PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Moments of season 2010

LostDoggy
19-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Because I did this thread in 2009 and since no one has started a thread for 2010, I thought I may as well :)

5) The loss of Cooney for finals. Really could of helped if we had him in the Prelim...

4) Barry Hall NOT punching someone! Cop that Media! :D

3) Emphatic win over Freo after the week that the club had, after the termination of Jason Akermanis' footballing career.

2) Coming back from 5 goals down to beat Sydney in a cut-throat Semi-Final at the MCG. It proved that we weren't done with and will not go down without a fight! Also, cause I got on tv again ;)

1) The NAB Cup Win. Sure it wasn't the big one, but it was our first silverware since the 60's and I thought it was worth celebrating. The cheers of ''Baaaaarrryyyyyy!!! Baaaaarrryyyyyy!!!'' still gets me excited!

What do you guys think? Whats your Top 5 moments from 2010? :)

LostDoggy
19-10-2010, 10:31 PM
I would have Cooney's injury in my bottom 5 of 2010. Loved seeing Dale Morris return after only 3 weeks from a severed spinal cord. Tough.

LostDoggy
19-10-2010, 10:39 PM
I would have Cooney's injury in my bottom 5 of 2010. Loved seeing Dale Morris return after only 3 weeks from a severed spinal cord. Tough.

Maybe it's meant as in major moments of the year?

LostDoggy
19-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Maybe it's meant as in major moments of the year?

Thanks Sophie. I guess sarcasm still doesn't translate very well in forums, even when it's obvious.

LostDoggy
19-10-2010, 10:50 PM
1. Watching Johnno play in the semi final.

2. Barry's presence in the forward line.

3. NAB cup grand final.

4. Hoopers 1st goal celebration and the team lifting after.

5. And yes Morris's courage the come back and play, a captain in the making.

Can't wait for next year!

craigsahibee
19-10-2010, 11:01 PM
5. NAB Cup Win
4. Emergence of Grant, Roughead, Wood and Jones
3. Smashing Carlton
2. Johnno's Testimonial Lunch
1. Griff's September Heroics

Greystache
19-10-2010, 11:15 PM
5. Holding on in the last quarter to win in the wet against Adelaide.

4. Giving Akermanis the arse.

3. Griffen kicking a goal in the wet to beat Melbourne.

2. Second half fightback to win the semi-final

1. Barry Hall tearing Zac Dawson a new arse in the last quarter of a winning NAB Cup final.

1eyedog
19-10-2010, 11:24 PM
5- Barry Hall's 80 goal year

4- Liam Picken's goal against Fremantle

3- Griffen's finals form on one leg

2- Callan Ward's work in the Prelim

1- NAB Cup win

The Bulldogs Bite
20-10-2010, 12:31 AM
5 - Win vs Fremantle.
4 - Hall's season.
3 - Cal Ward's PF.
2 - Win vs Sydney SF.
1 - Grant's breakout season. Huge, huge plus.

boydogs
20-10-2010, 01:30 AM
5 - Barry Hall's second half after the headlock
4 - NAB Cup win
3 - Freo win after Aker sacking
2 - Semi-final comeback, kickstarted by Hooper's goal
1 - Brad Johnson's retirement

LostDoggy
20-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks Sophie. I guess sarcasm still doesn't translate very well in forums, even when it's obvious.

Oh haha, I honestly thought you didn't understand. Oops.

Charlie the Wonder Dog
20-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Two points, one general and one specific:

1. Griff breaking the lines running to 50 and kicking a goal (not a point). Significant improvement on 2009 :)

2. Liams goal from the pocket against Freo, my undoubted highlight of the year. I love you Liam :D

Remi Moses
20-10-2010, 03:34 PM
5 Hall sticking it up talkback drones and the media
4. The club giving that potty mouth thin skinned meglomaniac the arse
3. Great comeback win against Sydney
2. The NAB Cup (at least some silverware in the cabinet)
1. Dale Morris and his gutsy effort coming back from a broken back(be nice just for once he didn't get hurt for the big games)

LostDoggy
20-10-2010, 03:44 PM
1. The Headlock
2. The Flu
3. The Comeback (Semi-Final in Sydney)
4. The Rampage (Gia's elite 30+ possession games 3 weeks in a row)
5. The Miss (Gia again, vs. St. Kilda in our 3 point loss early in the season that would have sealed the game)

Top moment against us:

Rioli's Revenge -- Cyril in one of his only good games of the year being untackleable and kicking everything against us.

Sedat
20-10-2010, 03:46 PM
1. Winning finals in any season is a highlight, and the manner of our win against Sydney was all the more meritorious - it was the first genuinely close final that we've actually ended up on the winning side of the ledger since 1961. Must have been at least 6-7 tight finals that we've ended up losing in that time so the relief to actually get over the line in a real dogfight was very satisfying.

2. I normally don't rate NAB Cup but when it is the only silverware I've seen us win in my lifetime, you enjoy it.

3. Round 19 v Adelaide victory at AAMI - terrific, gutsy effort with half the team flu-riddled. Our best H&A win for the season.

4. Round 9 v North at Etihad. I do love a bit of argy bargy at the football, and we got plenty of niggle in this game. Very enjoyable day at the footy.

5. Round 17 v Freo at Etihad. Very predictable outcome given the Akermanis fall-out but a complete performance all the same - we actually looked premiership material from Rounds 12-19 (admittedly against poorer opposition) with the only blemish coming against Hawthorn by under a kick, but injury and illness really put the brakes on our momentum.

The Pie Man
20-10-2010, 03:55 PM
1. Winning finals in any season is a highlight, and the manner of our win against Sydney was all the more meritorious - it was the first genuinely close final that we've actually ended up on the winning side of the ledger since 1961. Must have been at least 6-7 tight finals that we've ended up losing in that time so the relief to actually get over the line in a real dogfight was very satisfying.

2. I normally don't rate NAB Cup but when it is the only silverware I've seen us win in my lifetime, you enjoy it.

3. Round 19 v Adelaide victory at AAMI - terrific, gutsy effort with half the team flu-riddled. Our best H&A win for the season.

4. Round 9 v North at Etihad. I do love a bit of argy bargy at the football, and we got plenty of niggle in this game. Very enjoyable day at the footy.

5. Round 17 v Freo at Etihad. Very predictable outcome given the Akermanis fall-out but a complete performance all the same - we actually looked premiership material from Rounds 12-19 (admittedly against poorer opposition) with the only blemish coming against Hawthorn by under a kick, but injury and illness really put the brakes on our momentum.

I would sub in Griffen's goal to win vs Melbourne for the North game, and then this would be my top 5 word for word. You're spot Sedat re: the close finals win - 1st I'd ever experienced in my lifetime. Thought the last 5 minutes vs Melbourne saved our season to that point, we were looking decidedly wobbly and was almost as big a pinch as St Kilda was against us earlier on.

Grantysghost
21-10-2010, 10:27 PM
5. Easton Woods heroics in the dying minutes v Adelaide one on one with K.Tippett (honorable mention to Brizas goalkeeper style save in the same game)
4. Brian Lake going forward and winning the game against the Dees in the wet
3. Barry Hall v Nth Melbourne when he came off and copped ten north idiots with his hands up in the air
2. Brad Johnsons return and trademark running goal along the right wing v the Eagirls at Subiaco.
1. The comeback against the swans in the semi !

EasternWest
21-10-2010, 10:35 PM
5. Easton Woods heroics in the dying minutes v Adelaide one on one with K.Tippett (honorable mention to Brizas goalkeeper style save in the same game)
4. Brian Lake going forward and winning the game against the Dees in the wet
3. Barry Hall v Nth Melbourne when he came off and copped ten north idiots with his hands up in the air
2. Brad Johnsons return and trademark running goal along the right wing v the Eagirls at Subiaco.
1. The comeback against the swans in the semi !

It's funny how quickly we've accepted the arrival of Easton. He hit the ground running and it feels like he's been a part of it forever. Great kid.

Daughter of the West
22-10-2010, 10:03 AM
5. "BBBBBBBBAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, BBBBAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY!" at the NAB cup final
4. Coming out and belting Freo after all the hoo-ha that we'd had to deal with during the week
3. The sheer grit and determination used by the (quite ill) Dogs to beat Adelaide in rubbish conditions
2. Griff playing like a legend in September
1. The semi final comeback against the Swans

LostDoggy
22-10-2010, 11:22 AM
5. NAB Cup, it felt really surreal at the time. and yes the Bazza chants were great, we got a lot out of him and hope that continues next year.
4. Callan Ward, Dylan Addison, Liam Picken and Easton Wood. All 4 are tough as nails, the future looks bright :)
3. Brian Lake - Forward Version 1.0
2. Ryan GriffEn - Can only keep going up from here, amazing individual plays throughout the whole year.
1. Brad Johnson - What a career, we have been treated to a once in a lifetime player.

bornadog
22-10-2010, 12:25 PM
2. Ryan Griffin :eek:- Can only keep going up from here, amazing individual plays throughout the whole year.

Alex Alex Alex..................................:D

EasternWest
22-10-2010, 01:00 PM

It might have been a iPhone correction. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time.

LostDoggy
22-10-2010, 01:11 PM
It might have been a iPhone correction. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time.

Yeah, please sir, give me some benefit. Stupid Iphone corrections :(

Mantis
22-10-2010, 03:16 PM

You should be one to talk.

I vomit a little in my mouth each time I look at your avatar.

Please change it.

EasternWest
22-10-2010, 03:29 PM
You should be one to talk.

I vomit a little in my mouth each time I look at your avatar.

Please change it.

Didn't you have Cadel Evans for yours Mantis?

Don't step on my dog, or I will cut your head off! :D

Mantis
22-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Didn't you have Cadel Evans for yours Mantis?

Don't step on my dog, or I will cut your head off! :D

I did.

I used it while the TDF was on. If you had a problem all you had to do was ask for me to change it... I would have told you to **** off, but that's beside the point isn't it. ;)

EasternWest
22-10-2010, 03:39 PM
I did.

I used it while the TDF was on. If you had a problem all you had to do was ask for me to change it... I would have told you to **** off, but that's beside the point isn't it. ;)

Nope. No problem with it. I don't see it as my place to tell people what they can and can't have for their avatar. ;)

Mantis
22-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Nope. No problem with it. I don't see it as my place to tell people what they can and can't have for their avatar. ;)

Perhaps I should have added an emoticon to my post to bornadog showing that I was being a little tongue in cheek.

Carry on.

bornadog
22-10-2010, 03:48 PM
I did.

Ditto:D

I thought people would love it:)

Mantis
22-10-2010, 03:56 PM

As Choco Williams famously voiced 'you were wrong'. ;)

Sedat
22-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Such is my bored ambivalence with cricket these days, I can't even get remotely riled by BAD's avatar.

bornadog
22-10-2010, 04:28 PM
As Choco Williams famously voiced 'you were wrong'. ;)

He does have a face that you want to punch.

Mantis
22-10-2010, 04:31 PM
He does have a face that you want to punch.

I was thinking that very thing. :)

Greystache
22-10-2010, 05:07 PM

Maybe you can suggest that to a couple of other posters on here. ;)

LostDoggy
22-10-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't really have a top 5 - was a bit disappointed this season, even though we did make the preliminary final.......

I have two favourite moments:

2) The NAB Cup Final win - it was nice just to smash St Kilda, and to see the snobs in front of us (who gave me a dirty look when I said "piss off" when St Diver got his first free kick) leave half way through the final quarter. ;)

1) Cheering Johnno off the ground after the semi final win against the Swans. :D

w3design
22-10-2010, 06:03 PM
1. Footage of jono and ego after pf. A poignant reminder of how cruel this game can be, both knowing the title "premiership player" will never be after their names. This may not be a "highlight" of 2010 but it is the lasting image I will take away of the year.

The genuine "good bits" for me :

2. Big bad Barry being more gentleman than brute and embracing this club.
3. The sound of the siren in the semi v Sydney. What a sweet sound!
4. Griffen's emergence to be the player we know he can be. Some of his goals were just magnificent. But his courage in games like the coll final even better.
5. Call ward in the pf. A big occasion kind of guy. Have a great pre season call. You showed then exactly how much we had missed you throughout too much of this year.

Doc26
22-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Struggling to get my head around the top 5 moments - still coming to terms with another bloody losing prelim. The single highlight for me was Grant taking a step forward which I was starting to doubt we would see. Seeing him ignite his afterburners off half forward on a few occasions keeps coming to mind. The other highlight was seeing the development of Roughead and the obvious potential he offers us. Lake cementing his place as the #1 full back in the comp. was also a highlight.

chef
22-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Ditto:D

I do.

No need to change it. Watson is awesome:).

LostDoggy
23-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I thought I would post 5 moments that were under consideration by this sick puppy but hardly mentioned yet. Not one is an actual onfield moment but those have been amply covered by others and i'd only be writing some same same.

5. Charlie Sutton's passionate speech at the Hall of Fame event. Moving, emotionaland timeless.

4. It actually happened in November last year but qualifies due to being after last years Top5. Susan Alberti winning her court battle with Channel 9 and Sam Newman. You're a legend, Sue.

3. At her first game after the election result, Julia Gillard at the fence cheering for the Doggies all scarfed up and every national news camera om her. Finally, real national exposure on a political level. A Doggies fan in the lodge gets my nod for number 3. (please no diatribe due to party politics)

2. Again, from last year, this one is from the Inside The Kennel Christmas Show. Christian Howard commenting that he's here to stay because his parents had already rented out his room to two Swedish backpackers. Still cuts me up every time I think about it.

1. As usual, it's all about me. Appearing on The Footy Show and having Sam Newman promise to buy me some teeth and then Sam coming good on that promise. That moment will never be forgotten by myself. I will be further reminded every time I look in the mirror or eat something for the rest of my life. Bless him and his only other kidney.

LostDoggy
23-10-2010, 10:00 AM
1. The Headlock
2. The Flu
3. The Comeback (Semi-Final in Sydney)
4. The Rampage (Gia's elite 30+ possession games 3 weeks in a row)
5. The Miss (Gia again, vs. St. Kilda in our 3 point loss early in the season that would have sealed the game)

Top moment against us:

Rioli's Revenge -- Cyril in one of his only good games of the year being untackleable and kicking everything against us.

Love this, Lantern! :D

LostDoggy
23-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Love this, Lantern! :D

Haha ditto with your list DaDruid -- something erudite amidst the on-field reminiscing. The Swedish backpacker one is a doozy, and congrats about that teeth again!