PDA

View Full Version : The off Season – Player training, tests and eating habits

BulldogBelle
26-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Training is obviously not too far away from resuming for the season ahead. Another gruelling pre-season will test our Players characters, strengths and weaknesses. How will they all return after their holiday breaks – will their skin folds be up or down? No doubt they will all be aware what awaits them if they haven’t been looking after their bodies correctly during the off time.

Was chatting to a Bomber player of yesteryear and asked him about the pre-seasons, skin folds etc and he mentioned to me that the initial few days back at the club was always a challenging and stressful one, all players did all their tests and waited on tenterhooks on results, it was very stressful for those that didn’t stick to their routine and gained a little weight – they were then basically flogged on the training track for weeks till they got their ideal weight.

One thing I do know – is Daniel Cross and Matthew Boyd would be the last ones on our list who would'nt be too worried about their fitness on a return back from a break. Those two are freaks when it comes to their training and dietary requirements.

Thoughts?

LostDoggy
26-10-2010, 02:37 PM
One thing I do know – is Daniel Cross and Matthew Boyd would be the last ones on our list who would'nt be too worried about their fitness on a return back from a break. Those two are freaks when it comes to their training and dietary requirements.

Thoughts?

I imagine Liam Picken wouldn't be too far behind them in the obsessive stakes.

BulldogBelle
26-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I imagine Liam Picken wouldn't be too far behind them in the obsessive stakes.

Yep, he's another one that would be right up there with them.

chef
26-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Hopefully Hill comes back in better shape this year.

Cyberdoggie
26-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Apparently Bob Murphy has been seen running around princes park.

Good to see he's already up and running, no post season injuries setting him back for once.

AndrewP6
26-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Can't see Baz getting flabby either...read an interview with him where he described himself as a 'fitness freak'... be interesting to see the likes of Howard, Tutt etc who've now seen what's required, and if they can cut it.

LostDoggy
27-10-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm hoping to hear good news about the following players

Grant - great season last year , really want him to back it up and get a lot fitter and with more weight
Ward - Finished the season in fantastic fashion, want to see him start the next the same way
Cordy- Would love to see some weight gain

what I don't want to hear is player x comes back 10 kg to heavy and looks to have been in a good paddock over the break.

I have great faith in the senior players and am hoping this flows through tot he young guys, bring on 2011!!!!

LostDoggy
27-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm hoping to hear good news about the following players

Grant - great season last year , really want him to back it up and get a lot fitter and with more weight
Ward - Finished the season in fantastic fashion, want to see him start the next the same way
Cordy- Would love to see some weight gain

what I don't want to hear is player x comes back 10 kg to heavy and looks to have been in a good paddock over the break.

I have great faith in the senior players and am hoping this flows through tot he young guys, bring on 2011!!!!

Do you think Grant can pack the weight on? He just doesn't seem to have that kind of frame that bulks up Barry-style. He seems more of a Rob Murphy type. Ward I'm 100% sure will come back better, this kid has “professional” written all over him. Wait and see on Cords…

Mofra
27-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Article in the paper (was it our Hun report?) that noted Cordy has spent plenty of time in the gym.
Would be a difficult time for him during the year, as the best bulking exercises (squats/deadlifts) can't be done without healthy shoulders, neighter can chins or presses. He's probably trying to get some catch up on the group before pre-season starts.

LostDoggy
27-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Do you think Grant can pack the weight on? He just doesn't seem to have that kind of frame that bulks up Barry-style. He seems more of a Rob Murphy type. Ward I'm 100% sure will come back better, this kid has “professional” written all over him. Wait and see on Cords…

I dont expect him to get to 100kg but you you hope he can get some weight on. He was playing at 80kg and getting very easily knowcked of the ball at times, hopefully over a few seasons he can get into the 90's.

One thing we dont want him to do is get really heavy and lose his pace, its such a great aspect of his game.

LostDoggy
27-10-2010, 06:05 PM
No Japanese soy milk this year.