
close this thread... Im sick of coming in here expecting to read some F/S News and this stupidity continues, create another thread for this

Funny at first but it gets a little annoying guys come on

EasternWest
03-11-2010, 08:40 PM
close this thread... Im sick of coming in here expecting to read some F/S News and this stupidity continues, create another thread for this

Wow. I never realised clicking the browser back button was so hard. I bet you spent more time and energy typing your reply than pushing "back".

Lighten up man.

Twodogs
04-11-2010, 07:29 PM

You're the only one to have brought the topic up in the last three days. The last off topic post in this thread was 31-10-2010 10:46 PM by DaDruid.

LostDoggy
04-11-2010, 10:50 PM
You're the only one to have brought the topic up in the last three days. The last off topic post in this thread was 31-10-2010 10:46 PM by DaDruid.
Like it !