PDA

View Full Version : Will Mitch Hahn get another season?

GVGjr
27-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Thought I would start a poll to see if people believe Mitch will get another season or not?

If you think he will get the extra season what do you think the reasoning behind it will be?

Mantis
27-10-2010, 10:57 AM
No.

Time to develop & give game time to our young forwards.

The game has changed and Mitch's lack of mobility has hurt him.

EasternWest
27-10-2010, 10:59 AM
No.

But that didn't keep him from playing all this year.

GVGjr
27-10-2010, 11:00 AM
No.

If we had a slightly different list (younger) there might be a case to maintain Mitch but the reality is that he could only get a few token games as the club looks to further develop Jones and Grant.

In some ways having Hall in the forward line means that there is no spot of Mitch.

Mantis
27-10-2010, 11:05 AM
But that didn't keep him from playing all this year.

He played pretty much when Jones didn't. With another pre-season under his belt Jones must play every week which means there is no spot for him in our forward-line.

The Coon Dog
27-10-2010, 11:15 AM
No for me, the game has moved faster & it makes Mitch look terribly slow. With the benefit of hindsight Aker & Eagle went on a year too long so time to take heed.

Ozza
27-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't think Mitch SHOULD get another year - I think his good footy is well behind him.
But I suspect Mitch WILL get a one year deal.

Bulldog Revolution
27-10-2010, 11:27 AM
If he is kept it is seemingly only as a backup for Hall - not that they play the role in a similar manner

Our inactivity in turning over the list during the past two years hurts Mitch

Also our ridiculous contracting of Markovic and Tiller does not help

I think its time to retire graciously albeit a bit disappointed - those are the lessons of life Mitch, no point bearing a grudge, you'll always be remembered as a dog if you leave with your head held high and your tail waggling

Sockeye Salmon
27-10-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't think Mitch SHOULD get another year - I think his good footy is well behind him.

This

EasternWest
27-10-2010, 12:06 PM
He played pretty much when Jones didn't. With another pre-season under his belt Jones must play every week which means there is no spot for him in our forward-line.
Yeah I pretty much agree with you, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play next year. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Not potting Mitch. He's been great. But he's cooked.

azabob
27-10-2010, 12:08 PM

Tend to agree. I have the feeling if he wasn't going on we would've said so by now.

Cyberdoggie
27-10-2010, 12:09 PM
If we kept Mitch Hahn, i'm sure Eade would be compelled to pick him, and that is not in our best interests.

You can't have senior players running around in the VFL all year, it's not good for the team.

hujsh
27-10-2010, 12:21 PM
If we kept Mitch Hahn, i'm sure Eade would be compelled to pick him, and that is not in our best interests.

You can't have senior players running around in the VFL all year, it's not good for the team.

Yep, just look at Collingwood

Ozza
27-10-2010, 12:24 PM
To be totally honest - I've never quite been sold on Hahn as a footballer - but I could understand his value for years of us being undersized up forward.
He has done tremendously well to play 180+ games of AFL footy - without being the most gifted bloke out there - and has played the odd huge game for us. From all reports - as a leader and club man - he has given us a great deal - but as Bulldog revolution said earlier - its time to retire graciously and be remembered as a very good servant of the club.

bornadog
27-10-2010, 01:10 PM

Do you think so?

BulldogBelle
27-10-2010, 02:10 PM
If he is kept it is seemingly only as a backup for Hall - not that they play the role in a similar manner

Our inactivity in turning over the list during the past two years hurts Mitch

Also our ridiculous contracting of Markovic and Tiller does not help

I think its time to retire graciously albeit a bit disappointed - those are the lessons of life Mitch, no point bearing a grudge, you'll always be remembered as a dog if you leave with your head held high and your tail waggling

Would prefer Roughead at FF as a back-up option if Hall doesnt play.

If Cordy is ready for a game it would be at FF in Halls absence.

mighty_west
27-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Do you think so?

He has a history of playing the older blokes ahead of kids, especially at Sydney, knowing a pretty passionate Swannies supporter and how frustrated he was at the time, and has also proved that here as well.

I don't see a place for Mitch, unfortunatly he is now a liability and has failed on a regular basis big games.

If an older bloke will not help take the group any further, go the kids everytime.

chef
27-10-2010, 06:19 PM
No, the game and Jones has passed him by.

BornInDroopSt'54
27-10-2010, 07:09 PM

+My fears too.

boydogs
27-10-2010, 09:56 PM
+1 for shouldn't but will. The reasoning will be he's only 29, and we need forward line depth with Hill & Stack playing poorly, plus Johnno, Aker & Eagle now retired

LostDoggy
27-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Don't think he should, but think he will.

FrediKanoute
27-10-2010, 10:52 PM
I think he wil get the extra year. Whilst Mitch was by no means a contributor this season you only have to look at how far away guys like Marcovic are to see that Hahn provides better value.

He will get the extra year and probably finish his careerin June/July at Willi.

Doc26
27-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Unfortunately the pace of the game has passed Mitch by. Not much use in bullocking if you can no longer consistently reach a contest. Would be a bad call to keep Mitch on. Hopefully we've learnt from last season not to keep hold of players who in most respects have reached their end.

G-Mo77
28-10-2010, 09:00 AM
No from me.

I've loved Mitch over the years and am grateful to have seen him in the Red, White and Blue but the game has passed him. Sorry Mitch.

GVGjr
29-10-2010, 09:47 PM
If we take AFL.com as gospel it looks like Hahn has survived.

Thoughts?

EasternWest
29-10-2010, 10:20 PM
If we take AFL.com as gospel it looks like Hahn has survived.

Thoughts?

Probably a great guy to have at the club. A good influence on young guys and shows that hard work can create a career.

But if he wears the red white and blue next year, then you'd have to wonder where we're going. No disrespect to Mitch intended.

GVGjr
29-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Probably a great guy to have at the club. A good influence on young guys and shows that hard work can create a career.

But if he wears the red white and blue next year, then you'd have to wonder where we're going. No disrespect to Mitch intended.

The character of Hahn has never been in question but I suppose a lot of us were asking what value he would provide next season.

lemmon
29-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Should be viewed first and foremost as a depth player who isnt guaranteed a spot in the starting 22. Collingwood have paved the way with the treatment of Frasier and Lockyer as stalwarts who are past it, if his performance warrants (for both Willi and the Dogs) he gets played otherwise the kids get opportunities first.

LostDoggy
29-10-2010, 10:59 PM
My thoughts are that Mitch will play one more year, but the tempo of the game has surpassed him. When will a desicion be made? Before preseason one would think.

EasternWest
29-10-2010, 11:10 PM
The character of Hahn has never been in question but I suppose a lot of us were asking what value he would provide next season.

Agreed.

Sedat
29-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Don't we still have 2 more days before finalising list lodgements (Oct 31)?

GVGjr
30-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Don't we still have 2 more days before finalising list lodgements (Oct 31)?

I guess so but why would there be a need to draw it out?

The Coon Dog
30-10-2010, 12:30 AM
I guess so but why would there be a need to draw it out?

Depends on when key personnel return from annual leave, particularly if they're overseas during that time.

GVGjr
30-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Depends on when key personnel return from annual leave, particularly if they're overseas during that time.

I suppose we have to assume that the intent is to keep him but anyway there was a 2.00pm deadline and we haven't de-listed him.

The Coon Dog
30-10-2010, 09:09 AM
I suppose we have to assume that the intent is to keep him but anyway there was a 2.00pm deadline and we haven't de-listed him.

List lodgment 2 is Nov 10, so there is still time I suppose.

GVGjr
30-10-2010, 09:31 AM
List lodgment 2 is Nov 10, so there is still time I suppose.

Its still very likely that our intent is to keep him on the list otherwise we would have given his manager more time to find him another club.

Mantis
30-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Its still very likely that our intent is to keep him on the list otherwise we would have given his manager more time to find him another club.

I would think the delay in the re-signing would have given Mitch's manager ample time to shop him around.